Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion (2472 Views)

2023, SE And Miscalculations, And The Way Forward / Segun Oni: PDP Will Disgrace APC Out Of Power / 2019 Elections: PDP Will Win - The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 12:24am On Dec 20, 2017
Disclaimer: This is personal opinion from an unrepentant APC supporter AKA Zombie!

I came to this conclusion based on stastics and not ethno or religious sentiments.

It is a well known fact that PDP is a SS/SE stronghold.
There are 3 PDP South East governors and just 1 South West PDP governor which is not even certian because there is an election coming for in 2018.

The PDP chairmanship position was initially zoned to the South, then further microzoned to the South West. But the the surprise of many, there was a change of tone amd strategy by some governors who have the money and have their own selfish ambitions and a "unity list" was pushed forward with a particular governor eying the VP slot. This in my opinion is a costly miscalculation.

My question is what will be used to percify the southeast with 3 governors as PDP members , if the VP slot is given to the southwest with just 1 governor? The southeast have never been in the centre of the Presidency since 1999 and 2019 elections is the closest shot they can get. I will have expected that the Chairmanship position be ceeded to the southwest and the VP slot be ceded to the Southeast. The Southsouth is naturally a strong hold of PDP, and just had a taste of the Presidency for 5 years plus. The southeast gave over 2 million votes to PDP in 2015 elections, against the 2 hundred thousand given to APC, hence they should not be toyed with. Seems to me that the southeast is about to be used and dumped again by PDP

It is unfortunate that the same people who brought Sherif on PDP are the same people who were allowed to manipulate the PDP convention because of their personal interest.

Should the VP slot be ceded to the Southwest, there will be disaffection n the Southeast which will definitely lead to defections or low vote turn out, also should the Southwest loose both the chairmanship and vice president slot, PDP is practically dead in the Southwest. As a matter of fact, we have started seeing defections in the southwest after the convention, with contestants already heading to court.

PDP can not win Elections with devided North and Southeast/Southsouth only.

Thanks to the ammateur politics by those with vested interests! APC all the way!!!!

Buhari till 2023!

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 12:29am On Dec 20, 2017
Wike and Fayose remains a curse to PDP...
This arrangements made by the duo is a foolish and wreckless one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by ItsTutsi(m): 12:35am On Dec 20, 2017
hahaha first they said it was buhari causing disaffection,then it was modu Sherrif as apc mole,now it's fayose and wike are part of apc...hahahaha when God start causing confusion in ur enemies camp,na like this it starts

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 12:39am On Dec 20, 2017
ItsTutsi:
hahaha first they said it was buhari causing disaffection,then it was modu Sherrif as apc mole,now it's fayose and wike are part of apc...hahahaha when God start causing confusion in ur enemies camp,na like this it starts

Lol...

Didnt understand u at first!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by ItsTutsi(m): 12:53am On Dec 20, 2017
guy bleep the Bleep out..u don't dictate what I do,okay!
progress69:

U better be wise....and talk intelligently. Restrict ur comments to the last page and let inteligent wailers even though there is non, talk first
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by yanshDoctor: 2:16am On Dec 20, 2017
the seat of the vice office is more like a bench or ceremonial office even though it was an elected office. outside of the fact that it makes them to be more popular and put them up as next in line to take over, they simply cannot perform much other than acquire more wealth. like look at osinbanjo for example. and its so easy for them to become unpopular because for siding with a failed president which in turn will affect their chance to win election.
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 3:28am On Dec 20, 2017
yanshDoctor:
the seat of the vice office is more like a bench or ceremonial office even though it was an elected office. outside of the fact that it makes them to be more popular and put them up as next in line to take over, they simply cannot perform much other than acquire more wealth. like look at osinbanjo for example. and its so easy for them to become unpopular because for siding with a failed president which in turn will affect their chance to win election.

What is ur point?
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by sarrki(m): 3:47am On Dec 20, 2017
progress69:

What is ur point?

Why asking ?

You can see frustration all over the write up And you are still asking

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by sarrki(m): 3:48am On Dec 20, 2017
ItsTutsi:

You sound like a patriot

Keep it up

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by Bede2u(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2017
Coming from another paid APC miscreant? I will take my chances with PDP grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by SeniorNwamaikpe: 6:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Time will not permit me to reply the ops but I pray he continue with his parlour political analysis.

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by obyrich(m): 6:54am On Dec 20, 2017
What is the stake of the same South East/ South South in the APC? The greatest undoing of the APC will be their paranoid preoccupation with PDP issues to the detriment of their party. Opposition must stand. APC should conduct their own convention let's see how nationalistic and accommodating they are.

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by PapaBrowne(m): 7:35am On Dec 20, 2017
This article is mischievous.

The Southwest doesn't bring much value to the PDP so the thinking that it would be given the VP slot is dead on arrival.

Even the chairmanship position couldn't be ceded to the South West because of trust issues.

Reality is PDP has a clear cut strategy: A northern candidate with an Igbo vice. Simple and straightforward.

4 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by Sirjamo: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Buhari already has the north on lock and key, south west will also go with him cos we are eyeing the villa in 2023, so tell me how PDP can win with SE and SS votes.

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by yanshDoctor: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2017
progress69:

What is ur point?
like the igbos can do away without the vice.
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by yanshDoctor: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2017
PDP might even lost out in ekiti 2018. because the federal will do everything possible to get hold of ekiti. and when that happens it will reduce PDP influence in south west.

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
Coming from another paid APC miscreant? I will take my chances with PDP grin cheesy

Take Your Chances From Dubai? grin

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by Bede2u(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Take Your Chances From Dubai? grin
Am highly involved in Nigerian politics. Have a strong following on fb and i always come back to vote.

Just like i came back in 2015 to vote for dullarpo
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
Am highly involved in Nigerian politics. Have a strong following on fb and i always come back to vote.

Just like i came back in 2015 to vote for dullarpo

Linus! Continue...abi you no be ipob yoot again?
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by Bede2u(m): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Linus! Continue...abi you no be ipob yoot again?

check my 2015 posts
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2017
PapaBrowne:
This article is mischievous.

The Southwest doesn't bring much value to the PDP so the thinking that it would be given the VP slot is dead on arrival.

Even the chairmanship position couldn't be ceded to the South West because of trust issues.

Reality is PDP has a clear cut strategy: A northern candidate with an Igbo vice. Simple and straightforward.

Sentiments. Same SW that yeilded value for OBJ 2 terms, Yaradua half term, Jonathan's single term but just because they turned their back against PDP fof Jonathan's second term because of poor handling of the SW by Jonathan's regime they no value again. So it is only SS/SE vote and some Northern states that will make PDP win....lol. nice one.
Lalasticala mynd44 we need more views

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by Bizibi(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2017
Sirjamo:
Buhari already has the north on lock and key, south west will also go with him cos we are eyeing the villa in 2023, so tell me how PDP can win with SE and SS votes.
grin grin grin
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by nairagreatman: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Truth is bitter. You may reject it , it doesn't matter. If you bury it one day it will germinate. With this last convention PDP has shown that it has learnt no lesson neither from their defeat in 2015 nor from the Sheriff saga. My conclusion is that PDP is not yet ready for power at the center, so 2019 presidency is only malaria dream for them. It was not just Bode George , Jimmy Agbaje , Prof , etc that were wounded by Wike and Fayasho's rascality , but the entire Yoruba race.

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by madridguy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bye bye to PDP. They only need Athiefchukwu $$ to settle some outstanding debt.

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by prince088: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
madridguy:
Bye bye to PDP. They only need Athiefchukwu $$ to settle some outstanding debt.

lol.

honestly we need a viable opposition. PDP really misfired with what i just read, i guess the OP is talking about Wike and Fayose. lets see how this goes.
lalasticlala this deserves FP
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by spy24(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
all this permutations are undue stress the truth is that if Buhari wins in 2019 with all the negative impact his government had on all sector of the economy then it is right to say that democracy is not the right way to go maybe we could invent our own system of government

pmb has failed the only reason why it's still in doubt is because he is a northerner simple

his people will never see anything wrong in his government

this is the reason why Nigeria may never move forward

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
spy24:
all this permutations are undue stress the truth is that if Buhari wins in 2019 with all the negative impact his government had on all sector of the economy then it is right to say that democracy is not the right way to go maybe we could invent our own system of government

pmb has failed the only reason why it's still in doubt is because he is a northerner simple

his people will never see anything wrong in his government

this is the reason why Nigeria may never move forward

The economy was already in disaster b4 PMB came in. Twist and whine all u want....that is of a fact. As a matter fact I am thankng God almighty Buhari too over when he did....only God can tell what would have happened. I can give u more than 5 proofs that we were.in deep poo b4 Buhari took over and saved us to a fault.

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by spy24(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
progress69:

The economy was already in disaster b4 PMB came in. Twist and whine all u want....that is of a fact. As a matter fact I am thankng God almighty Buhari too over when he did....only God can tell what would have happened. I can give u more than 5 proofs that we were.in deep poo b4 Buhari took over and saved us to a fault.

what did Buhari save us from?
is it from corruption?
is it from the recession ?
is it from insecurity?
what have changed since Buhari took over? nothing

what exactly has he done to make him equal or better to Jonathan? I say nothing

u see if u people call Jonathan a failure then Buhari is also because he is only lesser or equal to Jonathan but not better

although I still believe that Jonathan is a far more better president than buhari any time any day
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
spy24:

what did Buhari save us from?
is it from corruption?
is it from the recession ?
is it from insecurity?
what have changed since Buhari took over? nothing

what exactly has he done to make him equal or better to Jonathan? I say nothing

u see if u people call Jonathan a failure then Buhari is also because he is only lesser or equal to Jonathan but not better

although I still believe that Jonathan is a far more better president than buhari any time any day

Dispute any of this then I will start taking u serious.

1. Several governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors
2. FG borrowed to pay Feb/Mar 2015 salaries.
3. Oil marketters were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected distruptions (never in Nigeria have this happenned)
4. Road contractors were being owed billions of $ hence they vacated all roads.
5. Even your all mighty Iweala was singing like a kanery bird how the country was in trouble with the oil price crashing (oil was still above $70/barrel)

U need more evidence.....?

This government have tried in bailing out state governments and have been paying federal workers. Oil price went to all time low of $28/barrel. (Below production price)
Terrorists were blowing up pipelines [u guys were glad]

Cry all u want, sane minds knows that, this government may not have met expectations, but we are greatful the past government never continued rulling. One will wonder what all the oil money garnered for 5 years plus was used for.

2 Likes

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by duality(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
progress69:
Disclaimer: This is personal opinion from an unrepentant APC supporter AKA Zombie!

I came to this conclusion based on stastics and not ethno or religious sentiments.

It is a well known fact that PDP is a SS/SE stronghold.
There are 3 PDP South East governors and just 1 South West PDP governor which is not even certian because there is an election coming for in 2018.

The PDP chairmanship position was initially zoned to the South, then further microzoned to the South West. But the the surprise of many, there was a change of tone amd strategy by some governors who have the money and have their own selfish ambitions and a "unity list" was pushed forward with a particular governor eying the VP slot. This in my opinion is a costly miscalculation.

My question is what will be used to percify the southeast with 3 governors as PDP members , if the VP slot is given to the southwest with just 1 governor? The southeast have never been in the centre of the Presidency since 1999 and 2019 elections is the closest shot they can get. I will have expected that the Chairmanship position be ceeded to the southwest and the VP slot be ceded to the Southeast. The Southsouth is naturally a strong hold of PDP, and just had a taste of the Presidency for 5 years plus. The southeast gave over 2 million votes to PDP in 2015 elections, against the 2 hundred thousand given to APC, hence they should not be toyed with. Seems to me that the southeast is about to be used and dumped again by PDP

It is unfortunate that the same people who brought Sherif on PDP are the same people who were allowed to manipulate the PDP convention because of their personal interest.

Should the VP slot be ceded to the Southwest, there will be disaffection n the Southeast which will definitely lead to defections or low vote turn out, also should the Southwest loose both the chairmanship and vice president slot, PDP is practically dead in the Southwest. As a matter of fact, we have started seeing defections in the southwest after the convention, with contestants already heading to court.

PDP can not win Elections with devided North and Southeast/Southsouth only.

Thanks to the ammateur politics by those with vested interests! APC all the way!!!!

Buhari till 2023!

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Then you should be intelligent enough to know what will cost APC the 2019 presidency.
Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by progress69: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
duality:

Then you should be intelligent enough to know what will cost APC the 2019 presidency.

Create ur thread about that...thank u

1 Like

Re: Miscalculations Of PDP will cost them 2019 elections - Opinion by duality(m): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
progress69:

Create ur thread about that...thank u
I don't create stupid threads like this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Son Accident Is A Lie! / How Dino Melaye Outshined Abdullahi Adamu Within Three Years In Senate – Saraki / 2023 Loading: Okorocha And El Rufai In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.