Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account (4129 Views)

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account / 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Noneroone(m): 12:31am On Dec 23, 2017
Innoson: GTbank In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Bank Accounts

Abuja – Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) on Thursday put up desperate moves to calm customers who were aggrieved over the arrest of Innoson Motors’ boss, Innocent Chukwuma, from closing their accounts.

Many aggrieved customers of bank stormed the branches of the bank in Abuja requesting their bank accounts be closed.

Many others were seen transferring their deposits to other banks.

But the banks requested some aggrieved customers to officially write and wait for the bank’s response while the bank’s staff were seen speaking one-on-one with others.

Some who requested for fund transfers were told that the “network was down.”

Speaking with some of the customers, they blamed GTbank over the arrest of Chukwuma by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission.

INDEPENDENT correspondent who visited many of the branches following threats of closing their accounts on social media saw long queues.

The customers were told at the Customer Service Section of the bank to apply to their account officers and wait for response while those wanting to make inter-bank transfers were told to either wait or come back the next day.

A miffed customer in one of the branches engaged one of the Customer Relation Officers (CRO) on a heated debate asking why he should apply.

“Why should I apply?” he asked in a loud voice with support from other customers who were queuing to make the same application.

“It’s my account so I want it close now, now! And don’t send me any alert again after today,” he boomed.

When approached why he was ending his relationship with the bank, John, as he could only identify himself said, “The bank owes Innoson billions of naira but they are using EFCC against him.

“They don’t want to pay; that is fraud. They are committing fraud and using government against Innoson. We won’t allow that.”

One of the CROs when approached said, they are just doing this out of anger adding, “They might regret it later.

“It’s not their problem; it’s an issue that would be resolved in the court of law. I wonder why they are angry,” she said hiding the name tag on her chest.”

At the Wuse 2 branch, the queue extended outside with the security finding it difficult to control the crowd.

One of the customers who spoke in Pidgin English said, “Any person who wants to bring down Innoson would go down first.

“I am here to show solidarity with my brother, Innocent Chukwuma. GTbank will fail.

“Innoson has won the bank in many court cases so they want to use EFCC so that he will forget his money. That won’t work,” he thundered.

Another customer who volunteered to speak said he had transferred millions to another bank. He also said the wife who had travelled would do same as they were ready to move their domiciliary accounts as well.

Inside the banking hall, the aggrieved customers were seen chatting and discussing the Innoson case with the bank and why EFCC was involved.

When INDEPENDENT approached a middle-aged man said to be the branch manager, he declined to comment, urging our correspondent to write an official letter to Lagos.

Innoson Group has been engaged in serious court cases with GTbank. It accused the bank of being indebted to the auto manufacturing company to the tune of N8.5 billion in a series of damages stemming from illegal service deductions by the bank. An initial fraud case brought against Mr. Chukwuma was withdrawn earlier this year.

https://independent.ng/innoson-gtbank-desperate-move-stop-customers-closing-bank-accounts/

the news was accessible when i retrieved it.
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Sprumbabafather: 12:32am On Dec 23, 2017
This is what happens when a business providing financial services try to use Agbero tactics to settle genuine business conflict with their important customers.

If GTB could bite Innoson, they will swallow smaller customers without pity.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Cjrane2: 12:41am On Dec 23, 2017
Now that the facts are clear

1. GTB withdrew N500 million from INNOSON"S account and claimed it was an "error"
2. GTB agreed to pay back the money at 22% interest
3. GTB then reneged on their promise and went to court twice and lost
4. GTB accused INNOSON of forging documents, yet could not produce the said forged documents and claimed the register for the transaction mysteriously got "burnt"
5. GTB continued to withdraw money secretly from INNOSON"s account and now the total debt to the customer is now almost N8 billion naira.
6. GTB claimed they were not in a finacial postion to pay the money, offered INNOSON shares in the bank and then withdrew the offer
7. GTB resorted to thuggery by using EFCC to bundle INNOSON as a criminal from his home just to intimidate him.

From the above, it is clear your money with these banks can be pilfered and if you catch them they will find ways to intimidate you.

GTB must pay INNOSON his money and stop making this a tribal issue.

INNOSON and many Igbo business men made a mistake to bank with a rogue institution like GTB

#Boycott GTB and better transfer your money to a safe bank or soon it will be your account that they erroneously deduct N500 million and send EFCC after you to intimidate you after robbing your account.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by letusbepieces: 12:46am On Dec 23, 2017
#BOYCOTTGTB CONTINUES

8 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by BudeYahooCom: 12:46am On Dec 23, 2017
When EFCC asked him to go home due to pressure, he refused to go home and rightfully asked to read the petition against him and be told his crime. Till now EFCC have not told the accused why he was bundled gestapo style from his home even after slapping his wife.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Noneroone(m): 12:48am On Dec 23, 2017
APC chieftain wants gtbank's licence withdrawn

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/apc-chieftain-wants-gtbanks-licence-withdrawn/

another news disappears from link. Gtb is desperate

2 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Sprumbabafather: 12:48am On Dec 23, 2017
My fear is, if people leave their money on this bank and they take this huge fall if Innoson wins? How could depositors recover their money again?

6 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by HeyCorleone(m): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2017
Lol.
GTBank can't understand what hit them.

8 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by modik(m): 1:00am On Dec 23, 2017
Could this be the reason why *737# has been unavailable for the past weeks on airtel platform??
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by dunkem21(m): 1:18am On Dec 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:22am On Dec 23, 2017
Like Igbos and lies.

I remember the ipob days when they’d come with countless lies grin

3 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by omololu2020(m): 1:23am On Dec 23, 2017
This innoson case can never lead to the collapse of gtb
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by omololu2020(m): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2017
dunkem21:
I told GTB to keep away from media comments that would affect them grossly..

While we are busy giving it a tribal color, competitors are fanning the embers relentlessly and scooping the deposits.

It's unfortunate.
forget all this,gtb will stand gallant

3 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:24am On Dec 23, 2017
Cjrane2:
Now that the facts are clear

1. GTB withdrew N500 million from INNOSON"S account and claimed it was an "error"
2. GTB agreed to pay back the money at 22% interest
3. GTB then reneged on their promise and went to court twice and lost
4. GTB accused INNOSON of forging documents, yet could not produce the said forged documents and claimed the register for the transaction mysteriously got "burnt"
5. GTB continued to withdraw money secretly from INNOSON"s account and now the total debt to the customer is now almost N8 billion naira.
6. GTB claimed they were not in a finacial postion to pay the money, offered INNOSON shares in the bank and then withdrew the offer
7. GTB resorted to thuggery by using EFCC to bundle INNOSON as a criminal from his home just to intimidate him.

From the above, it is clear your money with these banks can be pilfered and if you catch them they will find ways to intimidate you.

GTB must pay INNOSON his money and stop making this a tribal issue.

INNOSON and many Igbo business men made a mistake to bank with a rogue institution like GTB

#Boycott GTB and better transfer your money to a safe bank or soon it will be your account that they erroneously deduct N500 million and send EFCC after you to intimidate you after robbing your account.

Which Igbo businessmen? They’re Ibo traders.

A Yoruba Bank made a mistake of helping and financing innoson.

GT Bank better take hold of innoson if innocent doesn’t pay back his debt.

4 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:25am On Dec 23, 2017
dunkem21:
I told GTB to keep away from media comments that would affect them grossly..

While we are busy giving it a tribal color, competitors are fanning the embers relentlessly and scooping the deposits.

It's unfortunate.

I support GT Bank cool
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by ladyF(f): 1:31am On Dec 23, 2017
Hmm.... This one no consign me sha, no money inside any akant sef. I'm more worried about my bitcoin wallet grin
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:42am On Dec 23, 2017
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2017
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2017
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:51am On Dec 23, 2017
Osucoward:

These are your sources? cheesy

Click and see. You can hide the articles on the newsites but the internet never forgets.

3 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:56am On Dec 23, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:

Click and see. You can hide the articles on the newsites but the internet never forgets.

Click and get virus on my computer? No thanks.

Trust me, Yorubas will never forget.
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:57am On Dec 23, 2017
Osucoward:

Click and get virus on my computer? No thanks.

Trust me, Yorubas will never forget.

It's google cache. Stop making a fool of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 1:59am On Dec 23, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:

No thanks. Ipob and lies grin
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by stonemasonn: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2017
This time next year we'll be alive to see if GTB falls or not.
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Masterclass32: 2:49am On Dec 23, 2017
They didn't expect the backlash.

3 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by jamesibor: 4:08am On Dec 23, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Lol.

GTBank can't understand what hit them.

By the time they understand, they'd be 6 feet below the ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by jamesibor: 4:12am On Dec 23, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:

The osucoward doesn't even know what Google cache is. Inteleshual indeed grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by proeast(m): 4:46am On Dec 23, 2017
This is serious, I have to pull my money out of the bank ASAP!

1 Like

Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 5:03am On Dec 23, 2017
jamesibor:

The osucoward doesn't even know what Google cache is. Inteleshual indeed grin grin grin

Does that console you? undecided
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 5:05am On Dec 23, 2017
proeast:
This is serious, I have to pull my money out of the bank ASAP!

I know 8 people who just closed down Zenith bank to open GT Bank.

I still stand with GT Bank.

GT Bank is institutionalized in several African countries. You noisemakers can take out your fanyogo kobos. grin
Re: GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account by Osucoward: 5:05am On Dec 23, 2017
Masterclass32:
They didn't expect the backlash.

We expected it because we know Ibos are clannish. Same thing happened with Ifeanyi Ubag wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earthen Catfish Pond, No Sorting; How Do One Minimize Loss. / Stanbic IBTC Partners Lagos State On Lekki-epe International Airport Project / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.