Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

I Got Computer Science Admission Into UDUSOK, What Do I Need To Know? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Got Computer Science Admission Into UDUSOK, What Do I Need To Know? (1281 Views)

I'm Happy, I Got My First Laptop With My Money At 17yrs(photos) / Computer Science / Is A Degree In Computer Science Still Worth It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Got Computer Science Admission Into UDUSOK, What Do I Need To Know? by NerdyFullo(m): 1:26am On Dec 21, 2017
Hello to every Computer Scientist in the House, I just got admission into UDUSOK and I'm going to pursue a degree in CS.
So, what are the very little things that I should or need to know before starting the studies.
Thanks to you all.

Re: I Got Computer Science Admission Into UDUSOK, What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
NerdyFullo:
Hello to every Computer Scientist in the House, I just got admission into UDUSOK and I'm going to pursue a degree in CS.
So, what are the very little things that I should or need to know before starting the studies.
Thanks to you all.

Must Know:
1. there is no course called computer science in Nigeria, it's a scam.
2. computer science is a very broad field divided into a very broad sub field. HCI, System analysis and design, Software Engineering are few of these and they will teach you little of all this sub field which will leave you knowing nothing.
3. they will teach you all the sub field of computer science and you will become jack of all trade, master of nothing.

Must Do:
1. find a sub field you got interest in and start mastering it. sub field are programming, networking, database management and the likes.
2. get a system, very key. what is a farmer without a hoe.
3. keep learning. technology changes like ****. new tech today is old tech tomorrow.

regards,
BSC Computer and information science.
MSC Business computing

1 Like

Re: I Got Computer Science Admission Into UDUSOK, What Do I Need To Know? by Legolast: 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
NerdyFullo:
Thanks to you all.

HI,

Well you don't need to know much than computer science in any normal university (school of technology like FUTA) teaches nothing like programming.

Am a student of udusok, an Agricultural Student but a web and software developer. You can hook up with me to share ideas.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Your Smartphone Is Really Smart / Virtualdj 8.5 Mac Serial Number / Point Of Sales Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.