Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,277 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun (11792 Views)

Passengers Groan As Return Air Tickets Climb N500,000 On Monopoly Routes / Commuters Groan Over Gridlock On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Construction Resumes / Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Realsman405(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Samuel Awoyinfa
Abeokuta

Commuters travelling on both intra and intercity routes in major cities in Ogun State, groaned on Friday, as commercial vehicle operators increase fares virtually on all routes, due to the current scarcity of the Premium Motor Spirit popularly know as petrol.

The increase on the both intra and intercity routes ranged between 50 and over 100 per cent.

A trip from Sango-Ota to Abeokuta which hitherto costs between N300 and N400, saw the commercial drivers charging commuters between N700 and N800.

Transport fare from Mowe to Abeokuta that used to be N400 had jumped to N1000.

Also from Sagamu to Abeokuta, the transport fare had jumped from N400 to N800.

A commuter, Mrs Kemi Olawale, who travelled from Mowe to Abeokuta for a social function on Friday told our correspondent that she paid N1,000.

She lamented that it was not easy to pay that additional N600, she called on the Federal Government to intervene and do something in solving the fuel scarcity.

She said, “From Mowe, we used to pay N400 to Abeokuta, but this morning it has increased to N1,000 due to fuel scarcity.

“Paying that extra N600 is not easy. And for a return trip, that is additional N1,200. This is too much.”

Also Mr. Lekan Adewoye, who came into Abeokuta from Abeokuta from Sagamu, also gave a tale of woes.

He said despite that he had to pay N800 for a trip that should be between N300 and N400, he had to scramble at the terminus with other passengers to secure a seat.

He said, “Despite the fact that I had to N800 for a trip that hitherto cost between N300 and N400, I had to scramble for a seat with other commuters at the terminus in Sagamu. For how long will this suffering continue?”

Also Alhaja Aminat Hussein told our correspondent that she paid N700 for a trip from Abeokuta to Ilaro.

She said the trip before the fuel scarcity costs between N300 and N400.

“It is not easy having to pay extra N400 for a trip that is less than an hour, ” she lamented.

Commuters travelling on intra-city routes such as Brewery to Oke Ilewo, Oke Ilewo to Kuto, and Pansheke to Kuto among others also suffered fare increase of between 50 and 100 per cent.

Meanwhile, long queues were seen in many filling stations in the capital city, Sango-Ota, Ifo and Ijebu Ode among others.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/fuel-scarcity-commuters-groan-as-transport-fares-increase-in-ogun/amp/

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Aieboocaar(m): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
It will be shameful to still see any person supporting this clueless jihadist president of ours.

Dullard from the tribe of Daura
Failed as a president!!!
Failed as Petroleum minister!!!
Failed as a cattle rearer!!!!
Probably failed In the oza room affairs!!!.

I can't wait for 2019!!!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by binsanni(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
good

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by three: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
Sad

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by brainbox2018: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
I believe that someday, Nigeria will be great

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin wetin concern me, my generator dey use water but as light no come dey to pump water, I Don pack am for one corner until after Xmas. APC!!!!!! Una Fada

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Chevronstaff: 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Dear Nigerians, Please, please, please get your voter's cards ready. If you don't have one (and you are eligible), go and apply for and get one. We NEED to teach some people a lesson or two in 2019...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by nony43(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Permit me to copy this. To those still supporting this government, I would say they are the true enemies of Nigeria !!!! I dare say we are the ones undoing ourselves. Imagine an illiterate on the street convincing an educated person that an illiterate 78 years old man is better than an educated 54 yrs old PhD holder.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by jaychubi: 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Is expected
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by DaudaAbu(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Is dat Kachikwu i saw on queue?

I need 25ltr fuel oohhh, my tank is empty.... mayb bread and beans will do the magic
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by PointZerom: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by pgidex(f): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Abuja to Lagos is #14,000 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by infoservant: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Honestly, this fuel scarcity issue is too bad

In other news, check my signature/profile, visit my blog to see latest job vacancy, business tips etc

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
If our VP can use power bank, who are we?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by maxiuc(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Abuja to owerri

Via ABC transport

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by three: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
This one promised Buhari that if he fails he will vote him out in 2019.

But he's still undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Afonjas feeling the heat but can't attack Hausa-Fulani. They are suffering and smiling. Have you noticed they haven't attacked Buhari? Had this been GEJ in power, my goodness, they would have tribalistically destroyed him. Wicked little demons

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by EmekaBlue(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin where is za d minister of petroleum?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by joystickextend1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
come to ibadan and see real hike cry

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Fadiga24(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
It is the Yoruba muslims that are suffering from fuel scarcity that will log in and start defending Buhari.

My God who did this to these people?

18 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
brainbox2018:
I believe that someday, Nigeria will be great

My father said that also, when he was a teenager! angry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by buJu234: 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Why is buhari not addressing the nation sef?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by dhardline(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
2019 we need to #purgethesystem every polician currently holding office must be booted out and replaced with younger competent hands. We the youths have the number...we can do this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by bedspread: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari fuel problem... JUST LIKE RAPTURE.... EVERYONE IS FEELING IT........EVERYONE WILL FEEL IT.....
LET the People get Ready...... JESUS IS COMING TO PICK HIS OWN OUT OF THIS WICKED WORLD....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Olril18(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
Realsman405:
Samuel Awoyinfa
Abeokuta

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/fuel-scarcity-commuters-groan-as-transport-fares-increase-in-ogun/amp/

and someone will now tell me that I should vote APC in 2019 because Osinbajo is my Yoruba brother,like if Osinbajo being VP has make my life easier than before...

no way I'm voting APC in 2019,and I know I'm speaking for more than a million Yorubas too..

demonic and useless party.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Unpredictableme(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari is an embodiment of failure and will continue to be a wanderer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by kings09(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari oo. Two times he has had d chance, twice he has failed.

Wat a monumental failure of a man

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
More reason why God will punish that Fulani cow in the Aso rock.. The mor0n has only succeeded in bringing more hardships to the citizen of this country.

Buhari is all shades of incompetence and total failure right from his reign as a Military president up till date.

Well what do we xpect from an illiterate whose school certificate was a point of argument and controversy when he was running for the presidency in 2015?

That should have been a warning sign for Nigerians then, buh unfortunately not and Alas, this idiot ended up becoming the president..

Buhari and your cohorts, may it never be well with you all...

Iseeee..... angry

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by kings09(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
Liondeleo doesn't see it as shameful. Infact its propaganda
Aieboocaar:
It will be shameful to still see any person supporting this clueless jihadist president of ours.

Failed as a president!!!
Failed as Petroleum minister!!!
Failed as a cattle rearer!!!!

Probably failed In the oza room affairs!!!.

I can't wait for 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by dontbothermuch: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
Why this suffer on our people.

Do our leaders understand we are human beings?

The same human beings you see in Switzerland, Norway, Canada, Iceland & Denmark.

Countries with and without much mineral resources.

I pray we get there some day.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Aieboocaar(m): 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
kings09:
Liondeleo doesn't see it as shameful. Infact its propaganda

the MoFo is simply doing the job assigned to him as BMC crew member!!!

Their stipend is paid monthly based on how many post on nairaland they defend clueless politicians!!!
undecided

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun by Harrynight(m): 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari has succeeded in killing the masses and the enabling business environment with his inimical and unavailing policies, his incapacitations and his incompetency.He should resign As XMAS GIFT to nigerians if he has a sense of empathy for Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London / Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway? / Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.