Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians (30517 Views)

Osinbajo, Kachikwu, Okah-donli, Ahmed Isah Bag Nation Builders Achievers Award / Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects / Osinbajo, Kachikwu, Baru Meet Inside Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by afbstrategies: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
adisasegun:
So finding solution to the problem has now become medicine after death? if you don't have any tangible comment to contribute just read and pass, no be by force

Mr tangible comment! Show me where your tangible comments are scattered on Nairaland. You can’t even afford a bicycle tire and you’re here with your ‘tangible’ comment. Loser!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by KanyaWilliams(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
i still don't understand, we are among the worlds largest exporters of fuel in the world but there's no fuel in our country?
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
afbstrategies:

It is medicine after death because they shouldn't have allowed the mess to occur in the first instance. Nigerian is an oil producing Country. Tell me how many oil producing Countries that have experienced this kind of mess. Mention me only when you make sense ok. Don't start with me this xmas jack! undecided

Angola right now.

http://www.africanews.com/2017/12/23/anger-as-nigeria-angola-face-fuel-shortages-ahead-of-christmas/
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by adetayo234: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
bamidelee:

if the government didn't respond you'll cry now they're responding you're still crying
aye n shey e

Believe me, ìwo l'ayé n se. With the truck load of promises made by these people, should we even be experiencing this at all? Government of Failed Promises
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Believe me, ìwo l'ayé n se. With the truck load of promises made by these people, should we even be experiencing this at all? Government of Failed Promises

It's a sad situation but not enough to condemn the government.

Fuel scarcity isn't new in Nigeria and we can only hope this is the last.

Today on Nairaland there was a poll on power supply situation with most respondents admitting to the improvement.

Yes, the situation should have been better. The government of the day is responsible but i still think they've acted with alacrity to control the situation.

No vex.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by tete7000(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
If people are paid to work and they fail to get their job done, sack them. I don't know why it has to take a minister and a V.president to get depots to work. It is either the people employed are incompetent or the government has not provided them with resources to work and are simply using their visitation as smokescreen to deceive gullible Nigerians. Are there no works they themselves ought be attending to? Nigeria and mediocrity.
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
Rikidony:
Osinbajo would have been a better president

What parameters did you use to come to that bold conclusion? You see? This is the problem in Nigeria. I am still trying to understand how you pick leaders in that country. You do realize that he is technically an employee right? He cannot unilaterally just decide to go anywhere without the approval of his boss which means Buhari, as useless as he is, sent him there for damage control. You guys need to wake up fast. Next time when someone is promising you things, you will develop the mental fortitude to ask how the person is going to do what he is promising. Buhari was saying he would do this and that but nobody thought about asking HOW he was going to do it. I know you all will not learn from this. Nigerians don't learn from anything which is why history keeps repeating itself. Carry on.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
bamidelee:

if the government didn't respond you'll cry now they're responding you're still crying
aye n shey e
we understand people like you, until you die NO criticism against thid Fg is valid. angry angry
These are underlining problem with Nigeria, to this end waht did they put in place to eliviate Nigerians frm these sufferings?
It indded medicine after death cos tell me, waht good is it to the man who could not go to his village to celebrate xmas due to hike in price of fuel or transport now that today is boxing day?
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by oluwasegun007(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
Who is next ...fashola, dangote, et al once visited but no action..
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by mindtricks: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
afbstrategies:

It is medicine after death because they shouldn't have allowed the mess to occur in the first instance. Nigerian is an oil producing Country. Tell me how many oil producing Countries that have experienced this kind of mess. Mention me only when you make sense ok. Don't start with me this xmas jack! undecided

Nigerian politicians need not lose any sleep. Typical everyday gullible Nigerians don't need any serious efforts to convince them they are really working. To them mediocrity is excellence.
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

It's a sad situation but not enough to condemn the government.

Fuel scarcity isn't new in Nigeria and we can only hope this is the last.

Today on Nairaland there was a poll on power supply situation with most respondents admitting to the improvement.

Yes, the situation should have been better. The government of the day is responsible but i still think they've acted with alacrity to control the situation.

No vex.
Bross leave that power situation matter, how could you improve power when you never increased power supply?we have gas burning FOC, and no turbines to convert them to electricity cos of ethnic bigotry
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by mindtricks: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
tete7000:
If people are paid to work and they fail to get their job done, sack them. I don't know why it has to take a minister and a V.president to get depots to work. It is either the people employed are incompetent or the government has not provided them with resources to work and are simply using their visitation as smokescreen to deceive gullible Nigerians. Are there no works they themselves ought be attending to? Nigeria and mediocrity.
To typical everyday Nigerians, mediocrity is excellence.
One major reason we are not getting out of this vicious of cycle sickening wastefulness, mismanagement, and misgovernance any time soon.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross leave that power situation matter, how could you improve power when you never increased power supply?we have gas burning FOC, and no turbines to convert them to electricity cos of ethnic bigotry

You can't wish away the improved power supply no matter how you try.

The polls keep showing an improvement even if not perfect.

I am always wary of people like you who always try to paint everything with ethnic coloration.

You lot are the problem with this country.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by kenoyad: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=lastcall post=63602049]also ask the intellectual to name one NON OIL producing country that experiences this rubbish at least twice each year for over 20 years[/quote
this menace is only applicable to Nigeria cause of self centeredness and corruption.
Lesotho don't as small as the country is......
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by otil1: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
1000 Osinbajo and Kachukwu can do nothing in this situation.

Where is Baru?
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

You can't wish away the improved power supply no matter how you try.

The polls keep showing an improvement even if not perfect.

I am always wary of people like you who always try to paint everything with ethnic coloration.

You lot are the problem with this country.

Tufiakwa.
What is the Meaning of Ethnic Coloration ? and how does it relate to waht I said up there?
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

What is the Meaning of Ethnic Coloration ? and how does it relate to waht I said up there?

Read your post again.
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by jaymichael(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
muykem:
How is it medicine after death? You want situation to continue like this. They should sit-up and do everything humanly possible to remedy the situation.
You dey mind those idiots with factory fitted hatred for anything that they don't approve of. Their hypocrisy and foolishness is follow come. They would rather bad things happen to the country as long as the hatred they have for PMB persists than for the country to make progress under his watch to to have this morbid orgasms of "did we not say he will fail?"

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

Read your post again.
My post ahd no ethnic posting attached to it,you are delibratly playing that card!I never made mention of tribe, region or area!
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

My post ahd no ethnic posting attached to it,you are delibratly playing that card!I never made mention of tribe, region or area!

This is your post:

"Bross leave that power situation matter, how could you improve power when you never increased power supply?we have gas burning FOC , and no turbines to convert them to electricity cos of ethnic bigotry"

Now explain what this means if you may.
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
cosmatika:
*BUHARI, Fuel and Refineries:*
Let's do some thinking and talking.
Don't worry, I'll do the thinking while you do the talking.

Monday 23rd October, 2017 was the 530th day that the Buhari administration increased the petrol pump price from N87 to N145 per litre. As a country, we consume roughly 40 million litres of petrol per day. The implication of this is that from 11th May, 2016 (when the pump price was increased) to 23rd October, 2017, the consumption amounts to 21.2 billion litres. [That's simply 40 million litres per day multiplied by 530 days].
When you subtract N87 from N145, you get N58. Now, multiply that N58 by 21.2 billion and you will get N1.2296 trillion. Let me write it in full - N1,229,600,000,000.00 That is the EXTRA amount we have paid above the N87 per litre price.
When Buhari was campaigning to become president, we were told he had built refineries before and would build more refineries again. Every attempt to correct this fable was rebuffed. Today, however, after paying the government an EXTRA N1.23 Trillion, we still don't have the refineries and the dead ones are yet to come back to life. Fuel is still being imported.
What's more? When crude oil was $120 per barrel, we were buying petrol at N97 per litre. Now crude oil is $55 and we are buying at N145 per litre. If crude were $120 per barrel today would Buhari retain petrol at N145 per litre or move it to N300 per litre? Well, that's speculative.What's not speculative is that we have paid this government an extra N1.23 trillion in 530 days and they still have 583 days until May 29, 2019.
Over the next 583 days, we would add another N1.35 trillion to the N1.23 trillion already collected.
I don't want to ask what the government has done with the N1.23 triillion it has squeezed from us. I believe you don't want to ask either. But I want you to write it down somewhere that between May 11, 2016 (when fuel became N145 per litre) and May 29, 2019 (when Lying mohammed would have made you give Buhari a second term); the cost implication of changing N87 to N145 would add up to N2.58 trillion. Actually, N2,582,160,000,000.00 It's NOT a small "change."
Keep the note somewhere for the next 583 days. Then after you might have voted in Buhari again for second term, after the swearing in, ask yourself whether N2,582,160,000,000.00 could have built a refinery or rejuvenated the four ailing ones.
Don't think, just talk.

Mr bias analyst,why don't you tell us how much we had paid the PDP govt for 16years ,for a more balanced analysis,since it is now obvious that voting out APC means bringing back PDP.

I am aware of a promise to revitalize our old refineries and not to build new ones.

No time frame was given,therefore let us wait till next year or next.

You want a new refinery in 2 years plus,what we could not get in 16years of PDP misrule?

By the way,ask Dangote how feasible to build refinery in 2 years.

When the old refineries are fixed and Dangote refinery,supported by govt comes up,I see the dollar crashing like a pack of cards.,to around N90 rate.

Qoute me in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

This is your post:

"Bross leave that power situation matter, how could you improve power when you never increased power supply?we have gas burning FOC , and no turbines to convert them to electricity cos of ethnic bigotry"

Now explain what this means if you may.
it simply means Instead of building power stations at source of abadount gass supply to rapidly increase power to the advantage of the whole Nigeria, this is being Neglected cos they think by so doing it will develop these Regions
Note the Areas that has gas Include.Lagos,Ondo,Ogun,Delta,Bayels,Rivers,Cross River,Imo etc.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
jaymichael:
You dey mind those idiots with factory fitted hatred for anything that they don't approve of. Their hypocrisy and foolishness is follow come. They would rather bad things happen to the country as long as the hatred they have for PMB persists than for the country to make progress under his watch to to have this morbid orgasms of "did we not say he will fail?"
Did you say same three years ago during xmas time?talk true
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

it simply means Instead of building power stations at source of abadount gass supply to rapidly increase power to the advantage of the whole Nigeria, this is being Neglected cos they think by so doing it will develop these Regions
Note the Areas that has gas Include.Lagos,Ondo,Ogun,Delta,Bayels,Rivers,Cross River,Imo etc.

Please stick to your area of expertise.

Clearly you are not qualified to speak in the area of power generation.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by Rhozabeth(m): 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
cosmatika:
*BUHARI, Fuel and Refineries:*
Let's do some thinking and talking.
Don't worry, I'll do the thinking while you do the talking.

Monday 23rd October, 2017 was the 530th day that the Buhari administration increased the petrol pump price from N87 to N145 per litre. As a country, we consume roughly 40 million litres of petrol per day. The implication of this is that from 11th May, 2016 (when the pump price was increased) to 23rd October, 2017, the consumption amounts to 21.2 billion litres. [That's simply 40 million litres per day multiplied by 530 days].
When you subtract N87 from N145, you get N58. Now, multiply that N58 by 21.2 billion and you will get N1.2296 trillion. Let me write it in full - N1,229,600,000,000.00 That is the EXTRA amount we have paid above the N87 per litre price.
When Buhari was campaigning to become president, we were told he had built refineries before and would build more refineries again. Every attempt to correct this fable was rebuffed. Today, however, after paying the government an EXTRA N1.23 Trillion, we still don't have the refineries and the dead ones are yet to come back to life. Fuel is still being imported.
What's more? When crude oil was $120 per barrel, we were buying petrol at N97 per litre. Now crude oil is $55 and we are buying at N145 per litre. If crude were $120 per barrel today would Buhari retain petrol at N145 per litre or move it to N300 per litre? Well, that's speculative.What's not speculative is that we have paid this government an extra N1.23 trillion in 530 days and they still have 583 days until May 29, 2019.
Over the next 583 days, we would add another N1.35 trillion to the N1.23 trillion already collected.
I don't want to ask what the government has done with the N1.23 triillion it has squeezed from us. I believe you don't want to ask either. But I want you to write it down somewhere that between May 11, 2016 (when fuel became N145 per litre) and May 29, 2019 (when Lying mohammed would have made you give Buhari a second term); the cost implication of changing N87 to N145 would add up to N2.58 trillion. Actually, N2,582,160,000,000.00 It's NOT a small "change."
Keep the note somewhere for the next 583 days. Then after you might have voted in Buhari again for second term, after the swearing in, ask yourself whether N2,582,160,000,000.00 could have built a refinery or rejuvenated the four ailing ones.
Don't think, just talk.
Bros u made some wrong assertions in ur comment! The one point something trillion you calculated did not go directly into government coffers but went to independent marketers (private pockets) because they have money to import the fuel and sell at that price of N145 because there is no subsidy! However I agree with u that the govt have failed because that amtbof money is savings for the govt since no subsidy was paid, that money could have been used for something beneficial to the Nigerian populace!
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please stick to your area of expertise.

Clearly you are not qualified to speak in the area of power generation.
And you are??

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by GavelSlam: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

And you are??

Certainly more knowledgeable than you.

In addition I'm not a bigot, unlike you.
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

Certainly more knowledgeable than you.

In addition I'm not a bigot, unlike you.
ahah seriously? and you employ your knowledge of Science in the Politics and Romance plus religion section of nairaland

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
afbstrategies:

Mr tangible comment! Show me where your tangible comments are scattered on Nairaland. You can’t even afford a bicycle tire and you’re here with your ‘tangible’ comment. Loser!
I can't afford a bicycle tire and i'm using a Samsung android phone? you have a brain tumor, Oloriburuku
Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by afbstrategies: 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
adisasegun:
I can't afford a bicycle tire and i'm using a Samsung android phone? you have a brain tumor, Oloriburuku

Samsung phone! Go and clap for yourself. Your mates are talking about landed properties and houses they have and you are there boasting that you own a 'samsung android phone'. Go to University, you could not. Oloriburuku. Mumu!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians by afbstrategies: 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
adisasegun:

Sorry to hear that you have brain tumor. Samsung android phone owner grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Army, Police, Navy, DSS, Others Take Over Onitsha / Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron / Sanwo-Olu Donates ₦100 Million To Akere Spare Parts Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.