Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken (34106 Views)

Fiction: How My Wicked Uncle Tried To Kill Me / Life Of A Chicken - Poem / Christmas; A Chicken’s Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Imunose(f): 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
This story is so interesting. Could not help laughing...
"He blacked out,? grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
lol 😂😂😂😂grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Cadec007(m): 12:32am On Feb 27, 2018
skillzbae:
I remember the first time my kid brother killed a chicken. We went to the market and I told them to kill it, my brother said I was embarrassing him that he can kill it. Are you sure, he said yes..... Ok o, na so we go house. On getting home, oya go and kill it, he said wait let me drink water. After drinking water. He wore gloves, cover the head of the chicken with poly bag and smash the head of the children with turning stick till it died
jesu!!!

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Synord(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Cc lalasticlala angry grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Bodyodour: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Since 2017, and this is just reaching fp
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by KushLyon(m): 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
Why una carry am go fp after 3 years? Abi na yearly tradition ni?
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by smile11s(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Oxster:
Me that can kill human beinggringrin

This is the reason a dislike button is needed

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Heineken(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
The first day I tried to kill a chicken omo I dropped the head... Now I'm perfect
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by saintneo(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
common guys, what's so special on killing chicken.

I think I killed my first chicken when I was 8/9 years, turkey 10 years. I was in a crew that slaughtered a cow when I was just 10 years - I held the tail during the slaughter. Goat had being a regular since I was 12 years, but I always worked with an elder.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by lekankolade(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
This story mean something different to me ......

It’s a story of 3 years ago and it’s just gracing front page......

It’s a sign that ALL OUR DELAYED BREAKTHROUGH WILL START MANIFESTING......

It might be delayed but not deleted and not forgotten
At times we made requests to God and he might decide not to do it immediately, that doesn’t mean he has forgotten us, he’s definitely preparing a ground for our request to suit its purpose..... 2021 will be different

Read the below for anyone who cares

OLA NUGGETS.....

The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; it was either too early or too late. It seemed as if the world had gone mad. The first rains were late and when they came, lasted only a brief moment ...

The drought continued for eight market weeks and the yams were killed. The year had gone mad. When the rains finally returned, they fell as it had never fallen before. Trees were uprooted and deep gorges appeared everywhere.

That year, the harvest was sad, like a funeral and many farmers wept as they dug up the miserable and rotting yams. One man tied his cloth to a tree branch and hanged himself.

Okonkwo remembered that tragic year with a cold shiver throughout the rest of his life. It always surprised him when he thought about it later that he did not sink under the load of despair. He knew he was a fiercce fighter, but that year had been enough to break the heart of a lion.

*"Since I survived that year," he always said, "I shall survive anything."*

Extract from Chapter 3, *Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.*

*Indeed we shall look back and say, if we survived 2020, we shall survive anything. Trust in God and continue in the Word and in prayers.

Happy holidays...

Stay lifted and abundantly blessed and stay safe... COVID-19 is still everywhere �

7 Likes

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by illicit(m): 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
So u mean u can't kill snake

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by nnamdi640: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Don't tell me that this is how the story will end. You must finish what you started.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Fidelismaria: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
Big lie!!

There's no way in hell a grown up man will tell a 15years old to go kill a goat.

Not possible.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by MartinsD12(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
ClassCaptain:

I spent the previous night on my Braveheart23 2go account , chatting up precious and promising to send her 100 go credits as Christmas gift..She was obviously excited and I was glad..I was beginning to like her and was just concluding plans to tell her to be my "Girl"..

We chatted till around 2am before my sagem battery died and there was no light to boost the phone as the power holders held their light to themselves like a man without fuel holds his gallon at a fuelling station selling at 145 naira.At least I was able to engage her in a lenghty conversation today...I slept off happily with the hope of continuing our gist and fulfilling my promise to her as soon as possible the next morning �..

Boo. Boo...- My Elder sister called out my name like a woman on her MP stung by a scorpion..

Boo boo..she shouted like three more times..

I am coming ....I mumbled.. There was still no light ...God shocked.

I got out of the room to see My father and mother in a seriously tensed ghen ghen kinda atmosphere..

Good morning ma..good morning daddy.- None of them answered me.

Mum was in the kitchens sieving rice and Dad was in the living room ,one of his hairy yam legs was placed on the stool.

...Yes..boo.How are you - My Dad replied.

I am fine Sir... I replied and prostrated again..

My mum did not bother to even reply or look at me . she continued her kitchen work.....as she sang Jesus na biggy man , u no dare call am small boy with so much vigour and passion..

" Lola, shey u will not come and find the palm oil for me now" ...She shouted at my sister who rushed in to help her find the palm oil which was just right in front of her ....directly..How she didn't see it amaze me..

I looked at my sister to find out the reason for the way mum was acting but she fled to the kitchen before I could communicate to her by matching her foot..

Boo..
Yes sir...
Merry Christmas ..

Thank you sir ...
Many more of this in Jesus name....

Amen sir..

"
You will see one chicken outside..White..with red crown like this ..beside the generator outside ...ehn ...Go and kill it....

..I couldn't fathom what I heard ....Probably I wasn't hearing right ......

Kitchen ...

...."I said Chicken...chicken ..And be fast with it...We are going to the Church by 11am for the service..

He said and immediately walked out of the living room as I looked on , my mouth wide open ...

I was just 15 ..!!!!!
Happened to me though I can't even kill a chicken � the last I tried that I had to boil hot water put the chicken inside it I swear I couldn't sleep that night for weeks I was thinking how I killed a chicken the guilt was all over me.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Emperor4tune(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
LuvSwollenPussy:

Scorpion never sting you before. That's why
grin
LuvSwollenPussy:

Scorpion never sting you before. That's why
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Drizzy5001(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
I was 11, the first time I killed a chicken.. Ever since then I kill anything kill-able, goats, cow, turkey, Guinea fowl, pigeon, monitor lizard, Ram, Bush rat, even snake join. grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Tonygeesm(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Reading this post is the only time I have been extremely happy this year. Thank you who ever that wrote this. I read this post chilling out in Tatiana hotel and suites festac, now they we see me as someone that laugh like mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Lawsaite: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Op your lie deh disguise. Your pman can't send you to kill goat. Infact there was no goat.
You mean they did home delivery of the goat. Na there your lie begin smell grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Brunicekid(m): 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Truth be told, OP, I didn't really read what you posted (will do that very soon, though). But, my shock in this post is on that "2go" OP mentioned. So, people still use 2go these days like this nii?
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Telm56: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
My uncle that always portray this hard man swag n people actually are very scared of him because of his looks couldn’t kill a chicken last two days. His hands were shaking, I had to take the knife from him at the amusement of everyone. I guess he has lost that his hard man personality to some of his friends lol

3 Likes

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by lapazi(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
It’s really not fair that stuff like this don’t make front page, I laughed so hard?

The blackout at the end was unexpected

While the one that kicked the chicken into the air was even more hilarious

I didn’t experedit

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by cassyrooy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
It's nothing to be ashamed of, not being able to kill a chicken in cold blood doesn't mean one is not a man.

Some people can't kill animals in nonsport and violent encounters.

Make una free the guy jor.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by thatsleepboy1: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
MartinsD12:

Happened to me though I can't even kill a chicken � the last I tried that I had to boil hot water put the chicken inside it I swear I couldn't sleep that night for weeks I was thinking how I killed a chicken the guilt was all over me.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth

you're a murderer. what the hell

guuuuyyyy you're heartless and yu can kill a human grin grin grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by eleojo23: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
If chickens had spirits, they would have haunted me.

Many chickens have fallen by my hand.

RIP to all the chickens I have killed, you all made delicious chicken sauce/pepper soup . grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by MartinsD12(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

Jesus Christ of Nazareth

you're a murderer. what the hell

guuuuyyyy you're heartless and yu can kill a human grin grin grin
No I was forced to do it that's my first time I could not use knife to kill it I didn't have the heart infact I regreted Killin it that way I could have tell the person I don't know how to kill a fowl
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by clumsydyna: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
skillzbae:
I remember the first time my kid brother killed a chicken. We went to the market and I told them to kill it, my brother said I was embarrassing him that he can kill it. Are you sure, he said yes..... Ok o, na so we go house. On getting home, oya go and kill it, he said wait let me drink water. After drinking water. He wore gloves, cover the head of the chicken with poly bag and smash the head of the children with turning stick till it died
Your brother is a witness to how dogs are being killed, he probably thought that that was the way it was done. What got me rilling with laughter was "wait let me drink water".

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by ofiko123(m): 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Typical of Nigerian homes.. grin grin nothing new..
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by sannirules(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
You're afraid to kill chicken, but u not afraid to commit fornication. Which of them is a sin?

May God have mercy on all of us.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by thatsleepboy1: 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
MartinsD12:

No I was forced to do it that's my first time I could not use knife to kill it I didn't have the heart infact I regreted Killin it that way I could have tell the person I don't know how to kill a fowl

me that I've graduated from using knife to using bare hands to kill a chicken. just pull the neck with enough strength and it'll pull out and die.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

me that I've graduated from using knife to using bare hands to kill a chicken. just pull the neck with enough strength and it'll pull out and die.
Bro that's like sacrificing the chicken to the gods na grin grin grin
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by thatsleepboy1: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
webshopNG:

Bro that's like sacrificing the chicken to the gods na grin grin grin

lol you sabi the thing. but it's preferable esp when the chicken was stolen somewhere and it needs to be handled sharp sharp.
Re: The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken by Bahamas95(m): 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
@OP ........"Do they bring the skill of killing a chicken from heaven" African mothers sha. grin

Very funny story, nice one OP. As for me I can't even remember the first time I killed a chicken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) / In The Name Of Love / Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.