Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) (41023 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / President Buhari Meets Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2017
obailala:
Bro, leave all these needless and watery conspiracy theories. This isnt the first time Nigeria is facing a fuel scarcity and Dangote only started his refinery in 2014. The problrm is that we have soooo many greedy Nigerians who would stop at nothing to sabotage Nigeria's progress just for their own little profits; you can start with the NUPENG who started a strike 2 weeks to Christmas (when they know their services are most needed). The list also trickles down to petroleum marketters and distributors from the top down to the filling station owners who always sabotage supply at these periods in order to make more profits.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2017
Osgee:

I thought they said GEJ was clueless.
Now they are faced with the real cluelessness and have gone super dumb!

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:20am On Dec 22, 2017
Blame NNPC and Oil minister for the scarcity.

Our people do not know how to process future projections.

Out of the 5 Christmases we celebrated under GEJ, there was sufficient fuel in all. Great performance by Madueke.

Let me tell Baru how to avoid fuel scarcity. Nigeria has a figure or import quota that satisfies monthly fuel needs as a country. In the month of October, double your imports, in the month of November, also double your imports. You will have much fuel waiting for discharging by december.

It is almost 3 weeks i have not purchased fuel. The last fuel i purchased was at a price of N160 prr litre. That is callled forcasting. I will drive it till next week. If i had known, i I would have even purchased twice that amount and will be needing fuel in January.

All inside fuel tank.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by VERDA: 10:20am On Dec 22, 2017
sureheaven:
There have bn fuel scarcity during festive period especially December time over ten years. So people should shut their mouth up. The fuel marketers have decided to hoard the fuel and the law enforcement agency do nothing than to go to them and take their own chair from them thereby leaving the masses to suffer. So people should stop blaming pmb when we are the problem of ourselves

It is you who should shut up.....I thought Buhari was voted in to change things,who else should be blamed?was Jonathan not also blamed then....nonsense talk from a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Johnrake69: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2017
bluetrails7:

It stretches beyond scarcity, i sense there's a deliberate attempt to ensure refineries do not work until Dangote's refinery is completed. I stay close to the area the refinery is been constructed and there's massive haste, over 200 trucks of sands are been loaded since 5 months now, over 5 million bucks is spent, if you see the haste in which the refinery project is under-going you would sense something's up. Main while the national refineries that the Petroleum minister promised would be fixed within 2 years of power has been relegated to the abyss. You can imagine !

Less not forget, the cement industry was killed in similar fashion deliberately !

Cc : Salamrushdie

Supersystems

By the time his refinery is done Nigerians will buy PMS at double the price in the international market. Cement is the perfect example. I pity Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by selfmade22: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2017
#EndBuhariNow

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by chiscolin101(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2017
Hi
3 plots of dry land at clay bus stop Oregun road behind juli estate with deed of conveyance for #90m asking price
Good for mini estate, school, hotel, church: call 08169830998

6 Plots of land at Alagbole
For #18m only for all.
In a good location
Deed of conveyance
Direct from the owner
Call me: 08169830998
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by babajeje123(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2017
Abbeysunday:

Datz d divrenx.....Nigerians trust buhari,take it or leave it....Hez a man wit integrity honor and d best president nigeria has ever had...Hez just one man how cud he do it alone?? As holy as jesus was during his lifetime dia were stil betrayals in his discipleship
Only those who enjoy 'suffering & smiling' lifestyle still trust that failure.
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by calyto: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2017
I'm sure you were in a hurry to respond so you didn't bother reading sir.

In GEJ's era, there was subsidy(meaning the marketer pays some and government pays some)
In Buhari's era, there is NO SUBSIDY(meaning the marketer bares the cost. in other word, the government have detached themselves from oil importation except that they act as regulators)

So why exactly do you want these people that you quoted and labelled as hypocrites to react?
Are you saying that the government should start importing products? And store in which gantry?Who monitors?

bluetrails7:

Irrespective of the eras, analytics are available that should make provision for such requirements especially in a time like this. So isn't it still a case of inefficiency, afterall marketers in a GEJ era, also had private interests and ensured availability of feul was affected by their interests.
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2017
Johnrake69:

By the time his refinery is done Nigerians will buy PMS at double the price in the international market. Cement is the perfect example. I pity Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2017
calyto:

I'm sure you were in a hurry to respond so you didn't bother reading sir.

In GEJ's era, there was subsidy(meaning the marketer pays some and government pays some)
In Buhari's era, there is NO SUBSIDY(meaning the marketer bares the cost. in other word, the government have detached themselves from oil importation except that they act as regulators)

So why exactly do you want these people that you quoted and labelled as hypocrites to react?
Are you saying that the government should start importing products? And store in which gantry?Who monitors?

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2017
horsepower101:
Notice how nobody ever mentions the name of the current minister of finance or blames her for anything?

Now compare it to how many threads that was opened daily attacking Ngozi okonjo Iweala during jonathan's administration.

Instead of talking too much why don't you just start the criticisms na
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by ivandragon: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2017
there was no 'scarcity' per se under GEJ...

what happened was that importers refused to offload their PMS cargoes due to the reluctance of GEJ to pay what he felt were dubious claims of FX differentials/interest of N200 billion...

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/04/fg-faults-n200bn-subsidy-claims-by-oil-marketers/

rather than support the GEJ administration which had earlier agreed & begun to clear a backlog of about N2-N3 trillion, the then opposition APC put more pressure on GEJ, making him agree to terms/conditions he shouldn't...

now, the major difference between GEJ & pmb is that GEJ NEVER DECEIVED Nigerians on the subsidy issue despite APC's narrative to the contrary...

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/01/nigeria-announces-removal-petrol-subsidy

it was GEJ that exposed subsidy fraud, it was GEJ that exposed & arrested some subsidy fraud cabal members.

pmb on the other hand apart from being clueless & useless, prefers to tell lies & play underhand games with Nigerians in the belief that he has an army of rascals to call upon if things go awry...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I wss sad when I found out Jonathan built more power plants than all previous leaders combined and its a fact because I looked it up myself yet its strange he never spoke about it even during the campaigns

Even federal roads.

Fashola praised him when he saw the data.

Add rails.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by menwongo(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I wss sad when I found out Jonathan built more power plants than all previous leaders combined and its a fact because I looked it up myself yet its strange he never spoke about it even during the campaigns
Because silence is golden

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Gombs(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2017
obailala:
There are over 180million Nigerians but yet you're only interested in what some people who tweeted against govt in the past have to say today.

Dont you have hands?

Is there any juju tying your own fingers from tweeting yours today?...

Shift abeg...I wan pass

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2017
bishopkay:
Imagine price of petrol at 300 naira! Well I've always been a critic of this government and I've never believed in them; that's my solace. So as I pay the bitter price for the foolishness and myopia of my fellow countrymen I pray they don't repeat the same mistake twice!

Any sane person alive would never touch buhari with even a 30ft long pole. That man makes failure look simple and interesting And he's not even bothered about it! I await the pigs, zombies and sophisticated people who forced this man on us to come and tell us how the market isn't yet deregulated and crap... Bunch of senseless people
>Lol at the bolded. Savage!

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2017
obailala:
[s]Minus the insults, the point the guy you quoted made was in response to the people ignorantly asserting that "there was never fuel scarcity in the past but people removed gej, and now there's scarcity.[/s]"
u don lick bubu stinking hairy ass this morning?

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by PastorAji(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2017
shocked

Where is

Sarki
NgeneUkwenu
Madridguy

Nairaland......... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by kaytolee(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2017
SCAM ALAT
OJEDELE KOLAWOLE 3065315157 first bank 07038956730 ABOVE ACCOUNT NUMBER AND PHONE NUMBER BELONG TO EBERE HE IS A SCAMMER CLAMING HE IS SELLING DATA,RECHARGE CARD....BEWARE OF HIM....RBC TO EVERYONE
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2017
Johnrake69:

u dey mind d senseless idiots? leave dem bro, dem go buy PMS @500naira/litre

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by bigpicture001: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
It so sad that many of the posts up there are filled with insults and sentiments.

Nigerians have a right to criticize both the past and present administrations for the different fuel scarcities they have experienced.

Are you expecting me to apologize for criticizing GEJ just because the same situation is happening now?

...no one ask u to apologise ma guy. the only thing we need is for you to show your a man of justice,fairness and unbias..if u know the rate at which u spit venom,then to criticise the leadership, then spit it again,cus things still haven't change,otherwise go hide ur head in shame and tell ur children, u were a fool!

4 Likes

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by calyto: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2017
There we go again.
Why are you jumping from here to there?
How can anyone learn something new if he/she just keep digressing from one topic to another?
Just read what you wrote again and tell me how it is related to the subject of discussion.

Are you saying that government should coerce major marketers to import products
Or that government should take their role and start importing prodcuts?
What exactly is your point?

bluetrails7:

Solarin headed a department and fraud was committed under his leadership. Who took the fall for it?
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
It so sad that many of the posts up there are filled with insults and sentiments.

Nigerians have a right to criticize both the past and present administrations for the different fuel scarcities they have experienced.

Are you expecting me to apologize for criticizing GEJ just because the same situation is happening now?

Thank u very much sir.Jonathan failed,and buhari failed us woefully,so whats the point here.have never believed in Buhari administration from day one,but that doesn't means i should spare jonathan for his failures...if u people thinks people aren't complaining then maybe u havent been watching.we voted jonathan out,and come 2019,we shall also vote buhari out
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Feb 2012, Sept 2012 and May 2015. Brainless monkeys are already trying to force it down our throats that there were never fuel scarcity in that administration.

Pls, any pained monkey can go and screw itself elsewhere because I don't talk to monkeys let alone the brainless ones.
mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2017
obailala:
There are over 180million Nigerians but yet you're only interested in what some people who tweeted against govt in the past have to say today.

Dont you have hands?

Is there any juju tying your own fingers from tweeting yours today?...
mtcheeeeeew!!!! What a sycophant

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2017
Gombs:
It would really be nice to know if some of these Twitter handles are asking PMB the same questions today.

Our hypocrisy is legendary.

Lalasticlala... Please do the needful

Going by the date/time stamps on each post we can see there was fuel scarcity February , May and September ( and I'm guessing it's the same year ) , I think Buhari's regime is still better in that respect. More so the scarcity during this regime isn't so prolonged in each case , that can not be said about Jonathan's regime
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Feb 2012, Sept 2012 and May 2015. Brainless monkeys are already trying to force it down our throats that there were never fuel scarcity in that administration.

Pls, any pained monkey can go and screw itself elsewhere because I don't talk to monkeys let alone the brainless ones.

Ah, welcome back!

Quite sure you didn't look in the mirror when typing this, else you wouldn't use the word "monkey". A word that aptly describes you.
I see your paymasters have renewed your data subscription. Christmas package, right? sad

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by MakIBK(m): 11:03am On Dec 22, 2017
Naija Politics is a Ponzi Scheme #i no fit shout.
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2017
frankyychiji:
Ahaahn! And he finally crawls out of hiding!
How hot was the pit BMC?

The hottest part of hell awaits all who took part in foisting this wicked lying government on Nigerians!!

#EndBuhariNow

Jonathan's regime was wickeder ( pardon my ninglish )
Re: Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) by seguno2: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2017
aolawale025:
Somehow People have been ALLOWED themselves to be cowed into silence.

I hope that you don’t mind the above adjustment to your beautiful response?
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos / Presidential Villa Empty On Buhari’s First Day At Work / Raliat Amope AbdulRazaq Celebrates Her 90th Birthday In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.