Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2053155 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
tobida:

This is exactly the reason u are always in the news for killing your wives.
Now wat did I say to warrant that level of violence speech?
Your rogue father is to be blamed for begeting a human wreck like you, ezi ofia cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by tobida: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
DawatNama:

Your rogue father is to be blamed for begeting a human wreck like you, ezi ofia cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will now report u to the mods. Okoro u must learn.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
benben1000:

I just verified your account number, appears you are Yoruba. Same Igbos you insult,, you are now asking for help? SMH
I have also noticed this disturbing attitude among yoruba students. They always stop someone along the road and start begging for money

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
What do you mean by U People? Even if you are not from Anambra state, your advise is very myopic in the sense that there is criminality everywhere. By U People, you are inferring those of us from Anambra state on this forum. Do you expect us to go all over Anambra State to stop your criminality? Are we Police? We are here to discuss infrastructural development of Anambra state and not those tribalistic and bigotic advice. If you don't have any contribution to make, please keep your fingers off the keyboard and make use of only your eyes.

Wat are u people going to do about the social problem in the state?
Everytime, husband kill wife, daughter in Anambra?
U need to educate your people on domestic violence.
Are they the worst in Nigeria? [/quote]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by iLoveAnambra(m): 12:19am On Jun 23, 2018
benben1000:

I just verified your account number, appears you are Yoruba. Same Igbos you insult,, you are now asking for help? SMH
Nna munwa Yoruba?? kedu mgbe ezigbote Nwa Idemili jiri bulu onye Ofe

obuna inero anya na my post
ka imara mu ezigbo nwa afo

but onwelo sha

no shaking
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by iLoveAnambra(m): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

I have also noticed this disturbing attitude among yoruba students. They always stop someone along the road and start begging for money
nekwanu ka esi echu afa mmadu

odikwa egwu oo

so makana ana ma anyo umunwanne m ego
mere mu jiri buru onye ofe

nsogbu adiro

it shall be well
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bugidon(m): 7:44am On Jun 23, 2018
The best club that I have been to in awka
investnow2013:
LASVEGAS NIGHT CLUB AWKA ANAMBRA STATE
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by benben1000: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

That's all they do is beg; they are lazy to work but know how to chase women with no money and empty stomach from morning to night without success grin. They know that Igbos have and control the money in this country and are naturally benevolent/giving, that's why they come to us to beg. Have you not notice that? Funny they go as far as using Google translate to write in Igbo... Umuajiana!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2018
benben1000:

That's all they do is beg; they are lazy to work but know how to chase women with no money and empty stomach from morning to night without success grin. They know that Igbos have and control the money in this country and are naturally benevolent/giving, that's why they come to us to beg. Have you not notice that? Funny they go as far as using Google translate to write in Igbo... Umuajiana!

I don't even waste time on yoruba men, they don't have responsibility. Their women work their ass off to cater for the family. You go to Shomolu and see 6 yoruba men manning one small cutting machine that don't make 2k daily but you see their women selling Okrika shoes, handkerchief, lace and herbal medicine.

Believe it or don't an average yoruba man is irresponsible, his belle only then gamble and sew ankara uniform

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by benben1000: 10:02am On Jun 23, 2018
DawatNama:

I don't even waste time on yoruba men, they don't have responsibility. Their women work their ass off to cater for the family. You go to Shomolu and see 6 yoruba men manning one small cutting machine that don't make 2k daily but you see their women selling Okrika shoes, handkerchief, lace and herbal medicine.

Believe it or don't an average yoruba man is irresponsible, his belle only then gamble and sew ankara uniform

"Irresponsible" is the word I was looking for. I grew up in SW; when I tell people I know these people more than my relatives, I don't mince words. When I went to primary and secondary schools in SW, out of my over dozen yoruba friends, only 2 had their father in their lives. The remaining 10 or so, either didn't know their father or their father irresponsibly abandoned them, or their mother chased him out because he couldn't provide. In all serious note, over 50% of Yoruba families are run by women. Their society to the surprise of many Nigerians who don't know is a matriarchal society; meaning women run their respective families and are bread winners. These dynamics are common in society where men are not productive or are not leaders of their society. Women naturally, innately only respect and are loyal to men who are productive and leaders which is why Igbo women in Nigeria are the most loyal crop of women in Nigeria, something Yoruba men have confessed openly they are drawn to. But they forget that these loyalty is not transferable, she is only loyal to a man whom she sees the same productivity and leadership she saw in her father and male relatives. Dr. Thomas Sowell, American philosopher wrote in his book, the reason why Igbos, Jews, Germans, West Indies, East Asians are successful in life is not necessarily because they are smarter than other race of people but because of their "intact family." Speaking from history and current events, any society run by women whether by accident or by choice three things are present: infidelity, high divorce rate/complete breakdown of family structure and children born out of wedlock. These dynamics are only present among two race or ethnic groups in the world, these are African Americans and Yorubas. These societies are bound to fail!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2018
I lived in SW for 7 years and I speak the language small, Well I know many people will dispute this not out of ignorance but petty tribal supremacy but the poser I have for this category of people is this
Stop at Ikeja, Oshodi, Mile2, Mie12, Balogun, Alaba, Agege etc check the number of yoruba women doing businesses there and number of men.
Now apart from those youths chasing yellow buses and those collecting levy for trading and hawking you can't pinpoint a single yourba male youth shop anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by austinkenneth: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2018
DawatNama:
I lived in SW for 7 years and I speak the language small, Well I know many people will dispute this not out of ignorance but petty tribal supremacy but the poser I have for this category of people is this
Stop at Ikeja, Oshodi, Mile2, Mie12, Balogun, Alaba, Agege etc check the number of yoruba women doing businesses there and number of men.
Now apart from those youths chasing yellow buses and those collecting levy for trading and hawking you can't pinpoint a single yourba male youth shop anywhere.

Yoruba uneducated males may not be good in raw business of buying and selling especially the uneducated ones. However the educated males are seriously making up for that. Education opens your eyes to do some businesses in a special way.

They are pulling their weight in the banking sector which finances businesses. Please no derogatory comments. Every tribe has its flaws.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2018
ABAKILIKI STREET STILL EXISTS IN AWKA.

The Chairman of Awka South Local Government Area, Mr Leo Nwuba has confirmed that contrary to the recent uproar in the media over the renaming of Abakaliki Street in Awka, the Awka Capital City had long designated another street to be named Abakaliki Street within the Capital City.

The new Abakaliki Street runs from Club Road, across Queen Suites to Enugu-Onitsha Expressway at the Parktonia Hotel end of the road. The street has clear signs identifying it as Abakaliki Street on both ends.

Mr Nwuba expressed surprise that there was no attempt to balance the story of the renaming of the street with the announcement that another street had been also renamed as Abakaliki Street.

Explaining that the renaming of the former Abakaliki Street as ‘Club Road’ was part of the on-going efforts to interpret the Awka City Master Plan, the Council Chairman revealed that the plan was being tweaked to fit things into their proper places.

Mr Nwuba expressed shock that anyone could have read a malicious meaning into the renaming of the street and quickly dismissed the speculation that it was an attempt to discriminate against anyone as false.

Throwing more light on the development, Mr James Eze, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Anambra regretted that the renaming of the street had been given a wrong interpretation by some people.

"Governor Obiano is the last man to put down a fellow human being let alone his own Igbo brothers. It is totally inconceivable that anyone could assume that the renaming of Abakaliki Street was done with an intention to spite anyone. The question to ask is, to what purpose, really?” queried Mr Eze.

According to him, "Governor Obiano has always been clear about what he wants to do about the new Awka Capital City. The former Abakaliki Street and the surrounding area have been designated as the entertainment hub of the city. That is where you have the largest concentration of entertainment hangouts. It is also a part of the city that never sleeps. We have a 24 hours life there. Government has provided adequate security, streetlights, road markings and everything that would encourage a 24 hours life in that axis. That district is gradually evolving into what might be called the Las Vegas of Nigeria especially on Friday nights,” Eze further explained.

He revealed that when there was an effort to rename the old Abakaliki Street as ‘Willie Obiano Avenue', the Governor had quickly turned it down because he wanted the streets within that entertainment circuit to bear names that reflect the offerings of the area.

"He is meticulous about what should be where. That is why he has mapped out an area that would be known as the Central Business District within the capital. Other areas are also being carved out and properly designated. So, there is really no such thing as an attempt to discriminate against anyone in Governor Obiano’s plan.

To underscore Governor Obiano's openness to all, Mr Eze explained that recently, the Governor announced that he had set aside the sum of N765m for commercial motorcyclists in the state to enable them replace their motorcycles with shuttle buses following the policy to restrict them from operating in Awka and Onitsha respectively.

"The beneficiaries of this loan are indigenes of the five states in the South East, Delta and Kogi State who are mostly involved in the motorcycle transport business in Anambra State. This kind of initiative cannot come from a governor who has any intention to discriminate against people,” Eze further explained.

He wondered why anyone would associate Governor Obiano with discrimination of any type, pointing out that "Governor Obiano has always maintained the posture of a modern Nigerian leader who treats every citizen with equal respect and dignity.”

From the Office of the Chief Press Secretary, Government House, Awka

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2018
Anambra Govt Continues Demolition Of Illegal Structures, Shanties
23 JUNE 2018

WRITTEN BY KENECHUKWU OFOMAH
As part of efforts aimed at transforming the structural outlook of the State Capital Territory, the State Government has continued the removal of shanties and demolition of illegal structures in the Capital Territory.

The exercise was jointly supervised by officials of the Awka Capital Territory Development Authority, ACTDA, and men of the Nigeria Police Force.

The operation kick-started from Finotel Junction, Agu-Awka where shanties along the Old Enugu-Onitsha Road were removed, and continued up to Amansea end, where illegal structures built as residential and business premises along the buffer area between the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway and the Old Road, were also pulled down completely.

The team further advanced to Club Road, Awka, formerly known as Abakaliki Street, where it removed shanties and structures built under the high tension after which it proceeded to pull down a building under construction at Ogbugbankwa junction along Zik’s Avenue, Awka that did not conform to standards.

On all the structures demolished, were clearly marked, an order by the ACTDA to remove bearing several dates with the latest being 11th of June, 2018.

Speaking during the exercise, the Managing Director, ACTDA, Venerable Amaechi Okwuosa, reminded developers that there is an existing Federal Law against building under high tension cables due to radiation and other hazards associated with it, adding that the state is presently faced with a lot of environmental challenges because people block water channels and build on top of them.

Noting that the present administration of Governor Willie Obiano does not condone illegality of any kind, Venerable Okwuosa said what the Agency aims to achieve by the exercise is to keep Ndi Anambra safe by bringing residents of the state to conform with safety standards.

The ACTDA Boss who emphasized that Governor Obiano has a noble intention to make the State Capital the best in the country, called on developers who are trooping into the state in their numbers due to the secure environment, to seek professional advice and direction from the relevant authorities before building.

A resident at Club Road, Mr. Chukwunenye Okeke who acknowledged that due to the present administration’s efforts, the Street has developed to become a business hub of some sorts with activities going on night and day, appealed to government to support the displaced business operators by securing for them another place to relocate their businesses.

For a generator mechanic whose container was affected by the demolition, Mr. Christopher Ezedigbo, government should come to his aid, as his shop was neither marked for removal nor situated under the high tension.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2018
Anambra Residents Enjoined To Maintain Prompt Payment Of Tax, Levies
23 JUNE 2018

WRITTEN BY EMMANUEL OKONKWO
Ndi Anambra have been called upon to help sustain the development strides of the Obiano government by prompt payment of their taxes and levies.

The state Commissioner for Trade, Commerce and Industry, Dr. Christian Madubuko, made the call during a tour of some markets in Onitsha including Ochanja Main Market, Ochanja by Emodi road, Fabric Dealer’s Association Market, Ogbo-osisi Bridge Head market, and God's Own Market Ogidi, among others.

During the visit, the Commissioner inspected some ongoing building projects in the markets, where he ordered immediate submission of the building plans and approval to his office by the owners, and warned road side traders against road side trading which he said, leads to loss of lives, and as well hinders free flow of traffic in the area.

The Commissioner also during the exercise inspected a new market built by the Sythe Fabric Dealers Association at Mgbulugudu Ogidi, with over five hundred lockup shops, where he commended the group for executing such project without government's assistance, describing the act as worthy of emulation.

Speaking to the ABS shortly after the exercise, Commissioner Madubuko, frowned at the behaviour of some market heads who most of the times divert governments funds to their private pockets, noting that the state government will no longer tolerate such act as it is detrimental to its target of increasing the Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, for more development in all the nooks and crannies of the state.

On their parts, some of the Markets Heads including Chief Sunday Nweke, Messrs Sunny Agu, and Damian Nwagu, while appreciating the Commissioner for the visit, promised to maintain cordial relationship with the state government by paying their taxes promptly, and asked the government to address some of the challenges facing them in the markets, which include unequipped fire service among others.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
can someone please upload pictures of this club road let me see what it looks like since its a popular road in Awka
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
NOLLYWOOD @ AWKA ANAMBRA STATE. Shooting in Awka at solo Amaco's production
Acting with Ken Eric as his sister
As Oge and Obiorah

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
NOLLYWOOD @ AWKA ANAMBRA STATE

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
NOLLYWOOD FILMS SHOOTING @ ABAGANA ANAMBRA STATE

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
MORE NOLLYWOOD FILMS SHOOTING IN ABAGANA ANAMBRA STATE

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
investnow2013:

The Chairman of Awka South Local Government Area, Mr Leo Nwuba has confirmed that contrary to the recent uproar in the media over the renaming of Abakaliki Street in Awka, the Awka Capital City had long designated another street to be named Abakaliki Street within the Capital City.

The new Abakaliki Street runs from Club Road, across Queen Suites to Enugu-Onitsha Expressway at the Parktonia Hotel end of the road. The street has clear signs identifying it as Abakaliki Street on both ends.

Mr Nwuba expressed surprise that there was no attempt to balance the story of the renaming of the street with the announcement that another street had been also renamed as Abakaliki Street.

Explaining that the renaming of the former Abakaliki Street as ‘Club Road’ was part of the on-going efforts to interpret the Awka City Master Plan, the Council Chairman revealed that the plan was being tweaked to fit things into their proper places.

Mr Nwuba expressed shock that anyone could have read a malicious meaning into the renaming of the street and quickly dismissed the speculation that it was an attempt to discriminate against anyone as false.

Throwing more light on the development, Mr James Eze, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Anambra regretted that the renaming of the street had been given a wrong interpretation by some people.

"Governor Obiano is the last man to put down a fellow human being let alone his own Igbo brothers. It is totally inconceivable that anyone could assume that the renaming of Abakaliki Street was done with an intention to spite anyone. The question to ask is, to what purpose, really?” queried Mr Eze.

According to him, "Governor Obiano has always been clear about what he wants to do about the new Awka Capital City. The former Abakaliki Street and the surrounding area have been designated as the entertainment hub of the city. That is where you have the largest concentration of entertainment hangouts. It is also a part of the city that never sleeps. We have a 24 hours life there. Government has provided adequate security, streetlights, road markings and everything that would encourage a 24 hours life in that axis. That district is gradually evolving into what might be called the Las Vegas of Nigeria especially on Friday nights,” Eze further explained.

He revealed that when there was an effort to rename the old Abakaliki Street as ‘Willie Obiano Avenue', the Governor had quickly turned it down because he wanted the streets within that entertainment circuit to bear names that reflect the offerings of the area.

"He is meticulous about what should be where. That is why he has mapped out an area that would be known as the Central Business District within the capital. Other areas are also being carved out and properly designated. So, there is really no such thing as an attempt to discriminate against anyone in Governor Obiano’s plan.

To underscore Governor Obiano's openness to all, Mr Eze explained that recently, the Governor announced that he had set aside the sum of N765m for commercial motorcyclists in the state to enable them replace their motorcycles with shuttle buses following the policy to restrict them from operating in Awka and Onitsha respectively.

"The beneficiaries of this loan are indigenes of the five states in the South East, Delta and Kogi State who are mostly involved in the motorcycle transport business in Anambra State. This kind of initiative cannot come from a governor who has any intention to discriminate against people,” Eze further explained.

He wondered why anyone would associate Governor Obiano with discrimination of any type, pointing out that "Governor Obiano has always maintained the posture of a modern Nigerian leader who treats every citizen with equal respect and dignity.”

The correct spelling in ABAKALIKI "NOT" ABAKILIKI

Thank God it was not spelled as Abakeleke, It's like how people always spell Awka as Akwa
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by iLoveAnambra(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
benben1000:

"Irresponsible" is the word I was looking for. I grew up in SW; when I tell people I know these people more than my relatives, I don't mince words. When I went to primary and secondary schools in SW, out of my over dozen yoruba friends, only 2 had their father in their lives. The remaining 10 or so, either didn't know their father or their father irresponsibly abandoned them, or their mother chased him out because he couldn't provide. In all serious note, over 50% of Yoruba families are run by women. Their society to the surprise of many Nigerians who don't know is a matriarchal society; meaning women run their respective families and are bread winners. These dynamics are common in society where men are not productive or are not leaders of their society. Women naturally, innately only respect and are loyal to men who are productive and leaders which is why Igbo women in Nigeria are the most loyal crop of women in Nigeria, something Yoruba men have confessed openly they are drawn to. But they forget that these loyalty is not transferable, she is only loyal to a man whom she sees the same productivity and leadership she saw in her father and male relatives. Dr. Thomas Sowell, American philosopher wrote in his book, the reason why Igbos, Jews, Germans, West Indies, East Asians are successful in life is not necessarily because they are smarter than other race of people but because of their "intact family." Speaking from history and current events, any society run by women whether by accident or by choice three things are present: infidelity, high divorce rate/complete breakdown of family structure and children born out of wedlock. These dynamics are only present among two race or ethnic groups in the world, these are African Americans and Yorubas. These societies are bound to fail!
lols why this long epistle..
just because of me..

even if i speak Igbo u wil stil say that is google translation..

even my Anambra brothers,just because de love i am pleading

dey wil agree with u even wen dey knw that google doesnt translate in Idemili dialect..

i am frm Ogidi in Idemili North
obodo nna m

ur hatred for me made u nt to see my Igbo name in my account
or may be my surname
but daz our kind of surname in Ogidi,onitsha and igbo part of delta state

but like i said earlier no shaking

it won't stop me frm commenting here..

my posts show dat i truely love Anambra

obodo oma umuigbo
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
^^^^^^^

E don do.

Abeg if una wan dash money or not go ahead.

Not to come here and quarrel over names, when money has not exchanged hands yet.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
investnow2013:

This doesn't even make sense. Unless they rename all roads to reflect the activities going on there. in which case we expect to see church Road, banks road, school road etc
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fatherofdragons: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
MIP is an agribusiness company registered in Nigeria for the purpose of farming, food processing and consultancy The company owns a medium sized farm in Nnewi, Anambra State Nigeria. We have since commenced production in the Nnewi project in a 5000 square meter greenhouse farm consisting of 9 greenhouses with a nursery, they hired a Kenyan expatriate, Mr Peter Kabue from Hortipro who is will commence local production of both Bamboo and steal frame greenhouses in Uru, Nnewi in Anambra State

Sweet Bell Peppers
Our vine-ripened bell peppers are vibrant in color with a consistent uniform shape and firmness and produced under the best growing conditions.

English Cucumbers
We use only the very best seed, along with traditional plant breeding methods, to produce cucumbers with vibrant dark green edible skin and exceptional flavor

Tomatoes
Our tomatoes are high in nutritional value with an array of natural nutrients that are associated with reducing certain health problems while boosting energy. We grow several types of Tomatoes including the plum and beefsteak types

Do this company take students for their IT programme.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

This doesn't even make sense. Unless they rename all roads to reflect the activities going on there. in which case we expect to see church Road, banks road, school road etc
This your write up is even more nonsensical, why should Umahi direct Obiano on what to do in Anambra state? When Enugu sack Anambra people working in the state did haven fall, when Abia sack Anambra people working in the state did haven fall, Mbaise people swore Anambra person won't be a bishop at Ahiara Anambra state government didn't issue any statement, Ebonyi State refused Ibeto entry into NigerCem because he is from Anambra State we didn't raise an eyebrow... The list is endless but now our government decided to change a street name some inferiority complex subdued ediots started issuing press briefing.
In Anambra state there equal balance of indigenes and non indigenes in the education sector, many people from Imo State are headmaster and principals in Anambra schools but we go on like for peace to reign. There are some Obiano aids that are not from anambra state but we don't complain yet we are being insulted, malign and abused for just be civil.

The street is now Club Zone and not Abakaliki Street, all former documents remain valid. There is an abakaliki street in Fegge you can kindly located it because we have changed the name of the one in Awka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

Do this company take students for their IT programme.
Get their contacts through their website
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
DawatNama:

This your write up is even more nonsensical, why should Umahi direct Obiano on what to do in Anambra state? When Enugu sack Anambra people working in the state did haven fall, when Abia sack Anambra people working in the state did haven fall, Mbaise people swore Anambra person won't be a bishop at Ahiara Anambra state government didn't issue any statement, Ebonyi State refused Ibeto entry into NigerCem because he is from Anambra State we didn't raise an eyebrow... The list is endless but now our government decided to change a street name some inferiority complex subdued ediots started issuing press briefing.
In Anambra state there equal balance of indigenes and non indigenes in the education sector, many people from Imo State are headmaster and principals in Anambra schools but we go on like for peace to reign. There are some Obiano aids that are not from anambra state but we don't complain yet we are being insulted, malign and abused for just be civil.

The street is now Club Zone and not Abakaliki Street, all former documents remain valid. There is an abakaliki street in Fegge you can kindly located it because we have changed the name of the one in Awka.
Your long post is meaningless to me. Stick to the change of street name and we can talk. If clubs spring up on abakaliki street and you change it to club road then the road with the highest number of banks should be changed to bank road too, and so on
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

Your long post is meaningless to me. Stick to the change of street name and we can talk. If clubs spring up on abakaliki street and you change it to club road then the road with the highest number of banks should be changed to bank road too, and so on

This is a government decision and it has been gazetted, Club Zone is the official name.
Yes business sometimes determine location naming ; Bank Road in Nnewi have major bank branches reason for the naming, Old and New Market Roads in Onitsha lead to Main Market, Niger Street in Fegge is close to River Niger, School Road at Iyiowa lead to Community Primary School.

As much as I'm ready to stick to renaming of a street I want to rub the hypocrisy of most of you on your faces. You guys have wronged us in multiple phases but maintain low key.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Anambra Govt Cautions Against Abuse Of GRA Onitsha, Commences Revalidation Of Allocation Tommorow
24 JUNE 2018

The State Government says its attention has been drawn to the unwholesome abuse of the serenity of the Government Reserved Area, GRA, in Onitsha.
In a statement in Awka, the Commissioner for Lands, Mr Nnamdi Onukwuba, lamented that some allotees in the GRA Onitsha had converted their premises to Churches, Hotels and other commercial activities without any authority from the government.

Mr Onukwuba warned that it is illegal for any allotee in government estate to convert his property to another use without applying for change of purpose clause from the state government, stressing that such action constitutes breach of covenants contained in the certificate of occupancy.

The Commissioner warned that the State government will not hesitate to cancel certificates of occupancy whose covenants have been abused and recover such plots.

Mr Onukwuba stated that not all types of businesses would be allowed in the Government Reserved Areas as they are designed specifically for residential purposes.

He said that a revalidation exercise will help in streamlining a lot of anomalies in government layouts across the State, and urged various Allottees’ Associations in government layouts to sensitize their members to present themselves for the exercise which will commence tomorrow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:35am On Jun 24, 2018
Beautiful serene city of Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

No, you are the one that is writing crap. Anambra state government has all the right to do whatever is lawful and nobody has any say in that. You want to talk about street name change that made Umahi accuse us of discrimination but you dont want us to talk about how you people kicked us to the curb when you got your little new state...Hypocrisy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1312) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.