Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,688 members, 7,801,983 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) (39188 Views)

Chidi Adimabuah: Get Free Business Promotions / Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by jamesibor: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2017

Meet Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolo, 18-year old PhD Student

18-year old Biomedical Engineering PhD student, Nkechinyere Ogbolo dropped by our office to talk about her journey, and what’s next after the release of her debut book, “Tales of an Uber minor in college.” Here's how our chit-chat session went.
More21 Dec
“Does she have two heads?” Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolo is that kind of child who parents would use as a reference when advising their own kid, because she has proven to be a whiz-kid. At 18-years, Nkechinyere already has a Chemical Engineering degree from Howard University, Washington D.C, and is presently a PhD student at the University of California.

The depth of her accomplishment piques the interest of many. How did she do it? What inspires her? How has her journey been so far? These questions and more were answered by Nkechinyere in her debut book “Tales of an Uber minor in college,” which was launched in partnership with GTBank at the Muson Centre on the 19th of December, 2017.

Recently, Nkechinyere dropped by our office to talk about her journey, and what’s the next big thing she’s working on. Here’s how our chit-chat session went;

Congratulations on the successful launch of your new book “Tales of an Uber minor in college.” What is the driving force behind your success, which you have channelled into this book?

The driving force behind my success has been my support system, most especially my parents. My mom has always been there for me and she was the one who suggested I compile my story into a book to possibly inspire people that have doubts about achieving the same or similar things I achieved because they don’t have the privilege background that other people have.

Nkechi and some students at GTBank YouRead Initiative

What’s the one message you want young people to take from your book?

Information is a weapon and it’s up to you to use it, so as long as people don’t have access to information they are unlikely to do well. It’s important to have mentors and people in your life who will be your support system and it’s equally important to have a connection and relationship with your parents so they could help guide you. In situations where your parents are barely around, you can find other people within the community that will be your support system. If I can be that support system that will, of course, be great.

Has writing this book changed you in any way?

While writing the book, it dawned on me how much I’ve changed since my freshman year in college. Seeing my growth on paper was interesting. I don’t think the person who wrote the book is the same person I am today. Sometimes, I read it and say to myself, I wrote that? Did I have to tell everyone my business like that? (laughs).

You are a chemical engineer graduate currently doing your PhD in medical research and now you’ve added author to your feather. This raises that popular question we are asked in our younger years “What do you want to be when you grow up?”

(laughs) I do plan to do medical research long term. I’ll also have a lot of things to do on the side, I’m going to have a foundation to help young people empower themselves, there’s probably going to be a musical journey too because I do want to sing as well. There are a few other things but the main thing will be my medical research.

What are your other interests and passion outside your academic pursuits?

I love to sing. Singing makes me happy. I have a karaoke app on my phone that I use to sing whenever I want to de-stress. I also love to watch movies especially K-dramas, Korean movies are my favourite!

You’ve said Information is a weapon. What other topics and issues do you hope to tackle in your future books?

I’m hoping to tackle inequality, for people not to neglect other people in other positions because that can result in frustration and anger. That’s something my mom is very passionate about. I also hope to change the mindsets of people who think they can’t achieve something or get to a certain place because they feel they are lacking something. I want them to know they need not create a ceiling over themselves. Their dreams and goals are possible.

GTBank is committed to talented young individuals like Nkechinyere Ogbolo and to that regards is giving out her book to thousands of young people for FREE. Kindly mention someone, in the comment box, who needs to be inspired by this amazing book.

https://635.gtbank.com/2017/12/meet-nkechinyere-chidi-ogbolo-18-year-old-whiz-kid/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by chuks000(m): 6:50am On Dec 23, 2017
Lol...damage control 101

Modified
I think this is my highest number of likes since fp history�

295 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2017
grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Nwodosis(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2017
We can't live in denials that tribalism and his elder sister corruption can never be uprooted in our country! Others banks will capitalize on the feud between Innoson Chairman and GTB to demarket GTB when wooing the Igbos for business.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by ceezarhh(m): 6:52am On Dec 23, 2017
other banks right now...

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by ripbubu: 6:52am On Dec 23, 2017
GTBank rewards Traffic Wardens across Nigeria

To redeem their lost image... They are going down down down

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by jamesibor: 6:55am On Dec 23, 2017
ceezarhh:
other banks right now...

Fidelity already cashing in.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by nrexzy: 6:55am On Dec 23, 2017
GTB ain't shit...... This is tribal war

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Masterclass32: 6:57am On Dec 23, 2017

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2017
Bunch of Illiterates up there..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by donneco(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2017
I dont really have issues with people making mistakes, but i detest it when they make the same mistake over and over again.
GTB should try not to stir another bees hive, not just amongst the igbos, but all ethnic groups in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by meccuno: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by jamesibor: 7:01am On Dec 23, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Illiterates!

E pain am.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by raker300: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2017
Afonjas wishing that gtb will show them love also

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by stonemasonn: 7:04am On Dec 23, 2017
Fidelity bank seems to be the beneficiary of this poo right..

Lets wait for next quarter's performance of the banks.

1 Like

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by jamesibor: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
Fidelity bank seems to be the beneficiary of this poo right..

Lets wait for next quarter's performance of the banks.

Fidelity is a small bank that has carved it's own niche and is doing well in it. They are not in competition with anyone outside their turf.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by horsepower101: 7:08am On Dec 23, 2017
The Jews in America are only 2 percent of the population BUT they have learnt how to use their economic power to get whatever they want from U.S. government and private sector.

It is time for Ndigbo to start using their economic power in Nigeria to their own benefit. We have turned the other cheek enough.

Former American Secretary of state; Henry Kissinger (An American jew) called Igbos the Jews of West Africa. He saw something in them that he immediately recognize within his own people.

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Skyfornia(m): 7:36am On Dec 23, 2017
This sh!t is getting interesting...anyway, I never liked GTbank, one time I summoned courage to open an account with them, walked into one of their branches and the customer care officer was rude. I collected their form and used the paper to cover a hole in my apartment.

47 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by defashan: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2017
horsepower101:
The Jews in America are only 2 percent of the population BUT they have learnt how to use their economic power to get whatever they want from U.S. government and private sector.

It is time for Ndigbo to start using their economic power in Nigeria to their own benefit. We have turned the other cheek enough.

Former American Secretary of state; Henry Kissinger (An American jew) called Igbos the Jews of West Africa. He saw something in them that he immediately recognize within his own people.

Jews control businesses and multinational corporations? They are into I.T., manufacturing, Banking and Finance, Top entertainment industries, military hardware and above all politics.

Do ibos control multinational corporations, Do they control businesses? I’m not talking about a man opening his small store at Alaba or ladipo otherwise I’ll be comparing Jews to Asians ‘off license’ shop just around the corner or his kebab shop!!, are ibos into manufacturing? I don’t mean copying and coupling fake goods at Aba.

Are ibos controlling the banking industry in Nigeria let alone Africa? The corporate headquarters of fidelity bank and diamond can not compare to a branch of GTB?

Ogundes, Jacobs were doing big things in the cinemas and Hollywoods ‘reel time’ when the Edochies and ozokwos were learning how to speak.

Do ibos manufacture military hardwares? No, an aboki from the north can teach a UNN physics professor how to couple a few wires to make a big bang...fact. Have you heard of Defense industry Corp? It’s in kaduna. They make all sorts of weapons. Can an ibo man fabricate a reliable pistol that can fire continuously without burning the firer?

Are ibos good in politics?

What exactly are ibos good at? Sports? No you are not. Don’t start with football cos you are dead on arrival. Boxing? Your last hero was Dick Tiger, bless him. Yorubas rule in boxing. Fact...Joshua, google it and tell me one Ibo man who can be brave enough to square a Yoruba man in a proper duel.

Table tennis?? Which ibo man can handle a bat?

You always shout ‘this is not 1967’. When the python csme down, it swallowed your dilektor and his piglets. Has any of you made any noise since then? Where are your ‘gucci’ f rags’.?

Where are your rabbis? Buratai used them to make his suya and rabbit stew.

All you people should just shut up.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by jamesibor: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2017
defashan:

Jews control businesses and multinational corporations? They are into I.T., manufacturing, Banking and Finance, Top entertainment industries, military hardware and above all politics.

Do ibos control multinational corporations, Do they control businesses? I’m not talking about a man opening his small store at Alaba or ladipo otherwise I’ll be comparing Jews to Asians ‘off license’ shop just around the corner or his kebab shop!!, are ibos into manufacturing? I don’t mean copying and coupling fake goods at Aba.

Are ibos controlling the banking industry in Nigeria let alone Africa? The corporate headquarters of fidelity bank and diamond can not compare to a branch of GTB?

Ogundes, Jacobs were doing big things in the cinemas and Hollywoods ‘reel time’ when the Edochies and ozokwos were learning how to speak.

Do ibos manufacture military hardwares? No, an aboki from the north can teach a UNN physics professor how to couple a few wires to make a big bang...fact. Have you heard of Defense industry Corp? It’s in kaduna. They make all sorts of weapons. Can an ibo man fabricate a reliable pistol that can fire continuously without burning the firer?

Are ibos good in politics?

What exactly are ibos good at? Sports? No you are not. Don’t start with football cos you are dead on arrival. Boxing? Your last hero was Dick Tiger, bless him. Yorubas rule in boxing. Fact...Joshua, google it and tell me one Ibo man who can be brave enough to square a Yoruba man in a proper duel.

Table tennis?? Which ibo man can handle a bat?

You always shout ‘this is not 1967’. When the python csme down, it swallowed your dilektor and his piglets. Has any of you made any noise since then? Where are your ‘gucci’ f rags’.?

Where are your rabbis? Buratai used them to make his suya and rabbit stew.

All you people should just shut up.

Yes, we are not good at anything. Can you now let us go and have our Biafra?

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by sotall(m): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2017

Imagine charging 80-100 to transfer from a GT account to another GT account, same service that was 20 naira two weeks ago.

GT bank is fraud....there are no two ways about it

32 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by great664(m): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2017
Damage Control... After rewarding Officers... Acting like our politicians

15 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by loadedvibes: 9:15am On Dec 23, 2017
Lol.. this na medicine after death. This bank that is fond of stealing our money.. Now them they use am help phd student nawa o

24 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Dee04(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
Una never start to de pay for wetin una do..it's not everything you do that you can eat away with..

23 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Joseunlimited(f): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
Doing it to cover your shit

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by ODVanguard: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
jamesibor:

Yes, we are not good at anything. Can you now let us go and have our Biafra?

And is Gtbank or Yoruba people the ones stopping you people from getting your Biafra?? I didn't know that Yoruba people were this powerful. Na slaves I know wey dey beg for freedom. lipsrsealed undecided

BTW, Gtb has always been a grassroots bank, if they weren't, they wouldn't have given the likes of innoson and nestoil credit lifelines in the first place. You people are just a bunch of petty, attention-seeking and whiny louts.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by cescky(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
angry

Ayiwa...money has changed hands btw gt and nairaland

Quantinue oo..seun you and your weak business strategy...if you want to last better take a que from Dangote...how many times do you see him showing favoritism...and while your at it.. increase the font of nairaland..The size irritates and is bad fo the eye

Lame Pr moves..Gt have lost face already

8 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
Damage control at work.
Igbos are formidable and united now.
We love each other, treat one of us badly and feel the heat and wrath.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by darkenkach(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2017
Lol, nice try.

4 Likes

Re: Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) by Omofunaab2: 9:18am On Dec 23, 2017
Amarabae:
Damage control at work.
Igbos are formidable and united now.
We love each other, treat one of us badly and feel the heat and wrath.

Who gives a fook about you nonentities and if you are united or not?

Gtbank has always been supporting students across all tribes over the years...

Which bank can rival Gtbank at the moment? Gtbank is the best bank in Nigeria, your hatred won't deter its progress

30 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Celebrates As Nigeria Defeats Iceland (Photos) / Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue / Little Girl Who Hawks Groundnut Dances Zanku & Shaku Shaku To Entertain Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.