Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Blackberry Mtn Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Mtn Fraud (4104 Views)

Recover Stolen Blackberry Mtn Nigeria / Can A Nigerian-sourced Blackberry (mtn) Run A Uk-sourced Sim (o2)? / Blackberry Mtn Nigeria Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
MTN nigeria has an hidden way of defrauding innocent Nigeria using BES internet service. There are two internet access on your phone one is MTN wap and the other one is Blackerry RIM if you mistakely use the wap you will be charged mercilesly But if you use RIM it is free and unlimited unfortuately you will not be warn if your phone mistakely pick wap as against RIM as I am writing this I just lost seven thousand naira to this fraudster and they cannot tell me what I downloaded to be so charged I am still hook up with their customer care to tell me what I download that moved my balance from 568 naira to 7568. Pls don't fall victim check always that you are on RIM browser always ensure all your application are on RIM before you pay through your nose you may not take note since it will be deducted from your salary
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by orke2cute: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2010
They dashd u 7,000 na, according to your post,they removed 568 to 7568. So u have 7000 now, Lol.
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Orke it is a debit balance and not credit balance. It is so painful. I will pay down and migrate to BIS those South African guys are fraud even with thier DSTV
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by eros(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
benzion72:

@Orke it is a debit balance and not credit balance. It is so painful. I will pay down and migrate to BIS those South African guys are fraud even with thier DSTV

I couldn't agree less with you. MTN is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria. They are fraudsters, especially the DSTV guys.
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by Olamipopo: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hello,
The same thing happen to me last week, 3000 credit. i notice when i make calls it deduct fast,, never knew it was the wap issue after paying 5000 montly for my bis service, this is really bad,
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Olamipopo you mean i can suffer the same fate on BIS then it is better to flush away my SIM card and use the berry as ordinary phone. That is what i will do tommorrow imidately i transfer all my information. I will reset the berry and insert Zain or Etizalat
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Olamipopo you mean i can suffer the same fate on BIS then it is better to flush away my SIM card and use the berry as ordinary phone. That is what i will do tommorrow imidately i transfer all my information. I will reset the berry and insert Zain or Etizalat
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by arsenal4va(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2010
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2010
@Arsenal you may not believe that I have turned my Blackberry to ordinary phone cos it really pissed me off. I am on BES and i have not gotten anybody to tell me a breakdown of what i am paying for even MTN customer care. The only thing they normally say like a choir is any data useage outside the bundle will attract 15k/kb. What I am my paying for email, internet use nobody tells me.
I will try to restore the SIM again and delete the fradulent WAP stuff. Thanks so much
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Arsenal Please what and what file should i delete from the service book. I have deleted MTN Wap but there are two other wap like
1. Wap Browser config
2. Wap2 Transport (WPTCP)
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benabbey(m): 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Benzion cry no more cross over to Zain BIS. just 5k per month with 1gig data you can even tetter it with your laptop for internet browsing
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by Ralvy(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
So Zain has a 1GB limit, with MTN it's unlimited. As regards the MTN Wap browser, it's not their fault really It's just the way BIS was set to be activated on their network. I'm using BIS on MTN and it's awesome, I'll try to write a few guides for people new to BIS on MTN later.

-[n3rve]
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
Check very well MTN give 20MB for BES
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by Ralvy(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Lol! Dt's funny, I hvnt used "BES", I use "BIS", and I've downloaded about 400MB between yesterday and this morning.

-[n3rve]
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Can it be tettered
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by Ralvy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
Haba, You think I downloaded 400MB on my phone? Ofcourse it can be tethered, I haven't tested the newest DM that supports tethering, I've also tried tetherberry on windows and it finished my credit.

On ubuntu Linux, I use "berry4all" and it works fine but only in Edge, can't tether in 3G. I'm assuming it's a bug that I have to find a fix for, I've heard that the berry4all devs will get a PPA soon where a later release will be uploaded, I'm hoping it will contain the 3G fix.

-[n3rve]
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benzion72(m): 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
Can you give me any MTN website that mention this unlimited stuff
Re: Blackberry Mtn Fraud by benabbey(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
divine logix (4 comments)
March 6, 2010 • 11:50 pm
@deoladoctor @alireta The BIS service from MTN is for “unlimited” phone browsing only!

@Afewgoodmen You can tether, but you will be charged at the standard WAP/GPRS/3G/3.5G PAYG Data rate, outside/apart from the BIS bundle. Avoid this option. Tethering is not covered by the BIS bundle. Also, any apps on your Blackberry that use the WAP/WAP2/TCP connection options aren’t covered by your BIS bundle. Be very careful. MTN does not fully spell this out but they WON’T give you are refund.

Lastly, when using the Blackberry’s web browswer with your BIS bundle set the Internet Browser or the Wi-Fi browser as your defaults. This will ensure you don’t browse with the WAP browser which will attract additional charges. Even when browsing with the Internet Browser be sure to avoid selecting bookmarks saved under the WAP bookmark folders. Doing this switches the browsing session to WAP and you will get slammed!

I know, it sounds too complicated but that’s the nature of the world we live in!

Google Chrome 4.1.249.1021 Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1021 Safari/532.5

http://www.mobilitynigeria.com/2010/03/02/blackberry-prepaid-from-mtn-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Reviews Of The Most Useless App On Playstore (pics) / Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name / Nokia XL??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.