Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng (19664 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Soldiers, Police Attack My Lawyer’s House, Kill 3' / Photos Of Anti Okorocha Protesters Begging For Participants With Microphone / Ipob Members Stage Anti-okorocha Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by computerwiz2: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Police on Monday morning attacked protesters on a peaceful protest against the Rochas Okorocha government in Imo State.

The protest, tagged ‘Occupy Owerri’, which is expected to last for one week, was called by Imo People’s Action for Democracy, IPAD, against the policies of the Governor Okorocha administration.

Chief among the grouse of the protesters is the erection of statues in Owerri, the state capital, costing millions of naira, when the state is still owing workers salaries and pensions.

They are also opposed to the appointment of the governor’s sister as Commissioner for Happiness and Purpose Fulfilment.

The group had written to the police and the State Security Service for security during the rally. While the SSS gave approval for the rally to hold, the police asked that the rally be shifted till after the yuletide period.

But the group refused, arguing that the police have no right to stop it from protesting.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, the coordinator of the group, Aku Obidinma, said police fired tear gas at the protesters, beat them up and also confiscated their placards as they began the peaceful protest.

He said they won’t be deterred by the actions of the police.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252785-police-attack-anti-okorocha-protesters-in-owerri.html

lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Annnonymous: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Damn FTC!

Mr. Rochas, I deserve a statue angry angry

26 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by themonk(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Okorocha will now mould both the protesters and the gallant police officers

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by twy44(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
nawaoo
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by lonelydora: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Rochas should just do a statue of the IPAD leader and see how the protest will die naturally.

10 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Next election don't vote whoever Rochas supports.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Lol. Then Okoroauwsa would rent his own crowd supporting him and police would protect them properly.. Useless country.. Make them give me petrol and lighter wey fit set the whole country ablaze, I would happily do it.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by tuna4servi(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by merit455(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Zombies will not shout now

6 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by ritababe(f): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
na wa oh, freedom of speech gone with goodluck, only God will help us in this country.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Mandynews(f): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
One fool will tell you Rochas is working cry stupid youths supporting failed government cry

Revolution is what we need in this country. God punish all these Occultic leaders cry

God punish you if you quote me wrong.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by MrMoney007: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
My guy used this man's name for a song in his first tenure against my advice, I wonder how my nigga feels anytime he plays that track.

Waste of studio fund

7 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by delikay4luv: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Can't even protest in peace again. Welcome to the military government posing as Civilian government.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Amhappy(f): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Gbagam it don happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Adaowerri111: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
They were warned

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Badonasty(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
computerwiz2:
Police on Monday morning attacked protesters on a peaceful protest against the Rochas Okorocha government in Imo State.

The protest, tagged ‘Occupy Owerri’, which is expected to last for one week, was called by Imo People’s Action for Democracy, IPAD, against the policies of the Governor Okorocha administration.

Chief among the grouse of the protesters is the erection of statues in Owerri, the state capital, costing millions of naira, when the state is still owing workers salaries and pensions.

They are also opposed to the appointment of the governor’s sister as Commissioner for Happiness and Purpose Fulfilment.

The group had written to the police and the State Security Service for security during the rally. While the SSS gave approval for the rally to hold, the police asked that the rally be shifted till after the yuletide period.

But the group refused, arguing that the police have no right to stop it from protesting.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, the coordinator of the group, Aku Obidinma, said police fired tear gas at the protesters, beat them up and also confiscated their placards as they began the peaceful protest.

He said they won’t be deterred by the actions of the police.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252785-police-attack-anti-okorocha-protesters-in-owerri.html

lalasticlala

worst governor in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by merit455(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Annnonymous:
I think you are stupid
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Lilimax(f): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
No need of protest. They should just vote him out during the next election embarassed

By the way Akpuola gi! shocked
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by BeijinDossier: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2017

Did anyone see this line? Salaries and pensions are owed for months while statue were erected with millions. Propaganda and lies has a limit. The truth is gradually coming out. cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
shocked

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by kings09(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
Statues for d police coming up

2 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Runaway: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
I thought they said Okorocha and APC are working?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Moloso(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
the are Right abeg
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by NnamdiKanu(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
I angry
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by nkemdi89(f): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Nobody should blame the police, they are answerable to the governor before any other person.

2 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Awoofawo(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
IPAD........................IPOB...these folks are very creative o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by mayorkyzo: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Rochas the tyrant

3 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Xisnin(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ipob sponsored crowd.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by jojo1415: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Rochas has made imo state a big joke..way is de fate of de poor masses!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by maestroferddi: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
Just for a short time. Rochas days as a politician in Igboland are numbered.

3 Likes

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by positivelord: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
where are the pictures

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mumu governor

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Celebrates 20th Wedding Anniversary With Lovely Pics / Osun Election: Tribunal Grants PDP's Application To Inspect Election Materials / Magu's Lawyer To File For Bail: "My Client Has Not Been Suspended"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.