Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria (4186 Views)

Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by mezie4u(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2010
Jonathan warns Ghadaffi over comments on Nigeria

By Elizabeth Archibong

April 1, 2010 12:09PM

Acting president, Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday in Abuja warned African leaders to be diplomatic when making statements about other nations.

He said this while receiving the Liberian President, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf who was visiting to broker peace between Nigeria and Libya over statements by the Libyan leader, Muammar Ghaddafi that Nigeria should break up.

Mrs. Johnson-Sirleaf was received at the presidential villa at about 5pm yesterday by Mr. Jonathan and his protocol team, aides as well the National Security Adviser, Aliyu Gusau and the Secretary to the government of the Federation, Yayale Ahmed. She came with a special envoy from the Libyan government which was led by Muhammed Sherif, Secretary General of World Islamic Call Society based in Tripoli. Others present were Rafa Al-Madani, the executive secretary of Forum for Arab-African Non Governmental Organisation and three Embassy staff in Nigeria.

Speaking to journalists after the closed door meeting between both presidents and their aides, Ima Niboro, the special adviser to the acting president on media, said the meeting was to create a rapport between the two countries and to mend fences.

"It is actually an initiative on her part to broker rapprochement between Nigeria and Libya; so she came with two special envoys from the president of Libya, President Ghadaffi and the purpose of the meeting basically is to establish the level of rapport so that the two nations can put behind them the recent statement that has been made and move forward. So it is a process that has been initiated and it is continuing and, God willing, we will see it to the end," he said.

When asked if Nigeria is actually ready to mend fences, Mr. Niboro said: "the acting president made it clear that all leaders should be diplomatic in their comments about other nations, that there are certain kinds of statement that you can make that can substantially ruffle feathers in other nations. So he actually said that there should be an effort from all other leaders to be a little circumspect over the affairs of other nations."

The peace process, he said, is brokered by the president of Liberia ‘to reinstate African unity, and to move ahead.' "The Liberian president is worried about the statements that the Libyan president made and their potential effect on African unity and that is why she came and has made this commendable effort to broker this peace," he said.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2010
Jonathan has to know that Gaddaffi is making sense. Look what Jonathan does not know, is if he does not agree with Gaddaffi on this issue. The military would take over power. Look at this pictures, how does electoral reform solve this.

I need someone to explain to me. How does electoral reform solve this problem. electoral reform ? what is it about. We all know nigeria know how to conduct election. We dont have problem with conducting election. It is the result that they rig. So we cant talk about electoral reform in Nigeria, because that is not our problem.

We do not have problem with that. but the result are rigged.

Now. even if the result are correct. And declear. we have to know  this fact that we have different ethnics group in Nigeria. And the politics  and other issue may lead to a civil war. like we see in Jos. So to avoid a civil war. we find a solution.
Even Obasanjo said listen to Gadaffi, dont throw his solution away. Noone have given another alternative better than Gadaffi ideas? Gadaffi idea is the only solution to peace and avoid a civil war.

And if he does not agree , the military would end up been the only solution to resolve it.

Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2010
Propagandist - Give us a break please.

Nigeria must split,
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by NSNA: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2010
This whole saga is funny, Ghadaffi simply said the same thing that many Nigerians has been singing for many years.
Nigeria got its name from a western Journalist undecided they say
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
becomrich6:

Jonathan has to know that Gaddaffi is making sense. Look what Jonathan does not know, is if he does not agree with Gaddaffi on this issue. The military would take over power. Look at this pictures, how does electoral reform solve this.

I need someone to explain to me. How does electoral reform solve this problem. electoral reform ? what is it about. We all know nigeria know how to conduct election. We dont have problem with conducting election. It is the result that they rig. So we cant talk about electoral reform in Nigeria, because that is not our problem.

Now. even if the result are correct. And declear. we have to know  this fact that we have different ethnics group in Nigeria. And the politics  and other issue may lead to a civil war. like we see in Jos. So to avoid a civil war. we find a solution.
Even Obasanjo said listen to Gadaffi, dont throw his solution away. Noone have given another alternative better than Gadaffi ideas? Gadaffi idea is the only solution to peace and avoid a civil war.

And if he does not agree , the military would end up been the only solution to resolve it.

Becomepoor: U again with maps, i tire oo
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by macnuel: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ BECOMRICH6

I'm not in tune. What are the pictures meant to tell us. What are the red "markers" or "borders" for?
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by samcc30(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2010
in that map, so sokoto only have one building how come their population more than lagos then
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by akwaowoudo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2010
2 rights!
Gadaffi was right; Goodluck Jonathan is also right. Goodluck was elected or rigged to the apex seat by Nigerians. He is speaking the official voice of indivible Nigeria but privately Goodluck knows and accepts to the fact that Nigeria should be splitted in parts so as to halt all these communicable ills perpetuated by the Northerners. Be thou as it may Gadaff has given an advice as this shall be implemented later; hate it or like it that's history.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
becomrich6:

[size=25pt]Guy, to becomerich6 abi na to becomepoor 6 times, which one be ur username self? grin grin grin u are really confused by the map u posted grin grin grin grin, that map is edited and u really did not make a point out of it, i guess to become rich has clouded your mind and u went off thread  grin grin grin grin just come agege come sell bread and u will become rich[/size] grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
That becomerich of a guy should be arrested and tested for mental evaluation. I don't think he's sane
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
samcc30:

in that map, so sokoto only have one building how come their population more than lagos then
[size=25pt]To samcc30, u are already confuse grin grin grin grin i guess becomerich hv infected ur brain with confusion with his map, and u are just confused like him, so u need to go back to school and learn about map reading, geography 1 will help u alot not 2 grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
All your politician are going to wake up death. How old are you people.  The military would remove the politician from power if they do not remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa out of nigeria to make the north majority.

David mark, fashola,jonathan ,Liyel Imoke, bankole,Sullivan Chime, akala,Peter Obi,Ohakim, amachie, odili, Akpabio,Dakingari,Goje  and others dead. Will be Shoot dead by one army uneducated. They are all going to be bullet practice very soon. I dont want to remind nigerian, the type of military we have. They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria. So you think they would remove this government from power.

When it happen. And I would come back and paste their dead picture on the internet. You want to known why yar adua kept on running away from Nigeria, because he knows his northern brother in the military are correct very very very  mad man. And he knows they would not miss the bullet in his body.  The man smart. he never wanted to be a bullet target of northern military boys.

They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria.  So you think people who kill human for 10 cent, would not overthrow this government if you do not remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa to make the north majority. I am going to come back very soon to post dead pictures of nigeria senate and house of representive member on nairaland very soon,

You know what they call koboko in Nigeria. This people use it on civilian. They would line up all the members of the senate and house of rep and thier family member very soon and shoot them all . Take my word for it. let them continue to call Gadaffi mad man, instead of them doing what is best to protect the lifes of nigerian. Who would see who is a mad man very soon.

The bible says wisdom is only useful to the wise. but the fool1 reject wisdom.  6 million people use nairaland every month, the northerner military  boys have seen the satellite pictures. they tried to confirm online if i was telling the truth. they would strike very soon.  They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_O5S81JkhlP4/R6tnu5BscwI/AAAAAAAAADM/qqUxW0UuEMk/s400/9ja+army.jpg[/img]
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
They warn shagari too. Shagari refuse to listen. Shagari would remember when Awolowo held a press conference to warn him of the danger ahead. Shagari refused to listen. They overthrow shagari days after.

What happen to politician who did not listen to awolowo, they all end up in jail, some of them die in jail. the governor were lock up,senators, house of representative,chairman,president, minister etc.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2010
becomrich6:

All your politician are going to wake up death. How old are you people. The military would remove the politician from power if they do not remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa out of nigeria to make the north majority.

David mark, fashola,jonathan ,Liyel Imoke, bankole,Sullivan Chime, akala,Peter Obi,Ohakim, amachie, odili, Akpabio,Dakingari,Goje and others dead. Shoot dead by one army. They are all going to be bullet practice very soon. I dont want to remind nigerian, the type of military we have. They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria. So you think they would remove this government from power.

When it happen. And I would come back and paste their dead picture on the internet. You want to known why yar adua kept on running away from Nigeria, because he knows his northern brother in the military are correct very very very mad man. And he knows they would not miss the bullet in his body. The man smart. he never wanted to be a bullet target of northern military boys.

They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria. So you think people who kill human for 10 cent, would not overthrow this government if you do not remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa to make the north majority. I am going to come back very soon to post dead pictures of nigeria senate and house of representive member on nairaland very soon,

You know what they call koboko in Nigeria. This people use it on civilian. They would line up all the members of the senate and house of rep and thier family member very soon and shoot them all . Take my word for it. let them continue to call Gadaffi mad man, instead of them doing what is best to protect the lifes of nigerian. Who would see who is a mad man very soon.

The bible says wisdom is only useful to the wise. but the fool1 reject wisdom. 6 million people use nairaland every month, the northerner military boys have seen the satellite pictures. they tried to confirm online if i was telling the truth. they would strike very soon. They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_O5S81JkhlP4/R6tnu5BscwI/AAAAAAAAADM/qqUxW0UuEMk/s400/9ja+army.jpg[/img]

[size=25pt] You are the must foolish person i hv ever heard off, i thought this site is being regulated, this fool should b barred frm this site now![/size]
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by macnuel: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
becomrich6:

All your politician are going to wake up death. How old are you people.  The military would remove the politician from power if they do not remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa out of nigeria to make the north majority,

I dont want to remind nigerian, the type of military we have. They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria. So you think they would remove this government from power,

The bible says wisdom is only useful to the wise. but the fool1 reject wisdom.  6 million people use nairaland every month, the northerner military  boys have seen the satellite pictures. they tried to confirm online if i was telling the truth. they would strike very soon.  They kill people for N20 or 10 cent on the road of nigeria.

@ becomrich

Let me ask you: Are you a part of the military, cos you sound so certain that the military would take over power?

Are you a sponsor or do you know sponsor(s) of this "imminent wave of power usurp"? if not, why should the military be intrested in N20 to kill someone? Who gives out this N20?

Plus you have seem to put us more into the shadow with your map. Explain what your map means.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by olaolabiy: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
shut up jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by boyt1: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2010
PurestBoy:

That becomerich of a guy should be arrested and tested for mental evaluation. I don't think he's sane

becomerich also got award on NL for his slangy expressions.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by efepro(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
U are becoming_retarded by 6sec billing, how can a nuisance like this,who cannot type a simple(correct) sentence be talking and u people will be responding,
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
Every nigerian university graduate undergoes a military training. Do you know that more than 1,000,000 nigerian abroad can sponsor a coup. If any kill people on the road for 10 cent. if you give him  1  dollar, you think, he would kill people. He would. If you put 200 men together, you have a coup. And that is 200 dollar. now multiple by $100 for each officer. You have yourself a new government. See the danger.   The military knows they can be governor and president too. Or do you think Akpabio is better than some of this military boys with PHD. since the military knows the politician too did illegal thing to get in power. they too can do illegal thing to be in power. And become governors. and president. they dont give the hell. We have danger signal.

I am certain the military intend to take over.

You see, I assume some of you people are not from nigeria. Our case is different from other countries. You saw what happened in congo and rwanda.  The politician have refused to do the right thing because of thier own personal greed to remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa to protect the north.    Everybody in nigeria knows it is because of thier personal greed and how much money they are making at the moment. Even the military knows that.

I have watch some of the written on the internet closely. And I can tell you. I see the cloud of the military attempting a coup very soon.  I assume those laundry  the imagine of the Nigeria military online are member of the nigeria military trying to win the heart of nigerian before a strike. They show them as educated  men while the politician are no good.

The nigeria military high officers are more educated than the politician really. An average officer in the nigeria military has a master degree. The government pays up to PHD for their education on like other nigerian.

I believe they are  the one using the internet as a tool.  I predict a coup is about to happen.

You see the north has a hold of the military in nigeria. And if they see danger like the satellite picture, they always use the military. And the civilian have failed to correct the issue for personal greed. Not because they love nigeria. They dont give a hell about nigeria or nigerian. But they are making alot of money been in power through contract and kick backs.

So you see the danger. And the danger too. Is that they would kill the politician and not arrest them. because of the fear of the international community.  They dont value human life that much. We see people been killed easy.

That why, they need to remove the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa to avoid a coup. Nigeria is complex, and if you are not a nigerian, you cant understand us and the danger people face from the satellite pictures. congo and rwanda is a reminder of danger of what africa is like.

the problem is some of this people think , I am making up the pictures or that google is telling a lie. Or we can bribe google. In nigeria we believe everything is possible with money. They are ready to bribe google if possible, this is the way we think.

Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
A quick solution is to move the capital from abuja now. too many barrack around abuja
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
For you to understand the danger we face. You can see the members of the nigeria army from the north going to the airport without jonathan knowledge to bring yar adua into the country.

Look, ethnics loyalty is very powerful in Nigeria. Look if I want to go to nigeria, and they are danger sign I may be arrested. member of nigeria army of yoruba origin can storm the airport hours before I arrival and disobey order. And ready to resist any order from abuja or politician. So it tell you the danger we face as a country.

ethnics loyalty is a big problem in nigeria. we have a problem. And we know the north would never agree. It is only uneducated nigerian that believe the north would agree.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
let me make you laugh, you see the senate president david mark who said Gadaffi is mad. If you put him under lie detector test and ask him, if he love Nigeria. You would shock by the result. It would read NO. If I was allowed to place a bet on this, I would. It would not read Yes, he love nigeria.

Even Yar Adua would not read Yes, It would come out NO. Jonathan  read NO. they would all come out NO, NO. If they can agree to do a test on live on Oprah. They would all fail.

I throw a challenges to any of them to take up the offer. live on Oprah show.

The senate should ask all the new minister to comeback to test a lie detector test on this question.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by ceah(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2010
@god of the sun, you are here again, becomrich is waiting for you.

@becomerich, i cant stop laughng, there is always a need for this too serious politcal guys on the political section to ease off the stress but without you that is impossible on Nairaland, keep bribing google for all your satellite picture, i bet the satellite picture gave you the politics man of te ear on nairaland for 2009, i just cant remain laid back today, just gotta comment on your post, lol!, lmfao! *~laughing and rolling on the floor~*
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Feraz(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
becomrich6:

let me make you laugh, you see the senate president david mark who said Gadaffi is mad. If you put him under lie detector test and ask him, if he love Nigeria. You would shock by the result. It would read NO. If I was allowed to place a bet on this, I would. It would not read Yes, he love nigeria.

Even Yar Adua would not read Yes, It would come out NO. Jonathan  read NO. they would all come out NO, NO.
If they can agree to do a test on live on Oprah. They would all fail.

I throw a challenges to any of them to take up the offer. live on Oprah show.

The senate should ask all the new minister to comeback to test a lie detector test on this question.
U really made me laugh:-D :-D
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by TmeD0(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ becomrich6, one word: MENTALO!  grin  grin

and to think people actually considered and voted this joker as one of the best NL contributors. . . 

**shakes head in disbleief**
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by kliffo(m): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
Becomerich6 is irredeemably crazy. Its a shock that such a character won an award on
Nairaland.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by misterh(m): 12:06am On Apr 03, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by misterh(m): 12:10am On Apr 03, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:45am On Apr 03, 2010
@Beconerich,

Hmmm everything about you and your argument is all about maps. I'm yet to find a post of yours of recent where u did not use maps. Relax with your maps man, everyone is getting tired about these maps.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by becomrich6: 2:01am On Apr 03, 2010
You also have this option in the map. But I do not think the north would agree. The only way the north would agree is for you to continue to pay them monthly revenue from the oil while you keep you tax and they keep thiers. But you have to include it in the constitution that you are paying them from oil money. And you leave the border open.  But likely the north would disagree. which leave us with the yorubas,edo,delta and bayelsa state join benin republic.

while they can have citizen of both countries.

While the second is the one , I have said before.

Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by manny4life(m): 2:08am On Apr 03, 2010
Damn dude, do you ever get tired? For real yo take a break, knock it off. Why are u being persistent for other states joining Benin Republic. For real, are you Nigerian?
Re: Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria by Mekzie(m): 2:18am On Apr 03, 2010
;d ;d ;d

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udoji Is Dead / Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is / Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.