Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer (15512 Views)

How Did You Get To Work today as a result of the removal of subsidy? / My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / My Job Interview Experience Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by paddybrown(m): 12:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Just recently got an appointment with an insurance company as a marketer and after the training and everything we hit the road looking for a client to buy some of our policy and I meant a guy who I introduced myself and told him about our policy and he just collect my number that he will get back to me and ever since then I was expecting his call and lo and behold he called today and asked me to meet him in one of the hotel in festac, on reaching there he bought a lot of drinks and suya of which he offered me and I declined because what was ringing in my head was Lord let him just pick one of this policy so that I can at least laugh this December. on seeing my curiosity and after a long talk about the policy that suit him best to pick, he brought out a cheque of 6 million naira I was like I don hammer at last (base on d commission d company will give me oooo). he then told me straight ahead that he will only sign the cheque and give me tomorrow morning only if I keep him company till tomorrow morning, and I was like how? and he started narrating how he love me from the very first day and so on and I just be like. ...oga u d see well so? I be guy like you ooooo and he said he knows that and I suppose understand what he meant and he is even ready to introduce me to some one that will give me a better job only if I accept his proposal and I was like I don suffer for this my life so because I want u to buy policy that will favour u at the end the bring this type of talk? I tried to be professional so that my anger should not take d business out but after much talk without a definite way forward this young man slapped me and started shouting that look at this 419 and so on, so person even rush me and shouting 419 up nd down until I showed them the companies insurance proposal forms and narrate my own side of the story but as it is the rich always have their way..
I was really traumatised today but I still believe God that one day my hustle will surely pay.

pls if you are a marketer out there becareful when meeting your prospects because some of them are some thing else...

it really a bitter experience

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 20, 2017
I'm sorry Okay. All will be well.

But I'll advice you to improve on your writing and presentation skills.

Just be careful Inugo. I don't want to be in your shoes where a company will create an idea at 10 naira and give me a monthly target of 10million naira to sell the 10 naira idea

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nutase: 1:35am On Dec 20, 2017
It is well. I thank God for your courage. He could be a ritualist.
May God reward your hustle.

34 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 20, 2017
Rubbish Marketer.

Don't you know that everything a Marketer has should be utilized in attaining his goal.
They will soon sack you.

9 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by fablani(m): 2:03am On Dec 20, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Rubbish Marketer.

Don't you know that everything a Marketer has should be utilized in attaining his goal.
They will soon sack you.

do you have sense at all?
fool

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by RealityShot: 3:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Always know when to walk away from a deal.
Better embarassed than Yansh-bursted !

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 20, 2017
Chai. You should have walked out the moment he started spewing shyte.

If possible, resign that role or, if you have saved some money, job.

A lot of Nigerians don't realise that marketing job is for rich people or those who have gained the trust of the rich.

Did you know that aboki woman that was appointed CBN Dep Governor was a marketer for Diamond Bank?

With the type of connections she had and accounts she was maintaining, tell me why are take home pay will not be in tens of millions. Also, tell me why her promotion will not be rapid with the accounts she was maintaining.

20 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by obaataaokpaewu: 4:47am On Dec 20, 2017
Na girls dey suffer am pass embarassed . Sorry Bro

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by nenergy(m): 5:38am On Dec 20, 2017
You should have suspected after he chose an hotel for meeting venue. Invest in a camera pen, key holder or eye glasses. Record your business dealings for safety purposes. Imagine you have a video of him asking for homosexual sex... he'll go to jail for that slap!

Next they'll invite you to their house. Please be safe out there!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by ikorodureporta: 6:04am On Dec 20, 2017
paddybrown:
Just recently got an appointment with an insurance company as a marketer and after the training and everything we hit the road looking for a client to buy some of our policy and I meant a guy who I introduced myself and told him about our policy and he just collect my number that he will get back to me and ever since then I was expecting his call and lo and behold he called today and asked me to meet him in one of the hotel in festac, on reaching there he bought a lot of drinks and suya of which he offered me and I declined because what was ringing in my head was Lord let him just pick one of this policy so that I can at least laugh this December. on seeing my curiosity and after a long talk about the policy that suit him best to pick, he brought out a cheque of 6 million naira I was like I don hammer at last (base on d commission d company will give me oooo). he then told me straight ahead that he will only sign the cheque and give me tomorrow morning only if I keep him company till tomorrow morning, and I was like how? and he started narrating how he love me from the very first day and so on and I just be like. ...oga u d see well so? I be guy like you ooooo and he said he knows that and I suppose understand what he meant and he is even ready to introduce me to some one that will give me a better job only if I accept his proposal and I was like I don suffer for this my life so because I want u to buy policy that will favour u at the end the bring this type of talk? I tried to be professional so that my anger should not take d business out but after much talk without a definite way forward this young man slapped me and started shouting that look at this 419 and so on, so person even rush me and shouting 419 up nd down until I showed them the companies insurance proposal forms and narrate my own side of the story but as it is the rich always have their way..
I was really traumatised today but I still believe God that one day my hustle will surely pay.

pls if you are a marketer out there becareful when meeting your prospects because some of them are some thing else...

it really a bitter experience

cheesy cheesy yeye job
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Finstar: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmmmm... Nothing to say lipsrsealed
.... Modified!

FP? shocked Now I have something to say,

Bro... If keeping a man company will make him release his money, please go ahead.. IDK tho.

Visit www.entmirror.com for all business ideas.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by onward4life(m): 6:34am On Dec 20, 2017
FortifiedCity:
I'm sorry Okay. All will be well.

But I'll advice you to improve on your writing and presentation skills.

Just be careful Inugo. I don't want to be in your shoes where a company will create an idea at 10 naira and give me a monthly target of 10million naira.

Lecturer!

14 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by brightgreat(m): 7:32am On Dec 20, 2017
By now I know you already regretting why you didn't drink and eat the Suya sef

14 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by anibirelawal(m): 7:36am On Dec 20, 2017
I will never allow my wife to be a marketer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Marcofranz(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2017
When the idiot started talking shit you didn't walk out. Trying to be professional at your detriment. what makes you feel you can make him change his mind and you don't want to succumb what an irony. You should have walked away with your dignity intact now he slapped and humiliated you for no good reason and you left like that. When you should have yelled and slapped him you were trying to be professional.

9 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Emmylyon(m): 7:52am On Dec 20, 2017
Our liar president made us to believe that he's 75yrs old today when indeed, he's already a grand octogenarian.‎

Be the judge with this simple arithmetic...‎

Let's play...‎

@M Buhari Obtained his controversial, questionable and still missing WASC in 1953! 

2017-1953= 64yrs ago‎

‎Marking his 75th Birthday today...

75 - 64 = 11yrs‎

Invariably,‎

Our liar president obtained his WASC at the age of 11 in 1953? Wow! What a genius pupil he was in his days hey?! grin

I still wonder how many kids in those days finished from the high school at the age of 11 except for a genius like Buhari....‎

Further more‎, because 1957, the year that he joined the army is a constant that can NEVER changed, back or forward dated on any record  it means that our liar president joined the army at the age of 15.

2017 - 1957 = 60yrs ago‎

Subtracting the year that he joined the army from his age today...

75 - 60 = 15yrs‎

This means that Mohammadu Buhari was commissioned into the Nigerian Army as a full lieutenant with 2 pips (stars) ‎at the age of 15...

Another genius and brilliant feat there! grin grin

You can fool some people sometimes, but, you can not fool all the people all the time...‎

The question is, do we still need a docile octogenarian to continue to rule this country when a couple of civilised countries have sound, agile and brilliant presidents even in their 40s?‎

Change begins with you!‎‎ cool

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2017
Pele.. God will bless your hustle one day..
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by udemejack(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2017
thank God cus your nyash for hear am
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Xbee007(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
My brother, sorry for that horrible experience. embarassed embarassed embarassed It is part of life and I hope you learn a thing or two from that.
Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by kidman96(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
cool cool
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by VictorAJ(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
@Op

There are alot of ways to end a conversation or a Meeting without the customer getting upset.

Based on your approach , you were more focused on his Cheque rather than politely declining his advances.

One will not blame you for the outcome, Marketing of any product is not easy especially Insurance.

This experience should be an eye opener to you with regards the type of customers out there.

Good Luck

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by emeijeh(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
FBNInsurance

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Now imagine what women go through

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Rubbish Marketer.

They will soon sack you.
we know you're seeking for attention, so this approach is dead on arrival. Try another style

11 Likes

Sorry cry

Thank God you were not lynched.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Alariiwo: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2017
Work nowadays in Nigeria requires extra care and vigilance..

It's the ladies I even pity, to get a decent job, 99% of them must get laid by one oga before or after getting the job. Only 1% is by grace.

Marketing for females now is like corporate ashewo..They work with their bodies and keep clients company all the time just for peanuts.

Only God can help the youths of today.

10 Likes

Yuck. If there is any kinda Job I detest, its anything that has to do with buying and selling. In short, any money matter at all.
It just doesn't sit well with my Mel-Phleg personality
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by kidman96(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
angry angry angry
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Prestige16(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
fablani:

do you have sense at all?
fool
Sense is definitely far away from him

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Selfemployment is the best employment, ask Seun Oshewa.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by EmmaEma: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2017
angry
Re: My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer by Gkemz: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2017
He for use you do ritual. You get luck say you didn't succumb to his pressure. 99% of homosexuals are involved in evil practices. If they are desperate, they could adopt occult means to get their victims if other means failed. Pastors, Gboys, politicians are major culprits.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Answer These Job Interview Questions / Npower October Stipend Will Commence Very Soon / Apply For Coca-cola Company Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.