Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. (74725 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
binaflexia:

Bro, have you submitted your application, if yes, how did you go about it.
I already have admission letter but I don't know how to go about arranging the documents for the application.

@FBS, your input will be greatly appreciated
By arranging you mean securing the required documents? Do you have a list?
Lets start ticking off the ones you have and those you don't. It's easier that way.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
binaflexia:

Bro, have you submitted your application, if yes, how did you go about it.
I already have admission letter but I don't know how to go about arranging the documents for the application.

@FBS, your input will be greatly appreciated

Not yet but by first week of September by special grace of God but usually the procedure is after admission, you also need an invitation letter. You can request for that from the school unlike my school that you must pay tuition before they process it, but mine has been settled and they have submitted my invitation to the migration service office. After getting your invitation, you also need police deportation certificate and also police character certificate which can be gotten from the CID office either I garki abuja or alagbon ikoyi lagos, then your NDLEA certificate which is the most difficult but for it contact NDLEA office in your state of residence and find out. Then your waec certificate have to be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and education then also you will need to legalize it at the russian embassy which cost about 13500 or there about. After that fill the application form online, copy of data page, passport photographs (2), birth certificate legalized by MFA also, then medical test result for HIV, travel insurance valid in russia for atleast 3 months you can get that from iGI, mansard,conerstone or leadway insurance or any good insurance company you know. Then bank statement for the last six months, receipt of consular fee payment, admission/acceptance letter.

With these, you are good to go but still FBS will know better as he has already passed through it. Hope it helps. All the best bro!!

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
FBS:

But is still sucks that folks need to travel all the way to Abuja just to apply. In this age and time, online application na the real deal. cheesy

All we need is visa free access grin grin
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Professor554:

All we need is visa free access grin grin
grin cheesy Imagine a world without boundaries wink
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
FBS:

grin cheesy Imagine the world without boundaries wink

grin grin the best thing that can happen in the world is dumping the international passport for a new id that is just every man for himself because stereotyping is becoming way too much. Not all nigerians are bad abroad but the actions of just a few are being used to tie down 180 million others. Now nigerians can just travel across ecowas nations and just a few others free. Imagine.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Professor554:

Not yet but by first week of September by special grace of God but usually the procedure is after admission, you also need an invitation letter. You can request for that from the school unlike my school that you must pay tuition before they process it, but mine has been settled and they have submitted my invitation to the migration service office. After getting your invitation, you also need police deportation certificate and also police character certificate which can be gotten from the CID office either I garki abuja or alagbon ikoyi lagos, then your NDLEA certificate which is the most difficult but for it contact NDLEA office in your state of residence and find out. Then your waec certificate have to be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs and education then also you will need to legalize it at the russian embassy which cost about 13500 or there about. After that fill the application form online, copy of data page, passport photographs (2), birth certificate legalized by MFA also, then medical test result for HIV, travel insurance valid in russia for atleast 3 months you can get that from iGI, mansard,conerstone or leadway insurance or any good insurance company you know. Then bank statement for the last six months, receipt of consular fee payment, admission/acceptance letter.

With these, you are good to go but still FBS will know better as he has already passed through it. Hope it helps. All the best bro!!

Thank you for your reply.
I already have the invitation letter. A friend in Saint Petersburg help me to send it. I need to start gathering the required documents but I think my major challenges will be get getting the bank statement. What is the acceptable minimum deposit that should be available in the account. Also, how long does it take to get the NDLEA certificate.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
FBS:

By arranging you mean securing the required documents? Do you have a list?
Lets start ticking off the ones you have and those you don't. It's easier that way.

Thanks for your input
@Professor554 has given the load down on the required documents to submit for the visa application.
As someone that is already there, I believe your experience and contribution will be of immerse benefit for our preparation for the application.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
binaflexia:
I heard the Russia embassy in Lagos has been closed. How true is this and what could be the reason behind the closure?
Russia consular Lagos is on summer holiday , resume work August 28th
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
binaflexia:

I already have the invitation letter. A friend in Saint Petersburg help me to send it. I need to start gathering the required documents but I think my major challenges will be get getting the bank statement. What is the acceptable minimum deposit that should be available in the account. Also, how long does it take to get the NDLEA certificate.
. Bank statement ? Depends on your course . 1 point upwards at least .. But use your brain, u can apply with real pepper soup but with wrong meat or fish.. Use your brain to understand my parables .
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Professor554:

one month life health insurance is okay for student visa applicants , can be done at corner stone insurance company , cornerstone insurance is an official Russia embassy recommendation but its allow to use any insurance companies , . noted . insurance one month is okay , three month is useless and waste of money because its irrelevant after getting your visa..
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
You guys must be in Russia federation atleast minimum of 30 days before the expiration of your visa( invitation 3 month). Or else u might not be able to extend your visa on arrival ...take note..
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
homeboy232:
Russia consular Lagos is on summer holiday , resume work August 28th

Wow...that's great news. The stress of travelling to Abuja from Lagos to submit application is worrying.
Where did you get this information from? I will like to read through it.

Also, you have any info about the minimum acceptable amount for the account statement.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 12:20am On Aug 03, 2016
14.06.2016 / Working schedule of Consular Section in Lagos in June 2016
Consular Section in Lagos will resume its work on 14th of June 2016 and will function till 30th of June. Starting from July 1st the Consular Section in Lagos will shut down. Emergency consular telephone line for Russian citizens will also stop work as well as the official Lagos Consular Section e-mail consul.lagos@rusemb-nigeria.ru.

For any consular issues from July 1st please forward your inquiries to the Consular Section in Abuja.
http://en.rusemb-nigeria.ru/blog/embnews/work-schedule-of-consular-section-in-lagos-in-june-2016/

I got this news from their website. I believe the Lagos office has been shut down.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 12:34am On Aug 03, 2016
binaflexia:

I got this news from their website. I believe the Lagos office has been shut down.
26 to 28th august and see... I will quote u
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 12:42am On Aug 03, 2016
binaflexia:

For statement I don't really know but try have something good sha. How long did your invitation take before it was out from the migration service office? NDLEA, I heard it takes up to a month or even more but try go to their office and see if you can work things out so not to waste time. All the best bro
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2016
binaflexia:

Thanks for your input
@Professor554 has given the load down on the required documents to submit for the visa application.
As someone that is already there, I believe your experience and contribution will be of immerse benefit for our preparation for the application.
Yes, that's a very comprehensive list he gave you and if my input is needed, I will gladly contribute. Good luck.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2016
Professor554:

For statement I don't really know but try have something good sha. How long did your invitation take before it was out from the migration service office? NDLEA, I heard it takes up to a month or even more but try go to their office and see if you can work things out so not to waste time. All the best bro

My friend in Russia handles everything after I sent him my documents. I received the invitation approximately after 5 weeks of sending my documents.
Have you done NDLEA before? If so, how did you quicken the process?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2016
FBS:

Yes, that's a very comprehensive list he gave you and if my input is needed, I will gladly contribute. Good luck.

Thanks bro.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
binaflexia:

My friend in Russia handles everything after I sent him my documents. I received the invitation approximately after 5 weeks of sending my documents.
Have you done NDLEA before? If so, how did you quicken the process?

I have not done before but processing mine too now
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Feeling cool with Russians blonde girls ....

3 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Russia life ....feeling cool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
Summer flexing ..trying to motivate guys that no discrimation in Russia. Just relax your mind .. Goodluck to all fresh applicants ..

2 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Russian Squirrel Lol.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2016
September fresh students preparing for Russia.... ...ticket tips, for those of u with less financial capacity, u can buy one way ticket, because for Russia student visa one way ticket is allowed , royal air moroc and emirate is okay..just to save money due to crazy high dollar rate ...
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nnemuka(f): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2016
homeboy232:
September fresh students preparing for Russia.... ...ticket tips, for those of u with less financial capacity, u can buy one way ticket, because for Russia student visa one way ticket is allowed , royal air moroc and emirate is okay..just to save money due to crazy high dollar rate ...
really? so one wont have issues at immigration in the country?
Have two fresh students who wanna travel to moscow and i advised them to buy a round trip ticket, but pls are u sure they wont have issues with just one way ticket?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Jorussia(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
homeboy232:
bros which city in Siberia do you reside?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2016
homeboy232:

Bro, will they ever resume their Lagos office, or has it been completely shut down?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.