Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. (15836 Views)

Honda Accord 2002 Crank But Won't Start On Cold Mornings / I Need A Ride In The Mornings From Abraham Adesanya (ajah) To Anthony (maryland) / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by pattybf(f): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2017
bigass:
Big gazzuzz. in the spirit of the season. i apologize for my rant yesterday. i am very sorry

It shall be well with you and your generation.
May you have peace in the coming year.
May the devil never get hold of you
May the peace of God be with you.
May your family enjoy peace and harmony
May your business prosper and grow and may sky be your limit.
May your wife be as loving and understanding as you want her
May you or any of your associate never have cancer
May god bless you with Good health and prosperity
May your enemies never prevail over you.

Amen!!

Interesting wonderland!

2 Likes

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2017
kunlexy1759:
please, which other Korea battery can u suggest 4us is good.

I have been using an ORIGINAL Hankook close to 3 years now and it still show no signs of weakness; can travel for more than a week without disconnecting battery terminals.
It really depends on getting a GOOD BRAND, ORIGINAL and FRESH.

"Good brand" explains itself so no need for explanation.

For original, battery sellers do a lot of shoddy things e.g. selling a 60AH as 75AH (they swap stickers) etc. When I went to buy my current battery, I first got some other car parts and asked those car part sellers for a shop that stocked genuine batteries; all without fail mentioned a particular shop. Now this was the car parts market at Nnewi where you have loads of battery sellers (importers sef). Truth be told the batteries at the shop cost a bit higher but seller assured me they were genuine. It's been good since.

Fresh: Batteries are perishable and have expiry dates. On a lighter note batteries can be likened to tomatoes. This is why Duracell batteries will have a date stamped on it e.g 2020, 2023 etc. So when buying a battery you must learn how to read the production date code. Its usually something like 5F3Y90 where 5 means 2015 and F June. Some makers will reverse the 1st 2 digits. Sellers want to sell older batteries first so be on the lookout.

The final thing I do is that I insist on the sellers doing a load test on the battery. If it comes out weak or needs a charge I don't buy.

2 Likes

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by mayor2013: 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
Piyke:

I have been using an ORIGINAL Hankook close to 3 years now and it still show no signs of weakness; can travel for more than a week without disconnecting battery terminals.

For original, battery sellers do a lot of shoddy things e.g. selling a 60AH as 75AH (they swap stickers) etc. When I went to buy my current battery, I first got some other car parts and asked those car part sellers for a shop that stocked genuine batteries; all without fail mentioned a particular shop. Now this was the car parts market at Nnewi where you have loads of battery sellers (importers sef). Truth be told the batteries at the shop cost a bit higher but seller assured me they were genuine. It's been good since.

Fresh: Batteries are perishable and have expiry dates. On a lighter note batteries can be likened to tomatoes. This is why Duracell batteries will have a date stamped on it e.g 2020, 2023 etc. So when buying a battery you must learn how to read the production date code. Its usually something like 5F3Y90 where 5 means 2015 and F June. Some makers will reverse the 1st 2 digits. Sellers want to sell older batteries first so be on the lookout.

The final thing I do is that I insist on the sellers doing a load test on the battery. If it comes out weak or needs a charge I don't buy.

Merry Xmas sir..been a long time

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
mayor2013:

Merry Xmas sir..been a long time

Same to you bro. Wishing you a larger customer base in 2018!

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by mayor2013: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Piyke:

Amen grin and more dirty hands wink

2 Likes

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Piyke:

hmmmmm, hope u don't also pray for undertakers, police and some other professionals, this way. no offense intended!!

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by kunlexy1759(m): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Thanks bro.
Piyke:

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by kunlexy1759(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
nurey:
I can specifically vouch for 3 batteries, the first one is ankor or so red carton with yellow eagle head drawn on it 3years plus running on Honda accord DC with 75AH rating. It was bought 12k in 2014

Abro jet 62AH running in a 2006 Toyota corolla one and a half years now no issue. Like torquise blue carton. It was bought 30k in 2016

The last and sure one is the Koba battery made in Korea a 75AH Ba3 used in my 2000 Toyota sienna It was bought in 2015 though by my brother in law and it has never disappointed or failed before. It has been used to Crank a car till it was weak. I just popped it back in my car and it worked once.

I also used it to queue for fuel for 26hrs starting my engine like 50times in 30secs interval and it never was weak. It was bought 22k in 2015

All the batteries were bought at ebute meta around abeokuta Street.
thanks.
I hv bn using Atlas battery for d past 4 yrs in a v6 engine and it just get weak due to a weak alternator. Don't you think atlas, made Korea, is also one of d reliables. Or its just a luck.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by nurey(m): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
kunlexy1759:
thanks.
I hv bn using Atlas battery for d past 4 yrs in a v6 engine and it just get weak due to a weak alternator. Don't you think atlas, made Korea, is also one of d reliables. Or its just a luck.

I have Never had experience with it but you can vouch for it since it served you well.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by kunlexy1759(m): 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
I appreciate u.
nurey:

I have Never had experience with it but you can vouch for it since it served you well.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by bizzleAds: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2017
Mskrisx:

Jehovah that sees the heart knows I will never forget this singular gesture of urs....
thanks bro you really got a heart of GOLD!
Amen to your prayers and I really appreciate.

compliments
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by macsilver(m): 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
I'm using one. I've drycell battery. It is called ACCESS. Wherever you see it please buy it. It's nice. I bought it may Last year and so far it has NEVER given me any issue (except yesterday and that was because my radio was on and an inner light from yesterday till today). Expiry date is 2020 and it promises to serve me until then. �
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by valarinz: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
mgbadike81:
chairman, I love classic cars,I want to restore my dad's Volvo 240GL which is still in running condition but need serious body and interior works, however everybody I have told about it is discouraging me by saying that it costs a fortune to maintain and run a Volvo especially for someone that have other financial engagements, none of the people saying this is a mechanic but one is a commercial lorry driver, please, how true is this? thank you in advance for your response.

Its very much possible to restore the car, if you're in Lagos, contact me so I'll link u up with a mech that specializes in that car model

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by mgbadike81: 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
valarinz:

Its very much possible to restore the car, if you're in Lagos, contact me so I'll link u up with a mech that specializes in that car model
thank you, but I'm in the east.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
pointstores:
in Lagos it can be sent to any location call 08166117634
Thanks I have got One.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by effectsmo: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
on an unrelated topic GAZZUZZ where can I get solenoid kit for 09a transmission system? thank you
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Hexilon: 7:24am On Jan 21, 2018
What's the average price of an original Hancock or Abro 75ah battery??
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2018
Hexilon:
What's the average price of an original Hancock or Abro 75ah battery??

I supply batt, everstart 25k
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Hexilon: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

My meco, gave me a GLACE as new year gift. I hope say no be one chance..
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Gazzuzz you made my battery to run down angry ayam watching you o cheesy

How can you just open this thread and then my battery decides to give up angry

Well, I will run tests for parasitic draws. I made some changes recently which I am suspecting...I observed that the fuse for the rear defroster has not been in place since I bought the car. I noticed this while working to fix a headlight issue over the weekend and come Tuesday I had a very weak start.
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
Piyke:
Gazzuzz you made my battery to run down angry ayam watching you o cheesy

How can you just open this thread and then my battery decides to give up angry

Well, I will run tests for parasitic draws. I made some changes recently which I am suspecting...I observed that the fuse for the rear defroster has not been in place since I bought the car. I noticed this while working to fix a headlight issue over the weekend and come Tuesday I had a very weak start.

No parasitic draws. Battery has just reached the end of the road. Got a new ATLASBX battery. Word in the market is that Hankook is no longer as reliable. ATLASBX makes Hankook undecided
Will see how this goes. Battery was produced June 2017
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by sacramento1212: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
Piyke:

No parasitic draws. Battery has just reached the end of the road. Got a new ATLASBX battery. Word in the market is that Hankook is no longer as reliable. ATLASBX makes Hankook undecided
Will see how this goes. Battery was produced June 2017

Hello sir, if i may ask, how much did you get the AtlasBX battery and how many amps?
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
sacramento1212:

Hello sir, if i may ask, how much did you get the AtlasBX battery and how many amps?

21k 68amps
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by sacramento1212: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Piyke:

21k 68amps

Ok..Thanks
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Before getting a my new battery I finally got the opportunity to use my portable jump starter. It's amazing how these small things work. Highly recommended. I used the opportunity to make a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfhwN7ZQSo

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by 3kay945(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Piyke:
Before getting a my new battery I finally got the opportunity to use my portable jump starter. It's amazing how these small things work. Highly recommended. I used the opportunity to make a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfhwN7ZQSo

How can I get this device and amount?
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by Piyke: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
3kay945:

How can I get this device and amount?

Depends on where you live. I have seen this at NEXT Abuja and it's also available online via Konga or Jumia. Prices on Konga start from 12k.

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by DUNKA(m): 1:48am On Feb 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

do you have the specs that can fit a 2005 Jeep liberty? Also how much to transport to Jos?
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by aieromon(m): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2018
Piyke:

What brand is this? Full name of the product please

Edit: Never mind,I've watched the video.

Thanks for this
Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by aieromon(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2022
Thread bump.

I've been seeing a lot of posts asking for car battery recommendations in the past week.

My list as at 2021
Trane
Bosch
Everstart
Hankook
Delkor
AC Diamond
Solite
Nova
Pioneer
Sebang
Starter
AIF
Gales

1 Like

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by olumzzz(m): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
aieromon:
Thread bump.

I've been seeing a lot of posts asking for car battery recommendations in the past week.

My list as at 2021
Trane
Bosch
Everstart
Hankook
Delkor
AC Diamond
Solite
Nova
Pioneer
Sebang
Starter
AIF
Gales
To buttress:
Trane, Bosch - I know and highly recommend.
However, anyone going for Hankook, Solite, AC Diamond and Gales should do their due diligence as inferior imitations now abound in the market

2 Likes

Re: Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. by buygala(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
bigass:
Big gazzuzz. in the spirit of the season. i apologize for my rant yesterday. i am very sorry

It shall be well with you and your generation.
May you have peace in the coming year.
May the devil never get hold of you
May the peace of God be with you.
May your family enjoy peace and harmony
May your business prosper and grow and may sky be your limit.
May your wife be as loving and understanding as you want her
May you or any of your associate never have cancer
May god bless you with Good health and prosperity
May your enemies never prevail over you.

Amen!!

grin

Moral of the story..

As Psquare talk am,.. No start wetin you no fit finish.... No go become George Finidi grin

Whatever it is you are, be gutsy enough to stand by it through thick and thin... Na once Pesin dey die cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG To Start "No Inspection, No Roadworthiness Certificate" Policy By January / $3million Bugatti Chiron Hypercar Gets A Worldwide Recall Over Bad Seat Welds / 10 Mind Blowing Fun Car Facts You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.