Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (3785 Views)

Please Which NEW Laptop Should I Go For? / New Laptop For Sale / NEW LAPTOP ARRIVALS. THREAD UPDATED!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Gadgets are more expensive in other parts of Nigeria than Lagos no doubt about that.

Yes, you can check out stores. When you get there tell the sales attendant to get off your back cool scrutinize the Specs of the desired laptop for as long as possible. If there is any defect you can always stroll into the same store, shouting “Where is the manager!!” grin

Second option, this is what I usually do. Found out the lowest price in Naija and the cost of product plus shipping after conversion.

Depending on the foreign site you buying from, wait patiently for promo periods grin (eg 50% off). Get the desired laptop from the official site if you can using “Mall for Africa” or any shipping partner you trust.

Option two has become a sort of habit for me, even upto socks and inner wear, i ship am lol.

Was actually redirected to Amazon from the ACER website where I saw the price but conversion to Naira will be 140k, was scared it may be fairly used product cos the price of Jumia states 165k. I know shipping and all is a factor to also consider tho.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Was actually redirected to Amazon from the ACER website where I saw the price but conversion to Naira will be 140k, was scared it may be fairly used product cos the price of Jumia states 165k. I know shipping and all is a factor to also consider tho.

Shipping n tins can add a good 40k on the price though. Download the Mallforafrica app and run the simulation to know how much you need to pay to the last kobo and still check stores around your location.

My fear is Jumia allows every Tom, dick and harry to sell without minding the authenticity of what they sell.

If the product is bad, their return policy is a big headache for me. you would fight and drag with Jumia and the seller.

Quick story
Last three weeks ago, i bought toner from them for the printer i use at home; Hp P2035 printer. The despatch rider landed with it, as i open am na so ink start to pour for my body cheesy #RefurbishedCatridgeOfLife.

I had already given the rider the bulk of the money, i went in to get N200 change to complete the money, my mind just said i should test it. Na so i come out changed to the ink-man thanks to the fake product.

I dragged with the rider for 2hours, baba said i should follow the return policy. Snap the product and wait for their reply after God knows when. Trust me i no allow the okada man move. For 2 hours we called the seller, his Oga, his oga’s oga until he gave me my money and left.

They no need tell me again before i use leg waka to better store to buy my toner.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Shipping n tins can add a good 40k on the price though. Download the Mallforafrica app and run the simulation to know how much you need to pay to the last kobo and still check stores around your location.

My fear is Jumia allows every Tom, dick and harry to sell without minding the authenticity of what they sell.

If the product is bad, their return policy is a big headache for me. you would fight and drag with Jumia and the seller.

Quick story
Last three weeks ago, i bought toner from them for the printer i use at home; Hp P2035 printer. The despatch rider landed with it, as i open am na so ink start to pour for my body cheesy #RefurbishedCatridgeOfLife.

I had already given the rider the bulk of the money, i went in to get N200 change to complete the money, my mind just said i should test it. Na so i come out changed to the ink-man thanks to the fake product.

I dragged with the rider for 2hours, baba said i should follow the return policy. Snap the product and wait for their reply after God knows when. Trust me i no allow the okada man move. For 2 hours we called the seller, his Oga, his oga’s oga until he gave me my money and left.

They no need tell me again before i use leg waka to better store to buy my toner.

Lol, that's really crazy, here's what I got from them which is still quite affordable for me.

What do you think?

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Quick story

I just really hope they're brand new, you no see sey I even add bag join am sef!

Jumia has been disturbing me to come and collect my laptop oh!

I say I no want again cheesy
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Lol, that's really crazy, here's what I got from them which is still quite affordable for me.

What do you think?

Hehehe you are on your way to becoming an Importer, Exporter grin

Its almost the same price as Jumia plus you are directly buying from the source.

Check if you can get a better deal in the stores around you (this i doubt though). If you can be wait patiently for a month for delivery go for it. (sometimes the delivery dey fast mehn; 2 weeks e don land)

Left to me, i would go with it. Plus they have a pick-up centre in Kano. This way i am very sure there wont be any deviation in terms of spec. Cuz small details can differ depending on its country of origin (eg UK, US, Dubai).
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hehehe you are in your way to becoming an Importer, Exporter grin

If you don’t get a better deal in the stores around you and you can be wait patiently for a month go for it. (sometimes the delivery dey fast mehn; 2 weeks e don land)

Left to me, i would go with it. Plus they have a pick-up centre in Kano. This way i am very sure there wont be any deviation in terms of spec. Cuz small details can differ depending on its country of origin (eg UK, US, Dubai).

Yeah I saw the Kano pick up location....but I've just browsed about them on Nairaland with some peeps writing some funny reviews about MFA oh, they saying MicoStar Mall is better....I'm just confused ryt now meen.

Abeg let's relate better on whatsapp. You can send me ur digit via this mail medicedoh@gmail.com as I don 4get the email I take open this nairaland account.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hehehe you are on your way to becoming an Importer, Exporter grin

Its almost the same price as Jumia plus you are directly buying from the source.

Check if you can get a better deal in the stores around you (this i doubt though). If you can be wait patiently for a month for delivery go for it. (sometimes the delivery dey fast mehn; 2 weeks e don land)

Bro it's even far cheaper than Jumia sef, can't you see I chose the option of buying the laptop that comes with a a leather laptop bag?
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Yeah I saw the Kano pick up location....but I've just browsed about them on Nairaland with some peeps writing some funny reviews about MFA oh, they saying MicoStar Mall is better....I'm just confused ryt now meen.

Abeg let's relates better on whatsapp. You can send me the digit via this mail medicedoh@gmail.com as I don 4get the email I take open this nairaland account.

MicoStar i haven't heard of them would check it they are cheaper on my next order. I have bought personal stuffs worth over 350k through MallForAfrica this year though. Their app is user friendly, i wanted to try ShopToMyDoor one time. Omo i was confused.

Yes they fit delay small, but if they no deliver las las they usually return my money. I dey para for them well well, they sabi me for their office grin

Alright boss, would send an email.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Email sent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New HP Laptop For Sell 4GB Ram / Top Secret( Glo,mtn,zain)don't Want You To Know About Your Phone Caller Id / Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.