Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,232 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? (33388 Views)

Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? / How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Wazzaowner(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Profpsalm(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2018
LionDeLeo:

I'm an engineer, I disagree with the emboldened. Both professions are equally important.

Thank you sir, u really spoke with wisdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Drjafy: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2018
It Depends on where you work and/or Your qualification. E.g a medical Officer working with an NGO earns between 300-500k.
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by bongolistik(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2018
ironheart:
try being original. Stop gathering information from nairaland then create post on your site, and send people there. Its obvious you created that link today
please where should he gather information from?
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=Owomkpo

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by neoGRAVITY(f): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2018
Amebo1:

You are right, I'm a medical officer, just finished my Nysc. I earns 230k monthly. Though not enough for me...planning to ball from this country abeg

What you earns grin is not commensurate with what you know

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by LionDeLeo: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2018
neoGRAVITY:

What you earns grin is not commensurate with what you know

What do you know?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2018
FD to

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Menzy86(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2018
obonujoker:
Doctors are just big greedy thieves.... instead of them to be content with what they earn, they will always want more....

Even engineers that are more important, never see work, talk less of being paid well, yet they don't complain much.....
Did you just say engineers are more important? Jesus in Nigeria, Mechanics do better work than 'mechanical engineers' and masons can apply plans better than many architects and builders. I'm not a doctor o but this your statement reeks of contempt.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=neoGRAVITY
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by LionDeLeo: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2018
Amebo1:

What is this one saying? Ignorance is a deadly disease
I think you got it twisted.

What I think he says is that doctors' earnings are less than what they know. My thought though, because he wasn't specific with "not commensurate".

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=LionDeLeo post=63814117]
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 02, 2018
LionDeLeo:

I think you got it twisted.

What I think he says is that doctors earnings are less than what they know. My thought though, because he wasn't specific with "not commensurate".

Okay, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by neoGRAVITY(f): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2018
LionDeLeo:

What do you know?

Kataway you there

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Funnydoctor: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2018
My brother if you are doctor find a way and leave this country,you do lesser work,save more and get paid more.all this six digits are for government hospitals and few private. Now the question is how many are they taking. If our oga them sick. They go fly aboard because they know if u are made better you do better. Who is talking that national hospital no connection, my brother read ur Bible or Koran againn. Am done

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by LionDeLeo: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2018
Menzy86:
Did you just say engineers are more important? Jesus in Nigeria, Mechanics do better work than 'mechanical engineers' and masons can apply plans better than many architects and builders. I'm not a doctor o but this your statement reeks of contempt.
I disagree with him on that. But do you know who a mechanical engineer is? If you do, you won't compare him with a mechanic, even if the engineer doesn't know what he studied.

No professor in mechanical engineering does what a mechanic does. They are in related field bit absolutely different.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2018
smiley
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Talibanis: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2018
maryannasemota:
Please help
Tell me yours first. angry angry angry
Imagine the kind of topics that make front page these days one will be wondering what da heck is wrong with.... undecided
Going through some childish comments one will obviously confirm that Nairaland is full of scallywags with no intent of change. angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Menzy86(m): 8:10am On Jan 02, 2018
LionDeLeo:

I disagree with him on that. But do you know who a mechanical engineer is? If you do, you won't compare him with a mechanic, even if the engineer doesn't know what he studied.

No professor in mechanical engineering does what a mechanic does. They are in related field bit absolutely different.

I know o bros and that's why I also know that no person that isn't trained in medicine can perform surgery successfully. I see countless young engineers around that can't service a generator. That's my pointl its easy to delve into and deputise in the work of an engineer than a doctor. No long story.
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2018
My friend earn 720us monthly
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by donofdons: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2018
EsotericMonk:

For a moment I thought your moniker was mor0nofmor0ns. Maybe that would actually be a better moniker.
Everything you have said up there is factually wrong, sounds like what lie Mohammed would say.

Don’t insult me. I work in the billing department there. Just prove me wrong.
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2018
See them lying to themselves above. Doctors earn peanut in this country. You can only excel as a doctor here in Nigeria if you own a hospital of your own

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by chymeze: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2018
Reliable source from a doctor
House officers, that is new medical graduates, earn about 184k per month, including allowances
Junior resident doctors earn about between 307 to 337k per month, including allowances, depending on how long you have worked as a junior resident doctor. Starting level is usually 307k per month.
Senior resident doctors earn between 406k to 498k per month also depending on how long you have worked as a senior resident
Consultants typically earn between 512k to 560k monthly depending on the level.
Medical officers who are not into the residency programme like residents typically earn far much lower because of lower allowances. For instance, they do not take call duty or teaching allowances which form the bulk of salaries paid to resident doctors.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by nelszx: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2018
Amebo1:

What is this one saying? Ignorance is a deadly disease

He just "subtly" corrected your English by making a sentence off it. I "earns" 230k was what you typed. Out of all he said/typed only one thing stands out (the error) "earns" and others are just for laughs.
That's a subtle jab that even with that amount of money YOU (specific) still can't put 1 or 2 good English together grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by ProfOrlando: 8:59am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by HAH: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2018
Owomkpo:
Depends on the level of the doctor, the state he is working, the sector he is working and then if he is working for federal,state or local government.

For house officers: Average of 170k per month . Some states pay up to 250k like Akwa Ibom state

For Medical Officers: Average of 220k

Registrars: Average of 245k

Senior Registrars: Average of 300k

Consultants: From 500k upwards.
that means bankers earn better than doctors in Nigeria,because even a BO earns up to 400k monthly. managers earn over 1M, SM 1.3M AGM 1.5M some even far better than what I wrote

When I say bankers I mean core bankers not contract staff

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by shankara7: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2018
Most of them earn less than 100k in private hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Prognose: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2018
donofdons:
Starting salary varies from 150k in some hospitals to 590k for house officers in national hospital abuja and 550k in State house clinic in Aso villa.
Consultants in these hospitals starts earning from 1.9 million a month. But only the best doctors can work there because even connections cannot get you a spot in national hospital

This is a lie sir.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by Prognose: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2018
donofdons:

Don’t insult me. I work in the billing department there. Just prove me wrong.
Kindly post a picture of your ID card sir. All national hospital staff have an ID card. You can hide your real name.
Re: How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2018
Some earn 80-90k.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things You Can Do On Sartudays For Extra Income. / Spy Nigeria Police / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.