Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (56374 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / FEIRE - A Romance Story / Jailbird Readers, I Brought You Episode 71 To Episode 92 (Click And Enjoy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by bimberry1307(f): 11:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks man, really enjoying it.
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Fazemood(m): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Such a wonderful story here man. Beautiful
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EFFE'S RESIDENCE - NIGHT.
Chris gets out of the taxi and pays off the driver.
He takes a deep shuddering breath for the umpteenth time as he stands and surveys Effe's residence.
The image of Steve hand all over Effe, his lips on hers, comes back to haunt him.
He grits his teeth and his hands ball up into massive fists.
He is so jealous and in so much pain that he feels a deep ache in his head like a migraine.
The security men recognize him this time, and they radio the house.
A moment later the bolts are drawn back and the small gate opens.
Chris enters the compound, and soon the main doors are opened by Ken Kedem.
KEN KEDEM
(smiling)
Hello, Chris. We haven't met since you came back. You are welcome.
He pumps Chris' hand effusively.
CHRIS
Thank you, Sir.
They exchange a few pleasantries as Chris follows him to the living-room.
Ken Kedem had been watching the GojuFist fight live on television, and when they enter Chris looks on the screen and sees the cameras zooming in on an elated Mike Crankson.
KEN KEDEM
(sadly)
Crankson knocked Wailer Vroom out. Third round... aha, they're showing the slow-up again. Watch!
On the screen Chris is now watching a slow motion of the knockout.
Wailer Vroom, shorter but powerfully built, is advancing on Mike Crankson, who is bobbing around with a contemptuous grin on his face, making no attempt to cover up.
Vroom Wailer suddenly throws a straight right, but Crankson is leaping into the air, turning in mid-air as his right foot comes round in a vicious turning kick.
The kick catches Wailer Vroom flush on the temple.
The older man wobbles and he begins to go down, already out of the fight.
Chris watches, sick to his stomach, as Crankson steps in and delivers a cruel blow into Vroom's kidneys.
The older man's mouth opens in a cry of pain, his eyes almost popping out of his head as he crashes helplessly to the canvas.
KEN KEDEM
(shaking his head)
I was backing Wailer. That Crankson is a cruel man. Someone needs to put him down!
CHRIS
He's younger, stronger, faster, more skilled. Wailer is old. I wonder why he took the fight in the first place.
KEN KEDEM
Wailer owns the IRON FIST GOJU CLAN. He introduced Crankson and trained him. Crankson used to fight for the IRON FIST, until Afful lured him away.
CHRIS
I see. So Wailer wanted to prove a point, and got badly beaten.
On the screen Afful and Steve and some other men are standing behind a jubilant Crankson.
The camera zooms in on Crankson as a fight interviewer thrusts a microphone into his face.
INTERVIEWER
Wow! Wonderful! Amazing! Incredible! That turning kick was quite a beauty, Mike!
CRANKSON
(laughing)
Vroom is old and as slow as a pregnant tortoise. He should stick to being a trainer. It was an insult for him to come out against me!
INTERVIEWER
You’re now undefeated in ten title defence fights, Mike. You have equalled the record held by Chris Bawa. Any takes on that?
CRANKSON
(chuckling)
Yeah, yeah, I've got takes on that alright. I've heard people saying that Chris is the best, you know. That's crap. In his time the fighters were old and inexperienced. I'm tired of hearing that all the time. Know what, I saw him in the corridor before entering the ring. I told him he has the option to meet me in a fight!
There is a sudden uproar from the audience. Ken Kedem looks at Chris suddenly.
INTERVIEWER
(excitedly)
Heeeey!! You don't mean it!
Jonathan Afful steps forward with a plastic smile on his face.
AFFUL
No, no, no! The champion does not mean it!
CRANKSON
(angrily)
What do you mean I don't mean it? You think I'm scared of that dude? I want Chris Bawa! He got ten undefeated title defence, and I've got ten. Now is the time to find out who's the all-time greatest. He's out of prison. Make that fight happen!
AFFUL
(uneasily)
Come on, Mike. That fight will never happen.
Mike Crankson snatches the microphone from the interviewer and approaches the ring.
He shouts loudly into the microphone.
CRANKSON
DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME FIGHT CHRIS BAWA
AUDIENCE
(in a massive voice)
YESSSSS! YESSSS! YESSSS!!!
Crankson smiles and turns.
He looks straight into the television cameras, and his face is zoomed in, and now it seems he is speaking directly to Chris through the television.
CRANKSON
Chris Bawa! Are you watching and listening? Are you man enough to face me in the ring? Come and let me show you how real men do it! If you stay away then we'll all know you're just a coward!
Chris turns away from the television.
KEN KEDEM
Chris? Are you going to take him on?
Chris shakes his head.
CHRIS
No, sir. I'm retired.
KEN KEDEM
That's guy is saucy, arrogant and a downright slowpoke. He has no respect for anybody. You can take him down a peg or two, you know.
CHRIS
No. It's over for me, Sir. Please where is Junior?
KEN KEDEM
Oh, yes. Come with me. He went to his room, giving me orders to call him as soon as you get here.
They both laugh as they ascend the stairs.
They enter Junior's room. He is lying on his bed, in his pyjamas, asleep.
Chris leans against the door jamb and looks at his son, and a deep love spreads over his pained face.
CHRIS
He fell asleep. It is late. Best not to wake him up. I'll see him tomorrow.
KEN KEDEM
No, no, Chris. That boy wanted to see you. He said even if he's asleep I should wake him up. I came to baby-sit. I'll wait a little while for Effe, and then I'll leave. You stay and baby-sit for a while too. I'm too old to be baby-sitting anyway.
Junior suddenly opens his eyes and turns on his stomach.
He yawns sleepily and rubs his eyes.
JUNIOR
(sleepily)
Daddishh.
Chris moves forward.
CHRIS
(tenderly)
I'm here, Champ.
With an effort, Junior sits up on the bed. He reaches under his pillow and brings out a little box wrapped in gift paper.
He holds it out towards his father.
JUNIOR
I called your phone early in the morning. I even told Mommy to send me over to you, but you were not around.
CHRIS
(gently)
Sorry, Champ. I went out for a while. My phone was off. But what is that? Is it a gift?
JUNIOR
(smiling sleepily)
I wanted to give it to you in the morning. That was why I was calling. Happy birthday, Daddy.
Chris stops suddenly, stunned.
CHRIS
What's today's date?
JUNIOR
Third of May, Daddy. Your birthday.
CHRIS
(hoarsely)
Damn.
Indeed it is!
Five years in prison and he has never celebrated his birthday.
No one had come to him, and no one has ever reminded him. He has almost totally forgotten about his own birthday.
It seems everybody has forgotten about his birthday too.
But not Junior. Not his son. He has never forgotten.
Ken Kedem shakes his head numbly as he sees the tears in Chris' eyes.
He sees the big man sitting down on the bed and taking the gift from the little boy.
He unwraps it, and sees a black box inside. He opens the box. Inside it is a beautiful silver watch.
JUNIOR
I was the first in my class, Daddy. I got hundred percent in all subjects except Twi. Mr. Abbiw, the headmaster, said he would give me a prize, but I told him my Daddy's birthday is coming up, and I needed a gift. He took me out and I selected that watch. Hope you like it Daddy.
Ken Kedem watches as the man silently slips the watch across his wrist.
He watches as Chris takes his son in his arms and kisses him on his forehead, and then he buries his face in his son's shoulder.
CHRIS
Thank you, Champ. I adore it!
JUNIOR
I love you, Daddy.
Chris tries to speak, but his emotions are choking him, and so he just holds his son tighter.
Ken Kedem, overcome by the blast of pity and passion assailing him, goes out quietly and shuts the door.

JAILBIRD continues

Read more here: www.youngicee.com

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EFFE'S RESIDENCE - NIGHT
Effe gets out of Steve's car, murmurs her thanks, and flees into the house.
She meets her startled father in the living-room, and he holds her as she tries to go upstairs.
KEN KEDEM
(anxiously)
Hey, hey, Princess. What's it? Why do you look so upset?
EFFE
(distressed)
I need to go upstairs, Dad. How's Junior? Is he asleep?
KEN KEDEM
(still concerned)
Yes, he's fine. But what's it? Why are you so stressed out?
The door opens and Steve comes in, looking stressed-out himself.
STEVE
We had a little misunderstanding, Mr. Kedem. She's angry I kissed her in public, and I'm trying to convince her to marry me because I can't wait any longer.
Mr. Ken Kedem looks from one to the other, and then he shakes his head, exasperated.
KEN KEDEM
You two should be matured enough to solve your problems without behaving like a pair of kids. Well, I'm off now. Good night.
EFFE
(softly)
Thank you, Dad, for looking after Junior. My greetings to Mom.
She makes a move to see him off, but he points a finger at her.
KEN KEDEM
I can see myself out, Princess. You solve your misunderstanding.
He goes out, and he has almost driven for ten minutes before he realizes that he has simply forgotten to inform Effe that Chris is in Junior's room.
He takes out his phone and calls her, but she does not answer.
As he drives he keeps on trying to reach her on the phone.
When they are alone Steve approaches Effe, and his eyes are dark.
STEVE
Come on, my love. For how long is Chris going to be between us?
EFFE
(angrily)
For as long as you allow him to! I would've been okay if you had kissed me because you wanted to! But you kissed me because you wanted him to see it! That is calculated, Steve, and I don't like it one bit!
STEVE
(hissing with fury)
So what if I did? That guy has refused to sign the damn divorce papers. What's wrong with making him see we're in love and we want to get married? What do you care if he sees us intimate if you don't love him anymore? Or you do? Do you still have feelings for him?
Effe's hands are balled angrily at her sides, and her eyes are fuming, but she holds herself in check, and sighs tightly.
EFFE
Steve, you better leave. You're pushing me to the wall, too hard, and I don't want to ride with that fury.
She turns and races upstairs past Junior's room straight to her bedroom.
Steve pours himself a drink and goes to the kitchen for some ice cubes.
He takes off his coat and necktie as he returns to the living-room area.
He is convinced that Chris' return is making Effe get cold feet, and he doesn’t like it one bit.
She had been his, and Chris took her away from him. He is not going to lose her a second time to that beast.
Slowly he climbs the stairs, and when he gets to Effe's room he realizes that she is in the shower.
Yes, this is it.
They have never made love.
At first it had been because she wanted Chris to sign the divorce papers, and when Steve had eventually pointed out that the divorce was official, she had told him she wanted them to get married before making love.
Well, that is going to change. That nonsense will end right here, right now, tonight!
He loves her with all his heart, and he wants her to be his forever.
It is time to consume that love, and when that is done it will bring her mind around.
Quickly Steve sheds his clothes.
Wearing only his boxers, he empties his drink just as the bedroom door opens and Effe comes in.
She is wearing a fluffy bathrobe which is not belted, and he catches a glimpse of her incredible naked body before she drags the ends of the bathrobe around herself.
EFFE
(surprised)
Steve? Don't do this, please.
Steve approaches her, and she sees the fear and love and concern on his face.
StEVE
(desperately)
Come on, Effe, my love! Please! Don't do this to me! You know I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy! Just marry me, my love! Stop playing games with me!
She sees that the front of his boxers is distended with his erection.
She takes a tentative step back.
EFFE
(hoarsely)
Steve? I mean it. We'll make love when we get married-Not now, not like this.
STEVE
(breaking in)
No, no, my love! Now! Today! Not when you are looking this beautiful. I’ve watched and wanted you all night. I can't take it any longer! I love you, Effe! With every fibre of my soul! Prove to me you love me too. Be mine!
He catches her and draws her to him.
He clamps his lips on hers, kissing her feverishly. His breath is hot, laboured, frantic.
His lips trace a blazing path down her throat.
She knows that she cannot stop him now.
Maybe he is right. In the past, the thought of his hands on her had made her flinch. She has been with only Chris, and his love is etched in her soul.
She had never felt like giving her body to any man.
But Chris has trampled on her love. He has betrayed her, cheated on her and disappointed her woefully.
She has been trapped in the restraining web of his love.
She has denied Steve with the pretext that she wants to get married first, just to put off that moment of intimacy. She had thought she can love him, and accept him, but still she has not been able to crave him physically, not like the way her whole body had melted each time Chris put his hands on her.
Maybe, she needs to make it happen. She has to force herself to have another man, to experience a physical expression with Steve.
Maybe that will break the straightjacket hold of Chris on her.
Maybe that can make her stop lying to Steve that Chris has not signed the divorce papers... and finally give her the chance of knowing happiness with another man.
She kisses him back, forcing the image of that handsome jailbird out of her mind.
She runs her hand down, but she cannot bring herself to caress his manhood, not like the way she always grabbed Chris and guided him into her very core!
He is moaning now as his hands flick the bathrobe apart and his fingers feverishly dart over her skin, unsure, hesitant, disbelieving, seeking reassurance.
Effe closes her eyes to blot out seeing Chris’s face.
She is comparing Steve and Chris unconsciously.
Chris always knows where to touch to make her surrender!
Chris has fire and ice in his fingers. His touch always drives her screaming mad with wanton desire!
Steve is leading her to the bed, and she is walking backwards.
And then her phone rings.
It is the personalized tone she has saved her father’s number with.
She pushes him on the bed and stands back.
Steve pulls his boxers off, and lies naked on the bed, his erection an angry pole that is stabbing the air with anticipated malice.
He is panting, his desire making him look almost ridiculous.
EFFE
(softly)
It's Dad. Let me pick the call. I'll be with you in-
She is reaching for the phone when she hears Junior's loud shout, and she dashes towards the door with concern.
Steve hears it too, and he bounds off the bed and goes after Effe.
Effe comes out on the landing, races towards Junior's door and comes to a sudden stop, her face crumbling with consternation.
Her bathrobe is still unfastened, and she is completely naked underneath.
Steve comes to a halt besides her, naked, erection now beginning to wilt with dread at the sight of Chris.
Chris is standing in Junior's doorway, smiling, but when he sees his naked ex-wife and her new lover he looks into the room with a terrible pain on his face.
CHRIS
(sharply)
Stay there, Champ. Don't come out now.
Junior's happy voice comes from within the room.
JUNIOR
Is it Mommy? Is she back?
CHRIS
Yes, Champ. But stay right there. She'll be with you presently.
Effe cannot breathe.
She sees that Chris is trembling violently, and although he is trying so hard to sound happy for the sake of his son she sees the sudden sweat on his face, and sees how his soul is being torn out of his body.
He is a crushed man!
She pulls the robe around herself and ties the belt in a jerky movement, her horrified eyes suddenly filling up with tears.
EFFE
(choking)
Chris!
He cannot look at her.
His agonized eyes turn to Steve, and there is murder in the depths of his eyes.
Chris Bawa is a broken man.
Here they are, Effe and Steve, both naked.
Evidently they had been making love.
It is as if Chris’ heart is being forcibly torn out of his chest.
The torment.
The pain.
The agony.
The torture.
The horror!
He cannot breathe....he wants to tear Steve into pieces with his bare hands!
Life, at that particular moment in time, is hell.
For the very first time he wishes he had remained in prison.
Because life has suddenly become hell.
JAILBIRD continues

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by wizsolzy(m): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
kul story..nice write up.. more wisdom

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2018
The Jailbird Episode 29

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Steve sees the dangerous signs, and he knows just how violent and unpredictable Chris can be.
He turns hurriedly and runs into Effe's bedroom, shutting the door and picking up his boxers and shorts.
Junior cannot be held back anymore. He comes round is father and looks at his mother.
He holds up Chris' arm and shows the new watch to Effe.
JUNIOR
(excitedly)
Mommy! Look at the birthday gift I gave Daddy! I called him this evening and he came and I gave him the watch which Mr. Abbiw bought for me as my prize. Daddy loves his birthday gift!
Effe swoons.
She almost falls down.
Desperately she holds unto the banisters to steady herself.
May third!
Yes, Chris’ birthday!
Dear Lord!
She has forgotten all about it!
But their son hadn't forgotten. Of course, he will never forget.
CHRIS
(painfully)
Good night, Champ. Sleep bliss. Angels guard you!
Junior turns back immediately to his father, and grabs his thighs.
JUNIOR
Daddy! But you said you were going to read me a story and put me to sleep and...
His voice trails off as he notices the sadness on his father's face, and sees the agony Chris can no longer hold back.
JUNIOR
(his voice shaking)
Daddy? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?
Chris crashes on his knees and sweeps his son into his arms.
He holds him tight, and then his huge body begins to shake with abject misery, and then suddenly tears from his eyes fall on Junior’s face.
JUNIOR
(crying)
Daddy! Please stop! I don't want you to cry, Daddy! What did I do? Please stop!
With an effort Chris holds his son back.
The little boy reaches up and cleans tears from his father's face.
Chris forces out a smile.
CHRIS
(tenderly)
You've done nothing wrong, Champ. I'm just happy that I'm here, and you're here, and Mommy is here and it's my birthday, and it is just like the old days. Sometimes, when grownups are happy, they cry.
JUNIOR
(desperately)
So, they're happy tears?
CHRIS
(tremulously)
They're happy tears, Champ. Listen, I'll read to you and put you to bed another time. Right now I want to show this beautiful watch you got me to my friends.
JUNIOR
(smiling)
Wow! Yappity yappity yippeeee! You love it that much?
CHRIS
It's my most precious treasure, Champ.
Junior hugs his father suddenly.
JUNIOR
I love you, Daddy! I don't ever ever ever really ever ever ever want to see you unhappy because I really really truly truly love you!
CHRIS
(fighting back his tears)
Yeah, Champ, I love you too. So much truly.
He lets his son go, and without looking at Effe he descends the steps.
Effe scrambles forward.
EfFE
Junior, please wait for me inside. I want to see your father off.
Junior looks at his mother, and she sees that deep inside her son is still confused, and his eyes are questioning her.
JUNIOR
You got him a birthday gift too, right Mommy?
Chris is almost at the door now.
Effe is desperate. She kisses her son on the cheeks.
EFFE
(desperately)
I did, my jewel. Please go inside. I'll be with you in a minute.
She flies down the stairs, and her emotions let go, and her tears blind her.
She has seen death on Chris' face, death that has come about because his soul has died within him.
She clutches the door open and goes out.
The security men look at each other with concern when she goes out the main gates screaming.
EFFE
Chris! Wait! Please wait! Nothing happened, Chris! Please nothing happened!
But he is gone.
He is running like a madman through the streets, trying to outrun his pain, his misery, his bleeding heart!
Effe stands for a long time looking after him, trying to see his figure.
Oh, Chris, Chris, Chris!
Your first birthday outside, and what a birthday gift have I given you?
She wipes tears from her beautiful cheeks as she goes back inside.
Steve is standing in the living-room, fully-dressed.
Junior is standing on the landing, his shoulders down, his head downcast.
When he sees his mother he turns slowly and enters his room, shutting the door behind him.
Steve looks at Effe, and there is resignation on his face.
STEVE
(gently)
Effe-
She touches his arm, and moves past him.
EFFE
Good night, Steve. We'll talk tomorrow.
His jaw tightens as he stares after her, and then with a tight curse he turns and leaves the room.
Effe tries Junior's door.
It is locked.
EFFE
My prince! Open the door, please!
Junior's voice reaches her, muffled by the closed door.
JUNIOR
Good night, Mommy.
He is also hurting. Somehow, he has deduced that his father's 'happy tears' might not be happy after all, but might have been caused by his mother and her companion.
Effe turns with a sob and rushes into the room. She falls on the bed, buries her face in the pillows, and tears soon shake her whole body.
She knows that somehow, it is now finally over between him and the love of her life.
This was not the way she had planned it to end.
He has treated her worse, of course, but the last thing she wanted to do was hurt him like that, and she knows she has indeed hurt him badly.

JAILBIRD continues

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EYRAM'S RESIDENCE, BOYS QUARTERS
It is very late when Chris approaches the Boys Quarters.
He is still running.
He had ran from Effe's house all the way here, and he is out of breath.
His T-shirt is soaked and plastered to his skin.
He is breathing in wheezes, and his huge frame is still vibrating from the night's severe torture.
His porch is dark, and as he climbs the steps to the porch a dark figure detaches itself in the shadows and approaches him.
He can see in the dim sky light that it is a woman. He stops and frowns.
BAABA
(huskily)
Chris. It's me. Babs.
CHRIS
(coldly)
It's late, Baaba. What're you doing here?
BAABA
I've been waiting for hours, Chris. I came with a taxi because I didn't plan to leave, and I didn't want your sister-in-law questioning me. She returned a few minutes ago, and I stayed in the shadows so she didn't see me.
Chris walks past her and inserts his key in the door lock.
CHRIS
(brusquely)
Go home, Baaba, please. I'm not in a good mood this night.
She says nothing as he goes inside.
She follows him and kicks the door shut.
Chris rips his T-shirt off and kicks off his sneakers. He pulls his jeans down and his boxers follow shortly.
Naked and in emotional pain, he walks past her into the bathroom, gets under the showers, and turns on the ice-cold water.
He emerges forty minutes later, sure that she is gone.
She is not in the living-room. He locks the door and, still naked, pads into the bedroom.
Baaba is standing near the bed.
She has taken off her dress, and she is wearing only black panties and bra with her back to him.
He stops, and as he looks at her she slips one bra strap down her shoulder, and then the other one.
She turns the bra round, unclasps it, and lets it fall to the ground.
She hooks her thumbs into the edge of her panties, and then she pulls them down her hips and down to her feet.
She is bent over now, her incredible behind jutting out and up, the dark shape between her thighs sharply accentuated.
She stands up slowly and waits.
Chris shakes his head as he feels a sound like thunder in his head, taking his mind back.
Chris sees Effe!
He sees Steve naked, erection pointing to the floor as it wilts.
With a little moan of pain he bridges the distance between him and Baaba.
He clamps hot hands on her waist and pulls her into him. Her derriere is now nestling on his enraged manhood.
She arches her back, curls one hand around his neck, and offers her lips to be kissed.
BAABA
(passionately)
Make me a woman, Chris, please make me a woman!
His hot lips blaze down her neck and he nibbles her earlobes as his hands creep up and cup her firm breasts, his thumbs flicking her nipples.
She moans.
Chris steps back suddenly, his face tortured.
CHRIS
Damn it, Baaba! I can't! You need gentleness, but this night I'm savage. I can't do this to you. My soul is shattered, and I just want this pain to leave my heart. I’ll just be using you, and I’ve vowed never to do that to any woman ever again.
She turns fully into his arms, drags his head down and clamps her hot wet lips on his.
She kisses him fiercely, violently.
She takes his hand and slips it between her legs.
With a lost groan he caresses her inner core, and her body trembles as if she is in a gale.
Her hands are clamped on his erection, tugging impatiently.
They fall on the bed.
He nibbles her nipples!
She moans, her body going into incredible arches and curls like a Hot snake.
He is lying on top of her.
Her legs part, and a moment later he slips into her.
Her breath catches, and her hands grip him in a choke hold. Her thighs grip him tightly.
He grips her beautiful derriere.
She draws his head down and kisses him feverishly, in total abandon and submission as he begins a gentle rhythmic stroke.
He sees Effe's face, and he moans, moving faster in desperation, forcing himself to concentrate on Baaba, to drive Effe and her pain out of his system.
She is squirming and groaning with pleasure beneath him.
It is a long night... and they don’t sleep till dawn...
Much later, as she sleeps the sleep of the dead, he gets off the bed and pads to the bathroom.
Oh Effe! How could you do this to me? Oh Effe, my precious, my treasure...
He has just made marathon love ...but it is Effe he still misses terribly, and craves for with every dot of blood in his body!
He returns to bed and lies down.
She is curled in the foetal position, and as his hand touches her shoulder slightly she flinches, and lashes out suddenly with her leg, catching him solidly in the stomach, making him grunt with pain.
She lashes out with her other foot, straight into his balls, and this time a muffled scream escapes through his lips as he doubles up with pain.
BAABA
(terrified)
Leave me alone, Daddy! Don't do it, Daddy....pleeeeeaaase!
Chris is holding his balls, gasping with pain, when she bolts upright on the bed, her face terrified, sweat drenching her, her wild eyes sweeping around the room.
She sees him bent in agony, and the fear leaves her face, and she comes to him, her face contrite.
BAABA
(agonized)
Oh! Chris! Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, baby, please, forgive me! I'm so sorry!
CHRIS
(wheezing)
It's okay. You kicked me. But it's okay.
She pushes him on the bed, and then she slowly massages the knot in his belly away.
BAABA
I'm sorry, Chris. I have these nightmares sometimes, about my father forcing me again. I'm so sorry.
Chris relaxes and smiles weakly at her.
She is trembling, but slowly she smiles at him, and tears forms in her eyes.
CHRIS
Why are you crying? I said it's okay.
She wipes tears from her eyes, and she smiles, and her lips tremble.
BAABA
Oh. They're tears of joy. I made love, with my own will, for the very first time. You made me a woman, Chris, my love. Thank you.
He says nothing, but the image of Steve's erection intrudes in his mind's eye, and he shuts his eyes tightly with pain.
Baaba is running her right hand down his belly, and slowly he opens his eyes.
She is looking shyly at his manhood, and then she blushes furiously and looks at his face.
BAABA
I... I haven't really seen a p*nis before.
Chris chuckles then, much against his will, and a moment later he laughs gently.
Baaba smiles nervously too, and then she puts her hand just on top of his right thigh.
BAABA
Can ...can I?
CHRIS
What?
BAABA
Touch it? Please? Can I see it?
Chris smiles and shakes his head.
CHRIS
If you want to.
She blushes furiously again, and then she turns round and puts her face next to his loins. She reaches out, tentatively at first, and then she touches him.
Hesitantly, slowly, unsure. She lifts him up and examines what lies beneath.
She touches him there, lifts and weighs his scrotal sac.
BAABA
Oh! I can feel the two balls inside! Oh! Why is the skin loose here? Is it painful? Oh!
She bends lower, examining him, and suddenly she sits back with a startled cry, her eyes bulging, and he looks at her with raised eyebrows.
CHRIS
What's it now?
She points a timid finger at him, and he looks, and he is erect due to all her handling.
BAABA
It's ...it's up! Again!
CHRIS
Yeah. It's because you touched me.
BAABA
(gasping)
Oh. Oh! I see!
Chris smiles and lies back again.
CHRIS
Sleep, Baaba. It's late.
He reaches up and presses the dangling switch that puts off the light.
She lies down carefully beside him, and a moment later he feels her hand on his thigh, and then she grips him.
BAABA
Oh! It's ...it's still ...hard!
He says nothing.
She still holds him.
BAABA
(softly)
Can we... I want you to make love to me again.
Chris says nothing.
The initial desire is gone. His heart is now beginning to fill up with guilt, and regret, and the pain of knowing Steve has indeed been making love to Effe.
He had been filled with pain, a jealousy so green that if he had stayed a second more he would have killed Steve.
He loves Effe.
It is the simple truth.
He will always love her.
And in his pain and agony, in a bid to forget the pain, he has taken advantage of this kind girl who needs a real man, someone who can give her total love, gentleness and understanding.
He is not that man, because his heart is taken.
What has he just gotten himself into?
He just cannot bear to hurt Baaba. She is a traumatized victim of an abusive and incestuous father.
She needs and deserves more than he can give.
He gasps with surprise when he feels Baaba moving all over him, and in a moment she is astride him, and slowly settling herself on top of him...
He sighs with resignation.
Trouble knows him by name... and it seems to him he has just been found, again, by trouble!
JAILBIRD continues

Continue reading it here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by bimberry1307(f): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2018
Glued. thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by wizsolzy(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
bimberry1307:
Glued. thanks for the update.

so u are here?.. eh oh baby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by queenitee(f): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2018
Still here

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by AvatarMode(m): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2018
You are a gifted writer... I am really enjoying your work..

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
EPISODE 31

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EYRAM'S RESIDENCE
It is a Sunday.
Eyram is dressed for church, and she has a smile on her face as she approaches the Boys Quarters.
Eyram climbs the steps and knocks on his door, but there is no answer.
A slight frown puckers her brow. She knows he is inside because the outside lights are still on.
They had not been on when she came home the previous night.
She holds the handle, and the door opens.
She enters the living-room, and suddenly Baaba emerges from the bedroom, fully-dressed.
Eyram's face darken with sudden emotion.
Baaba smiles at her demurely and walks past her without speaking.
Eyram reaches out and steadies herself on the back of the settee.
She takes great gulps of air as she forces herself to breathe, and then without thinking she moves forward and pushes the bedroom door open.
Chris is lying in bed, naked, his hands linked behind his head as he stares unseeingly up at the murals in the ceiling.
Eyram turns her back on him immediately.
EYRAM
(angrily)
Good Lord, CB. Cover yourself up!
Chris pulls a cloth around him and sits up in bed.
CHRIS
Eyram.
She turns on him, and her eyes blaze furiously at him.
EYRAM
(furious)
Baaba? Again? You spent the night with her?After what she did to you? Goodness me, Chris! Do you think you're still a goddamn teenager, for Christ's sake?
CHRIS
(miserably)
Eyram-
EYRAM
(cutting in angrily)
My dear goodness, Chris! Don't you ever learn? How could you be so damn irresponsible?
Chris stands up and ties the cloth around his waist.
He stares at Eyram with remorse.
CHRIS
Hey. Hold it. I messed up, yes, but I was in a bad form yesterday.
EYRAM
(angrily)
Bad form? You settle your bad moments by sleeping with crazy girls? There's no excuse for sleeping with her! That girl accused you of attacking her, and you were locked up, remember? You should've stayed clear of her! She's trouble, Chris! She's going to give you real problems! What's the matter with you? If Baaba had not changed her story you would’ve been in prison by now. Baaba? Don’t you ever learn, Chris? Do you enjoy it when you’re surrounded by problems and pain? How could you allow that girl to come near you? Have you given up on my sister already? You should’ve thought about Junior. You have sorely disappointed me, Mr. Chris Bawa!
Chris' jaws work hard as he walks past her, and she sees the terrible pain in the depths of his eyes.
CHRIS
Effe gave up on me, Eyram, long ago.
EYRAM
And do you blame her, Chris? Do you blame her when you can do reckless and senseless acts like this? Sleeping with the girl who accused you wrongly of rape? Do you blame her, after you raped Elaine?
Chris turns viciously on her, and she gasps at the emotion on his face, at the torture and sheer pain.
CHRIS
(hissing)
I didn't rape Elaine!Yes, I made love to her, and Effe caught us, but it damn wasn't rape! She told me to make it rough, because she'd always liked it rough and hard! So I did it, rough and hard, because I was hurting then and didn't know she had set me up. I didn't know she had called Effe and then left the door unlocked! And do you know why? Before I met Effe Elaine was my girlfriend, in school. I told her I was in love with Effe, and I begged Elaine to forgive me for hurting her. She accepted after she fought it and realized I really loved Effe. I thought she was okay, but she hated me, strongly enough to take her revenge many years later with that silly rape charge!
EYRAM
Really, Chris? Effe saw you, Chris! She caught you in the damn act, so stop being so sanctimonious! She has held on all these years, hoping you will change. She hasn't even informed anybody that you signed the divorce papers, because deep down she still loves you, and instead of fighting for her like a man and explaining that Elaine framed you, as you're now claiming, you rather choose to go around banging women whose heads are not screwed on properly!
CHRIS
My God, Eyram! Stop it! What's gotten into you anyway? Effe doesn't love me! She doesn’t give a hoot what I do with my life so what’s your fuss about?
EYRAM
Oh, stop acting like a fool and thinking with your bloody dick, Mr. Chris f***ing Bawa! Effe has never stopped loving you, and you damn well know it!
He grabs her by the upper arms quite hard, making her gasp with pain, and his face is tortured as he speaks through clenched teeth, each word ejecting like bullets.
CHRIS
Then explain to me why she will allow another man to make love to her if she loves me so much as you claim. I saw her naked with Steve yesterday, woman! He made love to Effe!
He leaves her, and she almost falls, and he leaves the room.
Eyram totters. She feels light-headed.
Can it be true? Effe and Steve? No, she doesn't think so. Effe is her sister, and they know each other.
Effe has always said she will make love only when she is married.
Eyram trusts her sister. She does not know what Chris had seen, but if indeed Effe and Steve had consummated their supposed love then she, Eyram, would be very surprised indeed.
She follows him outside, but he has entered the bathroom, and she can hear the shower falling.
She stands near the entrance.
EYRAM
Chris, I don't want to fight with you. Stop acting like a fool. I don't know what you think you saw, but believe me, you have a great chance of winning Effe back, if you really want her. This Baaba girl is trouble. Don't bring her here again. I'm not going to say anything about this to Effe, but it's your life. You're on a course to mess up your life again. Stop it, and focus. For yourself, and for your son, be focused. It would’ve been better if you had slept with a prostitute than with Baaba. That girl is going to make you regret this, trust me. I’m really disappointed in you. I'm off to church.
When she goes out she is shaking terribly.
Baaba is waiting outside.
She looks at Eyram and smiles.
BAABA
Saw you're dressed. Are you going out, sweetie? Can you give me a lift to town, Doctor?
Eyram folds her arms across her chest and regards her with total contempt and anger.
EYRAM
No, Miss. Brooks. I'm not going out. Just get out of here, would you? You make me sick. You have no shame, you sick turd!
Baaba smiles and shakes her head.
BAABA
Tell me, are you fighting for your sister, or for yourself?
She turns and begins to walk away.
Eyram thinks of a million things to say to her, to hurl at her, but nothing comes out.
Because, quite suddenly, she is alarmed by the question Baaba has just asked.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Fazemood(m): 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2018
Oyin I want to thank you for recommending this story, it's a beautiful piece.
Thank You twice again grin
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
Fazemood:
Oyin I want to thank you for recommending this story, it's a beautiful piece.

Thank You twice again grin
You're welcome sir
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Episode 32

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

THE GENTLEMAN'S PERK NIGHT CLUB
The music is loud.
An all-girl band is playing, and revellers are dancing and having a good time.
In lighted glass booths at vantage points around the club are beautiful girls wearing only G-strings and high boots, dancing and gyrating and showing off their bare breasts and derrieres.
The bar is probably the longest in the world.
It is exquisitely lighted, and stretches in long and curved apertures along one side, and it is manned by ten barmen at a time.
There is an eatery on the second floor, a mini casino on the third floor and the fourth floor caters for the sexual deviations of the wealthiest people.
In a private lounge on the fourth floor, dimly-lit and filled with soft music, are Jonathan Afful, Steve Hollison and a few of their friends.
Naked girls of various nationalities move among them, some serving drinks, others giving a more 'specialized' form of service.
Jonathan Afful, his shirt discarded and wearing only trousers and white singlet, takes a sip from his glass and then bends and clamps his lips on the breast of a naked Chinese woman in his arms.
A naked long-legged beautiful American woman is lying on top of Steve in one corner, shaded by long, sexy curtains.
She is moving slowly on top of him, making fake sounds of ecstasy as they make love.
In another corner, Mike Crankson is with three naked women. One is a Zambian, another a Nigerian and the third a Mexican.
Eventually Afful gets up and walks weakly to a patio off the lounge for some fresh air.
A few minutes later Steve joins him, zipping up his trousers.
Afful raises his glass to Steve.
AFFUL
Life is good, eh, my paddy? After church, what's more enjoyable than some international pussy, huh?
Steve leans against the banister and takes out a cigarette.
STEVE
Cheap sex, Jon, something to kill the cravings of a man's dick. But it's unfulfilling, you know. I'll give all this up just to have Effe as my wife.
AFFUL
(with a laughing bark)
Give it up? Are you crazy? I love Elaine as much as a man can love a woman, but damn it, a man needs to taste a different soup once in a while.
STEVE
(laughing)
In your case about twice a week, my paddy.
They laugh, and then a sad look spreads across Steve's face.
AFFUL
Looks like some ghost just walked across your grave, man. What's up? Effe still worshipping her pussy?
STEVE
Almost happened last night, man. She was naked, I was naked, then...
AFFUL
(draining his glass)
Chris?
STEVE
(snorting)
Who else? Not knowing he was in the house with that bastard son of his. Game end. Effe barely spoke to me today.
AFFUL
You think she still got feelings for that son-of-a-crocodile?
STEVE
(miserably)
She claims she's over him, but I saw the way she looked when she realized Chris thought we had made love. I tell you, Chris is a problem, man.
Afful laughs bitterly and shakes his head.
AFFUL
When hasn't that boy ever been a problem, man? In school, everywhere, all the girls preferred him. It's like he got a secret magnet that pulls them.
STEVE
(bitterly)
Yeah, them girls all wanted to Bleep him.
AFFUL
But we bleeped them anyways, didn't we?
STEVE
(chuckling)
Only those Chris didn't like, abi?
They laugh then.
A girl enters with fresh glasses of drinks. Steve throws the butt of his cigarette away and takes a drink.
AFFUL
So, what do we do about him?
STEVE
I think we should give Mike the fight, man. I'm thinking, if we hype it up enough, Chris will take the bait. Effe, of course, will be scared for him, seeing what a mad dog Mike is. Mike can tell Effe he will drop the fight if she marries me.
Afful gapes at his friend with disbelief, then he bursts out laughing.
AFFUL
That’s the most stupid and absolutely ridiculous plan I ever heard. Are you for real? W'abodam papa! Your jealousy is making you mad, Steve. You really don't know Effe that much, do you? You think you can blackmail her into marrying you? She won't fall for any shit like that, believe me. Listen, pal, do you trust me?
Steve looks at his friend warily.
STEVE
Yeah, I do. Why?
Afful moves close and puts a hand across the shoulders of his friend.
AFFUL
Leave everything to me, man. I also don't want Chris around. He affects Elaine badly, man. I'm cooking up something. Will let you in on it soon. Just know that very soon, Chris will cease to be a problem, and Effe will be yours.
Steve looks at Afful expectantly, his face hopeful.
STEVE
For sure?
AFFUL
Trust me, bro.
Mike Crankson appears on the patio then.
He is completely naked, and filled with so much alcohol, drugs and sex that he can barely walk.
CRANKSON
Hey, Jon! I mean it, man! I wanna whip the skin off Chris Bawa! Gimme that fight, or I swear I'll leave your damn company and find a thirstier promoter.
Afful smiles.
AFFUL
Cease worrying, Mike. You'll surely have that nigger to break sooner than you think!
CRANKSON
Oh, yeah! You don't know just how much I wanna make Chris Bawa bleed! I'm gonna break all his fucking bones!
THE BAWA RESIDENCE
They are having a family dinner, just like they do every first Sunday evening in a month.
They are in the huge dining-room.
The women have cooked a most sumptuous meal of banku and okra stew.
Diana and her husband, KWAKU DOSSAH, and their son MARLON DOSSAH, who is now sixteen years old, are sitting on the right side with Ruben Essel.
On the right side are Stan Bawa and his wife ESTHER and their fifteen year old daughter, MAAME SERWAA.
At the head of the table is the Reverend Brand Bawa, and at the foot is a very pensive Lois Bawa.
Their family dinners have always been filled with happiness and gaiety, but that evening there is an underlying current of tension that cannot quite be dissipated try as much as they can.
Stan is laughing quietly at something Esther has just whispered to him when Marlon drops the bomb.
MARLON
Mommy, why is Uncle Chris not here? He's supposed to be here, isn't he?
Reverend Brand, who has been raising a piece of goat meat to his mouth, pauses perceptively, and then he slowly drops the meat back into his bowl.
Ruben Essel spills a bit of the water he is drinking.
Mrs. Lois Bawa gives a startled little gasp and looks up sharply.
Stan's laugh is choked off, and the smile vanishes from his face.
Diana looks anxiously at her son and gives a nervous little laugh.
DIANA
Actually, we went there to visit him, but we forgot to invite him. Hopefully he'll be here next month.
MAAME SERWAA
(startled)
Here? But Dad says Uncle Chris is a devil and he doesn't want to see him ever!
ESTHER
(sharply)
Maame!!
MRS. LOIS
(shaking his head)
Stan! Is that what you've been teaching your child about your brother?
STAN
(defensively)
There was a time I was very angry with Chris, yes, and I might have said some pretty bad things about him, but not anymore.
MARLON
(laughing)
Not anymore, Uncle Stan? But just last week on that T.V. programme you said he is a beast and should be taken back to prison!
DIANA
Marlon!! Show some respect, boy!
There is an uneasy silence for a while, and eventually the man of God speaks.
REV BAWA
I thank you, Marlon, for bringing it up. Indeed, it is time to try and reach out to Chris. Believe me, we're trying. Hopefully, he and his family will be with us next month.
MARLON
I'll be happy, Grandpa. Many of my friends want to see him. We believe he can beat that braggart Mike Crankson. Uncle Chris still has a lot of fans. Yesterday his Facebook Fan page was filled with thousands of birthday wishes!
That just about knocks most of the adults at the table for six!
REV BAWA
(squinting)
His birthday? May third?
MRS. LOIS
My God! Oh, Lord, no!
KWAKU DOSSAH
Wow! Diana, you forgot?
DIANA
(softly)
Yes, I did. It's been a while since anyone acknowledged Chris' birthday in this house.
MRS. LOIS
(tears in her eyes)
But I always remember, and pray for him. I totally forgot this one!
Stan suddenly tosses his napkin on the table angrily and stands up even when Esther tries to drag him down.
STAN
(angrily)
What's the meaning of this? Why is everybody behaving as if we're at fault for not remembering Chris’ birthday? He was a part of this family, and he chose to abandon us! If somebody should be filled with remorse it is certainly not one of us!
REV BAWA
(sharply)
Stan! We're Christians, first and foremost! It is our duty to forgive the past and try to bring him to the straight and narrow road!
STAN
Then do that, Father! After all you're the pastor! As for me, I still haven't come to that crossroad yet!
MARLON
(agitated)
But Uncle Stan! Would you be happy if Maame Serwaa goes somewhere and comes back and we've thrown her things out and sold her house and she has nowhere to stay? Even if she did something very awful wouldn't you want your family to support her?
Diana opens her mouth to speak, but she cannot say anything, because she sees Stan turning and looking at his daughter, and then looking at Marlon with sudden unease.
REV BAWA
That's true, my boy. Now let's eat. We'll bring Chris home.
Dinner is suddenly a very sombre moment, and after a moment Lois Bawa gets up and quickly leaves the dining-room.

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by emilykang(f): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
Lovely update! Enjoy other interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by queenitee(f): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Already finished the story on the site, so emotional, can't stop crying. Such an interesting story

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by bimberry1307(f): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2018
oyinprince, thanks so much for sharing this story with us. I don't really know what to say to the author other than "you have a blessed talent and I cant wait to read your other story". I had to go to youngicee.com to finish up the story and I must say it had me shedding tears. (in Junior's voice) I really really really enjoyed it to the brim.

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2018
Alright guys, Its nice to hear that you liked the story. Let's invite others to join us read. Just mention a nairalander you think would love it. God bless
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
Episode 33

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EFFE'S RESIDENCE
Effe comes down the stairs.
She is wearing a terrific dark blue skirt suit that fits her like a dream. She is holding her bag and a file.
When she gets to the living-room Junior emerges from his room and calls down to her.
JUNIOR
(excitedly)
Mom! Wait! I'm coming with you!
Effe turns and looks up at him, surprised.
EFFE
Prince? Why are you dressed up? Grandma is coming to stay with you. I told you I have a short meeting at the office, then I'll come and take you out to lunch.
JUNIOR
(waving his hand)
I've got to see Daddy. It's urgent. I'm taking him to town. Can you please call him for me?
Effe cocks her head to one side and looks at her son.
Sometimes he can be overbearingly impulsive and overly annoying, just like his father.
He is obviously very excited about something, and she knows it will be quite impossible to dissuade him.
EFFE
And why are you taking your Daddy to town, if I may ask?
JUNIOR
(impatiently)
It's a surprise for Daddy. Can you please call him, please please Mommy? I have no credits on the phone
EFFE
(surprised)
No credits? I put thirty cedis worth of credit on it three days ago.
JUNIOR
Yes, Mom, but I used it to make calls. Really really really important calls. I didn't waste the credit, Mom.
EFFE
(sighing)
And I take it these really important calls has something to do with this surprise you have for your Daddy?
JUNIOR
Yes. Please would you call him before he leaves home?
Effe takes her phone from her bag and stares at it, then hands it to her son.
EFFE
I'm sorry, I've not memorized his new number yet.
Junior takes the phone and deftly enters digits, then he dials and puts it to his ears.
JUNIOR
(excitedly)
Dadddy, Daddy, Daddy! Are you home? Oh! Yappity yappity yippeee! We are coming over. There's something I wanted to show you in town. A surprise! Can you take me there? Yippeeee! But you have to bring the piggy bank I gave you. Yes, yes, I want it. I hope you have not spent the money in it! Okay, okay, I'm waiting for you, Daddy. I love you.
He cuts the call and hands the phone back to his mother.
Effe turns around and quickly stores the number as CHAMP.
EFFE
Well, how did it go? I gather your father is on his way to pick you? And why are you taking your money back? I thought you gave it to Daddy.
JUNIOR
Yes, Daddy is coming. I need the money back to buy something for him.
Much against her will, his incredible excitement captures her, and infects her, and suddenly she feels she must tag along.
She has been trying feverishly to get Chris and speak to him about what he had witnessed a couple of days ago between her and Steve, but Eyram keeps telling her Chris leaves home early and comes very late.
She had left messages with Eyram to get him to call her, but although her sister confirmed giving the messages to Chris, he still hasn't called her yet.
She had asked Eyram to get Chris’ number for her, but it seems Chris has refused.
It has not occurred to her that Junior could have his father's number.
If Chris is coming over then it will be a good idea to speak to him, to clear the terrible air of bitterness she has unwittingly created between them.
She dials a number on her phone and puts it to her ear.
EFFE
Hello. Rosie? Kindly tell Paul to Chair the meeting with the Public Prosecutor for me, okay? Tell him I'm not going down on my fees. If he has any questions or needs clarifications he can call me. Something important came up. I'll be in the office later. Alright, thank you. Bye.
Junior is looking at her with a huge wolfish grin on his face.
JUNIOR
You're coming with us, aren't you?
EFFE
(smiling lovingly)
Yes, I'm tagging along behind you boys.
JUNIOR
Yappity, yappity, yippeeee!
Chris rides into the beautiful spacious yard shortly afterwards, just behind a posh Lexus saloon car.
He gets down and kicks the motorbike up on its stand as the driver's door of the Lexus opens, and Mrs. Ivy Kedem gets out.
She closes the door and stares at Chris with some surprise and some level of discomfort.
IVY KEDEM
(carefully)
Hello, Chris. How're you doing?
Chris nods, but does not approach her.
CHRIS
I'm doing well, thank you.
She presses the remote that locks her car, and then she walks towards him, swinging her car keys lazily.
Her eyes are hard and quite unfriendly as she looks at him.
IVY KEDEM
(calmly)
Listen, Chris Bawa, I'm not going to pretend I'm happy you're out. You know me, and you know I'm not the kind of person that hides her feelings.
Chris returns her hard stare with a steely one of his own.
CHRIS
I know you have always hated me, yes.
IVY KEDEM
(angrily)
Oh, come off it! Hate you? For what? I've never hated you, but I dislike you, yes, especially for the pain you made my daughter go through. She was young, she was innocent, and she was at the height of her career when you married her, taking her away from Steve, who has always been a more reliable suitor. I know men have an unwritten code of ethics where you never dated your friend's ex-girlfriend or his sister. But you had no scruples whatsoever! You took Effe from Steve and broke her heart. She almost died! Now that she has a chance to be happy, here you are again! I wish you had not come back, Chris. But I'm not going to stand by uncaringly this time and watch you destroy Effe again. She's not yours, Chris. She's Steve's now, and they're going to get married. I don't know your plans, but just stay away from her. You should've stayed locked up in jail till she got married, Chris Bawa!
Chris just stares at her without replying.
She is not aware that Junior has come out the door and has been walking slowly towards his father.
He passes his grand-mother slowly, and she sees him too late.
IVY KEDEM
(startled)
Oh! Junior, my sweetheart!
She tries to hold Junior's hand, but the boy shies away from her, and when she grabs his hand forcibly Junior shouts and uses his free hand to brush the woman's hand away.
Effe has now come out, and she has seen what her son has done.
EFFE
(sharply)
Junior! What's come over you?
Junior does not speak. He reaches out and grabs his father's left middle finger, and then he turns and looks at his stricken grandmother.
JUNIOR
(sadly)
Grandma, why do you want my Daddy to be in prison? Are you not happy he has come back to me?
Ivy Kedem looks totally crestfallen. She shakes her head numbly and steps forward quickly.
IVY KEDEM
(contrite)
Oh, Junior, I didn't mean it like that! You don't understand!
JUNIOR
I heard you, Grandma! You told me we should always forgive people because God always forgives us. Daddy went to prison, and social studies teacher says we go to prison as punishment for the wrong we do. So, Daddy has been punished already by the prison. So why do you really really really want him back in prison and you don't really really really want to forgive him?
He looks at his dumb-stricken Grandma with quite severe eyes and an even severer expression.

JAILBIRD continues

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
EPISODE 34

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Ivy Kedem cannot speak.
Effe stands in front of her mother.
EFFE
(shocked, whispering)
You said those things to his hearing?
IVY KEDEM
(wringing her hands)
I didn't know he was behind me, listening. I'm so sorry, dear.
Effe nods sadly.
EFFE
Hmmm. You know how fiercely he loves Chris. Anyway, Junior says he wants to show him something, so I'm going with them.
IVY KEDEM
(hissing)
You didn't go to the office again?
EFFE
Oh, I'll go. This won't keep long at all.
IVY KEDEM
(desperately)
Do you have to go with them, darling? Please, Effe, don't give that man the chance to ruin your life again! I beg you.
EFFE
I'll see you soon, Mama.
She turns away, and sees that Chris has raised his left middle finger which Junior is still holding.
CHRIS
(tremulously)
Champ, why do you always hold the middle finger every time you want to hold my hand?
Junior giggles suddenly as if he finds its extremely funny.
JUNIOR
Maybe it is because it’s so big, and because I love you so much! Every time you see your left middle finger, know that I love you very much, Daddy.
Chris bends at the waist and looks deeply into his son's eyes.
CHRIS
(tenderly)
No, my dear Champ. When I saw you the first time after your birth, you were crying really loudly. Nobody knew what was going on. When I entered the ward and took you in my arms, your tiny fingers curled around my middle left finger, and you stopped crying immediately.
JUNIOR
(totally awed)
Really, Daddy? Really really really?
CHRIS
Yes, my Champ. Really really true.
JUNIOR
(smiling)
Then I'll always hold your middle finger. To show I'll always love you, and I'll always believe you, and I'll always forgive you, and I'll always pray you don't go back to prison. Because I don't ever ever EVER want you to go back to prison like Grandma wants you to!
Chris nods, because at that particular moment his heart is so full with love for his son that he does not trust his voice.
He takes the smaller helmet and tries to put it on his son's head.
EFFE
No, Chris. We're going in my car. You can leave your motorbike here. I want to leave Junior with my Mom, so if you don't mind I'll drive you.
Chris' eyes harden, and his look is full of acid.
CHRIS
I'll bring him back. You know I'll bring him back.
Before Effe can reply Junior grabs Chris’ left middle finger again.
JUNIOR
(earnestly)
I want Mommy to come along too, please, Daddy! Please, okay, please?
Chris sighs, and then he reluctantly puts the helmet back, turns and walks outside to wait.
Effe unlocks her car.
Junior hops in the back, and she makes sure he is strapped in.
She goes around to the driving side, deliberately avoiding her mother's angry stare. She starts the car as one of the security details opens the gates for her.
She drives out and finds Chris waiting.
She parks with the front seat near him, but he ignores it and tries to open the back door.
Junior locks the door and rolls down the window. He pops out his head.
JUNIOR
(bright-eyed)
Daddy, you're supposed to sit in front with Mommy.
CHRIS
(calmly)
I want to be in the back with you, Champ.
Junior shakes his head vigorously, so fast that his cheeks bounce rather comically
JUNIOR
No-no, no-no, no-no! Back is for me! Front is for you and Mommy!
Effe looks away, trying to hide her smile. She sees the child-like look of confusion on Chris' face, and she finally chuckles to herself.
She knows Junior will never unlock the door for his father.
With a final look of resignation Chris opens the front door and gets in.
He fastens the seat-belt, and Effe looks at him, and he looks at her, and his eyes blaze his resentment and show that he is still hurting.
She begins to drive.
Junior sticks his head between their seats and looks at his father.
JUNIOR
Are you angry, Daddy?
Chris looks at his son and shakes his head.
CHRIS
No. I'm fine, Champ.
JUNIOR
Good, because I want you to sit with Mommy and I will not let you sit in the back with me because I want you to sit with Mommy and you should not get angry because it is really really really good to sit with Mommy and-
CHRIS
(cutting in)
Hey! I'm sitting with Mommy, okay?
Junior begins to giggle, and Effe laughs. She reaches over and places her hand on his left hand.
He looks across at her, and she is afraid he will push her hand away, but instead he grips her hand, and a slow warmth spreads through her, taking her quite by surprise.
She withdraws her hand slowly and puts both hands on the steering-wheel.
She does not look at him again.

JAILBIRD continues

Read more here: ww.youngicee.com

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
EPISODE 35

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

SOMEWHERE IN MADINA
As Effe leaves the residential area behind she looks into the driving-mirror at her son.
EFFE
So, my sweet boy, where are we going exactly?
JUNIOR
Didi's.
Effe looks surprised. She glances at him again and sees he is almost crouched on the seat and clutching his blue piggy bank because he is too excited.
EFFE
Didi's? The fast foot joint?
JUNIOR
Yes, Mommy.
Effe shakes her head with confusion.
EFFE
But they stopped selling food. There's a FOR SALE sign on it.
JUNIOR
(exasperated)
I know! Didi's stopped working because when they opened that new giant restaurant down the street people stopped going to Didi's.
EFFE
(confused)
So why are we going to Didi's? Or you want us to go to the new restaurant, TASTE BUDS?
JUNIOR
Nooooo! TASTE BUDS food is hoooooooorible! It made me pooooopoooo the whole night!
And that is when Chris' laugh fills the car.
It is that laugh which has captivated Effe's heart in the past so much.
It is rich, it is deep, it is from within him. It lights up his face and dimples his cheeks, and transforms that handsome face into something of ethereal origins.
It is a laugh Effe hasn't heard in a very long while, and as short as it is, she is greatly surprised when it brings sudden tears to her eyes.
Sometimes, when Junior is very happy, he laughs like that, but his voice is yet to attain that bass quality his father has, and always that laugh from her son brings a lump of remembrance to Effe's heart.
She turns her head and looks at Chris, but his head is on the headrest and his eyes are closed, and he does not see her looking at him.
Junior pops his head forward again, sees his father's happily shining face, and then he sits back and grins wolfishly.
When they get to DIDI'S Effe parks in the now abandoned car park.
There had been a time when there had been cars on that car park almost constantly. DIDI'S had been one of the best food joints.
However, a little over a year ago, a super food joint called TASTE BUDS had opened just across the street from DIDI'S, and with its offer of spicy continental, Asian and Italian cuisines, it had slowly strangled DIDI'S and put them out of operation.
There is a white KIA Sportage parked in front of the abandoned food joint.
The wooden structure that forms DIDI'S is still standing intact, though.
It is huge, and has a functioning kitchen, an interior eating space, an external veranda eating space, and even a semi-circular drive-through.
There had been a huge FOR SALE/RENT placard in its front glass window, but it is gone now.
Effe turns to Junior, still looking confused.
EFFE
Well, here we are, my love. What now?
Junior cranes his neck, looking at the abandoned structure.
JUNIOR
(confused)
Well, can I please use your phone, Mommy?
EFFE
(raising her eyebrows)
Who are you calling, dear?
Junior scratches his head.
JUNIOR
Well, the other day, when we were coming from Abel's birthday party, you remember?
EFFE
Yes, I remember very well. What happened?
JUNIOR
(with a big sigh)
You remember there were a lot of cars here, on this road?
EFFE
(patiently)
Yes, I remember. There was a terrible traffic jam. There was an accident on the road. And?
JUNIOR
Aha. See. I saw the sign in the store that they're selling this place? So because there was traffic, I wrote the number down in my jotter. Then, on Daddy's birthday, in the evening, I used the phone you gave me to call the number.
Chris is now fully erect and looking back at his son.
Effe is watching her son too, and she feels a coldness spreading over her.
She can understand where the conversation is going, and it chills her to the very core.
CHRIS
Champ. What happened?
Junior starts to speak again, but just then the main glass doors of DIDI'S flies open, and a smartly-dressed elderly woman of around sixty years comes out.
She is in black trousers and a blue top, and her hair is iron grey and tied back in a homely bun.
With a cry of joy Junior opens his door and bounds out, running towards the woman, holding out his piggy bank.
Effe and Chris exchange startled looks, and then they both get out of the car hurriedly.
The woman, now holding the piggy bank Junior has given her, notices them and begins to meet them with a huge smile on her face, and tears glistening in her eyes.
She stretches out her hand to Chris first.
MADAM DIDI
Hello, I'm Didi. And you must be Chris, and you Effe.
Chris shakes the woman's hand.
CHRIS
Yes, I am, Ma'am. Glad to make your acquaintance. Quite frankly I'm a bit in the woods here.
Madam Didi laughs and wipes traces of tears from her eyes.
MADAM DIDI
Well, then let me explain. I used to run this place. I own it, I must say. Now my daughter in the UK wants me to join her permanently, and I'll be leaving in a month's time, and so I put this place up for sale. I must say I had a lot of offers, but the money just wasn't right, if you know what I mean. Well, a couple of days ago I received a call from a brave young boy who told me his father just came out from prison and has no work, but his father knows how to cook now, and he saw the place is up for sale, and so he wants to buy it for his father!
Effe's mouth falls open and she stares at Junior who is now looking down at his feet and swinging both arms in wide arcs in obvious discomfiture.
EFFE
(sighing)
Well, Madam Didi, we're terribly sorry. We didn't know he was bringing us here. He said he had a surprise for his father and so we came. I'm terribly sorry. Please forgive us for wasting your time.
Madam Didi laughs and then she puts an arm around Junior's shoulder.
MADAM DIDI
Oh, you have a wonderful boy here! I'm so very impressed with him. I told him he would need a lot of money to buy this place, and he told me he will buy it because if he doesn't his father would go and fight Goju and he might get hurt. And so he promised me he has a piggy bank filled with a lot of money which can buy the place, and so I said okay, bring the piggy bank and your father and let's negotiate!
They all laugh, and Chris moves forward, looking at his son with wonder. He bends low and puts a loving hand on his son's right cheek.
CHRIS
Thank you, Champ. I appreciate what you tried to do very much.
EFFE
Once again, our sincerest apologies, Madam Bibi. Now, if you don't mind, we'll leave now. We wouldn't bother you any longer.
MADAM DIDI
Well, it is a deal then. I mean, I'm leaving Ghana in a month, and I've settled all my financial obligations to my creditors and my family. I love this place, and I want it to be filled with love and hope, and no love comes bigger than a child's love for his father, and no hope comes bigger than a man who has lost it all and come back from prison to start life afresh! So yes, this place is sold to Mr. Chris Bawa Junior, for one piggy bank full of money!
JUNIOR
(stunned, eyes bulging)
Oh! You mean it? You're really really really giving it to my Daddy?
There are tears in Madam Bibi's eyes as she pulls Junior close and hugs him.
MADAM DIDI
Oh, yes, my dearest boy! Oh, you're such a special boy!
JUNIOR
(screaming)
YAPPITY YAPPITY YIPPPEEEEE!!
He throws his arms around Madam Bibi and hugs her tightly.
Effe is touching her lips with a trembling hand as she looks at Junior and at Chris. There are tears in her eyes.
Chris is shaking his head sadly.
He drops to his right knee and looks earnestly at Junior.
CHRIS
(painfully)
Champ, listen up! When I learnt how to cook from my prison pal, I was learning to cook for you and Mommy at home alone, okay? I am so touched by this gesture, my son, and I love your golden heart, but I'm not a chef, Champ. I'm a fighter, a Goju Warrior. I'll never cook. How can I work in a kitchen, cooking for a living? No. Not me!
Junior's face suddenly crumbles. The happiness vanishes, and his face is an epitome of dejected despair.
Effe stands beside her son and puts an arm around his neck.
EFFE
My Prince, what you have done is really amazing! It's the most amazing show of love I've ever seen a child make, but we must also think of Aunty Didi. I don't think what's in the piggy bank alone can pay for this place.
Madam Didi walks forward rapidly and stands by Chris' side.
MADAM DIDI
(earnestly)
Oh, you guys, come on! I don't really need the money. I'm going uptown to join my daughter, remember? I would've given it out freely, but this boy's act has touched my heart so much. Surely, if any business has such a foundation of pure love, then it is bound to succeed. Mr. Bawa, please, listen to your son.
JUNIOR
(tearfully)
But Daddy, I really really really don't want you to fight Goju. I've been having dreams sometimes, and in my dreams I see that you're hurt very very very bad, with blood all over your face. I really really really don't want you to fight, Daddy. I don't want to see you that hurt, please. You can cook and your food is very sweet. You will have many customers because your food is the best. Your food is nice, even nicer than Mommy's!
EFFE
(faking disgust)
Oh, thank you very much, young man! From now on you'll cook your own food!
Madam Didi laughs, and Junior looks at his mother with sudden chagrin.
JUNIOR
Oh, Mommy, Junior didn't mean to be ungrateful!
Effe puts her arms around him and hugs him hard.
EFFE
Oh, shush, my precious. I'm not angry. Just pulling your legs. You know what? I agree with you. I'll pay whatever difference Madam Didi wants for the place. You just have to convince your father.
MADAM DIDI
(exasperated)
How many times do I need to tell you folks I'll only take the piggy bank and whatever is in it? It's the best blessing I'll ever receive! Mr. Bawa, you better not make your son sad! Doesn't the tears he's shedding bother you?
Chris gets to his feet and turns away, throwing his arms in the air with exasperation.
CHRIS
(disturbed)
What're you people talking about? I don't belong to a kitchen! That's a woman's job!

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
EPISODE 36

® 18+ SNVL

© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Junior will not stop pushing. He does not understand why his parents cannot accept his plan.

He is sure his Dad will make a good Chef and get a lot of money if things are done right.

He has done his own little research since the idea crossed his mind.

He is sure it is the way to go.

JUNIOR

(wagging a finger at him)

No-no, no-no, Daddy. If you go to Google you'll see that the most famous chefs are men! Your food is nicer than the food at TASTE BUDS, which made me poopoo the whole night. Daddy, please please please please I don't want you to fight, please please please promise me you won't fight!

CHRIS

Hey, Champ! That's what I know how to do! I'm not going to fight! I just need to set up a training school and find talented guys and train them. That's what I'm good at.

Effe sees Chris' exasperation.

She walks up to him and stands gazing into his tortured eyes.

EFFE

He's right, Chris, and you know it. You need money to set up a Goju training school again, and think of all the training equipment you need in there. This eatery is available. You might not even have to cook yourself. You can hire cooks and instruct them. And, I must admit, your noodles was something else.

Chris' eyes harden, and he looks at her bitterly.

CHRIS

What do you care, Effe? Don't pretend you care about me! You have your Steve, stick to him and leave me alone!

Effe gasps as if he has physically slapped her.

JUNIOR

(disapprovingly)

Daddy!

Chris turns and walks away. He goes to stand in front of the eatery and looks into the glass for a long time.

He passes a hand across his face, and then repeatedly runs a hand through his hair. He sighs heavily, stands up straighter, turns and walks back.

He stands in front of his son, and then he smiles wanly.

CHRIS

Alright. For you, Champ. I'll do it. Thank you.

Tears fall down Junior's face.

He walks forward, puts his arms around his father's thighs and hugs him tightly.

Madam Didi exhales deeply, and brushes tears from her eyes.

MADAM DIDI

Well! Such love! I'm so proud to be part of this moment.

Effe feels a lump in her throat looking at her son and the man who used to be her husband, the only man whose single look either made or broke her joy.

Oh, Chris! Why did you have to rape Elaine? I can forgive you every other thing but that! Oh, dear, I miss you, you don't know just how much I miss you!

As if he has heard the words in her heart Chris looks up suddenly, and his eyes locks with Effe's.

He gently puts Junior aside and walks slowly towards Effe.

Effe begins to shudder as tears form in her eyes. She knows that walk, that look, that moment.

In the past, sometimes it happened like that. It didn't matter where they were...at home, at a restaurant, in town, at the office...

Whenever their eyes met like that, whenever that loud silence passed between them, and he began to look like that, to walk like that, to live the mood like that, they always ended up finding the nearest private spot and making tender love.

She can see it in his eyes now, and she is sure it is reflected in hers. She gasps, her lips part, and it takes all her effort not to run to him and feel his lips crushing hers.

He stops in front of her. His eyes are half-slits, and she feels him making the most herculean effort not to take her in his arms.

CHRIS

I'm sorry, Effe. Didn't mean to speak to you like that.

She nods, and a couple of tears roll down her cheeks.

EFFE

(whispering)

That's alright, Tiger.

Tiger!

The endearment she used to call him, only on very special moments when their love has been fulfilled by the most intimate of touches, or the sweetest of looks, or the most enchanted magical moment.

It startles both of them, and they stare at each other, the power of the tension so strong that she knows that if something doesn't happen soon they would be lost in that craziness.

It is Junior who suddenly pops up between them.

JUNIOR

You two are not really really really going to do that licking face thing here, are you?

His voice breaks the web, and Effe looks down with a little sound.

Chris turns from her, and slowly forces himself to approach Madam Didi.

He is trembling, and realizes just how much he has missed her.

His soul yearns for her, craves for her, needs her! His love for her is tearing him apart. He extends his hand to Madam Didi.

CHRIS

Thank you. Thank you very much.

She does not take his hand. She rather gives him a sudden hug and sighs deeply.

MADAM DIDI

Ah! Let's sit down and talk details then. You have a wonderful son, Mr. Bawa.

CHRIS

Please call me Chris. Yes, yes, I know. He's an angel.

Chris feels Junior's hand on his left middle finger, and he looks down and smiles a wolfish grin into his son's face... and the boy has exactly the same wolfish grin on his face.

Effe, being a top-shot lawyer, agrees to work on the documentation for the change of ownership of DIDI'S.

She drops off Junior at home. She has to be in the office, and for the first time in many years she wishes she didn't have to go.

Junior, not surprisingly, convinces his father to stay with him a while.

Chris, evidently, does not want to stay because Ivy Kedem is around, but in the end Junior has his way, as usual, and takes his father to his room.

Effe quickly walks out to the car again, and she feels elated that Chris is with Junior.

Her mother follows her to the car, and there is a look of great concern on her face.

IVY KEDEM

(placating)

Listen, Ef, my darling, I don't want to be the overbearing mother, but I believe you're making a great mistake. You shouldn't entertain that man here!

EFFE

(exasperated)

Mama! I'm not entertaining him! Junior wants to be with him. He's his father! I don’t see anything wrong with that.

IVY KEDEM

I know, my dear. But how would you explain it to Steve? You spent the whole morning out. I don't even want you leaving him alone with Junior. The man is a drug addict, abuses alcohol, raped your friend, assaulted an old man, probably killed his senior brother, he even-

EFFE

(aghast)

MAMA! Please!

IVY KEDEM

Just warning you, dear, just warning you. You shouldn't leave that boy alone with that man!

EFFE

He's not a stranger! He's my son's father, and he loves Junior fiercely, and one thing I'm certain of is that he's not ever going to do drugs in front of the boy!

IVY KEDEM

I'm just telling you to be careful. You've got something beautiful going with Steve. I saw how devastated you were when Chris broke your heart. He's not capable of loving you as you should be loved. Just be careful, my love.

EFFE

(sighing)

Alright, thank you, Mama.

Effe gets angrily into her car and drives to her office.

She works at SLOAN, MENSAH AND KEDEM.

She spends two hours in a meeting with her senior partners.

She had started as a lawyer at the firm, handling their corporate portfolios. She had been ambitious, smart and extremely resourceful.

She had taken her cases seriously, and so far had never lost a case in court.

The Attorney-General had started pushing sensitive and vital cases to her, and she has won all. With the growth in her resourcefulness and competence, she had eventually made partner.

After the meeting she meets with some European, North American and Asian clients for an hour, and then she quickly goes to her luxurious office and calls home.

Her mother informs her that Chris and Junior are still in the boy's room.

IVY KEDEM

They went to the kitchen and ate, then they went back to Junior's room.

EFFE

I see. Anyway, I've finished what I came to do. I'm coming home so that Chris can leave.

IVY KEDEM

Hurry up then, dear. I want to send some lunch to your Dad.

JAILBIRD continues

The story is already completed, you can find all episodes here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EFFE'S RESIDENCE
About forty-five minutes later Effe drives through the gates, gets down, locks her car and hurries inside.
Her mother is ready to leave.
Effe hugs her mother.
EFFE
Thank you very much, Mama. Been a hectic day.
IVY KEDEM
I want you to send Chris out, Effe. Your father is hungry, so I have to run, but make sure Chris goes. Now!
EFFE
Okay, Mama. Be on your way already, Dad must be hungry.
Junior appears on top of the stairs, looking unusually radiant in his jeans and sleeveless vest.
JUNIOR
(excitedly)
Mommyyyyyy!!!
He races down and embraces his mother, and then he immediately turns and runs to the kitchen.
IVY KEDEM
Well, do it then. I have to run.
Junior emerges from the kitchen, his face glum.
EFFE
(concerned)
What's it, honey? You hungry?
IVY KEDEM
(startled)
Oh! Are you hungry, Junior? I thought you were okay, so I took the rest of the jollof. I wanted to give it to your grandpa.
JUNIOR
But you ate two plates already, grandma. I wanted to eat the rest!
IVY KEDEM
Oh, sorry. Here it is! Take it. I'll buy something for grandpa. So sorry. I thought you were done.
EFFE
(confused)
Jollof? What are you talking about? What jollof?
IVY KEDEM
Oh, the one you cooked, dear. It's the best jollof I ever tasted! You must show me the recipe! It was so fantastic!
JUNIOR
(giggling)
Mommy didn't cook it! Daddy did! Didn't you see us in the kitchen in the afternoon cooking?
IVY KEDEM
(shocked)
What?
EFFE
Junior said he wanted some French fries, so I grilled chicken and left the fries in the refrigerator for you to fry for him when he got hungry. I told him to ask you to fry them in the afternoon for him.
JUNIOR
I asked Daddy if he knows how to make really really really sweet jollof, and he said yes. We came to the kitchen and prepared the jollof. Grandma was asleep in the chair. I thought she saw us.
IVY KEDEM
(stunned)
Chris? He prepared the jollof? No, no, I can't believe that!
Effe smiles too.
EFFE
Chris learned to cook in prison, Mama. He was taught by an Egyptian cell mate.
IVY KEDEM
My God! He really cooked that jollof? I'm... I don't ...wow!
JUNIOR
Oh, Mommy! Guess what! Daddy is going to call his new restaurant JUNIOR'S! Can you believe that? He's naming it after me, his only begotten son whom he loved so much that he names his restaurant after... just like the Sunday school story about God and Jesus, right, Mommy?
Effe chuckles, and just then the doorbell sounds.
She and her mother look at each other sharply.
Effe heads for the door with trepidation.
Steve has informed her he would be tying a business deal in Koforidua that day and wouldn't be in till late in the evening, probably.
Has he finished early? Or he hasn't gone at all?
One thing is for sure, though. She does not wish Steve to be present now.
Not that she is scared of him, but somehow she feels there is a sudden opportunity for her and Chris to talk, and she does not want anything interrupting that.
It is not Steve at the door, though.
It is her father.
She almost breathes with relief as she hugs him briefly and precedes him to the living-room.
KEN KEDEM
(with a mock growl)
C'mon, honey pie. I came over myself. Got tired of waiting for your mother. I'm too hungry. Can you fix me something in a jiffy?
IVY KEDEM
Oh, dear. I was bringing you some jollof, but Junior says he wants it.
Junior steps forward and snatches the polythene bag from his grandmother's hand which contains the rest of the jollof packed neatly in a disposable pack.
EFFE
(aghast)
Junior! What's with you? Hand it back this instant!
JUNIOR
(perplexed)
But I want the jollof! Grandpa doesn't even like jollof!
EFFE
Hand it back this instant, Junior!
IVY KEDEM
(quickly)
That's okay, Ef. I'll fix your father some food.
JUNIOR
(reluctantly)
Grandpa likes noodles. I'll tell Daddy to fix him some noodles.
Ken Kedem looks from one to the other, obviously confused.
KEN KEDEM
What's going on here? And what father are you talking about?
IVY KEDEM
Chris, of course. He came to visit them, and apparently he cooked jollof.
KEN KEDEM
(laughing)
Oh, don't kill me! Chris? Cooking? Dear Lord, guy can't even boil hot water!
JUNIOR
Ha! You don't know! Just wait! Daddy will fix you the best noodles you ever tasted, Grandpa. For you, he will fix it, but he wouldn't fix it for Grandma because she hates Daddy and wants him in prison again and again and again and forever and ever and eveeer!!!
EFFE
Junior!
JUNIOR
True, true, true, true!
He flees up the stairs. Ken Kedem shakes his head and sits down heavily.
KEN KEDEM
Please, who's fixing me some chow? My wife or my daughter?
EFFE
(gently)
Let's see if Chris will cook for you, Daddy.
KEN KEDEM
(explosively)
Now would you stop that nonsense??
IVY KEDEM
(sitting beside him)
It's true, honey, if it's really true he cooked the jollof. It was real tasty!
KEN KEDEM
I'm not eating any man's concoction! Ef, please go and get me something to eat, and stop this buffoonery!
EFFE
Okay, Daddy. Just let me change first.
She climbs up the stairs, and a moment later Junior appears on the landing holding his father's left middle finger and bringing him down.
They meet halfway on the stairs, and Chris stands aside to let Effe pass.
Their eyes make contact, and hold, and at the point where she is just passing him she stops, and they are pushed very close to each other because Junior is pushing his way past her.
It is a split second when they are chest to chest, face to face, thigh to thigh.
His eyes drop to her sensual lips. She can see the top of his chest, where the hairs are showing, hairs that she had loved tweaking and running her hands through.
Their eyes meet, and for a fraction of a second she feels his hand brush gently over the swell of her hip up to her waist, as if he means to take her into his arms.
She makes a little gasping noise, her knees going weak with sudden emotion.
IVY KEDEM
(sharply)
EFFE!!!
The magic is broken, and her eyes looks down painfully at her mother's upturned face.
Chris walks past her, and she looks after him furiously, desperately, before her angry eyes focus on her mother with sudden and alien dislike.
She turns and hurries to her room, closing the door and leaning against it, her eyes closed, her breathing fast and uneasy.
Oh, Chris! Oh, Chris! Why did you do this to us? Why in the name of God did you have to rape my best friend?
Chris enters the kitchen, and his huge hands ball up into tight fists. He breathing is unsteady. His face is screwed up into lines of longing and torture.
Junior touches his wrist, and he looks down and fights the pain in his heart.
JUNIOR
You have started loving Mommy again, haven't you, Daddy?
He smiles tightly at his son, and then he tries to smile.
CHRIS
I never stopped loving her, Champ.
He moves away and begins to cook.
Junior leaves him and goes for his jollof.
A few moments later he returns with his jollof, sets up his table, and begins to eat.
Mr. Ken Kedem pokes his head into the kitchen, and then he slowly enters.
He walks forward, drawn by the delicious aroma, and stands gaping with shock as Chris works with the dexterity of a master five-star chef.
KEN KEDEM
(stunned)
I'll be damned! You really can cook. Darn it!
Chris does not speak.
Effe and her mother enter the kitchen, and they stand at vantage points watching him.
Finally, he steps back and looks warily at his former father-in-law.
CHRIS
It's done.
He has cooked Italian noodles with lamb and cattle chops, and sizzled them in a blend of herbs and sauce.
KEN KEDEM
(mouth watering)
Go on, Chris, serve me, darn it. I'm famished.
CHRIS
(calmly)
I'm not serving you. I'm not your wife.
Junior giggles with his mouth full of jollof.
He chokes, and Chris rushes to his side with a glass of water.
CHRIS
Hey. Don't laugh when you're eating.
Junior takes a sip of the water.
Ken Kedem looks after Chris with angry eyes as he picks up a plate and a ladle, but Effe takes them from him.
EFFE
(suppressing a smile)
Let me, Dad.
KEN KEDEM
(looking at Chris)
Look at your big head!
Chris, standing beside his son, looks up, and he giggles, and Junior laughs, and Ken Kedem also laughs, and Effe smiles as she serves her father.
Ivy Kedem looks on, and she is deeply disturbed, because suddenly the scene looks just like it used to be.
The easy camaraderie between Chris and her husband is back, something Steve has never been able to achieve with Ken.
And Ivy is not happy at all.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more episodes here: www.youngicee.com/the-JAILBIRD

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2018
Please l need to get your comments if you're following here.

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Oyinprince:
Please l need to get your comments if you're following here.

I am seriously following here. Y cant u call ur readers?
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
iamloyalty:

I am seriously following here. Y cant u call ur readers?
Mentioning people always looks tedious to me shocked and I think some people have read the updates on the blog.
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:00am On Feb 11, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

She had expected him to be sorry, to give her a reason, to be stricken with his guilt, but his anger, his bitterness, and the almost infinitesimal note of revulsion in his voice shocks her at first, and then fills her with a blast of confusion.
EFFE
What do you mean by that, Chris? What are you talking about?
He snatches his arm away from her grip, and glares at her with venom in his eyes.
CHRIS
(disgusted)
My God, you deserve an Oscar, Effe! You're not going to let go, are you? Well, I know all about your grand plans, and I know why you came to that hotel room at that time, so give me a break, would you?
He turns away again and this time his steps are hurried.
Confused, shocked and totally flustered, Effe chases him.
She draws him back and stands in front of him, and her eyes search his face desperately, searching for a fake sign on his face, a deceitful look in his eyes.
EFFE
(softly)
I don't know what's going on here, Chris. I had a fight with you that day. You told me you were not coming home that night so I should lock up. I didn't know where you were, and Elaine decided to come and look for you, to bring you back home. Evidently Steve and Jonathan, your two best friends then, knew you checked into that hotel, and told Elaine. Elaine came to you, and later she called me from the bathroom that you were very drunk, and you wanted to rape her. You were preventing her from leaving. She gave me the name of the hotel and the room number, and then I heard her scream into the phone. I left Junior with Eyram and drove to the hotel. When I entered the room, which wasn't locked, you on were on top of Elaine, naked, your hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming, and you were evidently raping her! Her clothes were on the floor, torn! Her panties were torn! You were raping her, Chris! So don't you stand there and talk to me as if I didn't know what I saw!
Chris sighs deeply, and for a very fleeting time a look of deep shame spreads across his face. He shakes his head sadly, and then he looks at Effe.
CHRIS
(softly)
Alright, Effe. If that's how you want to play it, we'll play it your way. But I must tell you something I couldn't tell you when I met you, because I was so much in love with you, and I was scared that if you ever found out about it you would leave me.
He stops. She reaches out and grabs his T-shirt and shakes him.
EFFE
What is it, Chris? What did you keep from me?
CHRIS
(bitterly)
Elaine's school was close to ours. She used to visit Steve at school very often. Steve told me she was his childhood friend, and also your friend. Steve used to carry your picture around telling everyone he was going to marry you someday. I didn't know you then, but I knew Elaine very well. She and I connected and began a relationship.
Effe is stunned.
She takes a step back and looks up into Chris' face with a shock so profound that for a moment she falters.
She shakes her head slowly as if warding off invisible blows.
EFFE
(hoarsely)
What? Oh no, Chris!
CHRIS
(shamefaced)
Yes, she was my girlfriend. I dated her for close to a year before I came with Steve that vacation and met you, and fell in love with you. Before I met you, I promised Elaine I would marry her, but I was young, okay, and I would say anything to get between the legs of a girl. I was selfish and stupid, and I didn't think with my head. When I fell in love with you I told Elaine I could not be with her. So, you see, Elaine and I were intimate before I met you. Now that you know that, juxtapose that with the fact that you saw me raping a woman who was my girlfriend and who had been intimate with me for one year! She used to like being pushed and smacked and roughed up during lovemaking. I hated it, but went along to make her happy.
Effe almost falls.
She cannot believe what she is hearing!
Chris and Elaine?
And she had never known? Elaine?
ELAINE??
Suddenly a whole lot of things begin to make sense.
She understands now why Elaine hates Chris so much!
Oh, dear Lord! What had really happened in that hotel room that day?
Dear Lord, what insinuations had Chris been casting just a few minutes ago?
She takes stumbling steps forward and falls against him.
Her tears are hot on her cheeks and like a dam in her eyes.
EFFE
(hoarsely)
Chris, please. What happened that day in the hotel room? Please tell me, please!! What did Elaine tell you?
Chris laughs then.
It is a bitter, harsh laugh that makes her flinch with sudden trepidation.
CHRIS
(voice low)
Now she wants to know! After almost six years, she wants me to speak! Wow! Are you not the same one who refused to listen to anything I had to say that day? Are you not the one who said I disgusted you and refused to speak to me ever again, even through my trial and imprisonment? Now, after almost SIX years YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU MY SIDE OF THE STORY? Well, guess what... I don't want to talk about it! You have Steve now, you're making love to him, you're going to marry him ...go right ahead and leave me in peace.
EFFE
(softly)
Nothing has happened between Steve and I, Chris. That night, maybe I would've made love to him because I was thinking about you, all the time, and I was getting confused. I finally wanted to give way and make love to him, to see if maybe I would forget you, and finally get over the pain of you. But it wouldn't have worked, would it? You're so much a part of my soul, Chris.
CHRIS
Stop it, Effe, please. Just go ahead and marry him. It's okay with me. I'll try and live through it.
EFFE
I didn't make love to him, Chris. I've never made love to anybody in the five years you were away. I want you to believe that, Chris. To me, I was still married to you, because you hadn't signed the divorce papers, and I could never be unfaithful to you.
CHRIS
(harshly)
And you want me to believe that? Well, I don't believe it, Effe!
He moves past her, but she will not let him pass.
She holds tight to him, and they trip, and crash down hard on the beautiful soft woollen rug.
He is lying on his back, and she has fallen on top of him.
She raises her upper body up, and she looks into his pained eyes.
She feels his powerful frame beneath her. She looks at his lips... slightly-parted now, lips that rained fire and ice on her soul, lips that used to kiss every inch of her body and brought shivering delight to her body.
Tears dripped off her chin and fell on his lips.
She feels his hands on her waist, and she can feel him beneath her.
Slowly Effe lowers her head, and her lips cover his.
She half-expects to find his teeth tight together as her tongue probe, but his lips open, and she feels his hunger impaling her lips.
EFFE
(trembling)
Oh, Chris! Chris-Love!
His arms go around her, crushing her to his chest, one hand sliding deliciously down her right thigh, another hand travelling up to cup her breast.
Time is suspended.
Their hunger and desire is more than a craving. It is as important as breathing.
Her hands dive under his T-shirt, curling into his skin, revelling in the feel of his chest hair.
His tongue blazes a path down her throat.
She can feel him beneath her, hard and raging. Her body responds, and she fits herself into his arms.
CHRIS
(groaning, thirsty)
Effe! My Princess... my love... my breath!
And then the door crashes open, and Steve enters the living-room.
Steve sees them in that passionate volcanic explosion on the floor, and he screams and throws his briefcase away.
He leans down, grabs Effe's arm, and pulls her off Chris with a savage scream of jealousy!
Effe stands, angry, bitter, almost hating the enraged man for interrupting what she is sure would have been a journey of forgiveness between her and Chris, journey that would have healed wounds and united their hearts with the arrow of love from Cupid’s Bow, a bow that has rusted but has never left their hearts.
STEVE
(screaming into her face)
You filthy LovePeddler! You damn bitch! How could you do this to me? How on earth could you do a thing like that?
Chris gets to his feet slowly.
Steve is too enraged to control himself. He draws back his hand to strike the shocked Effe.
Chris speaks softly.
CHRIS
(icily)
Lay a hand on her, and I'll break every damn bone in your body!
Steve turns and fixes Chris with eyes blazing with uncontrolled and absolutely unbridled hatred.
STEVE
You bastard! You son of a bitch! Get out of here! She's mine, do you understand? She's my LovePeddler now, so keep the f*** away from here, you motherf***er!
Chris turns, opens the door, and goes out.
A moment later the sound of his motorbike leaving the compound come to them.
And then Steve turns and slaps Effe hard across the face!
The blow rocks her head back, and she gasps, not so much with pain but with the shock of the action.
She feels a stinging across her right cheek, and she knows the welts of his fingers will be showing red on her cheeks.
She glares at him, and her fury is sizzling hot.
EFFE
(furious)
You hit me? I can take your anger and your insults, because I admit I caused you pain! But you raise your hand against me? Get out of here, Steve. Get the hell out of my house or I will get you escorted.
He is contrite immediately.
His face is filled with remorse as he walks towards her dejectedly.
STEVE
(remorsefully)
Darling, I'm extremely sorry. Couldn't help it. Seeing you like... like that ...with him. I couldn't take it. I'm sorry.
He tries to take her in his arms. She flinches from him.
EFFE
(softly)
I warned you once, Steve, when you hit me, that if it happens a third time I'll kick you out of my life for good. A man that raises his hand against his woman is not the kind of man I'll spend my life with. This is the second time. Get out, Steve! I want to be alone now.
He holds her hand, and tears shimmer in his eyes.
STEVE
(contrite)
Forgive me, Effe. The pain was too much. It will never happen again, please.
She pulls her hand away.
EFFE
I'm going through a lot here, Steve. And I don't want to say things that I'll regret later. I'm very angry at you for hitting me. I don't for one second think that I didn't deserve some sort of retribution for what I did with Chris. I never wanted to cause you pain. The passions of the moment overtook us both, and I'm sorry for hurting you. That said, I'm very angry at you. Go away, Steve. We'll talk later.

STEVE
Honey, plea-
EFFE
(stridently)
Just go, Steve!
She turns and flees up the stairs.
Steve contemplates going after her, but he knows it will only aggravate the situation.
He picks up his briefcase and, dejectedly, walks out.

JAILBIRD continues

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

SHIASHIE - 37 HOSPITAL ROAD
Steve drives for a while, and then he stops the car and gets out. He slams the door with fury and kicks at one of the tyres.

His head is thudding with pain as he recollects the sight on the floor. He sees Effe, so aggressive as she strains passionately on top of Chris.
She has never shown such passion with him, such abandon, such incredible fervour.
STEVE
(with tormented wrath)
Bleep you, Chris! Bleep you to hell!
Some passers-by and people in their cars give him very strange looks, but he is oblivious to them.
He takes out his phone and dials.
AFFUL
(drunkenly)
Hey, hey, Stevo, my main man! What ails you, Rasta?
STEVE
(voice trembling)
Just saw Effe kissing Chris!
AFFUL
(shocked)
You drunk?
STEVE
(angry)
Cut the bullpile, nigga! Just saw it! Tearing my heart apart, brother!
AFFUL
Ouch! That must have maimed you good!
STEVE
It's killing me! You told me you were cooking up some plan to get rid of that bastard for life. How's it going, Jon? I need him off the scene!
AFFUL
(condescendingly)
I'm on my way to base. Come over. And don't fret your ass none, bro. Chris Bawa is being taken care of. He will go to prison again, believe me.
STEVE
(shouting)
It should be fucking soon before I go to jail for murder!
AFFUL
(chuckling)
Chris is sorted, bro. Come over. I'll tell you all about it! You'll love it! There's some shit like that in the Bible, right? Some damn Bible quotation I heard once in church by the Reverend Brand Bawa. It goes like 'the Egyptians you see now, you'll never see again.' Well, Mr. Steve Hollison, let me assure you that very, very soon, the Chris Bawa you see right now, you will never see again! Come over, bro. I got some Chinese women here. Firm ass, huge tits, come and have a sex party, bro!
STEVE
(laughing)
Oooooooohhh yeaaaaaah! Nothing like a piece of imported Asian ass to heal a broken heart, huh? But I want Chris gone, Jon. This time forever!
AFFUL
It is done, bro. Stop fretting yourself. Bring your dick here and screw Soo Ming Shushan Lee Khangizi or whatever the Bleep her name is. Chris is sorted. I have his ass cooked for sure this time.
EYRAM'S RESIDENCE - NIGHT
Eyram's front door opens and she comes out, followed by Rupert.
She is wearing a simple sleeveless dress that stops just above her knees.
Her hair is held back in a ponytail, and in the glimmering moonlight she looks extremely beautiful indeed, like an angel.
Rupert, in dark blue baggy shorts, ash T-shirt and blue sneakers, cuts a smart figure besides her.
As they laugh and walk towards his car, Eyram notices Baaba Brooks on the veranda of the Boys Quarters, evidently waiting for Chris, and the smile dies from her face.
Rupert follows her gaze and also sees the woman on the veranda.
He deliberately steps in front of Eyram and looks critically at her, the laughter also dying from his lips.
RUPERT
(softly)
Eyram, I've fallen in love with you, and I know my life without you in it will be meaningless. Not one second passes without a thought of you. Working so close to you is also an agony. I thought we were heading somewhere, until your brother-in-law came on the scene, but you convinced me he has no place in your life. So, what is preventing you from accepting me and marrying me?
Eyram looks up at him desperately. He is right, of course.
Theirs had not been a whirlwind sort of love. Eyram had had a few flings in her life, and one very serious relationship, but she had always had cold feet when it came to the final commitment.
She had gradually grown close to Rupert, and she respects him a lot.
He is stable, and he is committed, and he is a White South African.
He is handsome, wealthy and incredibly loving. He is the kind of man many women will always dream about.
She had been sure she wanted to marry him and settle down and raise a litter of half-castes.
Until Chris had rolled in from prison, and she cannot get that one stolen kiss she had given him so many years ago out of her system.
She now raises a hand and puts it on Ruperts' arm.
EYRAM
(gently)
I love you too, Rupert. But marriage is a life-long commitment, and I'm just asking for a little bit more time, okay? I'll definitely be for you.
His kind and gentle eyes search her face.
RUPERT
There is ...no one else?
He had almost mentioned Chris' name, and she knows it. She sighs heavily, noting the worry lines furrowing his brow.
He is extremely sensitive, and hurt so much over the trivialities of life, and she knows she has to reassure him.
She sidles close to him and links her arms around his neck.
EYRAM
There's no one else, Rupert. I'm just being kind to Chris. He has a child with my sister, Rupert! It is a taboo to be with him. Why should you even think of such a thing?
Rupert gives a shaky laugh, and runs his hands down her arms lovingly.
RUPERT
So, what if he didn't have a child with Effe, my dear? Would he still be insignificant?
Eyram forces herself to giggle.
EYRAM
Don't be silly, Rupe. Chris will always be just like a brother to me, nothing more. I'll never be attracted to him.
That pleases him, and she sees it. His arms go around her, and when his head descends she opens her lips to receive his kiss, and returns his passion with an ardent desire of her own, so that when they finally part he steps back with a groan, his eyes glazed with desire.
RUPERT
Eyram, my love, please don't keep me waiting too long.
She smiles at him, pulls him close and presses her lips to his again.
There is suddenly a bright glare and she tenses and whips her head round.
Chris has just ridden in on his motorbike, and its headlight has caught her in the arms of Rupert.
Rupert laughs and tries to kiss her again, but she has gone rigid in his arms, and she shakes as his lips touches hers, and after a rather perfunctory smack she steps out of the circle of his arms and smiles wanly at him.
He fights down his sudden insecurity which is making him feel an alien and violent bout of jealousy, and smiles tightly at her.
EYRAM
Just a little bit more time, Rupe. I won't keep you waiting too long, I promise.
He smiles at her and gets into his car.
He executes a U-turn perfectly and waves to her. She waves back, and turns towards the front door.
Rupert drives slowly, peering into his driving-mirror at her, and he nods his head gently with satisfaction when he sees her get into the house and close the door behind her.
He speeds out, and tries hard to calm his troubled heart.
Eyram leans against the door to make sure Rupert is gone, and then she puts off the lights on her porch and steps back out unto the dark porch and looks at the Boys Quarters....
And at Chris and Baaba!
JAILBIRD continues tomorrow.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? / Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama / Revived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 317
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.