Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning (36116 Views)

Fan Thrown Off Stage For Interrupting Davido At Rick Ross' Lagos Concert (Video) / Rick Ross On Stage At Lagos Concert With Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tion Wayne / Wizkid & His Fans Take Off Their Shirts At Lagos Concert (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by WizPrince1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
[img]http://3.bp..com/-N0Lahlo5Hd8/WjhYc_ugDUI/AAAAAAAAD7U/LGgP0TTswTkK1dDtSso1uUGRAShMZnAAwCLcBGAs/s1600/olamide-olic-concert-primetweets.jpg[/img]
The entertainment biz in Nigeria is something organisers need to take seriously. This is one reason why there ought to have been a re-think in Olamide Live in Concert 2017. As a BIG devotee of Olamide, I didn't feel it that much since I know it's his first time using a stadium for concerts. Well, here's what Primetweets Pius Princewill thinks about the event.

The yearly concert which was held in Lagos at Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere on Sunday was an effective one yet it wasn't what we were expecting. The stadium is around 24 thousand capacity and we were guaranteed by the organisers of 25 thousand fans however we couldn't draw near to that sum for a major city like Lagos despite the fact that the event was thoroughly promoted.

The organisers of the event and Olamide himself haven't said anything yet in regards to why it happened that way but we think it was wrong timing and planning that prompted the low turnout of fans. We comprehend that the indigenous rapper, Olamide has such a large number of fans who might do anything just to watch him perform, however that doesn't imply that it is every time they'll be opportune to appear on occasions.

Organising a concert like this, you require three things to put into thought; the audience, the best date and time and the venue. Olamide Live in Concert 2017 organisers neglected to comprehend that such an occasion isn't fit to be done on a Sunday when individuals will be coming back from their places of worship of which they'd likely need a brief period to rest in the wake of bypassing Lagos traffic. This could even make them frail to choose not going anyplace and perhaps when they even choose to go, another idea of being too late would come.

I understand that artists like Phyno got Nnamdi Azikiwe's 22 thousand limit Stadium topped off in Enugu, but that is not Lagos. Things are different in Lagos. You should know the kind of fans you have in this city and read their minds. Indeed, even the way the city works, including traffic and insecurity issues.

What I think is that, since they needed a place to accommodate every one of his fans, they'd have likewise worked on the date and time as well as ticket fee as it is an open space. If the event was held on a Friday, Saturday or even on Sunday towards evening, it would have been better. Holding occasions at Noon on a Sunday in an open place isn't generally cool in a city like Lagos loaded with "I Too Big" individuals. Indeed, even the sun would frighten people off, not to talk of insecurity.

The Eko Hotel they typically use is a closed and well-secured place and it can't be compared with an open 24 thousand capacity stadium like TBS. The fans that will show up at Eko Hotel might not want to associate themselves with street touts coming to the stadium. I hope this is a lesson and next year will be better.

Take a look at some photos of the event and what we expected below.

OLIC4 PICTURES

[img]http://4.bp..com/-2APj_3HJCTI/WjhYoF6x9oI/AAAAAAAAD7c/nvB1LCnsrOQVy0NyZzLms2vjXeULRExNACLcBGAs/s1600/OLAMIDE-OLIC4-low-turnout.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-O7fMcIRxkTM/WjhYn9S_8AI/AAAAAAAAD7Y/tikdUa-LrEk2x8c_kIy2-nz-QkYGy5xRACLcBGAs/s1600/olamide-concert.jpg[/img]

WHAT WE EXPECTED

[img]http://2.bp..com/-SJ_Jwbn6hIg/WjhY21yJ46I/AAAAAAAAD7k/znaAoIqmMY8raT0hRGro6zHXfvjiPsJ3gCLcBGAs/s1600/phyno-fest-flavour.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-2YLmhy0_TkQ/WjhY3STGxyI/AAAAAAAAD7g/foCTDIDwZ4EHqRHXL5Bb6UzLLjhF6ENcwCLcBGAs/s1600/Phynofest.png[/img]

SOURCE: Primetweets
http://www.primetweets.com.ng/2017/12/olic4-improper-timing-planning-affected-olamide-live-in-concert-2017.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by natureboy2(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Threebear(m): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Excuses excuses, the show flopped, no two ways about it. He overestimated his star power and he was humbled.
Yoruba touts can sing your song line to line, that isn't a gauge for popularity.
He should stick to arena shows he was doing and avoid further embarrassment .

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by WizPrince1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Threebear:
Excuses excuses, the show flopped, no two ways about it. He overestimated his star power and he was humbled.
Yoruba touts can sing your song line to line, that isn't a gauge for popularity.
He should stick to arena shows he was doing and avoid further embarrassment .

Are you saying Olamide is not popular enough? It was just wrong planning. Dazzol!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by wilcox(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
W

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Kenndee(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
Mtcheeew.
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by DONADAMS(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
ok...that sunday timing was too bad...a Saturday would have been better..i didnt go there because of security issues tho...make dem no go move my phone.... there's no excuse for failure tho... he still made some cool bucks..that, I assure you

9 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Teewhy2: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Everyday no be Christmas. They should go back to the drawing board as usual and make a better plan against next year.

6 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by deebrain(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
We should also consider that the stress, depression and financial levels this year per human being, are more than previous years.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by nairavsdollars(f): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
The concert was a big time flop. I regretted wasting my time and money

2 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by femi4: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
WizPrince1:

Are you saying Olamide is not popular enough? It was just wrong planning. Dazzol!
His popularity cannot fill a stadium. Not everyone that knows you will come for your show

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by information1: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hmmmmmm..
Olamide why nah!

You get too much fans, why doing this?

Sha come Solve your problem here http://quickhealthbalance..co.id/2016/03/my-true-life-story-do-you-ejaculate.html
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Smellymouth: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hhmmmm
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Smily202(m): 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
shocked
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by IgboticGirl(f): 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
eeyaaaa
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by wearley21(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lol
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
I shame for the writer of this article

Imagine the weak excuse that his fans were coning back from church on Sunday and couldn't make it undecided

Then you question the security in TBS as to why the posh Eko hotel fans wouldn't want to attend.

Is Olamide not a street guy? Is he not a mainland boy? Why should the island fans determine the turnout at a concert organised by a mainland boy?

See ehn, unless you have ties to YBNL, save the excuses. Let us wait for the real people to talk

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by mazimee(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
The excuses are now becoming annoying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
show is a reflection of Nigerians.dem go complain tire but when change comes dey wud look the oda way. people have been complaining all the shows are in eko hotel/landmark bla bla bla. dem con bring am come central lagos same pple no turn up. shior.

7 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by gwmlogistic: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
My thought is that its the same 'street' that professed love for him thay caused this low turn out. I personally have gone to the last two editions of olic from surulere where I live(not minding the distance) but decided to stay in my house this time around for d love of my head and my phones. They joke about it been extremely rough was everywhere before the concert

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
If even it was well planned and timed, I'm certain the crowd will still be the same

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by samyyoung1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lol @ eyan mayweather

No wonder he no ginger am to use d live band setup

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by minijasper03(m): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
too bad

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
ednut1:
naso
im sure u didn't read it. You just typed naso to book space. . grin

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
femi4:
His popularity cannot fill a stadium. Not everyone that knows you will come for your show
he is simply not the cult hero he thought himself to be.

Phyno is more of a cult hero....that one has diehard fans, that's why he could fill up a stadium.

Olamide's fans are worried about the safety of their IPhones undecided

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
booqee:
im sure u didn't read it. You just typed naso to book space. . grin
ba kaiful grin
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by NwaAmaikpe: 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
shocked

I knew Olamide's juju had faded when his cash cows Lil Kesh and Adekunle Gold ditched him.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by uglyafonja: 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Where are sarki and co....

In the east....we love our people...

But in the waste....they hate their people and envy others

5 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by fadaonyenna(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Afonja dem

5 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by computer0810(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
over sabi and too much bragging

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Meets Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark (photos) / Mercy Aigbe's Daughter Michelle Graduates From Canadian University / Juliet Ibrahim And Her Siblings, Sonia, Nadia And Mally Ibrahim (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.