Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

PHP problems! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / PHP problems! (1587 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHP problems! by nich(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2007
Hello good fellas! smiley  I happen to be interested in PHP and so went on to download PHP, Mysql and apache, but then i'm having problems with installation. I actually thought of installing the PHP and mysql using IIS as my web server, but my XP cd seems an apology thanks to otigba boys.  grin  wink My problem with IIS made me download apache. So therefore, here i am with problems on installing apache, PHP and mysql. I would be most grateful if some of da gurus in the house could be of assistance. I would at this point also want to confess that i don't know anything about programming (yet) except a little introduction done on qbasic thanks to university curriculum. Please come to my rescue.  cry
Re: PHP problems! by Seun(m): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2007
Re: PHP problems! by skima(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2007
Download Reactor server here www.reactorserver.com/downloads.html
Re: PHP problems! by creativewr(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2007
Hello guys,

Please I need help installing a PHP script I bought, it is for an ebook store and I dont know this or that and I sincerely will be joyful if someone out there will be willing to help me install my new ebook store.

Thanks
Peter
Re: PHP problems! by naijaguru(m): 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2007
I can help u install the script for free. IM naijaguru or email naijaguru [at] gmail [dot] com
Re: PHP problems! by cdeveloper(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2007
Hello Fellas i happen to be the newest member in the room and i hope to have fun with the respected members of this room i am of them that do a lot of if() then anyway. i would look forward to learning from the room as well as contributing to the room. i am an advocate of open source tech thanks alot nice day all

cdeveloper
Re: PHP problems! by cdeveloper(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2007
I am a PHP developer and i would like to meet with my kind to solve our problems together some of us are at the foot of the mountain while others are at the middle; still others are at the top. we can help each other by solving our common problems however insignificant it may seem
wink
Re: PHP problems! by astronp7(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2007
If you are interested in PHP, I have an ebook on it "Teach Yourself PHP, My SQL and Apache In 24hrs". If you are interested to get a copy, send email ezeali@gmail.com its free. Good Luck.

Re: PHP problems! by creativewr(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2007
H
astronp7:

If you are interested in PHP, I have an ebook on it "Teach Yourself PHP, My SQL and Apache In 24hrs". If you are interested to get a copy, send email ezeali@gmail.com its free. Good Luck.

Sir are you trying to sell me an ebook, I have one million of ebooks covering PHP, MY SQL, APACHE, PHYTON and so many others, I'm not a technical kind of person, but I just want someone to do it for me, i dont intend to learn it, if you can install my script for me, fine bro, If not , let it lie.

Thanks.
http://kreativewriter..com
Re: PHP problems! by jidody(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2007
creativewr:

H
Sir are you trying to sell me an ebook, I have one million of ebooks covering PHP, MY SQL, APACHE, PHYTON and so many others, I'm not a technical kind of person, but I just want someone to do it for me, i don't intend to learn it, if you can install my script for me, fine bro, If not , let it lie.

Thanks.
http://kreativewriter..com

The man told you its free so if you're not interested then don't be disrespectful.
Re: PHP problems! by canachy(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2007
nich:

Hello good fellas! smiley  I happen to be interested in PHP and so went on to download PHP, Mysql and apache, but then i'm having problems with installation. I actually thought of installing the PHP and mysql using IIS as my web server, but my XP cd seems an apology thanks to otigba boys.  grin  wink My problem with IIS made me download apache. So therefore, here i am with problems on installing apache, PHP and mysql. I would be most grateful if some of da gurus in the house could be of assistance. I would at this point also want to confess that i don't know anything about programming (yet) except a little introduction done on qbasic thanks to university curriculum. Please come to my rescue.  cry

Go for "Zendcore for oracle" (a combined effort of  oracle and Zend). This will bring your problem to an end.

take the following steps:

1.  Download Apache
2.  Download Zendcore
3.  Install Apache
4.  Install Zendcore

And you are good to go.

Write your PHP page, save with ".php" extension and save to the root directory ("hdoc"wink

below  is the path to the root directory.

My Computer > C: drive > program files > apache > apache2 > hdoc

Finally, call the php file from your browser by typing http://localhost/filename.php

Remember, with Zendcore, you don't need to install PHP.

I hope this helps, ENJOY
Re: PHP problems! by akinwunmi(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2007
Guy!!
I have a lil problem
I want create a mailer wiv two languages HTML and PHP.I have done the HTML but have problem wiv the SEND.I can't do the PHP cos each time i try to call the simple program it gives me errors,so av not been able to create the mailer in php.

I have uploaded the HTML to a webhost(Freehostia) still it won't send.

How to make php work and if possbile get the codes for a mailer(have written one though)
Re: PHP problems! by uspry1(f): 3:20pm On May 16, 2007
@ akinwunmi

Almost all of free web hosting DO NOT SUPPORT PHP/MySQL database. Only the ones are paid web hosting to support PHP/MySQL. You need to look for PHP-support paid web hosting on Linux/Apache server to upload your PHP-based email script.

Check out existing Nairaland posting below:
PHP form not on host: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-44505.0.html

PHP Form to email script: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-39152.0.html
Re: PHP problems! by talktalk1: 2:20am On Jun 19, 2007
hello fellas,
i enjoyed every bit of explanation out here till i got a problem and that is, i have a dynamic page which i want informaton to display from the database onto the page and it works but i want to information to serve as a links so when i click on it, it will take me to the news page where i can read the full news. i've tried but noting seems to work.
Is there anyone who want to help:: ma email id is
samhommies@inmail24.com

cheers guy, i sign out
Re: PHP problems! by ade2kay(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
Face d code.
Learn more.
It's easy to do that
How much of HTML do u know ?
If u know HTML well, u shld be able 2 do dat with a flick of ur fingers.
Think !, don't go looking 4 solutions all the time, u'll keep running back to it all ur life.
Sorry 4 being hard, but it's d truth.
Later
Re: PHP problems! by segebee(m): 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2007
no mind am talk talk
what are we here for wink

what you need to know is that php and html can go together beta still u can include html in php

Example:
u want to go to the full news of a link

first store the heading in the database and d news also

on PHP5
<php
conx string

$sql = //retrieval sql statement

while (condition) {
$identifier=, ;(if u know html this is what u use in linkin to parts of pages, ud have stored it sha)
$header=, ;
$body=, ;
}

//then
print "<a href=news.html#$identifier>$header</a>";
?>

// guess we didnt need the body smiley

Re: PHP problems! by krs1(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2007
@nich

Here is an all-in-one package to solve your Apache/PHP/mysql problems:
go to http://wampserver.com/en/
download the .exe file for windows, install it and everything falls in place.

you do not need to bother with installing any of the 3 seperate components above.

Hope it helps.  smiley
Re: PHP problems! by MassOptin(m): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2009
Hello,

We have the pleasure to introduce ourselves as MassOptins.com, and we pride in being the one-stop shop for your email marketing solution. We have Email Lists, Optin Leads and Mailers (cPanel, Webmail, PHP Mailer & Software based versions. All our Mailer products are INBOX DELIVERY GUARANTEED.

In case of Email Lists, you can choose to buy country-wise or category-wise (like home-owners, job-seekers, internet shoppers, students etc. So whatever your budget, or requirement, we will customize a list and/or mailer to suit
your purpose. If you have a YAHOO CHAT ID: you can come and chat to us. Our Yahoo Email address is massoptins@yahoo.com (Yahoo chat id: MassOptins).

Here are the lists you can buy from us:
http://www.massoptins.com/index2.html
http://www.massoptins.com/morelists.html

To learn about how to make money on the internet - please go to our affiliate website www.topinternetdollars.com/articles/

Mike, MassOptins.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Data Stored And Not Information. / How Can Someone Make Money From A Desktop App? / Explain This Code And Get Commended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.