Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Acura Section - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura Section (3491 Views)

Between Acura TL 2010 & Lexus ES 350, Which Should I Buy?. / Acura MDX And Premium Fuel / Between Lexus 330 And Acura MDX 2008 Which Is Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura Section by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
I have searched through NL for the above named car brand but I am yet to find any. If you own the Acura product ranging from the sedan to the SUV like MDX,RDX, and ZDX this place should be for us to meet and share ideas. Starting with myself I want to love-vendor my 2001 Acura MDX with some new car accessories ranging from the sound system, to adding DVD and camera to it. Also there's need for me to change the headlamp of the SUV, I need information regarding the price of a new headlamp (MDX) if it comes as a glass instead of plastic it will be well appreciated. Will be uploading the pictures of the type of car.

Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
The cost of repainting the SUV too, I am based in the South East Region, will appreciate an Auto centre in Enugu or Awka preferably. There's also some icon that appear on the dash board which need to be wiped out, though it doesn't affect the performance of the car. I also want dealers of genuine brake pads. I have been hearing some funny sound from the back tyre of the passenger side since I changed the brake pad, I have been to my mechanic, he said the caliper is bad I have changed it but the sound persist when u put a new brake pad.
I need a competent hand that can change the car CD for me,(6CD LOADER) the one there has spoilt and the price of a new sound system.
Re: Acura Section by mayor2013: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
FrancisDozie:
The cost of repainting the SUV too, I am based in the South East Region, will appreciate an Auto centre in Enugu or Awka preferably. There's also some icon that appear on the dash board which need to be wiped out, though it doesn't affect the performance of the car. I also want dealers of genuine brake pads. I have been hearing some funny sound from the back tyre of the passenger side since I changed the brake pad, I have been to my mechanic, he said the caliper is bad I have changed it but the sound persist when u put a new brake pad.
I need a competent hand that can change the car CD for me,(6CD LOADER) the one there has spoilt and the price of a new sound system.

Bosch brake pads available. Front is 20k rear is 15k
Re: Acura Section by DaimlerBen(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
FrancisDozie:
I have searched through NL for the above named car brand but I am yet to find any. If you own the Acura product ranging from the sedan to the SUV like MDX,RDX, and ZDX this place should be for us to meet and share ideas. Starting with myself I want to love-vendor my 2001 Acura MDX with some new car accessories ranging from the sound system, to adding DVD and camera to it. Also there's need for me to change the headlamp of the SUV, I need information regarding the price of a new headlamp (MDX) if it comes as a glass instead of plastic it will be well appreciated. Will be uploading the pictures of the type of car.

https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
mayor2013:

Bosch brake pads available. Front is 20k rear is 15k

There's a continuous noise at the rear tyre of my 2001 Acura MDX, ( RHS) . I have been changing different brake pads but the noise persists, the other three wheels are fine except that one. I am wondering if the fault is from the brake disc. If you have any knowledge on what could be wrong
Re: Acura Section by luvinhubby(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
FrancisDozie:

There's a continuous noise at the rear tyre of my 2001 Acura MDX, ( RHS) . I have been changing different brake pads but the noise persists, the other three wheels are fine except that one. I am wondering if the fault is from the brake disc. If you have any knowledge on what could be wrong

Caliper.
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
luvinhubby:

Caliper.

The caliper has been changed before. But there are lines in some section of the brake disc, some other section of it are not uniform. My mechanic is saying the brake disc is the faulty part
Re: Acura Section by luvinhubby(m): 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
FrancisDozie:

The caliper has been changed before. But there are lines in some section of the brake disc, some other section of it are not uniform. My mechanic is saying the brake disc is the faulty part

If the groves are well pronounced, replace it, if not, smoothen with sand paper.
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
luvinhubby:

If the groves are well pronounced, replace it, if not, smoothen with sand paper.

Took it to the mechanic today, it was smoothen with abrasive paper, I even bought a new brake pad to make it look even. The noise I heard while driving home is really crazy, a continuous noise that if you pass or try to press the brake, people will turn to look in your direction.

2moro I will change the brake disc and observe its movement.
Re: Acura Section by mayor2013: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
FrancisDozie:

Get an original brake pad. Substandard brake pad causes those grooves you see
Re: Acura Section by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:14am On Feb 09, 2018
FrancisDozie:

Took it to the mechanic today, it was smoothen with abrasive paper, I even bought a new brake pad to make it look even. The noise I heard while driving home is really crazy, a continuous noise that if you pass or try to press the brake, people will turn to look in your direction.

2moro I will change the brake disc and observe its movement.

guy u dey change parts like kilode Haba mana
the new brake pads also needs some sanding else it can cause that noise too till it pairs with the disc uniformly
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

guy u dey change parts like kilode Haba mana
the new brake pads also needs some sanding else it can cause that noise too till it pairs with the disc uniformly

Bros not my fault, I have been coping with the noise for over two years now.
The noise has stopped for now.
That's a huge relief for me.
Re: Acura Section by Dominikus: 11:56pm On May 09, 2018
FrancisDozie:

Bros not my fault, I have been coping with the noise for over two years now.
The noise has stopped for now.
That's a huge relief for me.

Good Evening Bros, please I would like to know the fuel consumption rate of your 2001 Acura, would it possibly be the same for the 2003 Acura MDX also, considering purchasing one. And can you state amount of fuel you buy to get you car through a week's usage. Anticipating your reply, Thanks
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 10, 2018
Dominikus:

Good Evening Bros, please I would like to know the fuel consumption rate of your 2001 Acura, would it possibly be the same for the 2003 Acura MDX also, considering purchasing one. And can you state amount of fuel you buy to get you car through a week's usage. Anticipating your reply, Thanks

#10000 Fuel Will Take Me 2weeks And Some Days.Which I Will Use #3000 To Top It Up Again To Full Tank.I Stay In The South East Of Nigeria.Yours May Differ If Is A Congested Place Like Lagos State.The 2003 Acura Mdx Is The 2nd Generation And It Differs From The 2001 - 2002 Own.If I Am Heading To My Hometown In Anambra,the Full Tank Will See Me Through With The AC on.
Re: Acura Section by Dominikus: 10:51pm On May 10, 2018
Thanks a lot for the prompt response sir. It's in Lagos I intend using it,majorly within the Island,so I believe it might possibly consume same or lower? And please how does the 2003 model differ from the 2001 - 2002?

FrancisDozie:

#10000 Fuel Will Take Me 2weeks And Some Days.Which I Will Use #3000 To Top It Up Again To Full Tank.I Stay In The South East Of Nigeria.Yours May Differ If Is A Congested Place Like Lagos State.The 2003 Acura Mdx Is The 2nd Generation And It Differs From The 2001 - 2002 Own.If I Am Heading To My Hometown In Anambra,the Full Tank Will See Me Through With The AC on.
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 10, 2018
Dominikus:
Thanks a lot for the prompt response sir. It's in Lagos I intend using it,majorly within the Island,so I believe it might possibly consume same or lower? And please how does the 2003 model differ from the 2001 - 2002?

In Terms Of The Music Quality The 2003 Mdx Is More Twished Than The 2001.Is Filled With More Buttons For You To Play With,the Cabin Space Is Slightiy Smaller Than To The 2001 Bt Can Only Be Noticed In Close Observation. Myself Prefer The 2nd Generation MDX To The 1st.
Re: Acura Section by Dominikus: 11:48pm On May 11, 2018
FrancisDozie:

In Terms Of The Music Quality The 2003 Mdx Is More Twished Than The 2001.Is Filled With More Buttons For You To Play With,the Cabin Space Is Slightiy Smaller Than To The 2001 Bt Can Only Be Noticed In Close Observation. Myself Prefer The 2nd Generation MDX To The 1st.

Okay, Thanks a lot Brother
Re: Acura Section by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 20, 2018
[quote author=mayor2013 post=63662695]

Bosch brake pads available. Front is 20k rear is 15k[/quote

I was washing my 2007 Acura RDX sunday evening,after washing the dashboard I noticed that the DRL(Day running light) started blinking continuously, mind you the ignition was off before it started. I started the car the wiper began the swinging continuously with water coming out from the vent in the bonnet. I also noticed that my audio system wasn't displaying again. The screen was totally blank. I switched off the ignition, to allow the water dry off in case it may have entered a place is not supposed to. The DRL kept flashing so I had to remove one head of the battery to avoid the battery getting drained. When I finished my washing, I put the battery head back, the wiper has corrected because it didn't swing like before, but of the DRL kept flashing on. The display screen of the audio still blank. But the car revs without any problem. I am asking if this could be connected to some fuse malfunction? When the ignition is ON, no icon appears on the dashboard screen indicating that something is wrong. Could it be that the audio system not displaying is connected to some water that still not dried up completely?

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Much Is Complete Gearbox For Tiny Light Camry? / Mobile Mechanic At Lekki / What Car Will You Advice Me To Buy For 300-400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.