Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks (1734 Views)

What Age Is Suitable For A Child To Start School? / Lady Does Photoshoot With Her PhD Thesis / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by BolajiBanwo: 12:21am On Dec 20, 2017
@Ultrajamzng

A Nigerian Lady Aduke George took to Facebook to recount past setbacks that led her to being admitted into that University at the age of 26. The lady who is set to bag her PhD also went ahead to list her portfolio after she summounted her challenges.

Her story;

She Finished secondary school 16, Failed WAEC & GCE 3 times, Went back to ss2 at 20. Entered university at 26. Now she has an OND, Bachelor of arts(BA) with a 1st class, Two Masters degree, two professional certificates. & Getting ready for a PhD. Age is just a number and It doesn't matter your point of zero…If you keep pushing, you will excel..”she advised!

http://www.ultrajamz.website/age-is-just-a-number-lady-set-to-bag-her-phd-recounts-setbacks/

1 Share

Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by havilahconsults: 1:09am On Dec 20, 2017
I like that "keep pushing, you will excel". Keep pushing and the sky will be your stepping stone.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by izospindle(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
ok
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by yrex01(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
Wehdone ma !!!
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Oye0404(m): 9:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Congrats lady, its never too late already to achieve what u truly desire.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Her story is quite similar to mine. Falling doesn't define anyone but refusal to rise after a fall is what defines you. I got my admission this year, and I did in two universities(UNIBEN and RSU) 'cause I was resilient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by BluntBoy(m): 9:20am On Dec 20, 2017
kimbraa:
Her story is quite similar to mine. Falling doesn't define anyone but refusal to rise after a fall is what defines you. I got my admission this year, and I did in two universities(UNIBEN and RSU) 'cause I was resilient.

I am sorry about yesterday.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

I am sorry about yesterday.
You don't owe me an apology. We only had views that didn't align, and my brain is coordinated to know that opinion varies. grin

Good morning.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by BluntBoy(m): 9:26am On Dec 20, 2017
kimbraa:
You don't owe me an apology. We only had views that didn't align, and my brain is coordinated to know that opinion varies. grin

Good morning.

When you didn't answer my question in that last night's thread, I thought you were angry cheesy

Goodmornin, dear. I hope you are fine?
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

When you didn't answer my question in that last night's thread, I thought you were angry cheesy

Goodmornin, dear. I hope you are fine?
I do that when I perceive a question to be inconsequential. You asked of my definition of "Uneducated" then I wondered if there're more definitions than the one I'd a general knowledge of, and subsequently decided not to answer. It wasn't because I was keeping scores.

I'm good, you?.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by BluntBoy(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2017
kimbraa:
I do that when I perceive a question to be inconsequential. You asked of my definition of "Uneducated" then I wondered if there're more definitions than the one I'd a general knowledge of, and subsequently decided not to answer. It wasn't because I was keeping scores.

I'm good, you?.

Not bad. Do enjoy the day.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

Not bad. Do enjoy the day.
You too.
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by MVLOX(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Nice one.... I love and admire ladies like dis... Reminds me of my late mum
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 20, 2017
kimbraa:

Same here
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by slyrone(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2017
wow. I like this story
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by NettyNelly(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
i love her fighting spirit, she knew what she wanted and went for it, congrats 2 her
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by yemitexcel(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
I love this.... and this change my mentality
Re: Age Is Just A Number, Lady Set To Bag Her Phd Recount Setbacks by Macnnoli4(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
"Starting from the bottom now she is there". Special Congrats for this one.

(1) (Reply)

20+ ‘same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different / Platinum Minds Global Company(PMGC)=>Platinum Reasoning Contest is here again! / With 194 In JAMB, Can I Gain Admission To Study Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.