Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Ibos React With Hashtags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibos React With Hashtags (14812 Views)

Ibos Refused To Co-operate, / Deport Destitute Ibos Back Home To Their Governors / To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibos React With Hashtags by BabaRamota1980: 6:02am On Dec 21, 2017
By Nse Anthony-Uko
(Sundiata Post) –

Many Nigerians Ibos have expressed anger at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) over the arrest of the Managing Director of Nigeria’s indigenous Motor Assembly Plant Innoson Motors, Dr Innocent Chukwudi by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Our investigations reveal that there is a sustained campaign against GTbank since his arrest on Tuesday, as thousands of Nigerians yanminris from a section of the country have vowed to close down their accounts with the Bank. Some have already done that and posted them on social media.

Already Hashtags have been created to drive the massive campaign against GTBank. Some of the hashtags include #BoycottGTBankOverInnoson; #BoycottGTBank among others.
Sundiata Post gathered that even the elites among them are not left out.

A very popular hotelier that owns a four star in Owerri is one of those who has done that .The message is already spreading like wild fire on social media. None of the top management team of GTbank was ready to speak to our reporters when we contacted them this afternoon.

Chukwuma, was picked up at about 11 a.m. at his Savage Crescent, GRA Enugu residence on Tuesday, December 19 on allegations of refusal to honour an invitation by the Commission having earlier jumped an administrative bail granted to him in a case being investigated by the Capital Market and Insurance Fraud Unit of the Commission’s Lagos office.
His arrest has however sparked widespread condemnation as many see this as an act of intimidation to prevent court judgements secured in his favour from being executed in cases between Innoson and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 21, 2017
angry

∆Blame games!! ∆
Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by AshiwajuFoward: 6:06am On Dec 21, 2017
Their protests won't be complete until igbos working for the bank also quit their jobs. lipsrsealed

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by jeffizy(m): 6:07am On Dec 21, 2017
The op is up to great mischief with his/her deliberate replacement/addition of words in the text.

To what end? embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by jeffizy(m): 6:07am On Dec 21, 2017
It will be advisable to read up and understand the Genesis of the matter than to get unnecessarily sentimental.

5 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by QueenSekxy(f): 6:09am On Dec 21, 2017
mmm
Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by MayorofLagos(m): 6:17am On Dec 21, 2017
ProWalker:
As Ibos are closing their accounts, the yanmirins working in the bank should also send in their letters of resignation to complete the protest

If i were GTB i would declare loss following the hashtag reactions, particulely in East...thus showing legitimacy to lay off and close all branches in SE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by jdluv(f): 6:18am On Dec 21, 2017
bad market for GTB butthey should remember thatthe bank also employs their children

2 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by pressplay411(m): 6:21am On Dec 21, 2017
My understanding so far.

Innoson banks with GTB, accesses their facility and incurred wrong bank charges to the tune of over 700 million Naira.
After back and forth with GTB, he wins his suit to the tune of 8 billion Naira.
GTB feeling embarrassed exposes his business malpractices and fraudulent shipping documents and reports to EFCC.
EFCC being an antigraft agency summons him and he was discharged. They summon him again, this time he fails to honour the invitation. They move in on him to arrest him in his Enugu residence. He resists arrest and engages them with his own force. They call for back up, and things spiralled out of control. His wife gets slapped, he gets arrested.

That said, how did this turn to an inter-tribal witch-hunting?
It's simply a GTB VS Innoson fight. Pls let's always get our facts right and not let sentiments make a mockery of our intelligence and education.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by chomchom1(f): 6:24am On Dec 21, 2017
Since Gtb saga Afojo's has been crying. We understand ua pains

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by irepnaija4eva(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2017
Our investigations reveal that there is a sustained campaign against GTbank since his arrest on Tuesday, as thousands of Nigerians yanminris[b][/b] from a section of the country have vowed to close down their accounts with the Bank. Some have already done that and posted them on social media.

Your a big fool for using such degoratory words on IBO..
E-diot..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Markfemi2: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

If i were GTB i would declare loss following the hashtag reactions, particulely in East...thus showing legitimacy to lay off and close all branches in SE

Infact I’m sure Gt bank will deliver its best result soon showing ibo they are irrelevant in the scheme of things

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Markfemi2: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2017
Boycott diamond and fidelity bank

4 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by uglyafonja: 6:28am On Dec 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Who will loose.......

The SE have the highest number of Commercial and micro finance bank.....so who will loose....

GTB alone have close to 20 branches in Onitsha alone....

Use your google

18 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by AshiwajuFoward: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Igbos are bluffmasters who have become synonymous with empty chestbeating. Their only saving grace is that Yorubas are generally liberals who aren't as emotional and sentimental as they are. Else they won't be able to contain the repercussions in the event that the generality of Yorubas assume a Yoruba vs. Igbo posture over this issue, considering that they are a tribe of nomads. They are just a bunch of whiny jokers.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by uglyafonja: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2017
Markfemi2:

Infact I’m sure Gt bank will deliver its best result soon showing ibo they are irrelevant in the scheme of things

GTB will be the biggest looser.....

You think it is that your salary that banks survives on

It is Igbo businessmen that takes loan and pay large interest and not yoruba salary earners.....

That is the reason, aside Lagos....SE is their next destination, because this is where they make huge gain....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by funlord(m): 6:32am On Dec 21, 2017
jeffizy:
The op is up to great mischief with his/her deliberate replacement/addition of words in the text.

To what end? embarassed

Tribalism!

1 Like

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Markfemi2: 6:32am On Dec 21, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Igbos are bluffmasters who have become synonymous with empty chestbeating. Their only saving grace is that Yorubas are generally liberals who aren't as emotional and sentimental as they are. Else they won't be able to contain the repercussions in the event that the generality of Yorubas assume a Yoruba vs. Igbo posture over this issue, considering that they are a tribe of nomads. They are just a bunch of whiny jokers.

I’m already closing my diamond bank account today
I’m moving my business account to that GTBank stay there and be waiting
I’m sacking all my ibo suppliers next year
Two can play the game

31 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by irepnaija4eva(m): 6:32am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

Who will loose.......

The SE have the highest number of Commercial and micro finance bank.....so who will loose....

Use your google

And is GTB the only bank available in Onitsha?
I mean the way u guys reason is pure childish and disgusting....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by ProWalker: 6:33am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

It is Igbo businessmen that takes loan and pay large interest and not yoruba salary earners.....

That is the reason, aside Lagos....SE is their next destination, because this is where they make huge gain....

What is the business that is going on in the East
Mention on serious minded businessman in the east that is a customer of the bank

15 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by wristbangle: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Weak emotions with shallow decision making leads to dangerous consequences. Boycotting or closure of their accounts could bear huge loss on their part as the bank may lay off SE staffs with other geo-political region people boycotting banks owned by a SE indigene.

For a critical thinker, he/she would know this is not issue of tribalism. Analysing the situation, it is not the job of EFCC to do Debt recovery. What then is the job of Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON)?

We have heard several comments from this story and I would say both party are guilty if thorough forensic/audit confirms it to be so.

9 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by sekundosekundo: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2017
ProWalker:
As Ibos are closing their accounts, the yanmirins working in the bank should also send in their letters of resignation to complete the protest
These people really deserved that appellation of pigs and idiots
GTb should first leave Biafran Land if i must take you seriously. Why wont people close their accounts with GTB after the bank agreed to have fraudlently deducted billions of naira from her customer?. Even Mr Omoleke my friend has written to GTb demanding that his account must be audicted by an independent firm. You guys should grow up. If GTB can steal this amount from Innoson, I PITY DANGOTE.

5 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Markfemi2: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

Loooool
You men’s south east that Ogun alone is richer Than
You people over hype yourself too much
Take your gala money
Why did an ibo bank bot support him in the first place
Loooool
Carry your so called money and go
As far as the law is concerned Gt owns Innoson a and can close it down if it’s wishes

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by uglyafonja: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Markfemi2:
Boycott diamond and fidelity bank

Aside Lagos, diamond and Fidelity bank do not have up to 10 branches in SW......

What will da be doing there

To save peoples salaries or what ?

Da are more domiciled in SE, where you have businessmen that can take loans and pay large interest

9 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by Markfemi2: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

Aside Lagos, diamond and Fidelity bank do not have up to 10 branches in SW......

Da are more domiciled in SE, where you have businessmen that can take loans and pay large interest

Go and ask your manager there are more diamond banks in Ogun than entire south east

19 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by sekundosekundo: 6:39am On Dec 21, 2017
ProWalker:

What is the business that is going on in the East
Mention on serious minded businessman in the east that is a customer of the bank
Tell me any business that is moving in your state that doesnt move in South East.

4 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by uglyafonja: 6:42am On Dec 21, 2017
Markfemi2:

Loooool
You men’s south east that Ogun alone is richer Than
You people over hype yourself too much
Take your gala money
Why did an ibo bank bot support him in the first place
Loooool
Carry your so called money and go
As far as the law is concerned Gt owns Innoson a and can close it down if it’s wishes

Ogun state that is filled with salary earners....

We are talking of individual money and this slowpoke is talking about State IGR...

The IGR that does not reflect on the people...

Go to Abeokuta and you will see what is called poverty....

Milking the poor people dry in the very name of boasting with high IGR....A typical life of an AFONJA..

How much do the company pay those AFONJA workers......

A common Igbo distributor in those company makes more money than 20 workers in those company

GTB will lose full time..

They should go to Ibadan or ogun and collect people salaries

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by opey25(m): 6:43am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

Who will loose.......

Use your google
bloody liar, 20 gtb branches in only onitsha.

4 Likes

Re: Ibos React With Hashtags by wristbangle: 6:44am On Dec 21, 2017
uglyafonja:

@ Markfemi2, Please don't engage this intellectual lazy boy.

The bolded should be a pointer to you that you are having a conversation with a dummy.

I pity those gnashing their teeth over this issue. The issue between Innoson and GTB is not tribalism but politics

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Many Nigerians Are Scared Of The Year 2019 - Dele Momodu Writes / Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.