Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder (19323 Views)

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 / 2005 Toyota Highlander Or Lexus Rx 330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by chitexy2: 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2010
Please I need constructive advice on each of these cars.I want to know the best amongst them. The cars are RAV4, CRV, HIGHLANDER OR PATHFINDER. If you equally have a better option outside these ones, please be free to mention it. I equally want to know the cost of 2004 model of any of the cars. Thanks
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by chelseabmw(m): 1:03am On Apr 06, 2010
i will advise u go for either Rav4 or highlander.The are more better than pathfinder or Crv.I will prefer u go for highlander because parts are common and it has more features than Rav4.You can still wait for either kunle or fhemmmy to respond to u.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 3:29am On Apr 06, 2010
chitexy_2:

Please I need constructive advice on each of these cars.I want to know the best amongst them. The cars are RAV4, CRV, HIGHLANDER OR PATHFINDER. If you equally have a better option outside these ones, please be free to mention it. I equally want to know the cost of 2004 model of any of the cars. Thanks

All the vehicles you selected are very great choices but they are more effective in different scenario. RAV4 and CRV are very good but the size of these vehicles can be limitations or huge drawback especially if you are a family man. It will be tough packing a family of 4-5 on a long weekend trip in a RAV4 with all luggage and stuff.

That leaves the Highlander and Pathfinder for consideration. They both however have different bright spot. The Pathfinder is more rugged than the highlander. So if you live in an area that has a very unforgiven road and terrain, you might have to consider it. It also comes with a very powerful 6 cylinder engine which can tackle any type of obstacle you can ever throw at it. The drawback is that it can be a little thirty. Petrol consumption CAN be a concern.

The highlander on the other hand, though not as rugged as the pathfinder, can definitely hold its own without complain. The biggest high point of the highlander is that it comes in both 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engine. (At least up till year 2007).

For my money, i will strongly consider the 4-cylinder 2004 Highlander. Its like having your cake and eating it at the same time. It shares the same platform and underpinnings as the Toyota Camry and the petrol consumption is almost the same. You however get a high profile and considerable more toughness and durability than the Camry. Though, not the rough and tumble ruggedness of a pathfinder.

The highlander is smoother to drive than the Nissan because of the absence of live axle on the rear wheels. Its basically like driving an elevated Camry.

So you consider your daily routine and commute to decide which of those you will be leaning towards.

For a 2004 Highlander (4-cylinder) with about 100k miles, i checked thru the dealer's inventory and came up with the one below for you.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 3:36am On Apr 06, 2010
Please be aware than inventory changes weekly and this vehicle may/may not be available when you are ready. However, i do attend auctions weekly and can always find you something nice from an almost inexhaustible inventory from the largest auction in the world.

Its very clean as you can see and has a clean CARFAX.

Landing cost is : N2.4m

[size=14pt]My contact is: promise72@yahoo.com[/size]

Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by elms: 8:10am On Apr 06, 2010
@kunle-A,
Are there highlanders with the 4 cylinders that are 4WD?
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 9:07am On Apr 06, 2010
elms:

@kunle-A,
Are there highlanders with the 4 cylinders that are 4WD?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by elms: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2010
@Kunle-A
Could i please know how much this would go for?
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 12:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
elms:

@Kunle-A
Could i please know how much this would go for?

We can be able to land either 2WD or 4WD for the same price. 4WD will just require some little effort to find but they are certainly available.

Regards
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2010
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by Abod(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2011
@ Kunle-A, is there a highlander model that has the 3rd row benchseat, is 4wd and is 4cylinders? if yes, how much could that land for?
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by femmy2010(m): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2011
For me ,it is in this order.

Highlander
Pathfinder
Rav4
Crv
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
Abod:

@ Kunle-A, is there a highlander model that has the 3rd row benchseat, is 4wd and is 4cylinders? if yes, how much could that land for?

i believe all 4 cylinders HL comes with 2 rows of seat.
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by sunkyshow(m): 1:07am On Dec 25, 2011
@kumle-A, my questn goes to u, i personally like rav4 (esp from 2002 upward). becoz its moderate in size and structure. bt my concern is, can it last for long using it on bad roads?( i live in ikorodu, wer roads are bad, and sumtimes floody ). moreso, i also read on NL dat it develops brainbox prob. pls wots ur advise coz i intend to buy dis car very soon. jst one word from you, pls talk more rav4
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by KunleA2(m): 2:15am On Dec 25, 2011
The Toyota RAV4 is a fine vehicle. its capable of tackling all the hustle and bustle of the Naija road. Very good on petrol.

HOWEVER, I WILL BE CAREFUL FROM GETTING A 2001-2003 MODEL COS OF ISSUES WITH THE BRAINBOX FOR THE TRANSMISSION. THEY LOSE THEIR PROGRAMMING EVERY NOW AND THEN. ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS TO "FLASH" OR REPROGRAM.

Most Naija mechanics are not capable of that. They will just ask you to get another one. The problem is from the factory. Its a matter of time before the new one go bad too.

SOLUTION?

Skip the 2001-2003 with automatic Transmission (either a year 2000 or 2004 upwards)
Get the manual gear if you have to get the 2001-2001
Get Honda CRV instead. Very close to each other in specs.

Good luck out there.

Awaye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2011
If you are to get the crv as well, the 02-05 has an issue with the AC called black death. The AC blows out completely and the whole system need to be replaced when that happens. Sometime twice in a year. I am not sure if the EU version of the crv suffers same fate.
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by sultaan(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2011
Pathfinder

If you wan't a SUV that is what you buy.
Wannabe is Highlander a crossover carlike suv

Then the SUV like compacts RAV CRV better left to the ladies.

Options

4Runner, Endeavor, RX350, ML, X5

All depends on your budget If you are worried about fuel efficiency buy a 4 cyl car.

You can also go for smaller 4 cyl Xterra, Escape, Liberty.
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by babalo1: 5:17am On Aug 05, 2012
dont be last in the race to owning a great ride. Pre-order this beautiful pathfinder 2001 model.coming to lagos in less than 60 days. Asking for just 1.7m
moyinolu@att.net or +1-410-258-1185

Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by paix(m): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote author=Kunle-A]Please be aware than inventory changes weekly and this vehicle may/may not be available when you are ready. However, i do attend auctions weekly and can always find you something nice from an almost inexhaustible inventory from the largest auction in the world.

Its very clean as you can see and has a clean CARFAX.
Please suggest, which SUV (2010) with not less than 4 speed auto gear, easy to maintain (not more than N4.5m) should I go for?
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by paix(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Kunle-A:
The Toyota RAV4 is a fine vehicle. its capable of tackling all the hustle and bustle of the Naija road. Very good on petrol.

HOWEVER, I WILL BE CAREFUL FROM GETTING A 2001-2003 MODEL COS OF ISSUES WITH THE BRAINBOX FOR THE TRANSMISSION. THEY LOSE THEIR PROGRAMMING EVERY NOW AND THEN. ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS TO "FLASH" OR REPROGRAM.

Most Naija mechanics are not capable of that. They will just ask you to get another one. The problem is from the factory. Its a matter of time before the new one go bad too.

SOLUTION?

Skip the 2001-2003 with automatic Transmission (either a year 2000 or 2004 upwards)
Get the manual gear if you have to get the 2001-2001
Get Honda CRV instead. Very close to each other in specs.

Good luck out there.

Awaye.

Please suggest, which SUV (2010) with not less than 4 speed auto gear, easy to maintain (not morethan
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by paix(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2013
Kunle-A:

i believe all 4 cylinders HL comes with 2 rows of seat.
please suggest, which SUV(2010) easy to maintain, not more than N4.5m should I go for?
Re: Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder by RichLizzy: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello kunle/Femi,

My Rav 4 2003 model is always making noise on the leg almost every month due to bad road. I am planning to sell the car off and get a new one kindly advise on a good SUV on a bad road for a lady. Kindly consider the fuel consumption too. Please advise me on the recent price for the car that would fit my request.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) / You Too Can Identify A Hybrid Car / 7 Most Recycled Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.