Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,358 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) (612 Views)

The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
This is a true life story, just the names of the characters have been changed. i would like to know the readers opinion about the story. thank you, the thread is open to comments and corrections.

Andrea stopped all of a sudden, turned left and looked into his eye

''tell me Akin, do you still love me".
he smiled and continued walking, she turned and kept walking side by side with him
''Andrea, i am sorry, i will say it again, we cant go back to the way we used to, you would never stop cheating, you are not capable of loving anyone,its in your blood, i mean in your genes, i have never met anyone who can cheat so perfectly like you''
he stopped abruptly and looked into her tear filled eyes, like he saw nothing, not the redness, not the tears she was struggling to hold back, not the regret, the fear of losing him completely, not the sorrow, he stared into her eyes and saw nothing but a cold and heartless heart and then he continued

''i mean, we were together most weekends, we chat all the time Andrea, i call you almost every night and yet you were cheating and i never for once suspected,i have gone through your phone a million times before that day, sometimes i hold on to your phone the whole day, and i never saw a thing until that day, you are a professional cheat Andrea''
he turned and continued walking and she followed him closely, her heart sank, he was right, it was in her genes, her best friend had told her five days before he found out about Luke, the other guy

''Andrea, why cheat on someone you don't want to lose with someone you don't want to keep, Akin loves you and you know that'' of course she knew that, but Luke had asked her out, a week before he was told his father wasn't his father,i mean, she had wanted to tell him she had a boyfriend, she had wanted to tell him, she wasn't interested, that she was hooked with someone emotionally, she just wanted to enjoy the extra attention for two more days, the extra goodies, she wanted to flirt for two more days with him, she kept telling him she was thinking about it until...

...until he appeared at her doorstep that other day, looking all red like someone who was in hell, a kind 'of hell that was unseen, his eyes swollen like he had bathed them in dry pepper, he rushed in like he was going to faint if he stayed out any longer, as she closed the door behind her, he came forward, hugged her so tightly and burst into tears
''she had to gently move him to her mattress to seat, she sat down beside him as she held on to her hand and wouldn't let her go
''everyone has been lieing to me all my life, Andrea'' he had started ''pretending to love me, i have always wondered why i was treated differently, i have always been treated like the maid, everyone gets clothes at the end of the year, i get to wear the ones from charity, my siblings attended private schools, i had to go to the public one, everyone gets a plate full of rice, i had to eat the burnt one, i thought i was treated as such because i was the first child, i felt it was my duty to be the only one to get punished when i and my other siblings did anything wrong'' he had said in between sobs

''even my mother, my own biological mother treats me like i am a plague, i was always the scape goat, like it was my fault she got pregnant with me from a one night stand that she claimed she had to do to raise money for her dying mother'' he continued '' i was told the whole story today Andrea, by my angry mother who was drunk and angry at life, that my father, the man who has mistreated me for many years, even till date, the man who i had called Daddy,is not my father''
Andrea didn't know when she started shedding tears with him, he was such a nice person, he didn't deserve to be in that situation, he was such a sweet person, very intelligent and generous

''No one loves me, i don't even know my father, she hasn't seen him or heard of him ever since then, he doesn't even know of my existence, i have nobody, no family, no one loves me'' he had added ans she had interrupted without thinking
''i love you, i mean don't think anyone doesn't love you, i am here for you'' she had said abruptly
''please hold me, don't ever leave me, i love you so much, you are all i have, you are the only one i have'' he had said hugging her tightly and crying in between the words and just like that, they began dating, she began double dating.
''Andrea, you were sleeping with him, how do you expect me to forget that, the woman i was crazy about, planning my future with, and keeping myself for, was sleeping with another guy while, Andrea while we were still together''
''Akin i am sorry, i promise it wont happen again'' she said trying very had to burst into tears
''Andrea, its not the first or second or even the third time you would cheat on me, yet i keep forgiving you and trusting you, i was still faithful to you'' he said laughing like he was mocking himself

Truly Andrea had always been a play girl, she had cheated on him severally when school had kept them a thousand miles apart, but when he found out about Lekan, she had promised and made up her mind that, she was done with being a slut and she wanted a serious relationship with him, and she had kept that promise for a year and a half before Luke came into the picture ans she was sorry
''Akin please give me a last chance to make this right, let me prove to you that i am over with that lifestyle, let me make it up to you'' she begged
she meant it, she was ready to show him and everyone who doubted that she could stick to one guy and not cheat that she was a changed person, she loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, bear his children and wake up every morning to his face beside her, she was sorry and ready to make ammend, even though she was still trying to find a better way to break up with Luke and not make him feel unloved, someone as emotional as him could be suicidal, so she had to do it right to avoid stories that touch, but she would, she had made up her mind mo more cheating.
If Akin would forgive her, give her one last chance to make it right, she would give him her all, her life, she would be faithful to him and him alone

''you haven't answered my question, Akin'' she said after some minutes of silence
he stopped and looked into her eyes ''i have forgiven you Andrea, its over a month already but i have stopped loving you'' he added and continued walking
Finally the tears got free, and strolled freely down her cheeks, she knew he was lieing, it couldn't be that easy to stop loving someone you had loved for 8 years, no it couldn't.
she turned back and started her walk back, it was over, and for good this time but she had promised herself and sworn that no more cheating.....and even if their father was lost in battle or their whole family got burnt down in a plane crash, she wouldn't date anyone out of pity again, she had lost 8 solid years of good times, emotional investments, plans, physical investments, financial investments and a lot more to her 'álways pitying people' attitude.

Enough is enough, she kept walking without looking back at Akin, its over like he said, it was his loss.
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by GraGra247(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
Useless lieing stories everywhere on this forum.
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Lovely story dear
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
GraGra247:
Useless lieing stories everywhere on this forum.
Honey it takes more effort to hate something than to like it, I got the inspiration to write the story based on an experience I had, it would do me no harm to pretend its fiction, in fact people prefer to read fictions than real life events. if you don't have any positive thing to say, then keep quiet. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
OlufemiWhit:
Lovely story dear
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by GraGra247(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
Becalina:
Honey it takes more effort to hate something than to like it, I got the inspiration to write the story based on an experience I had, it would do me no harm to pretend its fiction, in fact people prefer to read fictions than real life events. if you don't have any positive thing to say, then keep quiet. Thank you

There's hardly any way an untrue story can be twisted without me detecting the lies in it.

But if pretending its true will make you feel happy then I'll pretend its true. No grudge.
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
sweetheart its my story, I have written quite a few stories, check my topics and this is the only one I wrote, true life story on. its okay if you don't believe though
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by aprilwise(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nice story. Yea it was his loss. should he continuous with a cheating girl in a relationship because he don't want to be at the loss side?
Re: Who's Loss? - A True Life Story. (A Short Story) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
aprilwise:
Nice story. Yea it was his loss. should he continuous with a cheating girl in a relationship because he don't want to be at the loss side?
I believe in forgiveness, he could have just given another chance, i mean she was very sorry and he realized that.

(1) (Reply)

My Faith, My Destiny - Episode 14 / Until I Met You - Episode 15 / Cold Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.