Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (67737 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by djon78(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
Jman06:
Men who make those comments are those who have been raised to believe that the male gender superior to the female. Consequently they attach to much false importance to themselves and the result is that when they marry they expect to be worshipped by their wives. It places too much burden on the woman as alot is expected of her. While the man gets away with alot of bullsh1t the woman is constantly being scrutinized for her attitude as she has to be "a woman" while the man is free to be an assshole. Such men don't take advice from women because they consider her opinion on issues as "women's opinion" which to them is useless.
Those are also the kind of men that would chase their wives away for giving birth to all girls.

The fact is that what you just wrote is the way our society in this part of the world is wired. Quite a lot of men live with that mindset and even a substantial amount of women too. although as times are evolving mindsets are changing, but it is still on the low side.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Jman06(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
djon78:

The fact is that what you just wrote is the way our society in this part of the world is wired. Quite a lot of men live with that mindset and even a substantial amount of women too. although as times are evolving mindsets are changing, but it is still on the low side.

That mindset needs to be changed. Women have proven to possess the ability to compete on equal scale with men in all facets of life. Infact, women play more important roles in many families and the larger society compared to some of their male counterparts.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
MidNightHunter:

Wow ! Love babies kiss...Can't wait to have mine cheesy
Just tell him one nairalander is wishing him a happy Xmas celebration & an awesome new year in advance !....
Did u say chicken The one we were preparing ran away from the hot water pot ! undecided We are still searching for it..,..In case u see any fowl which is halt cooked with it whole feathers removed,biko,contact me ,that's the missing fowl ! angry grin
lol, thank u. I'm certain d fowl is running towards my house
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by vivavik(f): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

who gives a DAMN about divorce, the important question you should ask IS:"how many Nigerians would truly be happy if they could gladly divorce"
I know a whole lot will, but don't forget what the bible said about divorce. How many divorce cases would we record and how many children would grow without their parents? So many factors to consider u know!
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by pressplay411(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

I'm a young lady in my early 30, married for 2years+ now... my issue is that my husband doesn't gist with me but when he is with other ladies, he can laugh & gist for Africa. He has never taken me out after our marriage. in short I look like a tenant in his house. if we are going out he will tell me to be in front while he will b far behind. if I complain, he will say I'm nagging.

I was sick last week, he just came dropped #10k for me to go see our doctor, he didn't even ask if I can go by myself BT same incident happened to his younger bro wife yesterday, with just a phone call, he went to the hospital & stood by d bro. over night ( sumtin he didn't even do wen I gave birth to our baby) I have been thinking he will change BT this days own his really worst, calling some girls in my streets "my love" why he shout my 1st name no matter where he is.

Pls advise me cos I am beginning to dislike him

My guess (since you've left us to assume the rest) is that you trapped him with pregnancy.
If that's not the case then complain to his folks or someone he respects.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:32am On Dec 30, 2017
vivavik:
I know a whole lot will, but don't forget what the bible said about divorce. How many divorce cases would we record and how many children would grow without their parents? So many factors to consider u know!

the sad part in what you wrote is that (as usual) you gladly put religion over COMMON SENSE. what a pity!
who cares how many cases of divorce we record, so long as people are HAPPY? what kind of deluded children are they raising in these miserable marriages? a child is better off with separated HAPPY parents, than living with two parent who are miserable and using him/her as retaliation for their sorry lives. no wonder the world is failing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jman06:
Ok sir!
what is this one saying?
Ayam nut undastanding
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jman06:
Ok sir!
tongue
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

You and adaxxy should know ethnic bigotry is not to be taken out of politics and culture sections. Keep your Yoruba/Igbo stuff in those two places only. Please bro.
what is this one saying?
Ayam nut undastanding grin
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 01, 2018
gloria34:
lol, thank u. I'm certain d fowl is running towards my house
Oh sorry 4 the late reply...
You're welcome dear...
Biko,catch it when u sees it o....
At least, it won't escape new year..
Happy new year & a prosperous days , weeks, & months ahead. kiss
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
MidNightHunter:

Oh sorry 4 the late reply...
You're welcome dear...
Biko,catch it when u sees it o....
At least, it won't escape new year..
Happy new year & a prosperous days , weeks, & months ahead. kiss
lol, thanks. hope u enjoyed d day?
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
gloria34:
lol, thanks. hope u enjoyed d day?
Yea ,I did ...
& u ?
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by vivavik(f): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

the sad part in what you wrote is that (as usual) you gladly put religion over COMMON SENSE. what a pity!
who cares how many cases of divorce we record, so long as people are HAPPY? what kind of deluded children are they raising in these miserable marriages? a child is better off with separated HAPPY parents, than living with two parent who are miserable and using him/her as retaliation for their sorry lives. no wonder the world is failing...
I put God first and not religion! Well, I'm not totally against divorce, if a couple can't salvage their relationship, then they can go for a divorce! I'm just concerned as to why people divorce at the slightest provocation, u'd agree with me that our parents were much better at managing their homes than our generation.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by favouredAda: 5:13am On Jan 07, 2018
thanks guys for your advices. for those saying u trap him with prey pls I didn't. got pregnant after my marriage BT all the I read thru ur comment & my God is in charge
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by mrssho: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lol madam this write up reminds me of when I first got married to my Husband. I think reality hasn’t dawned on your husband that he is married and he can’t just get up and go as he pleases. I’m sure he still has single friends. I used to see msgs on my husbands phone where he would be telling women that they are pretty blah blah! Sometimes he won’t come home to eat and would insist I bring it to his friends house. What rubbish. Anyway I spoke to him about it he will change for sometime and continue again. I kept on praying for him and also changing it for him every now and then and he changed by himself. Took 3 years but he changed. Now I have to beg him to leave the house. Follows me about like a puppy
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by yemre: 12:45am On Mar 09, 2018
Hmm, young lady, I could feel your pain.
At first u need to know this is one of d ups and downs of marriage.
Back to your story, I have to be very honest with u. I'm married and I understand u perfectly.
U must have either done something wrong or u have developed a character he dislikes and which never reflected during your courtship. If u can't trace where you have gone wrong, your best bet is to sit him down and ask him what u did. If u allow it get out of hand before u act, might not like d outcome because unless u change or apologize to him, it will get more complicated and I pray u don't regret it. Just a word for d wise.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Youngados(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2018
Just tell God.[color=#000099]Just tell God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / Makinde Pilot Sisters: Mopelola, Oluwaseun and Oluwafunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.