Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Atiku Indicted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Indicted (9320 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Indicted by Mamajama(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2007
Senate panel indict ATIKU over $100 million allegedly found in his house. looking for link to this story
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2007
MAMAJAMA

I smell rat!!!

Find the link fast, pleeeeeeeeease
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mamajama(m): 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2007
I am looking oh, I want to know where BBC got that news from. still no links on cnn or google, anyone with info on this news habi everybody for Nigeria don sleep
Re: Atiku Indicted by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2007
A Nigerian Senate investigation has accused Vice-President Atiku Abubakar of diverting $145m from public funds into private interests.

A Senate committee called for Mr Abubakar to be "sanctioned". The vice-president is protected from criminal indictment while in office.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm You forgot to check the BBC website.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mamajama(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2007
Thanks Seun wao, I wonder what will all PRO ATIKU have to say to this finding as well? is this OBJ again? EFCC keep saying this man is a criminal and now its time for DRAMA. ATIKU should resign with no further action, this will be the appropriate thing to do, but where will he go now?
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2007
another accusation, I am yet to see any concrete evidence.

loans to friends when he didn't own the bank, a good 6 months after the money was deposited,

where all the money of PTDF has been returned with interest not 1 kobo missing?

puleeze come up with something more believable.

people smuggled 170.000 and bought farm equipment for the president, no one is talking about that.

this is a witch hunt pure and simple.
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2007
Re: Atiku Indicted by BigB11(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2007
Definitely, the man should pay if he's found guilty of any wrong-doing; but I'm sorry, this story looks or sounds like the same old story.

I guess, time will tell.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mamajama(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2007
debosky  a thief is a thief how can you compare apple to oranges $170.000 is what % of $145.000 Million?  what is

wrong with  some Nigerian self.  SO we should leave ATIKU and let him come finish this country?  where did HIM ATIKU

got the money to fund his International AMERICAN School in Miner?  Who is providing him money for trips oversears? I

know most of his financial privileges has been restricted and confine, but he continue to fly out of Nigeria like he is

going to OSHODI market. this man is corrupt and must be stopped at all cost.  why can't we accept some good

development in Nigeria? once all this corrupt leader are exposed we support them without knowing how wicket and

atrocious they are
Re: Atiku Indicted by azorjiu(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2007
Atiku's position has become untenable. He should resign and face the music. This is his waterloo.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mamajama(m): 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2007
THIE ACCUSATION IS The vice-president "abused his office by aiding and abetting the diversion of public funds in the sum of $145million" as loans to his friends

Why must he continue to represent Nigeria? this is a stiff allegation and he was found guilty by 2 panel

Its time for MR Vice presido to go
Re: Atiku Indicted by mowapa(m): 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2007
THE failure of majority of members of the Senate Ad-hoc Committee that investigated the activities of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) to invite President Olusegun Obasanjo has divided the Committee. That committee today submits its report to the Senate, amidst indications that it promises to be a dramatic day.

It was on the strength of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) report on the PTDF that a Federal Government Administrative Panel of Enquiry indicted Vice President Atiku Abubakar. That indictment is being touted in political circles as the reason why he may be stopped from contesting the nation's highest office.

A member of the Senate Ad-hoc Committee, Senator Titus Olupitan, yesterday disagreed with his colleagues on the modus operandi employed by the Committee, and wondered why President Obasanjo was not invited to state his side after the Vice President mentioned him in some of the activities of PTDF[b][/b]

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/feb/27/14.html
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2007
Nigerian journalists are shit, the breaking news on Guardian is just copy and paste of PM News paragraph 2.
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2007
The Senate an unbiassed body have indicted both. So Atiku is still not eligible to contest.
Re: Atiku Indicted by quartz: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2007
please i need to know unitybank website,my email ad ic ug_okenwa@yahoo.com
Re: Atiku Indicted by mowapa(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2007
BOTH OBJ and ATIKU were INDICTED BY THE SENATE

Senate indicts Obasanjo, Atiku over PTDF scandal
President Olusegun Obasanjo and Vice President Atiku Abubakar have been indicted by the Senate ad-hoc committee which investigated the activities of the controversial Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF). The committee, which submitted its report to the Senate on Tuesday, specifically accused President Obasanjo of abuse of office and diversion of PTDF fund to purposes other than those for which the funds were meant. But despite indicting both Obasanjo and Atiku in the management of the funds, the committee failed to recommend any punitive measures for them, referring the aspect to the Senate to decide.
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2007
diversion of the funds to where mamajama? ALL PTDF funds have been paid back with interest so where is the diversion?

the only claim they have is that a bank (an independent corporate body) which had PTDF funds placed in it gave a loan 6 months after money was placed to a so called friend of Atiku.

that is a frivolous and non existent claim.

he owns a large chunk of INTELS logistics serving the oil industry, he's been into that long before government so he can afford a few trips abroad thank you.

thank God you know he has no access to govt funds so he must be using his personal money.

if 1 kobo is shown to be missing from PTDF accounts i'll believe your claim.

Obj was the one if anyone to commit an offense by using PTDF funds for other purposes.

ALL i keep hearing is this unsubstantiated claim of Atiku loaning money to friends. The bank did business with the money placed there. Isn't that what banks are supposed to do? how else do you think they pay interest?

come up with something concrete. these people are just making pie-in-the-sky claims.
Re: Atiku Indicted by azorjiu(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2007
If found culpable, appropriate sanctions should be meted out to both atiku and obj .

Any way it goes, atiku has no moral right to contest for president. He lost that right the day he became a traitor.
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2007
what moral right are you going on about?

who did he betray to become a traitor? his loyalty is to Nigerians and the constitution, not a man who believes himself to be a demi-god.
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2007
THIE ACCUSATION IS  The vice-president "abused his office by aiding and abetting the diversion of public funds in the sum of $145million" as loans to his friends

Anybody here still supporting Atiku or OBJ is mad.

Today, a Liberian minister resigns over sex scandal. (Just mere sex)
http://www.africatalkingdrum.com/news/index.php

Look, we are talking about $145million (not $145)
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2007
where is the proof, I repeat where is the proof?

if it is the same money that was returned WITH INTEREST to the PTDF by the bank, then you have no case

it has not been established that Atiku is friends with Adenuga, he is more likely a friend to Obj with his frequent visits to aso rock and his construction of a building at obj's bells university

there is absolutely no proof of any diversion, because the money is intact with interest at the PTDF

if there is one shred of proof, then I will believe

i'm sure if the same bank loaned me money 6 months after they will say it is PTDF's money that was loaned. utter rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2007
debosky,

You are insulting our intelligence with your stupid post asking for proof.

Just do us a favor, piss off and shut your mouth.

Do you have a dead brain or it's malfunctioning?

G-U-S-H
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2007
you are of little or no intelligence if you believe hearsay and utter lies and accept them as proof.

I have given my own evidence disproving the allegations, I only ask the same of you.

was the money returned from the bank with interest? YES

is there any evidence (not dreams in someones head) that Atiku influenced any loans or got loans for friends? NO

so what is the crime? where is the diversion?

but I guess you are unschooled in the simple principles of backing up claims with proof that you think you can use agbero tactics and shout me down.

PROOF! I stand on that till one shred is presented here.

If you insist of acting like an idiot and not thinking, then i will have no choice but to insult your so called intelligence with logical reasoning
Re: Atiku Indicted by azorjiu(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2007
Running round the whole of europe and america like a man with an ant in his pants will not help him. He's a goner.

He betrayed his office. He betrayed his nation. He betrayed nigeria.

Mr investor indeed. He will invest our foreign reserve in his private bank if he becomes the president. We don't want that. No
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2007
was the money returned from the bank with interest? YES

We are talking about $145million (not $145)

I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E!!!
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2007
who did he betray to become a traitor? his loyalty is to Nigerians and the constitution, not a man who believes himself to be a demi-god.

Probably part of that loyalty to Nigerians and the constitution include:

Discussing the Government's security policy on the pages of the Newspaper and alleging that a Govt he is part of is wrongly deploying $2b for importation of ammunition.
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2007
evidence please, i'm tired of people making emotional outbursts without backing them up, it smacks of poor reasoning and lack of objectivity

@ shutmouth, go and see the reports on PTDF accounts, not 1 kobo missing, there's nothing impossible about that.

@ McKren that comment was wrong and uncalled for, finally someone says something tangible to back up a claim.

it was irresponsible to say such things, but it is only in the light of the tactics of the PDP government, i'm not excusing it, just putting it in context
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2007
The cup is full

[size=48pt]Atiku Must Resign Now[/size]
Re: Atiku Indicted by BigB11(m): 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2007
@shutmouth:
Please, provide us with the evidence.

@debosky:
Please, don't waste your time with McKren; he usually runs away when he's cornered. The guy has no balls and tends to follow.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mariory(m): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2007
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2007
BigB1

You are simply looking for an ally, hope debosky becomes one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Indicted by shutmouth(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2007
Borders Are Closed for Atiku, No Escape This Time

EFCC Confirmed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NUPENG Begins Strike Today / Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / NERC Ignores Nairalander's Complaints Against Ibedc's Illegal Disconnection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.