Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

I am seriously upset with ..... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I am seriously upset with ..... (387 Views)

Top 10 Nasty Things That Upset Akwa Ibom Youths Easily| No.9 Affects Gov. Udom / Couple Arrested For Brutalising A 5-yr-old Girl Over Upset Stomach / I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I am seriously upset with ..... by rutlesblaze(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
I am seriously upset with this mobile networks. Please, Nairalanders did any of you get a message for GSM network provides that each time you dial your bank USSD code that you get charged? From the information I have gathered so far, this trend started about a week ago. It is painful that this network provides feel they can do anyhow forgetting that customers have rights in Nigeria.
The Consumer Protection Council on their website stated clearly the rights of a consumer of either goods or services ( http://www.cpc.gov.ng/index.php/consumers )
As a consumer, you have the following rights and you must insist on them:
• The right to Satisfaction of Basic Needs Access to basic goods and services necessary for survival, such as food, water, energy, clothing, shelter, health-care, education and sanitation. Goods and services must meet the standard of quality promised such that there is value for money in the purchase.
• The Right to Safety Protection from hazardous products, production processes and services.
The Right to Information Provision of information enabling informed consumer choice as well as protection from misleading or inaccurate advertising and labeling.
• The Right to Choose Access to variety of quality products and services at competitive prices.
• The Right to Redress Compensation for misrepresentation, shoddy goods and unsatisfactory public and private services, including the right to adequate legal representation
• The Right to Consumer Education Acquisition of the skills required to be an informed consumer throughout life
• The Right to Consumer Representation Advocacy of consumers’ interest and the ability to take part in the formulation of economic and other policies affecting consumers i.e. the right to be heard
• The Right to a Healthy Environment Habitation is a place that is safe for present and future generations and which will enhance the quality of their lives
The highlighted portion of the consumer right above has clearly been violated by GSM Network providers.
Firstly, my GSM network provider did not provide ME (as their consumer) with the information that they have stated charging ME each time I dial my Bank USSD code therefore preventing me consumers from making an informed decision. I would have opted to us the Internet Banking option or Mobile App Banking.
Secondly, they did not inform my bank (as their client) that they want to begin charging ME for using my Bank’s USSD code services.
Thirdly, they internal decided somewhere at the management level to pilfer from ME their consumer.

(1) (Reply)

Many Injured, One Dead As Bwari Rails On Fire.(photos) / Edo Police Command Arrest Driver For Alleged Killing Of Boss In Edo / This Is The Reason Why Fulani Herdsmen Set Farms Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.