Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Help!! Business Or School? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!! Business Or School? (9993 Views)

Business Or Building A House / Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Business Or School? by brosthink: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
I'm in a crossroad in making a decision that may make or mar my future. Due to some financial difficulties in my family my parent said i should go and serve apprenticeship 'nwa boy' popular among the igbos and after serving for like 6 to 7years my master will settle me depending on how i serve him and will begin a business of my own, but at the same time i still have interest in school and whichever way can support and finance myself through school this argument has lasted for a week now and i don't know which way to go.

Pls NLders i need your opinion and advice on this will really appreciate with the comments

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Chykeboss(m): 4:19am On Dec 23, 2017
is a complicated issue try and discuss with your pastor if it still dosen't work out just follow ur heart. my 1cent. may the force be wit you

modify : to all nairalanders quoting me i think am entitled to my post. quick survey LIKE for biz SHARE for school

5 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by iliyande(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2017
We need money to go to school
after school we use our certificates to look for money

We need money to start up a business
A strategic business set up brings more money grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Amberon11: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2017
School. Nwa boy is slavery. Never be a slave. Go to school. I know it's difficult for your family but by all means try everything possible to go to school. While at school put your hands in anything (not illegal) that can give you money.

We had this neighbour who has had so many nwa boys. He never settles them. He always beats them with chains and the last one ran to my house for shelter after the man left bruises all over his body. So far we have known about 5 that left him just within the space of 2 years.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2017
Take the business but make sure it's a good master who will settle you. Education is way overrated in Nigeria.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by DrXavierCage(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2017
This may sound clichè, but follow your heart, figure out what you really want.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by jamex93(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2017
it's better you learn a trade (hand work) than to serve any master in expectation that he will settle you with fund to set up your self after years or service.

learning work will cost you less time and stress
in 3 to 4 years you should be ready to stand on your own, depending on wat you learn

after which you can decide to enrol for sch( if u still think you need the certificate)

Education is over rated and not given proper place in this our country

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by ladyF(f): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2017
Certificates are overrated. Since you don't have money now, go and start work, except you want to be sitting at home jobless. You can figure out a way to school part-time when money starts entering.

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Greatmind23: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2017
go for schooling your Buisness must worth #20m above for you to compete with the edu graduates at their job if you don't have that don't have that much combine both ways go for a poly or part time and do your biz just get any certificate then pray for connection n.a. the way

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2017
Hmm

Is it possible to do both? I won't advise you Give either up ..apprenceship is an experience that can't be bought .sha you learn you can never learn in even the best business schools on the world
If I had your opportunity I would c how to combine both .Igbo men succeed in businesses due to this as a factor .
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by LadyD91: 9:49am On Dec 23, 2017
My dear, if not for the situation of the country today l would have said go to school as there is much prospect in schooling.

But if u have no politician as a backup when u are done schooling. Biko enter business oooo

7 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by dplordx(m): 9:51am On Dec 23, 2017
Almost twenty years as a business man. The stress will tell on your health and it will strain your entire life. You will be having several sleepless nights, competitors will be after your customers and life, and lenders will hound you the way they are hunting Innoson. And don't forget the tax men... Especially in Lagos, you pay land use charge, local government tax, LASAA charges, LIRS yearly taxes, and there other association fees you pay all the time. It's as if the Nigerian economy is anti business, and I still don't know how young people can make a break even. I hear you mention MTN and GLO and Dangote, the truth is, I'd you probe the depth of the fiances of these business, you'd know it isn't a one man show. Their invests are senators, governors, ex presidents and current leaders. Please Stay with school. You could even become a politician if you end as a civil servant, or maybe end up running a parastatal or becoming a CEO. You have less stress and you can easily jump ship if the current company you are working for is sinking. Business is insane in Nigeria. Too many forces against you.
Please don't waste 20 something years as I have. My younger brother with a PhD is currently the head of language faculty in Atiku's university. Guy makes about half a million monthly and currently owns several properties in Ogun and Lagos while I'm still struggling to pay workers salary. Worrying about maintenance of my factory equipment, worrying about getting fuel for the buses and trucks, and cursing my mechanic and made that a new competitor is opening opposite me. Maybe you are cut for it... Anyways, A word is enough for the...

18 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by IronPants: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2017
Lemme see
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by KingLennon(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2017
Don't allow anybody tell u that school is over- rated bro. School is the best thing that can happen to a man's life. If there's how you can struggle and go to school do so pls. If u can't, go and learn a trade; it's still part of learning

3 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by manuelfolarin(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2017
Chykeboss:
is a complicated issue try and discuss with your pastor if it still dosen't work out just follow ur heart. my 1cent. may the force be wit you
wetin consign pastor for dis matter now?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by wyqay: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2017
if i say you should choose school how do you sponsor you education.go for business and later you can still go to school

4 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2017
Chykeboss:
lol...some pple self eehh. i wonder wetin una dey take ds pastors as. u didn't even say take it to God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by arTiculaTe01: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2017
What is business without school? The outstanding skills set you will need to run a good business is better gotten from school from serving as 'nwa boy'. Moreover, prospects are better and a successful life is more guaranteed if you go the school way. But in a country like naija, who knows?? angry I wanna resign from my current job and be a manager of a fuel station... Any vacancies?? shocked undecided
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by michlins(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2017
Guy business sure pass. Go nairaland jbmob section and see if you can handle the lamentations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2017
my bro do business.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Oye0404(m): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2017
As much as we feel cert in Nigeria is not always d way, I think Education is still d key. since u have d desire why not, don't be forced into anything in life.
Go to school man Nd also lay ur hands on some legal biz in skul. all d best as u decide
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Sunnymatey(m): 9:56am On Dec 23, 2017
Guy go for bizness u can see ursef thro school latter. I had an NCE, B.Ed with a paid job but wat is surviving me today is bizness. My salary in a month is not up to my sales in a day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Oxster(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2017
Hmm,,firstly how old are you?

Moreover every thing we do is only flourishing by God grace
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by FlyoruB: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2017
brosthink:
I'm in a crossroad in making a decision that may make or mar my future. Due to some financial difficulties in my family my parent said i should go and serve apprenticeship 'nwa boy' popular among the igbos and after serving for like 6 to 7years my master will settle me depending on how i serve him and will begin a business of my own, but at the same time i still have interest in school and whichever way can support and finance myself through school this argument has lasted for a week now and i don't know which way to go.

Pls NLders i need your opinion and advice on this will really appreciate with the comments

Go to Business School where you'll be exposed to techniques, strategies and invaluable insights on how to position yourself and your business into becoming an empire, rather than remain some small player. My two cents. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by manuelfolarin(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2017
Anyone who advises you to go to school is capable of murder! grin

6 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by nonxo007(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2017
Part time
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 23, 2017
Go For Business! The Reason Why We Go To School is To Come Out Make Money... Be Wise!
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by sirBLUNT: 9:59am On Dec 23, 2017
take education..been educated is one of the best thing that could be ever happen to a man trust me bro no matter how rich you are without education you will still feel empty somehow without education,ask obj he just got his phd at NOUN why do you think he went back to school despite all the wealth and how powerful he is its about prestige he wants to be respected he dosen't want to be seen as an illiterate in the society with no formal education...but remember dont go to school with the mentally that you want to be rich after graduation but go because you want to be educated,because when you're educated then trust me only the sky can be your limit...this is my 2cent i just love school and i believe so much in the power of knowledge i wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by wwwtortoise(m): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2017
Chykeboss:

Pastor kwa?

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by minasota(f): 10:02am On Dec 23, 2017
Look for a hotel job around your location,Apply as a waiter or waitress those guys make much money.be focused save as if there is no tomorrow pick a jamb form......thank me letter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by olamil34(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2017
business oooo, owo ni koko

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by manuelfolarin(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2017
Oye0404:
As much as we feel cert in Nigeria is not always d way, I think Education is still d key.
EDUCATION WAS THE KEY, BEFORE THE PADLOCK WAS CHANGED

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Native, Agbede Owns Biggest Black Engineering Firm In The US / What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? / How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.