Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? (2650 Views)

When Will Christians Get Sense? I Am SINCERELY Concerned / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? / Church Of Satan Endorses Sex Dolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by correctguy101(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
danvon:
now I'm sure you know nothing about Judaism
They don't believe in Adam and eve http://thetorah.com/the-immortal-myth-of-adam-and-eve/
They don't believe 10 commandments https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-ten-commandments/
They don't believe in circumcision https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-ten-commandments/
Where in Bible were they ordered to have a temple to perform Animal sacrifice? You know nothing about Judaism, Old Testament and the New Testament intact you know nothing at all

See me see trouble o....

Jews don't believe in circumcision?
This one is new, tell me more cos I have met Jewish Rabbis in my travels....
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
correctguy101:

See me see trouble o....

Lolz don't give heed to him
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by danvon(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
correctguy101:

See me see trouble o....

did you ask them about circumcision? Most cases they simply take a needle and prick the top of the penis till the blood drop, more symbolic, is that circumcision?

:Nairaland change the word I used wink to joystick
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by correctguy101(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ferisidowu:

Lolz don't give heed to him

It's Arabians I know don't believe in this circumcision sturvs but some are circumcized but my Arabian friends aren't. Infact they're the ones who told me some Arabs are circumcized cos I know not.

I'll like to learn more o.... Ayam not understanding again undecided
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by danvon(m): 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
correctguy101:

It's Arabians I know don't believe in this circumcision sturvs but some are circumcized but my Arabian friends aren't. Infact they're the ones who told me some Arabs are circumcized cos I know not.

I'll like to learn more o.... Ayam not understanding again undecided
hope I've answered you
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by correctguy101(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
danvon:
did you ask them about circumcision? Most cases they simply take a needle and prick the top of the penis till the blood drop, more symbolic, is that circumcision?

:Nairaland change the word I used wink to joystick

I can't lie that I asked about it. But they're very verbal about the Abraham offspring thingy.
(I must add that, the ones I met o). Cos I also met a Jew who didn't give a rat's ass about being Jew or something.... SMH . People full this life with different ideas on everything.

I although have been unclad in the same room as my Arabian gees and even discussed why they didn't get circumcized. ,

This one is new and I must find out.....
Thanks anyway..
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by correctguy101(m): 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
danvon:
hope I've answered you
off course boss. I'll find out more about this. Thanks
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by urahara(m): 5:53am On Dec 22, 2017
Deicide:
They are some xtians that believe that until all jews believe and accept jesus as the messiah the world wont end.

lool. SMH.

that will never happen
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by romme2u: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
correctguy101:

For wetin na?

How my oga go become my PA?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by joshnes(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
urahara seun etc, there is double identity in the bible. In Dan 10:12-13, the angel told of the prince of the kingdom of Persia. He wasn't talking of a physical prince, but of a demonic entity that fought him in battle. That demon was in charge of the territory of Persia, hence; "the prince of persia". It is the same used for Lucifer in Isaiah 14, the same used for The King of Tyre (Ezekiel 28). Both speak of the same person: Lucifer. Job 1&2, very important in deciphing who Satan is. Firstly, a distinction is made between the sons of God (angels) and Satan (1:6). Secondly, angels are under the command of God, doing works as assigned to them. Satan was roaming the face of the earth. Angels are ministers (servants) to believers not roamers. God's eyes are already "roaming" the earth (2Chro 16:9), not angels. Lastly, it is clear that Satan here has thoughts of his own, he was even suggesting to God. An angel, like you said, has no will of his, but Satan did. No angel will suggest to God what to do. None.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by joshnes(m): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
urahara, to answer your question: wherd did we get Satan from? Job calls Satan a roamer (Job 1:7;2:2). Peter calls him so too (1 Peter 5:cool. Job portrays him as an accuser, he accused Job of being faithful to God because of material blessings (Job 1:9-11;2:4-5). Guess what? Revelations did same; called him the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10).
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by urahara(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
joshnes:
urahara, to answer your question: wherd did we get Satan from? Job calls Satan a roamer (Job 1:7;2:2). Peter calls him so too (1 Peter 5:cool. Job portrays him as an accuser, he accused Job of being faithful to God because of material blessings (Job 1:9-11;2:4-5). Guess what? Revelations did same; called him the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10).

Loool
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2020
urahara:

lool, tackle my points with logical arguments and stop all this.

Tell the idiot na Atheist post make them no chuk mouth.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2020
Please and who else thinks that the Adam and Eve story sounds like some Greek myth.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2020
Mikechinos:
I don't think that Satan is a being. its more of a title. anybody can be a Satan

It's a Part of YHWH.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:15am On Feb 07, 2020
enilove:

You are a servant of the devil. You better desist from this part of destruction before it gets too late for you.
You cannot befriend the devil and be an enemy of God. That is madness . You can't please the devil. Devil did not create you.
Return to God and He will have mercy on you.

Irrelevant post.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2020
KingEbukasBlog:
MrPresident1 , go get him champ ! grin

Are you Mohamma
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:18am On Feb 07, 2020
KingEbukasBlog:
MrPresident1 , go get him champ ! grin

Are you Mohammad?
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2020
dalaman:
Satan in Christianity is a conception and idea of the writers of the new testament. The writers of the old testament had a very different idea of Satan and the role he plays in their scriptures.

The Latent Idea super imposes BETTERMENT to the old.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:27am On Feb 07, 2020
Mikechinos:
Satan the individual originates from various characters given the title satan which is hebrew for obstacle and in the Old Testament Satan or the satan characters were servants of god who tested or accused christians. the name Lucifer was given to the character Satan through a MISinterpretation of Isaiah 14 in its latin interpretation where the name Lucifer ( the morning star) was used as the best latin word for the name of a Cannanite deity also Is.14 was a taunt to the king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar ( not helel) because he had recently been defeated by Cyrus the Great of the Persian Empire, it had nothing to do with fallen angels or anything divine and all the phrases that hinted at divinity were analogy not allegory . so even though the whole concept of Lucifer is merely a product of poor interpretation( made by Origen) and modern myths and not actual biblical scripture Lucifer and Satan are none the less the same character . and during medieval times where Church Fathers and their made up stories which they preached as true to the bible , they often said that Satan and his Angels were in a place called the foggy air which is a place between heaven and earth where the fallen can still mess with humans a bit but not much .
sooo.

1. Lucifer was never an angel of god in the bible it wasnt until fairly recent christian myths most of which were influenced by FICTIONAL works such as Dante’s Inferno and Miltons Paradise Lost

2. Lucifer means Light Bearer and was the name of a Roman deity who represented the morning star used to replace the name of the Cannanite deity of the morning star in the Latin translation. The name Satan was originally a title for any beings who were obstacles/accusers or testers in the bible and then it became the proper name of an individual who worked for god , he didnt rule hell or anything like that , Hell isnt even in the bible its also a product of church father BS and modern fictional stories.

3. Satan is not in opposition to God except in revelation where he will over step his boundries and be defeated by michael and since revelation is a prophecy of the future those events have not taken place so right now Satan is still in control of the world under the employment of God

4. Lucifer/Satan do not have physical forms and even in the modern myths surrounding the character , him and all other divine beings including angels and demons are incorpeal beings and are often described as only being able to commit 2 of the 7 sins , Pride and Envy because the rest of the sins are tied to physical desires.

How Satan? That's the question.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:39am On Feb 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SATAN PLAYS A VERY BIG ROLE IN CHRISTIANITY. "IT" IS ONE OF THE LEAD CHARACTERS, IN FACT, IT IS ALMOST AS IMPORTANT AS THE MAIN CHARACTER - GOD.

THINK ABOUT IT..

IF THERE'S NO WOLF, WHAT DOES THE SHEEP NEED PROTECTION FROM?

SATAN'S ROLE AND HELL'S TORMENT IS TO KEEP BELIEVERS TERRORIZED, AND EVERLY GULLIBLE.

Is that why you type in red to show how dangerous PRICKS destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:42am On Feb 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I GUESS WE ALL KNOW THE ROMANS (CATH. CHURCH) ARE BEHIND THIS GRAND DECEPTION.
wink

Is it because they wrote the Bible? They wrote The Vulgate but not The KJV.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2020
urahara:

wallaaahi.

this is one reason why Christians should have rejected the Old Testament.

see as all the Christians for this thread dey quiet

I am not quiet.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by urahara(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2020
orisa37:

I am not quiet.

Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by orisa37: 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
It's SATAN in Heaven. But DEVIL on Earth.

Devil derived from the dominating Spirit of EVE.

First entered the SERPENT but was destined for Eve and Eve, like Pelosi, set it in motion. And this lead to generations of Children of Adams and Eve.

Satan featured very well in the old Testament. In the LIVES of Gedeon, David, Job etcetera. It's in the Book of Job that Satan was called The Son of God. Job himself, by The Inspiration of The Holy Spirit described Satan as "The Quality Controller of God.

Satan tempted Jesus in the Wilderness. Satan entered Judas to make him do what he did. Check Satan's number. It's 330. Judas too is 330.

Satan tortured Jesus at The Garden of Getsimane

Jesus finally overcame Satan to merit "The SCEPTRE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS".

As I said before, all references to the Spirit from and in Heaven call It SATAN. On Earth, It's DEVIL, THE EVIL SPIRIT THAT WAS PART OF THE CONSCIENCE BREATHED IN EVE.
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by Deicide: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2020
joshnes:
Lastly, it is clear that Satan here has thoughts of his own, he was even suggesting to God. An angel, like you said, has no will of his, but Satan did. No angel will suggest to God what to do. None.
So Satan day parole with Yahweh for heaven, where they drinking wine together while discussing? grin
Re: Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2020
Deicide:
So Satan day parole with Yahweh for heaven, where they drinking wine together while discussing? grin

I See Ya! Death is Coming For Ya!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daddyfreeze Slams The Church's Inability To Resurrect Singer Osinachi / Block Rosary Crusade Centinary Feast Of The Holy Rosary - Sat. 27 Oct. 2012 / Moving Unto Perfection (walking In The Spirit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.