Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ (54512 Views)

My Boss Deceived Me Into Donating My Kidney Over Empty $20m Promise — Driver / Kehinde Kamal: How ‘Dr Kekere’ Removed My Kidney / Nigerian Man Slumps, Dies In Malaysia (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by ijustdey: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Biyi Adegoroye

A young adventurous Nigerian from Irua, in Edo State, has narrated how he was driven by poverty to sell his kidney for the sum of N15million in Malaysia.

The man, identified simply as Abu, said he had travelled to Kuala Lumpur in 2008 in search of greener pastures, when he ran into some Malaysians, who told him he could make good money by parting with one of his kidneys.

According to one of his associates, Sam Otarumene, who spoke to Sunday Telegraph, Abu was introduced to some medical agents in Malaysia who briefed him about the “business” and allayed his fears that he could die.

“He was told he could survive on one kidney, and was also assured that he had nothing to lose. Within a few days, some tests were conducted on him, and his organs were certified healthy,” Otarumene said.

Upon completion of the test, he was allegedly told he would be paid in Malaysian Ninggit, which when converted to Naira amounted to N20million. But the agents insisted on receiving 25 per cent of the sum, part of which covered his post-surgery recovery expenses.

An agreement was said to have been duly signed by himself, the agent and the family of the benefitting patient before the operation. He said that was a major requirement before the hospital accepted to perform the surgery.

He was checked into an unnamed hospital on a Friday in the February of 2009 and after preliminary medical procedure, sedated and his kidney harvested. Abu, allegedly received the money and after recovering from the surgery, returned to Nigeria.

Upon his return in 2010, he informed some of his friends about the “business,” and invested his money into private business.

“He first erected a storey building in Irua, and has since then been working with some politicians,” the associate mentioned earlier said.

Attempts to speak with him were rebuffed by Otanumene, who said the action was a guarded secret, because Abu only revealed it to a few of his associates, adding that he even showed them the scar left behind by the surgery.

He, however, showed our correspondent a video recording purportedly showing Abu spraying cash when a local musician described as Emperor Wadada, celebrated his 25 years on stage last year.

Clad in white attire, the fair-complexioned Abu danced excitedly before the musicians, spraying money as his accolades resonated from the local amplifiers. He said Abu is married with children and living happily by following his dietary instructions.

Otanumene said that contrary to reports of organ theft, many Nigerians enter into deals to sell off their kidney for a fee, adding that only in few cases were those organs actually sold without the consent of their owners.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/sold-kidney-n15m-malaysia/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by whonamehelp(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2017
try sell the second one

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by adebayo3449(m): 7:51am On Dec 24, 2017
The hussle is real

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by hisgrace090: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2017
What a bizarre act?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nutase: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2017
He should sell the 2nd one for 100 million. I'll get a buyer for him.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2017
every drunkard should embrace this opportunity than wasting two kidneys for nothing

Augustap

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Evablizin(f): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2017
shocked

Wow nice,is better than yahoo yahoo,stealing,killing and kidnapping.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by sinaj(f): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2017
People have mind o!

What will he do when the money finish.

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Escalze(m): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2017
sinaj:
People have mind o!

What will he do when the money finish.
He invested his money into a private business.

53 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by sinaj(f): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2017
Escalze:
He invested his money into a private business.
Hm at least he is smart enough.

13 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by ufuosman(m): 8:40am On Dec 24, 2017
na e choice

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
15m

To be sincere I wouldn't mind selling mine too
Buh then how.am I sure deh won't remove d two
Nd kill me
Or deh won't even pay me

217 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nigga44: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Just for 15m?

It shall never be well with poverty

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Missanneb(m): 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Get some sence nah
Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by ImpressionsNG: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Let me think out loud on behalf of many desperate people reading this thread... What's the procedure for getting Malaysian visa abeg? We want to go there and 'investigate' your claims.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by johnstar(m): 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Dis one is strong

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by SIMPLYkush: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Please how can i sell mine?
i will use all the money to have a threes0me with toke makinwa and yemi alade, their pussy is everything i hope for

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Ugoeze2016: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
weldone, should have sold your whole body. Kuku sell the other kidney, ungrateful and greedy boy

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Ikmontana1: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
does this involve jus me..cos I read a comment based on d number of likes n shares...

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by kidman96(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Na way....
Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by daroz(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
How can an Abu be from Irrua, Edo State.
I can see that this is another thread to bash us, the good pple of Edo State.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Pidginwhisper: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Those people wey dey sell kidney get mind Oooo! shocked what if dem pay for one kidney and cmot the 2 kidneys, leaving you to die and your body disposed shocked

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by falconey(m): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
The price is Good so I can't curse.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by MhizzAJ(f): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Poverty can make some people do anything

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by nkwuocha: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Better than dying in Libya.Losing a kidney for 15million is better than losing a life for nothing.

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
So 'unhuman'. So 'unnatural'. Civilization is constantly degrading. Is this how we intend to ascend to Kuznet curve?

Donate freely. Its God's giving. Not for sale.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by yesloaded: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
I can't sell my fingernails for 100million naira not to talk of internal organ

Well, if you need job or business tips, education tips, travel tips, check my signature/profile to visit my blog. All you need is there, we have special package for everyone by January, just visit our blog regularly to know what its all about and how to benefit

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by MrPresident1: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Is that Abumickey? grin

He sold his kidney for 15m built a storey building and is spraying money at a party? Lol. He used format for him people. That boy na Yahoo+ boy grin

14 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by heisenbergheise(m): 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
May be he was thinking
What did I even need two
Kidney for

At least
Him use am make
Money

Re: ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
undecideda

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

People Without Face-Masks In Indonesia Dig Grave As Punishment / Lady Runs Mad Inside Osogbo Popular Market, Causes Traffic Gridlock (pic) / Home Remedy For Whitlow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.