Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (3789 Views)

Please Which NEW Laptop Should I Go For? / New Laptop For Sale / NEW LAPTOP ARRIVALS. THREAD UPDATED!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
I just need a powerful brand new laptop as I don't like buying fairly used things. Only a car is what I can buy second hand, any other thing is brand new. So no 2nd adverts needed here pls.

I'm gonna use the laptop majorly for reading textbooks, surfing the net for infos and winding off by watching movies and listening to music(not much of a game fan-I don't play games)

Please I'll like you guys to kindly help review....thanks.

Here goes...

Dell Inspiron 15 7th Gen Intel Core I3 - 2.4 GHz (6GB RAM 1TB HDD) 15.6 Inch Windows 10 - Black.

Specifications.

Windows 10 operating system

Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. 

15.6" HD  for hands-on control

The 1366x768 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. LED backlight.

7th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-7100U mobile processor

Smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing.

6GB system memory for dependable multitasking

Sufficient high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once.

1TB hard drive for ample file storage space

Holds a sizeable collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies. 5400 rpm spindle speed for standard read/write times.

Intel® HD Graphics 620

On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.

MaxxAudio

To give you great sound across music, movies, voice and games.

Weighs 5.18 lbs. and measures 0.9" thin

Balances portability and screen size, so you get a respectable amount of viewing space without the laptop being too cumbersome for practical portability. 4-cell battery.

Bluetooth 4.0 interface syncs with compatible devices

Wirelessly transfer photos, music and other media between the desktop and your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone or MP3 player, or connect Bluetooth wireless accessories.

1 USB 3.0 port maximizes the latest high-speed devices

Also includes 2 USB 2.0 ports to connect more accessories and peripherals. USB 3.0 port is backward-compatible with USB 2.0 devices (at 2.0 speeds).

HDMI output expands your viewing options

Connect to an HDTV or high-def monitor to set up two screens side by side or just see more of the big picture.

Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer

Supports SD memory card formats.

Wireless network connectivity

High-speed wireless LAN built into the screen, so it connects to your network or hotspots on the most common Wi-Fi standards in both laptop and tablet modes.

Built-in HD webcam with two microphones

Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Skype or other popular applications.

Basic software package included

Trial of Microsoft Office.

KEY FEATURES

Intel Core i3-7100U processor-2.4 GHz, 3MB cache (2.8GHz Max Turbo Speed)6GB DDR3L SDRAM system memory1TB SATA hard driveTray load DVD drive10/100 Fast Ethernet, Wireless-AC15.6" HD Intel HD Graphic

SPECIFICATIONS

SKU

DE168EL0FI3K4NAFAMZ

Product Line

Apex Street

3000 series

Weight (kg)

Colour

BLACK

Display Size (inches)

Hard Disk (GB)

Internal Memory(GB)

CPU Speed (GHz)

Processor Type

Intel Core i3

Operating System

Windows 10

Display Features

HD

Features

Touchscreen

Product warranty.

https://www./dell-inspiron-15-7th-gen-intel-core-i3-2.4-ghz-6gb-ram-1tb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-10-black-6683062.html
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by daamazing(m): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Perfect. It has a nice screen size and viewing angle. Good storage (a terabyte), decent graphic processor and nice speakers. Go for it!
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
daamazing:
Perfect. It has a nice screen size and viewing angle. Good storage (a terabyte), decent graphic processor and nice speakers. Go for it!

Thanks buddy! grin grin grin
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
daamazing:

Had to do a whole lot of soul searching for close to 3months b4 settling down to this.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Lovetinz(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
It will be worth half what you paid for it by this time next year.
Buy a used laptop with the same specs.

The secret of wealth is letting others pay for what you use, in this case, let the original buyer pay for it and pick it up after it has depreciated in price,
If you can do it with a car, why can't you do it with a laptop?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Finstar: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lovetinz:

The secret of wealth is letting others pay for what you use, in this case, let the original buyer pay for it and pick it up after it has depreciated in price,

The main reason why people like me usually run away from fairly used product is because, most them them can turn out to be a pain in the ass.. If you get one that's cool, you're lucky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by daamazing(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
lebete3000:

Had to do a whole lot of soul searching for close to 3months b4 settling down to this.
Wow! 3 months, That's a Lotta time. what I'll like to chip in is that since it's touchscreen, it's gonna be flexible so you'll need to be careful. It's dell anyway means it'll be very strong.
#team_dell wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by iXavier: 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
You didn't put the price, you might get better options if you put how much you're willing to spend
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
iXavier:
You didn't put the price, you might get better options if you put how much you're willing to spend

That's why I pasted the link there which directs one to Jumia where I lifted the specs from. You'll see the price there.

And Pls stop trying to convince me to buy a fairly used laptop, there are things I buy fairly used and Laptop, phones and other electronics aren't one of them!

When it comes to cars my lowest standard is tokunbo and not even Naija used. That's my standard and I keep to it. I use my stuffs long time till they either wear out or get stolen or missing, hence the reason I go for brand new which gives me peace of mind.

So pls stop trying to change a mind that's already made up, cos if you get my drift so far, you'll see the futility in it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
daamazing:
Wow! 3 months, That's a Lotta time. what I'll like to chip in is that since it's touchscreen, it's gonna be flexible so you'll need to be careful. It's dell anyway means it'll be very strong.
#team_dell wink

Thanks for your input bro, was almost tempted to go for Lenovo not until I read reviews about them with people having terrible experiences with it.

Dell has fared better tho under critical review.

I know they do last long and that's a key feature I'm looking for in a laptop.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Finstar:

The main reason why people like me usually run away from fairly used product is because, most them them can turn out to be a pain in the ass.. If you get one that's cool, you're lucky.

Just go for the new one already.... I also want to get but I can only afford 100k own
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
iXavier:

Oh sorry for the earlier post bro, I thought you were the same guy Lovetinz trying to convince me to get a laptop above.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
BoboKush:

Just go for the new one already.... I also want to get but I can only afford 100k own

Now you're talking, what I'm getting is simply 165k, so it's not like it's a far cry from a 100k, and I always cherish brand new to fairly used.

It depends on what you're using your laptop for, but if I were you, I'll go for an atleast 120k brand new laptop with peace of mind and some sense of pride.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lovetinz:

There are things I buy fairly used and Laptop, phones and other electronics aren't one of them!

When it comes to cars my lowest standard is tokunbo and not even Naija used. That's my standard and I keep to it. I use my stuffs long time till they either wear out or get stolen or missing, hence the reason I go for brand new which gives me peace of mind.

So pls stop trying to change a mind that's already made up, cos if you get my drift so far, you'll see the futility in it.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Finstar: 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
BoboKush:

Same here bro.. Budgeting N100k own too..
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 5:57am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Now you're talking, what I'm getting is simply 165k, so it's not like it's a far cry from a 100k, and I always cherish brand new to fairly used.

It depends on what you're using your laptop for, but if I were you, I'll go for an atleast 120k brand new laptop with peace of mind and some sense of pride.

Which model do u av in mind for that 120k.....av been trying ma best for good one tho na 100k I get for naw
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 5:58am On Dec 22, 2017
Finstar:

Same here bro.. Budgeting N100k own too..

Which brand n model.... Do u av in mind
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:02am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Which model do u av in mind for that 120k.....av been trying ma best for good one tho na 100k I get for naw

Just check laptops on Jumia and you'll see variations.

You need to know what you need in a laptop b4 you get one, except you just wanna show the world you've got a laptop.

Google can help you out in knowing the specifications cos you seem to be a newbie in laptops.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Just check laptops on Jumia and you'll see variations.

You need to know what you need in a laptop b4 you get one, except you just wanna show the world you've got a laptop.

Google can help you out in knowing the specifications cos you seem to be a newbie in laptops.

Lol.... Nt really newbie I av idea of what I really want.... Which is the best operating system in laptop
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:12am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Lol.... Nt really newbie I av idea of what I really want.... Which is the best operating system in laptop

Lol...the most common in Naija now, that's Windows...your questions funny oh, it's either you're a tech guru or a newbie, but can never be mid-class.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 6:16am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Lol...the most common in Naija now, that's Windows...your questions funny oh, it's either you're a tech guru or a newbie, but can never be mid-class.

components such as processor, hard drive, RAM and graphics chip can confuse even notebook aficionados
LOL.... I mean to ask the CPU processor.... Intel... Amd etc.. I don't really know which is better around that 100k price
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Finstar: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Which brand n model.... Do u av in mind

Definitely hp.. As for the specs, that I don't know yet.. That's why I came around the computer session lol, to get an idea.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

components such as processor, hard drive, RAM and graphics chip can confuse even notebook aficionados
LOL.... I mean to ask the CPU processor.... Intel... Amd etc.. I don't really know which is better around that 100k price

Well what's better depends on what one wants as I mentioned earlier. A 100k brand new laptop will at best get you a Celeron 1.6Ghz processor unit with possibly 4G RAM & 500Gig Hard drive. Nothing so spectacular or confusing about all these except one is a newbie.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

And Intel processor of the above details is the commonest....

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Well what's better depends on what one wants as I mentioned earlier. A 100k brand new laptop will at best get you a Celeron 1.6Ghz processor unit with possibly 4G RAM & 500Gig Hard drive. Nothing so spectacular or confusing about all these except one is a newbie.

Saw hp 255 Amd A6 processor 2.6Ghz also saw one with Celeron n nt amd so I don't knw which is better..... That why m here
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Thanks
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

You would be interested in this https://www.nairaland.com/4106680/hp-probook-640-g1
Trust me, its in perfect working condition. I am selling cuz i got a new laptop.

PM/send sms/call, we would talk better. Its worth it.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

You would be interested in this https://www.nairaland.com/4106680/hp-probook-640-g1
Trust me, its in perfect working condition. I am selling cuz i got a new laptop.

PM/send sms/call, we would talk better. Its worth it.

I'm buying new not used
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Hmm for 100? Can you recommend any product you have found for this price.

I know how searching your a laptop can be. I got a new laptop this year Acer's Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM. Mehn the struggle was real, i searched for over a month.

I was just looking for an affordable laptop with keyboard backlight and good specs, omo i couldn’t get any with sensible specs for anything less than 240k.

Anyways i also share your bias regarding fairly used laptops but its better and safer if you know the history of the laptop eg buying from the initial owner directly instead of Computer village boys.

Remember once you buy a brand new laptop immediately you pay for it, 50% of the value you paid for it is lost automatically. You don’t even have to wait 3 months lol.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

I'm buying new not used

Hmm brand new for 100k? Please lets know the product and spec, you finally settle for.

Just an advise though, you have the final say; we are in 2017 don't buy a Celeron with a merger 1.6Ghz processor.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hmm for 100? Can you recommend any product you have found for this price.

I know how searching your a laptop can be. I got a new laptop this year Acer's Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM. Mehn the struggle was real, i searched for over a month.

I was just looking for an affordable laptop with keyboard backlight and good specs, omo i couldn’t get any with sensible specs for anything less than 240k.

Anyways i also share your bias regarding fairly used laptops but its better and safer if you know the history of the laptop eg buying from the initial owner directly instead of Computer village boys.

Remember once you buy a brand new laptop immediately you pay for it, 50% of the value you paid for it is lost automatically. You don’t even have to wait 3 months lol.

I don't buy my stuffs with the hope of resale, I buy with the mind of giving out to loved ones when I want to upgrade, that's why I go for brand new.

Only those with resale mindset go for fairly used.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Saw hp 255 Amd A6 processor 2.6Ghz also saw one with Celeron n nt amd so I don't knw which is better..... That why m here

You mean you saw a 2.6Ghz processor for 100k? Then that can't be brand new, it's definitely fairly used, London used or refurbished.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation / Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) / Dell Latitude E6410 Intel Core I5 For Sale At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.