Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. (74719 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2016
binaflexia:

Bro, will they ever resume their Lagos office, or has it been completely shut down?
they will resume but not now , its normal tradition , as far as America embassy still operating in Lagos sure Russia also will continue, now ndlea clearance canceled , with more Nigerians applying for Russia visa, Lagos will open ....
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Jorussia(m): 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
homeboy232:
they will resume but not now , its normal tradition , as far as America embassy still operating in Lagos sure Russia also will continue, now ndlea clearance canceled , with more Nigerians applying for Russia visa, Lagos will open ....
Bros,have you been to Irkutsk (eastern Siberia)? I am considering resigning from my Job to study general medicine (English medium) this November. I got invitation from Irkutsk state medical university, last November, but i couldn't travel Irkutsk due to my poor planing. I am a laboratory scientist,but,my ambition and passion is to be a general surgeon.The school offered me another admission last two weeks,but i have not taken a final decision concerning my Job(federal govt).I love Russia, their language is easy.I can pronounce majority of Russian Alphabets and i know most of their basic terms like privet, zradstuite,kak dela etc.I don't have a problem with the cold Siberia winter.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jorussia:
Bros,have you been to Irkutsk (eastern Siberia)? I am considering resigning from my Job to study general medicine (English medium) this November. I got invitation from Irkutsk state medical university, last November, but i couldn't travel Irkutsk due to my poor planing. I am a laboratory scientist,but,my ambition and passion is to be a general surgeon.The school offered me another admission last two weeks,but i have not taken a final decision concerning my Job(federal govt).I love Russia, their language is easy.I can pronounce majority of Russian Alphabets and i know most of their basic terms like privet, zradstuite,kak dela etc.I don't have a problem with the cold Siberia winter.
Irkutsk is almost all round cold winter , cold cold cold cold , just only one month summer enjoyment , 11 months round the clock is cold cold cold , for weather matter e cold ooo fact , but sha russia winter is not as bad the way people are saying it online , with good jacket u are warm no problem at all..i am also in siberia and sometmes minus 10 i dont put on jackets i go to store with just t shirt on because i am already used to it. I will not discourage u, no shaking just fly to Russia all good bro. Only info from the current students over there is that the toilet hostel is always messed up by the Chinese students..

2 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Jorussia(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
homeboy232:
Irkutsk is almost all round cold winter , cold cold cold cold , just only one month summer enjoyment , 11 months round the clock is cold cold cold , for weather matter e cold ooo fact , but sha russia winter is not as bad the way people are saying it online , with good jacket u are warm no problem at all..i am also in siberia and sometmes minus 10 i dont put on jackets i go to store with just t shirt on because i am already used to it. I will not discourage u, no shaking just fly to Russia all good bro. Only info from the current students over there is that the toilet hostel is always messed up by the Chinese students..
I religiously followed events in Irkutsk in the months of July and August,via vesti Irkutsk,the least temperature the city experienced was +21°c.most of the days between mid June to August in Irkutsk,temperature is between +18°c and +32°c.The school hostel was recently renovated. The hostel fees was increased from $200 last year to $800 this year due to the recent renovation. I am still taking my time as i don't want what happened last year to repeat itself,after i paid $500 for admission letter and invitation and i ended up not going to Irkutsk.Are there Nigerian students in Irkutsk state medical university? which city in Siberia are you schooling?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jorussia:
I religiously followed events in Irkutsk in the months of July and August,via vesti Irkutsk,the least temperature the city experienced was +21°c.most of the days between mid June to August in Irkutsk,temperature is between +18°c and +32°c.The school hostel was recently renovated. The hostel fees was increased from $200 last year to $800 this year due to the recent renovation. I am still taking my time as i don't want what happened last year to repeat itself,after i paid $500 for admission letter and invitation and i ended up not going to Irkutsk.Are there Nigerian students in Irkutsk state medical university? which city in Siberia are you schooling?
u already know the current situation in Irkutsk and even weather forecast , that is good ooo, of course there are Nigerians studying medicine over there ..what happen last year
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jorussia:
. U ask me about lrkutsk I gave u accurate answer , u respond correcting me as if u know pass me , if u really know much about irkutsk, why u pay 500$ for admissoon ? For what 500$? People like una go just dey waste time on mumu research online, person dey russia dey talk u dey naija dey correct me as if u know pass me? If no be say i no like to discourage people, d city wey u dey go for your mind u don make best choice?? For u to even pay 500$ for ordinary admission , that alone don show say you know nothing about russia ...my advice , learn to listen from the horses mouth..500$ just waste for nothing .......

2 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Jorussia(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
homeboy232:
. U ask me about lrkutsk I gave u accurate answer , u respond correcting me as if u know pass me , if u really know much about irkutsk, why u pay 500$ for admissoon ? For what 500$? People like una go just dey waste time on mumu research online, person dey russia dey talk u dey naija dey correct me as if u know pass me? If no be say i no like to discourage people, d city wey u dey go for your mind u don make best choice?? For u to even pay 500$ for ordinary admission , that alone don show say you know nothing about russia ...my advice , learn to listen from the horses mouth..500$ just waste for nothing .......
bros the $500 na for official admission letter from the school and invitation letter for embassy. This information dey the school official website. Bros you nv still tell me where you dey for Siberia.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jorussia:
bros the $500 na for official admission letter from the school and invitation letter for embassy. This information dey the school official website. Bros you nv still tell me where you dey for Siberia.
I dey Novosibirsk ...

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Jorussia(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
homeboy232:
I dey Novosibirsk ...
you na chairman.Novosibirsk na the headquarters of Siberia.Novosibirsk dey more developed than Irkutsk. the longest metro bridge in the world na Novosibirsk he dey.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jorussia:
you na chairman.Novosibirsk na the headquarters of Siberia.Novosibirsk dey more developed than Irkutsk. the longest metro bridge in the world na Novosibirsk he dey.
waiting u really want self ? U dey Russia or where ? Dis one wey u know things pass even people wey dey Russia, all this kind bend bend talk make me dey 100% yards with naija boys here ...talk straight make people know waiting u want , dem increase hostel fees because of renovation of hostel ? Which kind useless university be dat? U don see novosibirsk state university hostel before? Anyhow sha na u sabi. U suppose know difference between ogun state university and unilag ..dem no be mate..

3 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2016
hello house,been an ardent follower of this thread...thumbs up to ya'll keeping this thread lively

pls I have an upcoming interview next week at the Russian embassy @ abuja,pls I would like to know likely questions that will be asked during the interview and also will previous visa rejection at another embassy affect my chances of getting visa...

all ur contributions are highly appreciated

homeboy232
professor554
FBS
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
CzarRex:
hello house,been an ardent follower of this thread...thumbs up to ya'll keeping this thread lively

pls I have an upcoming interview next week at the Russian embassy @ abuja,pls I would like to know likely questions that will be asked during the interview and also will previous visa rejection at another embassy affect my chances of getting visa...

homeboy232
professor554
FBS
Student visa, business visa? Tourist visa? Which one?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
FBS:
student visa
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2016
FBS:

yes oo. Which visa type
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2016
CzarRex:
student visa
OK all good nothing do you , your situation is 50 50 chance, reason for your previous visa rejection at other countries can still affect you ..now listen carefully .. You have three options . first u gamble and apply direct 50 50 chance, second back door 99%, third get a new fresh passport 99% ..
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2016
homeboy232:
OK all good nothing do you , your situation is 50 50 chance, reason for your previous visa rejection at other countries can still affect you ..now listen carefully .. You have three options . first u gamble and apply direct 50 50 chance, second back door 99%, third get a new fresh passport 99% ..
I applied direct, and I will like to know more about 'the second backdoor' and also likely questions to be asked

rejected bcus funds in the bank statement didnt meet their requirements and also improperly prepared documents

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
CzarRex:

homeboy232
professor554
FBS

Hello, the questions asked during a visa (student) interview from personal experience are general questions like why the country, course, school, who your sponsor is and so on. Also, to the question of if they will know of a visa rejection. That depends. If the rejection was stamped on your passport as it is done in the past then obviously they will know if they go through your passport pages. But if it is not stamped, then that depends on which country's embassy rejected you. For example if the US embassy rejected you, even on the basis of being a threat to national security, I don't think they will share that's intelligence with the russian federation. Because their diplomatic relationship is not that strong. But if US rejects you, then obviously countries like  UK, canada, France and other western allies will likely know because there is intelligence sharing between them. But if you were rejected by a strong russian ally like china or belarus, then there are chances that the russian embassy will be aware. My advice is just be truthful, and prayerful. Everything works with the will of God. All the best in your interview. ‎
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
homeboy232:

Change of passport is not done without genuine reasons. Even if you do it. Now the E-passport has previous passport number on the data page. Even if one lies that it is Either lost or burnt and that has to come with police report. And when you do biometrics, they will get your previous passport number using your finger prints and it will be placed on your data page. One just can't escape now.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Professor554:

Hello, the questions asked during a visa (student) interview from personal experience are general questions like why the country, course, school, who your sponsor is and so on. Also, to the question of if they will know of a visa rejection. That depends. If the rejection was stamped on your passport as it is done in the past then obviously they will know if they go through your passport pages. But if it is not stamped, then that depends on which country's embassy rejected you. For example if the US embassy rejected you, even on the basis of being a threat to national security, I don't think they will share that's intelligence with the russian federation. Because their diplomatic relationship is not that strong. But if US rejects you, then obviously countries like  UK, canada, France and other western allies will likely know because there is intelligence sharing between them. But if you were rejected by a strong russian ally like china or belarus, then there are chances that the russian embassy will be aware. My advice is just be truthful, and prayerful. Everything works with the will of God. All the best in your interview. ‎
thanks a lot!...actually was rejected by the Ukrainian embassy tho
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
CzarRex:
thanks a lot!...actually was rejected by the Ukrainian embassy tho

Ukraine and russia are having serious diplomatic problem. Infact I care is not taken, it could plunge the two nations Into war. So you don't have to worry. Besides the reason you gave for your rejection i.e incomplete documents and insufficient funds. There are possibilities that your circumstance has changed and both embassies have different requirements. I 10m is insufficient for ukraine, that does not apply to russia, they can choose to accept you like that. If your documents were incomplete then, no might not be same and besides their requirements are different .theres nothing to worry about there.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Professor554:

Ukraine and russia are having serious diplomatic problem. Infact I care is not taken, it could plunge the two nations Into war. So you don't have to worry. Besides the reason you gave for your rejection i.e incomplete documents and insufficient funds. There are possibilities that your circumstance has changed and both embassies have different requirements. I 10m is insufficient for ukraine, that does not apply to russia, they can choose to accept you like that. If your documents were incomplete then, no might not be same and besides their requirements are different .theres nothing to worry about there.
OK thanks bro,u just gave me additional boost

so grateful!
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Professor554:

the 10m u mentioned is it 10million or 10meters?
what is the minimum amount to have in your bank account to study in russia
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
fighal:
the 10m u mentioned is it 10million or 10meters?
what is the minimum amount to have in your bank account to study in russia

I meant 10m. I was just giving an example. Really I can't say but aleast have something good though from 3million above.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 8:36am On Sep 18, 2016
@homeboy232

I am not saying it is not easy to get a new passport. But thinking you can outsmart them is not possible. If you have committed any crime with your previous passport, they will know as the new E- passport has previous passport number on the datapage along with new passport number. You can ask people who have done passport renewal within this year. And you can't your previous passport number from them even if you can't produce your previous passport. They will get the number from your finger prints and your finger prints is yours alone. Not even twins have the same finger prints. Lastly embassies no longer stamp a rejection on ones passport. Only maybe all this under developed nations embassies. US,UK, china and so many nations I know use biometrics. They have your finger prints and they have your data on their system that is all. Why police deportation is gotten in one day is nothing of crime. It is a simple process. They just get your biometrics and see if you have been deported or not same tp character to see if you are an ex convict or not. Like I said your finger prints is for you alone. So no need for over screening. It is a thing of 1-5 minutes. And if you have any problem, criminal investigation department will not clear you as it is affiliated to interpol. Which means if you escape naija, you can't escape interpol.

The world is gradually becoming an unsafe heaven for criminals.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by kunlexy0807: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello guys. I've been following this thread silently for a while now and I must confess u guys are doing a good job here. I've been meaning to ask, is it possible I secure a Russian student visa with a self sponsored account. I am an MLS graduate and also working currently, but I've always wanted to diversify into d medical line. Major part of what I have in my acc was as a result of winnings from Nairabet few months back although a little percentage is from savings from my Salary over the years. I hope this won't be a problem to my visa application if I am defending what I have in my account by claiming I won a b lottery cos am a novice to Visa applications o. And pls d age limit for studying medicine in Russia
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
CzarRex:

homeboy232
professor554
FBS

Hey bro. What was the outcome of the interview.
What questions was asked?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
binaflexia:

Hey bro. What was the outcome of the interview.
What questions was asked?
no interview was conducted for me,was issued by the embassy to pay 61,050 for express visa,dunno the reasons but I suspect its because the school had already resumed in russia so they wanted to issue the visa quickly...but all in all at the end I was given visa last week friday
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
CzarRex:
no interview was conducted for me,was issued by the embassy to pay 61,050 for express visa,dunno the reasons but I suspect its because the school had already resumed in russia so they wanted to issue the visa quickly...but all in all at the end I was given visa last week friday

Congrat bro
Wow....that was quite amazing
What documents did you submit and what was the balance in your account statement. Are you going for Bsc or Masters?
Also, are you above or below 30?

Your answer will be much appreciated.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by CzarRex: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
binaflexia:

Congrat bro
Wow....that was quite amazing
What documents did you submit and what was the balance in your account statement. Are you going for Bsc or Masters?
Also, are you above or below 30?

Your answer will be much appreciated.
below 30, still a teenager, had 2.2million in bank statement,submitted police deport and character cert, admission and invitation letter, ndlea cert, sponsorship letter, ssce legalized by Mfa, HIV and medical cert of fitness from any general hospital, visa application form, insurance cert, I think that's all

travel insurance valid in russia for atleast 3 months you can get that from iGI, mansard,conerstone or leadway insurance or any good insurance company you know. Then bank statement for the last six months, receipt of consular fee payment, admission/acceptance letter.,,,

#copied from professor
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by binaflexia: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Thanks bro.
That was helpful

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.