Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,643 members, 7,801,871 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

This Is What Poetry Means. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is What Poetry Means. (366 Views)

See What "LOL",LMAO, LWKMD And Other Internet Abbreviations Means In Chat. / The Little Things That Means Alot To Ladies / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Poetry Means. by MayorJake(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
POETRY
Poetry is that one spirit telling a madman to cross a busy road with his eyes closed.
Poetry is that one thread hiding below the root of the big Iroko tree refusing it to retire.
Poetry is that one button pinned to the center of this big universe that builds phlegm on my lips.
Poetry is that one sole that holds the leathers of my heart together even when it gets crushed.
Poetry is that one curtain I draw open in my ears to hear the black owl make warnings of the dangers ahead.
Poetry is that one eyed ant that speaks to me in big proverbs and parables which I cannot comprehend.
Poetry is that one man that burns my lightness with black and red candles as my hairs grasp darkness.
©MAYOR JAKE (26TH DEC, 2017)
Re: This Is What Poetry Means. by OgbonnayaJewel: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
Baba, I meet you here again, it's nice!

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed. / His Wings And A Man / Earning Opportunity For Online Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.