Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) (404 Views)

Above The Shadows / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by sochey(f): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
EPISODE ONE
THE BEGINNING OF A NEW BEGINNING

I entered the cherubim underground at age seventeen when I was in search of fame, power and because i wanted to get back at the master of cosmos. How cruel was he to let me in this kind of situation.............
I had grown a broke girl who had lost both parents on the same day and had nobody to raise her up. I had wandered from one street to another in the town named hemisphere. Fed from pillar to post, something to nothing, few to little, little to absolute nothing. I had a good knowledge of what poverty and cruelty meant.
I was aged twelve when I lost both of my parents in a house burn. I was fortunate to had escaped the burn because they had sent me out to one of my teachers in school to complain about a poor remark the teacher made on my report sheet. My parents had called to lodge their complaints, then the teacher had told me to come over to his house to correct it alone. My parents hadn't thought about the idea much, so therefore, they sent me forth.
I had arrived at the teacher's house at 6th avenue opposite Hemisphere children play spot. I greeted him and he ushered me inside and we sat down. He asked if I needed anything and I shook my head in opposition. All I wanted was for the remark to be changed and I will be long gone. Few minutes later, he stood from his seat and headed to the kitchen, I heard him opening his refrigerator and it dawned on me that he wasn't ready to change it anytime soon. I stood up, went to the corner of the kitchen and saw him mixing something inside the drink. I knew that If I didn't act fast, I would be used for something I never dreamt of in my life so I decided to run, I ran as my legs could carry me and by the time I had reached my apartment, I heard noise from people who had gathered at the front of the house. I became confused and pushed my way through and low and behold, my house was on fire. I screamed, tried to enter into it but was held back by the people.
I turned around, gazing at the faces in the crowd, wondering and searching for my parents. I saw none of them, I was shattered when I got to realize that my parents where still inside the burning building. I cried endlessly after the fire was put off and news came that nothing was left behind in the burn.
At age twelve, I was on the street of hemisphere with no parents, no home, no love, no food, no clothes, no shelter. I was totally abandoned by the few I knew and was left to die in starvation. Life was greedy and it's people were greedier. I remembered sleeping under dumped cartons, made a carton house in the dry season and it lasted me till rainy season when rains came and destroyed it. I had learnt in a hard way how to mind my business and to listen to my heart. I started mixing up with the street children of hemisphere, some where cruel, naive, afraid, broken hearted, strong hearted and all sorts while others where just there, living and hoping that one day, things would change.

(1) (Reply)

Short Story - After Christmas / What Happens If Americans Start Mining African POOP For Gold?#shithole (fiction) / Addict Ep6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.