Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Losing To Liverpool In 2005 Champions League Final Saddest Moment - Kaka - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Losing To Liverpool In 2005 Champions League Final Saddest Moment - Kaka (470 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Female Referee Gives Kaka Yellow Card Before Selfie With Him (Photos) / Neymar Said World Cup Exit Is The Saddest Moment Of His Career - Read More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Losing To Liverpool In 2005 Champions League Final Saddest Moment - Kaka by PenPrince07: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Former AC Milan star Kaka has revealed his saddest day in football was in 2005 when AC Milan lost to Liverpool in the Champions League final.

He also said he would have been a Pastor if he had not taken up a career in football.

The Brazilian who won the World Cup in 2002, retired from football on Sunday at 35.

Advertise With Us
And speaking about his personal life, the former Real Madrid midfielder said his saddest football moment “Was the 2005 Champions League final against Liverpool.

“When you go 3-0 up you should win the game. It should never have gone to penalties. It really was not meant to be for us that night.”

The English team had come from 3-0 down to beat the Italians via penalty shootout.

In addition, he noted that he is a very religious person and would not have minded becoming a christian clergy if he were not a footballer.

“An evangelical pastor. I have always been very religious. That is why I wear my ‘I belong to Jesus’ shirt during games and why I point to the sky after scoring a goal,” Kaka told FourFourTwo magazine. “It is my way of showing everyone where my heart is.”

Kaka also wished he had won the Champions League with Real Madrid and the World Cup on home soil.

“Actually, it would have to be two! I wish I’d won the Champions League with Real Madrid and the World Cup at the Maracana,” he said.

“To win the World Cup at home is the dream of every Brazilian.”
https://www.concisenews.global/news/my-saddest-day-in-football-brazils-kaka/

Re: Losing To Liverpool In 2005 Champions League Final Saddest Moment - Kaka by timtrader(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
2005 pls

(1) (Reply)

Major Happenings That Shaped Nigeria Football In 2017 (Photos) / Funke Akindele Replaced With Genevieve Nnaji On The “avengers: Infinity War” / Best Saves In Jan 2018 ●finest Goalkeepers●

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.