Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1161280 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anizi(f): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
Wondering where the 'anizi person' is uncalled for. If I gave u an information you found not right, u simply come back n correct me!!! Know all.

Ehimeomo:
Thanks @freshdad. It's been settled already angry. Only wondering where the @anizi person got her facts from. I'm good to go tho!! Appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameU: 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=Beautyaddy post=66067559]

As I already responded to this same post on another thread.

Apparently, that maternity birthing package that you used was meant for women who can show proof of being full time Maricopa County residents and of which you were not.

You were just an international resident who so happens to stay temporary in the county just for birthing purposes.

Beautyaddy i have also responded to your assertions on that thread as well. You have it wrong. I was offered the package when i contacted the hospital from Nigeria,stating i wanted to know about their prices for birthing. i never posed as a resident of maricopa county.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sorry
anizi:
Wondering where the 'anizi person' is uncalled for. If I gave u an information you found not right, u simply come back n correct me!!! Know all.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by simbolee(f): 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=MadameU post=66074160][/quote]

Maybe it's an oversight on the VOs part. Most hospitals always have self pay patients and it's cheaper too. Had my baby in 2016 and I got the below pricelist 2 months before I had my LO. Infact I kept asking if it wasn't Medicaid and they said NO. They even highlighted it before sending it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
Saldway:
Hello Mamaron,
She said she gave them both international and local addresses but they channelled all corresppndence to the US address and they insisted they dont send emails.

I meant on the forms.

E.g. passport application form or hospital form for applying for birth certificate. Where possible I gave my Nigerian address and where the form asked for mailing address then I put the U.S. address. For example item 8 on the passport form DS11 asks for mailing address and then item 19 asks for permanent address.... which should be the Nigerian address.

It's a minor detail but may be helpful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 2:33am On Mar 23, 2018
MadameU:
[/quote]

[quote author=MadameU post=66073978]

Sorry, I opted to respond to you here rather than the US visit visa thread so as not to derail it.

The problem is actually in the links you posted... in the first link, the Maricopa Integrated Healthcare System (MIHS) is clearly identified as a "public, safety-net hospital". Well what does this mean? A safety-net hospital is one that is required to receive Medicaid DSH payments because it serves a high share of low-income patients. See explanation in this link - http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2017/jun/financial-impact-ahca-on-safety-net-hospitals

Now if you go to the MIHS maternity package plan agreement, it very clearly states this - "This plan is limited to Maricopa County residents, and does not have any income requirements." Maricopa county defines residency as "U.S. citizen, or in lawful status, lived in Maricopa County for 50 days, and lived in Arizona for at least one year". You definitely did not qualify to be a resident of the county and thus should have been ineligible for the lower cost package.

As I have mentioned here, much to the chagrin of many, there is a reason "self-pay" costs are low. These hospitals are considered most accessible to low income residents. These hospitals get reimbursed by Medicaid. So even though you are not dependent on Medicaid directly, you are benefiting indirectly.

The VOs know this, considering they also pay for the exact same services... at thousands of dollars more than you are being charged! I don't blame them for being skeptical. You're paying for child delivery services at a rate cheaper than it would cost to spend a night or two in a hospital fixing a broken bone for the average American.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 2:49am On Mar 23, 2018
MadameU:
Beautyaddy i have also responded to your assertions on that thread as well. You have it wrong. I was offered the package when i contacted the hospital from Nigeria, stating i wanted to know about their prices for birthing. i never posed as a resident of maricopa county.

It is not their responsibility to find out where you are calling from and thus determine if you are eligible for the package or not. it is your responsibility to read the agreement that you signed. As I mentioned above, that agreement limits eligibility to county residents only.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 7:01am On Mar 23, 2018
chigrad:
Hi all,
Please I need advise to the following questions
Had my baby in the US on my last visitor visa, Paid all hospital bills in cash, have all receipts, Did not use medic aid.
I want to renew my visa as its expired.

1-My husband's visa will expire in early August , Can he apply for renewal in April for a planned trip for end of August or is too early?
2-As i had a baby is it ok,me and my husband apply together or is it good we apply seperately?Both have been issued visa before seperately before marriage.
3-Is it obligatory to apply through drop box if you had a visa before or can you still apply to the the face to face interview?For our situation which is better? drop box or face interview.
4-Couple have a child who was born in the USA, when filling area people travelling with you on the DS160 form , is if advisable to state the child will be travelling with parents as visa is not required or is it not necessary?
Thank you.
1.start applying now cos the next available date for Lagos is in June already while Abuja is April. Apply now especially if you want to use Dropbox so even if you are called for interview, you will still be able to get date before your planned trip.

2. Of recent, they ve been denying people that gave birth with visitors visa, so you Amy want to apply alone. So they won't use because of one person and deny both of you. My opinion

3. Face to face would have been better but you know we want to see if we can dodge interview by doing Dropbox. You are likely to be called for interview. But try drop box first, you never can tell, you may not be called in for interview

4. Sure you should say the truth here

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sazlex: 7:13am On Mar 23, 2018
Thank you

Mamaiyanu:
He can change it to b1/b2 I think.

You can try Abuja as well for a faster date. I wanted to reapply in Lagos but the earliest date I got was June 11 after refreshing like one million times and checking at odd times of the day and night.

I decided to peek at Abuja and voila! April 26 was staring me in the face. I jejely changed to Abuja sharply.

All the best!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2018
i agree with you, however on the bold, some hospital agreement does not state whether it is for the specifics. Instances where you sing it to their hears that you do not live in the US and that you are only there for the birthing and they say it does not matter, does it mean some of the representatives of the hospital may not know what is tenable?
TWoods:

It is not their responsibility to find out where you are calling from and thus determine if you are eligible for the package or not. it is your responsibility to read the agreement that you signed. As I mentioned above, that agreement limits eligibility to county residents only.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sessibasi: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=TWoods post=66076889]
Hi mr TWoods. I used mihs back in 2014 and the contract i got from the hospital then did not state for maricopa residents only. It was after they increased the price in 2015 or so that d clause was included because they were overwhelmed and i will like to say my visa was renewed without any issues...people that used mihs here back den on this thread were many dat am aware of and we have all renewed our visas without any issues or interview...pls dont generalise some things...if d contract did not specify for maricopa residents only then its not only for them. It was for everyone both local and international patients. Madam i think u should get a letter and zero balance from mihs and reapply for ur visa... that is if the contract u signed is not the one with maricopa residents only specified on it. Thanks..

Sorry, I opted to respond to you here rather than the US visit visa thread so as not to derail it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2018
ozymes:
Sorry

You always apologise on behalf of people, good job. Sure sound like a peace maker.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chigrad: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2018
Thank you so much.
ozycy:

1.start applying now cos the next available date for Lagos is in June already while Abuja is April. Apply now especially if you want to use Dropbox so even if you are called for interview, you will still be able to get date before your planned trip.

2. Of recent, they ve been denying people that gave birth with visitors visa, so you Amy want to apply alone. So they won't use because of one person and deny both of you. My opinion

3. Face to face would have been better but you know we want to see if we can dodge interview by doing Dropbox. You are likely to be called for interview. But try drop box first, you never can tell, you may not be called in for interview

4. Sure you should say the truth here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2018
Gracias! Amigo
overlord77:

You always apologise on behalf of people, good job. Sure sound like a peace maker.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Sombody pls respond to me na biko. I will cry o

[quote author=Eilenora post=66056745][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anunimorigba: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=sessibasi post=66082932][/quote]

In my opinion, I think it was easy for former MIHS Int’l patients simply cos the Obama administration was friendly towards immigrants, birth tourism, etc. It is now difficult cos Trump isn’t as we all know. They look for the flimsiest excuse to reject visa applications now.

If the OP, signed the residents contract unknowingly, then she’s in for it. Let’s also be aware that u can get a zero balance from the hospital but still have some kind of medic aid pay for the difference. My advice is, we should always still call after a little while to ascertain our hospital account status.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good day all,
can someone please help me with a good hospital in houston with a good deal, i have been searching but the price is really crazy. i am a first timer on this platform. i am to travel by first week of May. if you can help please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Eilenora:
Hello Gurus in d house.

Been a yle since i checked in.

Pls whats d current state of things for someone with a visa who wasnt preggy as at when she applied over a year ago? Now preggy and looking to have my baby in the states. Does d change of purpose email still work as before? Havent used the visa since I got it. I'm due Oct and visa expires Jan.

It will be in your best interest to use that visa ASAP for the purpose for which it was granted you before thinking of going back to birth with it. Don't get yourself sent back at the POE. A better approach will be to just "jejelly" go renew visa now facing interview via the the clear-cut B2 birthing route.... You wouldn't want to do otherwise according to the times we are in now!

Letter of change of intent won't cut it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Eilenora:
Hello Gurus in d house.

Been a yle since i checked in.

Pls whats d current state of things for someone with a visa who wasnt preggy as at when she applied over a year ago? Now preggy and looking to have my baby in the states. Does d change of purpose email still work as before? Havent used the visa since I got it. I'm due Oct and visa expires Jan.

Pls permit me to paste this classic response to your question...copyright...@abanzi...hope it helps.

abanzi:

.......xxxxxxxxx
Safest Option - Fill another DS-160 and schedule another interview to declare your intention of child birth. This option gives you more confidence at POE and increases your visa renewal chances in the future.

Next Option - If possible, travel for a vacation with the visa before travelling for child birth. With this option, be prepared for possible drilling at POE for child birth trip. Also, chances of getting visa renewed subsequently is reduced as several people that have done this option have been denied recently after being called for interview following dropbox application.

Last Option - Travel for child birth with visa. But be prepared for possible drilling at POE which can be quite stressful. Chances for getting visa renewed subsequently is greatly reduced.

Generally, it appears the VOs have seen an increasing trend in people getting pregnant after getting VISAs and seem to be on the look out for such trends with high visa renewal denials following non-declaration of intent to use visa for medical purpose including childbirth. If there is any likelihood that you would use a visa for childbirth subsequently after a planned vacation, declare this intent even if you are not pregnant at the interview and ensure it is documented.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello guys,this forum has been helpful
For my last visa I renewed via Dropbox in Abuja,now I want to renew again via Dropbox.Can I choose Lagos as my pick up location?
Does anyone know?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
mamaron:

Pls permit me to paste this classic response to your question...copyright...@abanzi...hope it helps.
That response was for me when I had the same issue. I made use of the first option which is the safest and it worked for me without much delay at the embassy. Ask for his grace cos it was a very tough decision for my hubby and I to make. God's grace

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeemin3: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
I'm always excited to read people's transcripts especially on child birth tourism visas (approved or denied)but it seems these days mummies have refused to share or are they all being denied? Even if.....(God forbid it sha)

PLEASE MOMMAS POST OOOOOO. We never get tired of reading. I NEVER GET TIRED OF READING.

Thank u in advance grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2018
flew air france from ph to abj to CDG
waited for about 3hours plus then boarded for LAX
long trip,my boys didn't make it easy for me n DH at all,finally touched down LA...as a family we were fast tracked,thank God so i was already exhausted

CBP:Why are you visiting the US
DH: Vacation and childbirth
CBP: why US
DH: good healthcare and dual citizenship
CBP: did you inform the embassy,and where's the letter to confirm this
DH: yes,my wife actually applied for a medical visa,and we werent given any letter,we have our DR's corres..and we showed him with the budget sheet
CBP: looking at it,then said the hospital fee of 3k was too cheap and that we should confirm first we are not getting any medic aid first before using it,if not we might not be able to renew our visas,asked me when am due,then he stamped us in 6months and wrote by under the stamp,"present reciept of medical bills on next visit"

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
went and picked up luggage and proceeds to agriculture,nothing was seizednalso checked the cash cause we declared above $10k,we finally made it out....
going to see my DR today....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
PM me, i will give you details on hospital and Dr. Im currently in LA.

quote author=nala16 post=66038355]
Hi, please i'm also going to LA and still in search of a hospital/Dr. I ve called a couple of hospitals but not gotten a good deal. I'm a FTM, i'll appreciate it if you can mail me the details. Thanks[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=Eilenora post=66056745][/quote]

Yes it still works. Please just send the notification of intent letter and get the generic response,.... The chances that you will get the b2 visa if you decide to go for it is slim.... these Vos have changed, they are all looking for reasons to deny visa, there is no straight forward rules anymore....

Since you didn't take in 3months or 6 months later but 1yr later,i think you are good to go.

If you can afford it,travel for 2 weeks vacation n come back but if not take the Change of intent letter and go have your baby.

Even if you decide to get a b2 visa,pay all your bills n stuff,it isn't a guarantee that you won't be called for interview on renewal.... things have really changed with the immigration laws now.

I had my baby in US 2015, did Dropbox for b1b2 cos that was supposed to be my last baby, now pregnant after like 1 year I got it, and I didn't travel with the visa... Am in the states right now.... and change of intent letter was asked. will write my Poe later....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
Congrats Ugoguchy and welcome to LA.

ugoguchy:
went and picked up luggage and proceeds to agriculture,nothing was seizednalso checked the cash cause we declared above $10k,we finally made it out....
going to see my DR today....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petdaughter: 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
zannie:

I paid $417 over the phone with my card. I guess it's not cheap because of the season. People are starting to buy summer tickets and all

Thank you very much. Pls was there any baggage allowance for your baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gretop(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good evening my people. Pls I need help and advise. The earliest visa application appointment date I got for my mum today is June 19 (why this far? ) which is close to my wife’s EDD. The plan is for her to travel with my wife first week in June because she has never travelled outside the country before so I am bothered about her travelling on her own. Is there anything I can do to get an earlier appointment date? Can you pls advise me on what to do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameU: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
TWoods post=66076889]

The problem is actually in the links you posted... in the first link, the Maricopa Integrated Healthcare System (MIHS) is clearly identified as a "public, safety-net hospital". Well what does this mean? A safety-net hospital is one that is required to receive Medicaid DSH payments because it serves a high share of low-income patients. See explanation in this link - http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2017/jun/financial-impact-ahca-on-safety-net-hospitals

Now if you go to the MIHS maternity package plan agreement, it very clearly states this - "This plan is limited to Maricopa County residents, and does not have any income requirements." Maricopa county defines residency as "U.S. citizen, or in lawful status, lived in Maricopa County for 50 days, and lived in Arizona for at least one year". You definitely did not qualify to be a resident of the county and thus should have been ineligible for the lower cost package.

As I have mentioned here, much to the chagrin of many, there is a reason "self-pay" costs are low. These hospitals are considered most accessible to low income residents. These hospitals get reimbursed by Medicaid. So even though you are not dependent on Medicaid directly, you are benefiting indirectly.

The VOs know this, considering they also pay for the exact same services... at thousands of dollars more than you are being charged! I don't blame them for being skeptical. You're paying for child delivery services at a rate cheaper than it would cost to spend a night or two in a hospital fixing a broken bone for the average American. [/quote]

i had mentioned to you earlier i never claimed residency or lived in Maricopa before i contacted the facility, I contacted the hospital from Nigeria and clearly asked if they accepted international patients,to which they responded in the affirmative and sent me the maternity package. We had no discussion on my income furthermore my appointment to see the facility was 2 days after my arrival in the US at the time and theres no way i would have been offered a plan for residents after i had just arrived and without a state ID. i also asked if medicaid was paying any part of the bills and they stated no.see the first page of package plan doc below
however i say it you have your impression and would

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameU: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
anunimorigba:

In my opinion, I think it was easy for former MIHS Int’l patients simply cos the Obama administration was friendly towards immigrants, birth tourism, etc. It is now difficult cos Trump isn’t as we all know. They look for the flimsiest excuse to reject visa applications now.

If the OP, signed the residents contract unknowingly, then she’s in for it. Let’s also be aware that u can get a zero balance from the hospital but still have some kind of medic aid pay for the difference. My advice is, we should always still call after a little while to ascertain our hospital account status.

Thanks for your response anunimorigba. i did not sign the residents contract and yes i have my zero balance letter issued since 2015,i gave same to the VO at the interview then. Also i have severally contacted the hospital to know the status of my hospital account. i have done much more than just called the hospital. i even called the states hospital services department sef to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
Try abuja

gretop:
Good evening my people. Pls I need help and advise. The earliest visa application appointment date I got for my mum today is June 19 (why this far? ) which is close to my wife’s EDD. The plan is for her to travel with my wife first week in June because she has never travelled outside the country before so I am bothered about her travelling on her own. Is there anything I can do to get an earlier appointment date? Can you pls advise me on what to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.