Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,004 members, 7,803,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Jesus Do In This Case? (25633 Views)

What Did Jesus Do? / What Would Jesus Do / Which Jesus Do You Believe (concerning Atonement)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
A young man who was tired of living, decided that the best thing for him was to take his life. He was about to commit suicide, then he remembered what his mom use to say "Repent and come to Jesus and He will give you a new life". He thought to himself, " Will Jesus accept me the way I am. I have lived a rough life, I have sinned greatly. My sins are so much that He might not accept me. If my parents will disown me, my siblings avoid me and no one loves me because of my evil ways, will He accept me?"

He decided to give it a try. He wore his best clothes, yet it couldn't cover up the tattoo that was all over his body. He got to a church he was once invited to years ago. He met two security men and a pastor in front of the church. He told them he came for prayers and he needed to talk to a pastor. The pastor said to him "My brother, this is a church, it is a holy place, we live holy lives, so we don't allow people with dreadlocks like yours, torn Jean and tattoo on the body". "Yes sir, that's why I came, because I need a new live" the young man said (tears almost dropping from his eyes).

The pastor replied "My brother, we are saying the same thing, our policy here does not allow such dressing". The young man concluded in his heart that God has rejected him as he cried back home. He got home and hung himself. He died.

So I was thinking, what would Jesus have done if he was the pastor? I think Jesus would have listened to him and say "My son, I was actually here waiting for you. I got worried because time was ticking. You came here because you heard me when I called. I know my sheep and they hear me when I call. Then Jesus would pray for him, preach the good news, baptize him and say to him "Son, your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more. Get some nice clothes, have a nice hair cut and follow my ways".

We are Christians because we are followers of Jesus Christ. It means Christ-like. Christianity means, people who live like Christ. So I think the Pastor is just a Pastor by title, he does not have Christ in him.Let us live like Christ because that's holiness.

John 10:14-16, Luke 5:32, Luke 19:10, Mark 2:17, 1 Timothy 1:15....

129 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by ifex370(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nice one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by marooh: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for d daily bread

9 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
Who's responsible for this section, please take this to the front page, let's learn and get contributions.

16 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2018
Good morning Children of God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 10:24am On Feb 17, 2018
Good morning people

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 10:13am On Feb 18, 2018
Happy Sunday.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2018
Good morning people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 7:33pm On May 21, 2018
Good evening
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Good morning people
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Stephanie22: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
Good epistle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JesusSonOfGod: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2018
cc:lalasticlala
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
f
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Mariangeles(f): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
The reason why most people are confused and judgemental is because they don't study their bible.
They only rely on what their pastors preach.
You have to study the WORD to avoid confusion, so in every situation, you'll know the right decision to make.
BE JESUS TO SOMEONE!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by TreasuredGlory: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
E
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by babyfaceafrica: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
nice one...too many church policies and doctrines are not helpful...... the most important thing a church should care about is salvation!!!!.. not money,tithes,dress and the likes...you can own the most populous church in the world..if none if your members make heaven.....you failed!!!!

9 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Liveair: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
I don't know if you people think before writing such stories about the so called "love" of Jesus - as if he had not yet become God when the boy was abandoned by his parents, forgotten by all and sundry.

If everything is orchestrated by him, then why appreciate his supposed gesture of "redemption" when it was his plan from beginning to take you through storms.
Again, if Satan is responsible for all the issues, who is responsible for creating Satan?

I dislike nonsense please!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by teamv: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
They should have allowed him sha but Jesus gave some people conditions before they could follow like the rich young ruler
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by thesicilian: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jesus never rejects anyone, he accepts all. It is men with no love in their hearts and who don't know God that rejects sinners based on outward appearances.

5 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Kendumazy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by pol23: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
We all have work to do.
We need to show the light in us and by that we can save the world with our genuine love and kindness.
If your neighbors show the light,there might not be a need of going to pastors.
We all have the same assignment with those pastors,but we all failed and the few ones are taking that advantage.

3 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Lexusgs430: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
If anyone is got Jesus's telephone number, I would love to ask him directly....

1 Like

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by killuminati(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pastors and offerings are like that Zuma pics grin
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by ugolinze123(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
daddy freeze is right after all...nobody cares about repentance anymore rather they preach prosperity and financial upliftment.. Nice one op

4 Likes

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Until we realise that pastors aren't gods and must not be given the place of God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by JADEK01(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
never go to a place where they lack Right knowledge of God....because if u do....both perpetual and victims will pay d same price....so in this case,the pastor,the parents and victims will pay d same price before our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Pentools(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hmmm this your comparison is vain and it's totally wrong for you to bring up threads as this, how does this contribute to salvation, u are asking what would Jesus do, does that make sense to you?

I pray you get the perfect understanding of the fact that putting Jesus on such trivial issue is wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Jesus Do In This Case? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
Today's pastors don't work in Jesus footsteps.

"My brother, this is a church, it is a holy place, we live holy lives, so we don't allow people with dreadlocks like yours, torn Jean and tattoo on the body"

Like what the pastors said here, it's very wrong. The church is actually for sinners. I mean, why else did Jesus come to this earth if it wasn't to save people like that. We've twisted Christianity soo much.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / Want 1Trillion Naira? Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.