Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,402 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) (20456 Views)

Nnewi Community In Anambra State Holds Her Edo Festival / 2017 National Festival Of Arts And Culture (Live Photos) / 2017 Isese Festival At Igbogbo, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
OgaBuhari:
Edo people are like the Igbos DEVELOPING everywhere the 21 days ultimatum were the Ijaw warriors give una go soon expire oh. Una gn run away go become IDP for Ondo and Kogi cos Benin is a conquered territory by the Ijaws.
cc AdaFonju nengibo Afriifa GrandFinale2017
ASAWANA!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by noruwasman(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
OK....looks more like Calabar Carnival than a 20-century old festival.

#EDOFEST is a festival birth by the present state government to educate and also celebrate about the rich culture of edo people. History has it that edo has one of the most revered culture in the word, just try Google EDOFEST2017 to learn more
#Edonimose #Agha so edo, edo odion, edo gha so oghowan, edo odion

2 Likes

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by safarigirl(f): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
UBGG:

Perhaps, you could go provide them with costumes that would evince how much of a 20-century old festival it truly is.
do they need costumes for the festival?

You know of any other festivals as old as this where they have to dress like circus acts? I get the Bini bids and wrappers the older women have on, it's the other outfits I don't get.

Anyway, lemme comman be going before disgruntled elements pour their frustrations on my head...

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by safarigirl(f): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
noruwasman:

#EDOFEST is a festival birth by the present state government to educate and also celebrate about the rich culture of edo people. History has it that edo has one of the most revered culture in the word, just try Google EDOFEST2017 to learn more
#Edonimose #Agha so edo, edo odion, edo gha so oghowan, edo odion
but some other people here said it's a festival that has been on for 20 centuries, so, which is it?

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by noruwasman(m): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
OgaBuhari:
una don expand una business from Italy go Wales? Iyammi wonders shall never end

Received sence for once now
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by TellMeNothing: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
LordGuru1:
Let's settle this once and for all.
If you think Calabar Carnival is more fun click Like, click Share for Edo Carnival.

You don't know what you are saying there is a difference between Festival and Carnival...
And besides, you should know when it comes to anything Carnival/Street party in Africa no other does it like Calabar Carnival

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by OgaBuhari: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
AdaFonju:
ASAWANA!!!!
awaji
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
do they need costumes for the festival?

You know of any other festivals as old as this where they have to dress like circus acts? I get the Bini bids and wrappers the older women have on, it's the other outfits I don't get.

Anyway, lemme comman be going before disgruntled elements pour their frustrations on my head...

Oh, you poor child...you think there are OTHER 'disgruntled elements' here. Lol. That's cute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by noruwasman(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
but some other people here said it's a festival that has been on for 20 centuries, so, which is it?

EDOFEST is govt organize program while Igue festive a traditional honored according to edo culture dated back 20 centuries ago. To mark the victory of Oba Ewuare1 dominace over his great kingdom that stretch form darhomi down to onisha
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by safarigirl(f): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
noruwasman:

EDOFEST is govt organize program while Igue festive a traditional honored according to edo culture dated back 20 centuries ago. To mark the victory of Oba Ewuare1 dominace over his great kingdom that stretch for darhomi down to onisha
Okay. so, Igue is the real deal, this one is just a side thing

Reading up on the Igue festival and it deals more with the Royal family than the commoners

You've been the most helpful, none antagonistic person on this thread. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Buhari travel to niger republic read more at https://free.facebook.com/PIX-1521015771533164
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by noruwasman(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
Okay. so, Igue is the real deal, this one is just a side thing

Reading up on the Igue festival and it deals more with the Royal family than the commoners

You've been the most helpful, none antagonistic person on this thread. Thanks

you are welcome dear, fill free to ask any question about edo and i will be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Igue festival can also be mark and observed by visitors but there are limited to certain restriction which was what resulted to invasion 1897 by the Britain
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
castrol180:
It still baffles me as this set of people believe so much in their waist (pvssy) for anything either post, money, property, grade, employment, dealing with opposite gender mention them all.

I have never seen any ethnic or tribe dominating the brothel or been courtesan more than these people (Ed ladies and women)

You find them in the red-light district always.

Myd44 rule 2
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
trustyshoess:

igbabonelimin! I miss watching these guys live. It still fascinates me how fast they can go
I don't think igbabonelimi is present in that parade.. The OP took that picture from somewhere else...
Esan Akugbe!!
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
I read through this whole thread and most of the people commenting are so uncultured
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by MOSICATED5(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
The Edo government should come up with something original.

There can only be one Calabar Carnival this period, fixing one of theirs is very coypcat in nature.

Other states have cultural festivals, but they don't wait till end of the year for it.

All these false carnivals from Edo to Abuja and even Lagos, will not match up to CC...that is why the Lagos state government had the sense to start the Lagos Countdown and Copa Lagos. It's their thing
shut up and say what u know. This is a festival and not a carnival and this festival is as old as the Edo people and has been done during this period even before Calabar carnival was conceived

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
MOSICATED5:
shut up and say what u know. This is a festival and not a carnival and this festival is as old as the Edo people and has been done during this period even before Calabar carnival was conceived

Nor mind dat girl
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by safarigirl(f): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
MOSICATED5:
stop displaying your lack of home training.

People who have responsible parents have already explained the idea with civility and I am reading up on it.

You would do well to refrain from barking like a mad dog on social media.

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by poweredcom(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
most young gals there are runs gal and olosho some don come from Italy Spain even Libya ....hahha
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Oria1999: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
poweredcom:
most young gals there are runs gal and olosho some don come from Italy Spain even Libya ....hahha
lol idiot.

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by slawomir: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
oba gha to okpere

ise

iselogbe
my brothers and sisters
I love our Benin culture and tradition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by lereinter(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
AxxeMan:
Please Pretend you went to school for once!!
no be lie now
go search voa news
3 out of 5 black prostitute in italy are nig from edo
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
lereinter:

no be lie now

go search voa news

3 out of 5 black prostitute in italy are nig from edo

Okay clap for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by Afriifa(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
AdaFonju:
ASAWANA!!!!
wanna cheesy
AdaFonju:
ASAWANA!!!!
wanna

1 Like

Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by SicilianMafia: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
Afriifa:
wanna :Dwanna

You don log out from your Adafonju account Eyah..... Shey dem ban the account ni abeg try log in back , mentions plenty for the account grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) by AdaFonju: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
SicilianMafia:

You don log out from your Adafonju account Eyah..... Shey dem ban the account ni abeg try log in back , mentions plenty for the account grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Grow up Izon apu get population, na bini ppl like you wey dey dat one only you AxxeMan SicilianMafia historyworld031 russianjacket , na only you won carry nairaland reach 4 million members

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Fulani Herdsmen Aren’t Criminals —emir Of Ilorin / Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.