Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria (63736 Views)

Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry Coronated As Igwe In Nigeria / THIERRY HENRY Crowned Igwe In Nigeria / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by lonelydora: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
rozayx5:
Not Igbo

But mehn their dress cool. Fits anyone who wears it

That's the original 'ishi agu' cloth. Not the fake many people wear around. A yard of that cloth is about 20-30k depending on the market you go to.

3 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Okoyeeboz: 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
Earthquake1:

Shut up and acknowledge facts, envious Afonjas.

Lol, which fact?
Cos some national slaves wear one funny looking costume?

Look here, what your chiefs wear in your potopoto republic, they use that same material to make seats for Danfo buses in Lagos.
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by tballeyy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

Oga pls is that DP your real image or image of another thing...
You resemble wetin Bini people they use do sacrifice... Is either you are an Ababoku or its in your lineage grin
anyway u be small boy to and u go die by thurnder not by fire. Eleri bu
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by tballeyy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

Oga pls is that DP your real image or image of another thing...
You resemble wetin Bini people they use do sacrifice... Is either you are an Ababoku or its in your lineage grin
anyway u be small boy to and u go die by thurnder not by fire. Eleri bu Ogun punish ur generation.
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by dieBYfire: 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
tballeyy:
anyway u be small boy to and u go die by thurnder not by fire. Eleri bu
grin
Mr Shrek it's Thunder not thurnder

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by dieBYfire: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
tballeyy:
anyway u be small boy to and u go die by thurnder not by fire. Eleri bu Ogun punish ur generation.

Omo Ale!
Get a bleaching cream you really need it! Ur ugliness has drained my battery grin

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by sinola(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
rusellweb:

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has expressed surprise that he was nicknamed “Igwe,” meaning king, by Nigerian fans.

The former France striker said this during his visit to Nigeria over the weekend.

He was hailed “Igwe” by fans as he arrived the Landmark Centre Hall, Lagos, as a guest in the Guinness Made of Black campaign.

According to the former Barcelona star, his ex-teammate Kanu Nwankwo did not inform him he was dubbed such name.

“[Nwankwo] Kanu never told me,” Henry said.

He also said that Kanu was the best African player he had played with due to his technical ability.

“First of all, let me say Lauren (Etame Mayer, former Cameroon international) was very good and I love Lauren to bits. But if you go down to technique, I have to give it to Kanu,” Henry confessed.

“It’s just the truth. Kanu was an underrated player, so humble, nice guy, everything about him was positive.

“We all know that famous turn (Kanu’s dribbling style) that he had, even watching him on television, I was learning (Kanu’s dribbling style). He was always good and a good guy, too.

“Like I said, if we go down to technique, Kanu was very good. Kolo Toure was very tough, Lauren had good technique too until he was moved to right-back.”

http://fstrends.com.ng/2017/12/kanu-never-told-called-igwe-nigeria-henry/

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by abeliver: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
just love everything abt Teary Hunry.
oya go and meet Rochas so u sef go get Statue...
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by tballeyy(m): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

Omo Ale!
Get a bleaching cream you really need it! Ur ugliness has drained my battery grin
I see; huuuu I feel pity for ur family. Guy be warned. I will do what u have never expect in this few days to end this year for u. Make another man's talk don't put u in a mess.
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by melejo(m): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
tiger28:
Igbos have SUFFERED!!! First Israel denied them CLEARLY .....NOW Henry has denied them after all the noise made by igbos yesterday after they gave him igbo attire on him.Damn!!!
I know you can't pass WAEC, the comprehension part will really hold you for ages

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
Igwe what??.??
In futbol He(Thierry) never near that....

why can't nAija crown him igwe when we don't have someone like him here in Nigeria.
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Hunry: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
abeliver:
just love everything abt Teary Hunry.
oya go and meet Rochas so u sef go get Statue...

thank you for the mention, i will do as you have said.
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by dieBYfire: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
tballeyy:
I see; huuuu I feel pity for ur family. Guy be warned. I will do what u have never expect in this few days to end this year for u. Make another man's talk don't put u in a mess.

grin
Should I send you my address and picture so you can do what you wanna do?
If I tear you slap ehn grin
Stop making mouth , you are just an ugly boy that needs help!
Incase you need a strong Babalawo ehn... Go to Owode area,Or IKORODU side... Oloriburuku grin

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Ogunleti01: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kekx:
But, Arsene wenger told Kanu that they use to call you Afonja during training grin
Una well so!

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Sike(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
Now U know
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by CheedyJ(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
temitemi1:
Giving Igwe so cheaply I think i deserve to be called igwe too na grin grin grin
It's igwe of EPL goals & I feel it's thoroughly deserved...
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Amarabae(f): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
Isiagu is indeed a beautiful attire.
So classy and noble.

3 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Kingsley10000: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
best player in the world
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by horlakunle25(m): 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmmm!!really?? D only igwe I knw is remi aluko!!
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Kingsley10000: 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
pls Henry always wear this cloth whenever you're invited for supersports match analysis
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by chyboyfrank(m): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
rozayx5:
Not Igbo

But mehn their dress cool. Fits anyone who wears it

We rocks bro..no be by oversize nowwww.

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by AMUNSI23(f): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
let me come and be going
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Azam101: 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
The real Igwe we know not that useless nnamudi cownu!
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by aspirebig: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
The guy that makes scoring easy....

Just have to go to Barca to win the UCL. ....what a smart move....having won the world cup with France in '98.

Now he has the two biggest trophies in football in his CV .....
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by BiafraAmaka(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
temitemi1:
Giving Igwe so cheaply I think i deserve to be called igwe too na grin grin grin

Giving Igbo title outside Igbo land
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Ohaneche(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
Igwe Thierry Kenebelum Olisa Henry

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Ohaneche(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
BiafraAmaka:

Giving Igbo title outside Igbo land

Was the name given to him under coronation?? It's a mere remark so no dey speed bro
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by CeeFire(m): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
obanqua:
King in the North!!!!! grin

Lmao.... burst my head brother.���

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
...a deserved one
Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by Made1414(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
aleeyus:
Cheapest tribe with cheapest titles

That was Ig**o

I never say IGBO

Please respect!

Take it any where Igbo is the best tribe in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria by VictorRomanov: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
IsYou:
Ok Your mumu is 100%,e no get part 2.

my guy the mumu too much ooo, e no fit end for part 1. e reach season 3 with 36 episodes each. The mumu too much!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" / Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.