Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback (46571 Views)

PPPRA Increases Price Of Petrol From N140.80 To N143.80 Per Litre / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / No Regrets Working Against Jonathan, Say ACF, NEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
How fuel scarcity crippled Nigeria
ABIODUN
26 MAY 2015
By Chioma Gabriel

LAGOS—Nigerians across the country have been suffering untold hardship as fuel crisis persisted since the weekend, triggering increase in the price of food commodities, transport fare and general cost of living.

Threats from MTN

Just recently, Nigeria-based South-African telecommunications giant, MTN Nigeria threatened to shut down its operations across Nigeria due to diesel shortage. MTN threatened that if it did not receive a significant diesel supply within 24 hours, it would shut down its operations.

A statement by the MTN Nigeria Corporate Services Executive, Akinwale Goodluck read; “MTN’s available reserves of diesel are running low and the company must source for a significant quantity of diesel in very near future to prevent a shutdown of services across Nigeria.

Long queue of jerry cans at a petrol station as fuel scarcity bites harder, yesterday. Photo: Joe Akintola, Photo Editor.
Long queue of jerry cans at a petrol station as fuel scarcity bites harder, yesterday. Photo: Joe Akintola, Photo Editor.
“If diesel supplies are not received within the next 24 hours, the network will be seriously degraded and customers will feel the impact.”

Nigerians from different walks of like told Vanguard in an encounter that if the fuel scarcity does not subside, other major mobile phones operators – Glo, Etisalat and Airtel may be confronted with the same fate as MTN Nigeria.

Shortly after MTN Nigeria threatened shut down due to the fuel crisis, Airtel mobile service provider also indicated that its users may experience difficulties.

Airtel’s message to subsrcibers

Airtel Nigeria sent out messages via SMS to its users to expect “some strain” on its services.

The message read; “Dear valued customers, this is to inform you that due to the nationwide fuel crisis, our services may experience some strain. We are doing everything possible to manage the situation. Thank you for understanding.”

Although other service providers were silent on the issue,many feared that they were facing the same challenge as others.

Lagos worst hit

Lagos appeared to be worst hit as many workers who could not afford transportation to their places of work either stayed home, paid exorbitant transport fares or trekked long distances to their various places of work.

According to residents that spoke to Vanguard, the hardship had never been this bad.

“Transport fares have risen to the high heavens. We pay through our noses to get to various destinations and the situation at the home-front is beyond imagination. I used to give my children N200 each everyday but since Thursday, it’s N50 per day for each child. I have not earned a kobo since the fuel crisis escalated and I’m completely down,” Nathaniel Solomon said.

Hair dressers’s plight

Victoria Adeyemi, a hairdresser at Okota expressed dismay over the development. He said: “I don’t know if it has ever been like this before. I live on daily income and I’m the one that sustains my family. My husband has no job and we have three children. Since the fuel scarcity started, I have not earned a dime. I run my business on fuel and I couldn’t buy fuel anymore and we have not seen a blink in form of power supply as a palliative to the problem.”

Another Lagos resident narrated how a woman in his compound stole his 25 litre Jerry-can filled with fuel to sustain her husband that returned to Nigeria from Brazil. Emenike Ofoma said he struggled to buy fuel at N150 per litre last Friday only to watch another tenant in the compound where he lives empty the entire product into her generator in order to please her husband.

“It’s really a crazy thing to do. The woman has been living with her daughter in the same compound with me for over seven years. Just recently, we noticed that a guy had moved in with her and we overheard them quarrelling at night on many occasions. We thought she just got herself a new boyfriend but another neighbour revealed it was her husband who had been based in Brazil that just came home.

“That night, there was power outage as usual and many people stayed outside. I stayed outside till 11pm when I decided to put on my generator. I had fuel inside it and decided to save the N25 litres I just bought but after everyone had gone inside, I noticed the woman pouring fuel inside her generator. I never knew it was my fuel until daybreak when I saw an empty jerrycan. I confronted her and she broke down telling me she didn’t want her husband to leave her again because of the heat and lack of power supply in Nigeria. She told me how the man abandoned her for seven years with their only daughter to travel and live in Mexico and that now that he is back, she is willing to do anything to keep him with her. I looked at her and decided not to make trouble but she returned the money I spent on the fuel. From that Friday till today (Monday), I have not been able to buy fuel. The fuel I bought for N150 per litre is now selling at N500 per litre.”

In all these, transportation cost has skyrocketed across the country and trekking had become vogue. Motorists and those who do their daily business with petrol complain of spending their fortunes to get the product.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by BeijinDossier: 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
Shut up old useless man, what do you know about economy. Buhari met the largest economy in Africa and ruined it within just 2yrs.

[s]
Abagworo:
Before any Jonathanian makes noise he should read this to refresh his memory. Jonathan handed over a crippled Nigeria to Buhari but his supporters think we've forgotten.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/how-fuel-scarcity-crippled-nigeria/amp/

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by ajepako(f): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
zombieTRACKER:
that's the irony of life in the SW
all those hypocrites and sycophants who demonstrated against the price hike back then have all crawled back into their holes...
falana comes to mind
Lauretta onochie is an Afonja judging from her way of life

On behalf of all afonja with functional brains, we reject Loretta Onochie... A
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by BeijinDossier: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
Shut your dirty mouth.

GEJ developed Nigeria's economy to worldclass.. even when he removed the subsidy fuel was still selling at 140k but the protests across the country forced him to revert. now Bubu removed subsidy without any protest but still yet we can't find the fuel to buy at at 145k. Bubu is a disaster.

[s]
Abagworo:

How fuel scarcity crippled Nigeria
ABIODUN
26 MAY 2015
By Chioma Gabriel

LAGOS—Nigerians across the country have been suffering untold hardship as fuel crisis persisted since the weekend, triggering increase in the price of food commodities, transport fare and general cost of living.

Threats from MTN

Just recently, Nigeria-based South-African telecommunications giant, MTN Nigeria threatened to shut down its operations across Nigeria due to diesel shortage. MTN threatened that if it did not receive a significant diesel supply within 24 hours, it would shut down its operations.

A statement by the MTN Nigeria Corporate Services Executive, Akinwale Goodluck read; “MTN’s available reserves of diesel are running low and the company must source for a significant quantity of diesel in very near future to prevent a shutdown of services across Nigeria.

“If diesel supplies are not received within the next 24 hours, the network will be seriously degraded and customers will feel the impact.”

Nigerians from different walks of like told Vanguard in an encounter that if the fuel scarcity does not subside, other major mobile phones operators – Glo, Etisalat and Airtel may be confronted with the same fate as MTN Nigeria.

Shortly after MTN Nigeria threatened shut down due to the fuel crisis, Airtel mobile service provider also indicated that its users may experience difficulties.

Airtel’s message to subsrcibers

Airtel Nigeria sent out messages via SMS to its users to expect “some strain” on its services.

The message read; “Dear valued customers, this is to inform you that due to the nationwide fuel crisis, our services may experience some strain. We are doing everything possible to manage the situation. Thank you for understanding.”

Although other service providers were silent on the issue,many feared that they were facing the same challenge as others.

Lagos worst hit

Lagos appeared to be worst hit as many workers who could not afford transportation to their places of work either stayed home, paid exorbitant transport fares or trekked long distances to their various places of work.

According to residents that spoke to Vanguard, the hardship had never been this bad.

“Transport fares have risen to the high heavens. We pay through our noses to get to various destinations and the situation at the home-front is beyond imagination. I used to give my children N200 each everyday but since Thursday, it’s N50 per day for each child. I have not earned a kobo since the fuel crisis escalated and I’m completely down,” Nathaniel Solomon said.

Hair dressers’s plight

Victoria Adeyemi, a hairdresser at Okota expressed dismay over the development. He said: “I don’t know if it has ever been like this before. I live on daily income and I’m the one that sustains my family. My husband has no job and we have three children. Since the fuel scarcity started, I have not earned a dime. I run my business on fuel and I couldn’t buy fuel anymore and we have not seen a blink in form of power supply as a palliative to the problem.”

Another Lagos resident narrated how a woman in his compound stole his 25 litre Jerry-can filled with fuel to sustain her husband that returned to Nigeria from Brazil. Emenike Ofoma said he struggled to buy fuel at N150 per litre last Friday only to watch another tenant in the compound where he lives empty the entire product into her generator in order to please her husband.

“It’s really a crazy thing to do. The woman has been living with her daughter in the same compound with me for over seven years. Just recently, we noticed that a guy had moved in with her and we overheard them quarrelling at night on many occasions. We thought she just got herself a new boyfriend but another neighbour revealed it was her husband who had been based in Brazil that just came home.

“That night, there was power outage as usual and many people stayed outside. I stayed outside till 11pm when I decided to put on my generator. I had fuel inside it and decided to save the N25 litres I just bought but after everyone had gone inside, I noticed the woman pouring fuel inside her generator. I never knew it was my fuel until daybreak when I saw an empty jerrycan. I confronted her and she broke down telling me she didn’t want her husband to leave her again because of the heat and lack of power supply in Nigeria. She told me how the man abandoned her for seven years with their only daughter to travel and live in Mexico and that now that he is back, she is willing to do anything to keep him with her. I looked at her and decided not to make trouble but she returned the money I spent on the fuel. From that Friday till today (Monday), I have not been able to buy fuel. The fuel I bought for N150 per litre is now selling at N500 per litre.”

In all these, transportation cost has skyrocketed across the country and trekking had become vogue. Motorists and those who do their daily business with petrol complain of spending their fortunes to get the product.

[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by BeijinDossier: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Throughout GEJ six years in power there was virtually no scarcity of pms.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by bedspread: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:
OP,
Is she not entitled to protest if she wants?

[s]Your hero GEJ is a big thief nobody trust. Even if PMB takes the price of full to 500 per litre (God forbid), nobody will protest as he is not a thief like your principal

You hero Jonathan is trusted like the fox
[/s]
SHARAPPPPPPPPPPP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by omimigaius(m): 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
It's really amazing and as well very disappointing about what we see in Nigeria politics. it's not new anyway, but the disappointment comes from the fact that our new generation politicians are also towing the parts of the greedy, looting and occultic old politicians. How can you criticize and protest against a non-performing government, then turned around to defend a new government that is doing exactly the same thing, just because you have been given appointment. Where are the likes of Lorritha Onochie, Dr. Joe Odumaki, Femi Falana, Peter Esele, NLC, TUC and all those who went to ojota to protest.
The conveners have gotten appointment and they are now the maggots and the cancaworms devouring the nation's immune system.
I am no longer surprise because, I saw that it is a political mentality adopted from the western Nigerian. Prof. Tai Sholarin, Bola Ige are their role models. Hypocrisy and selfishness are two diseases that no education can remove. It's in the blood and it's occultic.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

By then, you will be selling your destiny and using the money to buy fuel. I'm sure that will make you happy.

I have a question for you. Why do you love to comment as if you fish your brain from your anus?

No son, it is your destiny that is being sold
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by zombieTRACKER: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
ajepako:

On behalf of all afonja with functional brains, we reject Loretta Onochie... A

grin as your highness wishes
compliments of the season my queen
shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
vaca1:
jeez . read what you wrote again. from today may your life be the same way buhari has left this country citizens.

Your life will be worse ten times GEJ left this country
Amen and plus your generations
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by zombieTRACKER: 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:

No son, it is your destiny that is being sold

it's so evident that buhari stole your brain along side your destiny
I heard buharis cow is now 151
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by opribo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2017
Shameless people everywhere, wonder what they teach their children.

How do they even feel when they read things like this.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by zombieTRACKER: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:

Your life will be worse ten times GEJ left this country
Amen and plus your generations

we will keep praying for you
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by excel101(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:
OP,

Your hero GEJ is a big thief nobody trust. Even if PMB takes the price of full to 500 per litre (God forbid), nobody will protest as he is not a thief like your principal

Talk is cheap. Where're your evidences that he's a thief, Buhari is not a looters like you believed but the wife use wrist watch worth #20m, he said that Abacha never looted our commonwealth but he's recovering Abacha's loot. He also stole from the PTF fund as the Chairman. Worse of all he lacks ideas to turn the economy around. He's better of as a ward councillor, even in the area of fighting corruption that we thought he'll fair better, there's nothin write about it. He should go back to DAURA to continue his cow rearing biz.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Soneh(m): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Zico5:
Thank God this one is Igbo not Yoruba. They can do anything they like to her, Igbos are destroying Naija since time immemorial. I know one day masses shall overcome. Politicians are the same, give PDP another chance then see this country battered beyond recognition. They have one mentality and that is looting.
you just ruined a lovely comment by bringing up tribal sentiments.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Olatara(f): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
afbstrategies:

Tell me why you are not a millions time more ineffectual than him. Currently you are a slave and the bad thing is that none of your family members will ever produce a Nigerian president in the next 5000 years. So, keep ranting and take a little sip of burukutu after that. undecided

N/B Consider changing your username from 'jesusloveyou' to 'thunderfireyou' grin undecided
Haha
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by tejiritex(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:
OP,

Your hero GEJ is a big thief nobody trust. Even if PMB takes the price of full to 500 per litre (God forbid), nobody will protest as he is not a thief like your principal

Fool go always remain fool
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
tejiritex:

Fool go always remain fool

Stop whining flat.inos
Go and mourn your coward hero, llamadi Cownu
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
excel101:
Talk is cheap. Where're your evidences that he's a thief, Buhari is not a looters like you believed but the wife use wrist watch worth #20m, he said that Abacha never looted our commonwealth but he's recovering Abacha's loot. He also stole from the PTF fund as the Chairman. Worse of all he lacks ideas to turn the economy around. He's better of as a ward councillor, even in the area of fighting corruption that we thought he'll fair better, there's nothin write about it. He should go back to DAURA to continue his cow rearing biz.

Flat.ino go and mourn llamadi Cownu

Can you read the rubbish you wrote? So because PMB stole , Jonathan should also steal?

I pity your miserable life, you and the rest I the flat.inos will always be second class citizens in Nigeria
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Gossiplover: 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
na her work she dey do oo
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
zombieTRACKER:

we will keep praying for you

Hahahahahaha
Please pray to your generations of cowards : Ojukwu, Cownu at al
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Sunnyja: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
divicode:
OP,

Same way you said in 2015 that even if PMB and Tinubu are robbing the CBN you would still vote for them. Now you can't even afford fuel you were told will sells for N40 / liter when they take over.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
zombieTRACKER:

it's so evident that buhari stole your brain along side your destiny
I heard buharis cow is now 151

Yes llamadi Cownu I now the 151st. You will soon join them to be 152nd. Soon the whole of your generations will be there
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
bedspread:
SHARAPPPPPPPPPPP

Son, go and play with sand, this place is not for children with tecno
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by ProfDumbledor(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
@NgeneUkwuenu's ugly sister
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by Zico5(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
vaca1:
upon all the grammar, one like , one like cheiiii. Thank God the masses know better. you need change
who needs ur likes, I have spoken my mind. U can die on top of another man's problem
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by kechywillz(m): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
desreek9:
Lauretta is NgeneUkwenu
Shameless woman
Lol grin my sister how u take know

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by wirinet(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
BeijinDossier:
Throughout GEJ six years in power there was virtually no scarcity of pms.

Lies

Jonathan 's parting gift to Nigerians was an excruciating fuel scarcity;

Nigerians cry under biting petrol scarcity - 22 MAY 2015
Nigeria, Africa’s leading oil producer, on Thursday warned that jobs could be at risk, as a weeks-long fuel crisis showed no signs of easing.
Long queues have been seen for days outside filling stations, flights have been grounded and generators that kick in when the country’s patchy public electricity supply goes off have run silent, leaving many without power.
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigerians-cry-under-biting-petrol-scarcity/amp/

Fuel scarcity worsens in Lagos
Mar 4 2014

Queues in most filling stations in Lagos may last longer than expected as private depot owners in the state said they have run out of fuel.
The South-West Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG), Mr Tokunboh Korodo who confirmed this, said few other depots, including the government-owned ones, that have the product are rationing it for fear of the unknown.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/business/18126-fuel-scarcity-worsens-in-lagos

Fuel scarcity may continue till 2013- NNPC official
12 Nov 2012 ·

A top official of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency has said that the fuel scarcity being experienced in various states across Nigeria would continue till the first quarter of 2013 “if something urgent is not done.”
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/106743-fuel-scarcity-may-continue-till-2013-nnpc-official.html/amp

Infact there was serious fuel scarcity every year that Jonathan stayed in power.
Check this nairaland link for details - https://www.nairaland.com/3035840/there-fuel-scarcity-hike-pms

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by kechywillz(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
Who doesn't know that the aforementioned Lauretta Onochie is Ngenenkwuenu..Useless woman that thinks from her anus
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by mindtricks: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
Desyner:
The problem with her is same problem with majority of Nigerians. Greed and lack of principle.
They are capable of changing their perception of any situation to whatever favours them.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback by uprightman(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
NORSIYK:

And who told you she's Igbo
she is Delta Igbo woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde And His Legal Team Smile After Supreme Court Upheld His Election / Lamido And Son Smile After Granted Bail / Xerona Duke Performing At Niyola’s Concert (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.