Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? (1906 Views)

Incest: Is Non-attractiveness To A Sibling Natural Or Nurtured Against..? / Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
I really need the opinion of matured people.

Does beauty or handsomeness have any effect on a happy marriage?

Is it okay to overlook physical attractiveness when it comes to marriage?

I would be very glad if married people can give their experience on this, thanks!

Seun lalasticlala mynd44
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Iyanda1993: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Physical appearance does not affect marriage once there is love between the couple there us everything
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Sister, kid yourself not.

Physical attraction is very essential.

But,

Physical attraction need not be at first sight. It can “develop” over time and this often is when you get to know the person’s innate qualities which makes them appear attractive to you.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Headlesschicken(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ask d male pen!s he should v all d answers u need,i wonder if i don't get turned on whenever I'm wiv u then i 1nda ow I'm gon spend my whole life wiv u,mehn dat wld b real torture....
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
Marry someone you are proud to flaunt.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by UbanmeUdie: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
shocked

Well, well, well!

Character is golden but that is not an excuse for any man to marry an ugly woman.
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Mcy56(f): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
Physical attractiveness matters in marriage, it must however not be the basis for a man's choice of a spouse, other inner qualities are essential.

A man needs to be proud to be seen with his wife anywhere, anyday and for any occassion. It's a source of pride to such man.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
Iyanda1993:
Physical appearance does not affect marriage once there is love between the couple there us everything

So love is enough, right? Please, are you married?
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mcy56:
Physical attractiveness matters in marriage, it must however not be the basis for a man's choice of a spouse, other inner qualities are essential.

A man needs to be proud to be seen with his wife anywhere, anyday and for any occassion. It's a source of pride to such man.

I thought so too, thanks
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Well, well, well!

Character is golden but that is not an excuse for any man to marry an ugly woman.

How do you define an ugly woman? I thought they say money changes everybody, that nobody is ugly
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:
Marry someone you are proud to flaunt.

What if i have no intention of flaunting him?
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
Headlesschicken:
Ask d male pen!s he should v all d answers u need,i wonder if i don't get turned on whenever I'm wiv u then i 1nda ow I'm gon spend my whole life wiv u,mehn dat wld b real torture....

What if she grows older? Or will the erection be forever? Some older people dont even have sex anymore.. Does it all boil down to sex?
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
Xiadnat:
Sister, kid yourself not.

Physical attraction is very essential.

But,

Physical attraction need not be at first sight. It can “develop” over time and this often is when you get to know the person’s innate qualities which makes them appear attractive to you.

Good luck.

I would want you to further explain this "develop over time" aspect. Is it that someone you dont find attractive today can be attractive tomorrow?
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2017
tolanibae:

One day you will flaunt him.
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by SmellingAnus(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
tolanibae:

undecided
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by ednut1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
Showoff
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by richie240: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
tolanibae:
I really need the opinion of matured people.

Does beauty or handsomeness have any effect on a happy marriage?

Is it okay to overlook physical attractiveness when it comes to marriage?

I would be very glad if married people can give their experience on this, thanks!

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

Do you know how many luxurious cars davido has? Six!
What about Christiano Ronaldo? Nineteen (19)

How many cars can take either of them from one destination to d other? Just one!
Then why the profligacy?
Simple, human beings wants (not needs o) are insatiable!
Neither of them bought all those cars in a single day. When they thought they've bought the ultimate ride, another one pops up d following year.

This is d same reason couples cheat on one another. Whoever wouldve thought that jayz could ever cheat on the godess-beyonce? But it happened! That shows that beauty alone isn't enough 4 a successful marriage.
Beauty is like ur university certificate- it can ONLY land u a job but ur skills and a whole bunch of other factors will keep that job for you.

Speaking as a male, men are attracted by what they see and that's all. A man can be aroused and end up making love to an attractive woman without a pinch of love for her in his heart.
If/when a man marries u for ur beauty, be rest assured that he'll still set his eyes on other women (either equally beautiful or more beautiful than u).
To cut along story short, outward beauty can land u a marriage but inward beauty ie ur character only will preserve that marriage for u.

A TIP: Don't let modernization fool u o. Men (,esp African men) are egoists. They want submission from their women. During courtship, he may open d car door for u, preach (and acts) d 'ladies first' sermon, even kneel down to propose to u, acts indifference to 'equality', feminism etc, but that's where it ends o. Once u bcom his wife, subconsciously he expects u to SUBMIT to his authority. And this is where things go south in many marriages. The woman is confused at the Change ...,.....and b4 u say 'jack', they have gone their separate ways.
Just know now that life as a fiancé ~fiancee is totally different from life as husband~wife.
If u follow ds tip (coupled with lots of prayers plus heart of forgiveness) ull have a lon-lasting marriage.
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
richie240:

Do you know how many luxurious cars davido has? Six!
What about Christiano Ronaldo? Nineteen (19)

How many cars can take either of them from one destination to d other? Just one!
Then why the profligacy?
Simple, human beings wants (not needs o) are insatiable!
Neither of them bought all those cars in a single day. When they thought they've bought the ultimate ride, another one pops up d following year.

This is d same reason couples cheat on one another. Whoever wouldve thought that jayz could ever cheat on the godess-beyonce? But it happened! That shows that beauty alone isn't enough 4 a successful marriage.
Beauty is like ur university certificate- it can ONLY land u a job but ur skills and a whole bunch of other factors will keep that job for you.

Speaking as a male, men are attracted by what they see and that's all. A man can be aroused and end up making love to an attractive woman without a pinch of love for her in his heart.
If/when a man marries u for ur beauty, be rest assured that he'll still set his eyes on other women (either equally beautiful or more beautiful than u).
To cut along story short, outward beauty can land u a marriage but inward beauty ie ur character only will preserve that marriage for u.

A TIP: Don't let modernization fool u o. Men (,esp African men) are egoists. They want submission from their women. During courtship, he may open d car door for u, preach (and acts) d 'ladies first' sermon, even kneel down to propose to u, acts indifference to 'equality', feminism etc, but that's where it ends o. Once u bcom his wife, subconsciously he expects u to SUBMIT to his authority. And this is where things go south in many marriages. The woman is confused at the Change ...,.....and b4 u say 'jack', they have gone their separate ways.
Just know now that life as a fiancé ~fiancee is totally different from life as husband~wife.
If u follow ds tip (coupled with lots of prayers plus heart of forgiveness) ull have a lon-lasting marriage.

Thanks so much for this. If i may ask, are you married?
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by richie240: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
tolanibae:

Thanks so much for this. If i may ask, are you married?
Yes
Re: What Is The Role Of Physical Attractiveness In A Marriage? by tolanibae(f): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
richie240:

Yes

I tot as much

(1) (Reply)

What's The Different Between Pant And Bikini? / COME & LEARN | Lady Educates Nigerian Men On How To Squeeze Their Breast (video} / Gurls Barely Know Who's Ryt For Em (zero Decision Upstairs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.