Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? (2193 Views)

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? / Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
My dad is at it again,
How do people cope with these pressures from people around them including family,

I’m just about 27 but my dad keeps worrying me over marriage I am not planning for anytime soon because he thinks i am living very comfortable of which I’m done with the troubles I go through from girls.

Infact I have been happy and having peace of mind lately being out of relationships

Is it a crime to be the only son of a home ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by SULTANALAUDDIN: 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2017
You're 27?? I'm just 24 and my mum is always pressuring over not having a fiancée. I don't know how to tell her in my native language that we are in the era of HOES it is difficult to find a good girl.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lol. who marriage help?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by jamariwolf2(f): 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
Answer these questions and I'll know how to help you.

1. How financially stable are you? If you don't have up to 10milla net worth, tell your old man to free you oooooo. Them no born woman come suffer with her husband.
2. Are you gay? No, really. You are 27 and you're already 'done with girls'. Please you don't need to reply but be honest to yourself. Just saying oo
3. What happiness do you derive being single? Oga are you sure you don't like men. Let me come and be going sef
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Gentle034(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:
My dad is at it again,
How do people cope with these pressures from people around them including family,

I’m just about 27 but my dad keeps worrying me over marriage I am not planning for anytime soon because he thinks i am living very comfortable of which I’m done with the troubles I go through from girls.

Infact I have been happy and having peace of mind lately being out of relationships

Nah it' not, ur old man expects an offspring from u which is normal, but then my advice is not to give in to d pressure if u ain't ready so u don't end up regretting. #my 1kobo piece of advice
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
beardlessdude:
Lol. who marriage help?
Brother, I don’t know o..
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by correctguy101(m): 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:
My dad is at it again,

Ha, I'm an only son too. Only got a mother and she doesn't let me rest too.

I know how you feel. Just listen and say yes sir.

My being unmarried and irreligious are the two things my mom always remind me anytime I run my mouth...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by correctguy101(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
Gentle034:

Nah it' not, ur old man expects an offspring from u which is normal, but then my advice is not to give in to d pressure if u ain't ready so u don't end up regretting. #my 1kobo piece of advice

I don't think it's really about having an offspring. I have a daughter but my mum still wants a daughter in law undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
Gentle034:

I almost did earlier this year but I can’t begin with stories aftermath.

was thinking it was just an offspring issue until my elder sister gave birth finally around September making him a grandfather..

Just this night we had a long call conversation with mentions and advices like I should force myself to pick a wife
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
correctguy101:

Ha, I'm an only son too. Only got a mother and she doesn't let me rest too.

I know how you feel. Just listen and say yes sir.

My being unmarried and irreligious are the two things my mom always remind me anytime I run my mouth...
lol grin at least somebody can relate grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
SULTANALAUDDIN:
You're 27?? I'm just 24 and my mum is always pressuring over not having a fiancée. I don't know how to tell her in my native language that we are in the era of HOES it is difficult to find a good girl.
I swear bro,, not easy at all
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by marooh: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
Just tell ur dad that ur missing rib is not yet found...

Marriage is beautiful if u find someone that love what u do...

Woman like material things so....so don't marry a girl that love u but the girl dat love what you do!
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
jamariwolf2:
Answer these questions and I'll know how to help you.

1. How financially stable are you? If you don't have up to 10milla net worth, tell your old man to free you oooooo. Them no born woman come suffer with her husband.
2. Are you gay? No, really. You are 27 and you're already 'done with girls'. Please you don't need to reply but be honest to yourself. Just saying oo
3. What happiness do you derive being single? Oga are you sure you don't like men. Let me come and be going sef

God forbid I can be gay. As a matter of fact I despise gays

I am just sick and tired of the bullshits I get from Nigerian ladies with the very poor orientation they got from the society
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
marooh:
Just tell ur dad that ur missing rib is not yet found...

Marriage is beautiful if u find someone that love what u do...

Woman like material things so....so don't marry a girl that love u but the girl dat love what you do!
But why are you answering my name going by your ID ? ?
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by jamariwolf2(f): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

1. I am very financially stable with over that net worth so that’s not a case.

2. God forbid I can be gay. As a matter of fact I despise gays

3. I am just sick and tired of the bullshits I get from Nigerian ladies with the very poor orientation they got from the society
Hmmm send me a pm then. You just found yourself a wife. kiss
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
jamariwolf2:
Its like you are not reading it well, I have many girls around me but I am not looking for a wife

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by jamariwolf2(f): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

Is like you are not reading it well, I have many girls around me but I am not looking for a wife
lol. But why? With all the money nii
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by correctguy101(m): 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:
lol grin at least somebody can relate grin grin grin

It's not a small thing bro. Plus I already gave her a grand daughter the old woman never stops to remind me of my marital status.

She'll be like "My boy, you'll not find a girl to settle down with abi? I heard mature ladies visit you in this house. You think as you are living people are not seeing you? I know all your secrets. Find a good girl and make me happy" undecided

Me will just be silent and say thank you ma, I'll try and deny the ones I could.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
jamariwolf2:
lol. But why? With all the money nii
Let me use you as an example. See how you bolded the above and asked me to send you a pm, not that you’ve seen me or know me, neither how I look like.

Most ladies flock around me for such reasons and at the end of the day, they make it seem that is the reason they are around me.

Do you need me to continue ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
The pressure is too much on we girls.
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
jamariwolf2:
This geh..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
correctguy101:

It's not a small thing bro. Plus I already gave her a grand daughter the old woman never stops to remind me of my marital status.

She'll be like "My boy, you'll not find a girl to settle down with abi? I heard mature ladies visit you in this house. You think as you are living people are not seeing you? I know all your secrets. Find a good girl and make me happy" undecided

Me will just be silent and say thank you ma, I'll try and deny the ones I could.
If I had a child like you, I would care less.. seriously
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
Either way wahala dey.u no marry dem go hassle u why u no marrycheesy... U marry and ur wife will be nagging u to death over unnecessary stuff,fighting u and all.a number of married men kick the bucket before they turn 50 all thanks to their trouble some nagging wife.get married when u know u are psychologically and financially ready cos if u follow ur parents mouth oyo will be ur case. With the strong racket wey many babes dey pull these days u got to be careful when choosing a wife.marriage no be beans.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by marooh: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

Its like you are not reading it well, I have many girls around me but I am not looking for a wife

So,Na only pressure on marriage u fine come here?
Eeh
Why not try bobrisky as u no wan marry wife

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
marooh:

So,Na only pressure on marriage u fine come here?
Eeh
Why not try bobrisky as u no wan marry wife
God forbid...
Respect yourself ooo.. you well so ?
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Gentle034(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

I almost did earlier this year but I can’t begin with stories aftermath.

was thinking it was just an offspring issue until my elder sister gave birth finally around September making him a grandfather..

Just this night we had a long call conversation with mentions and advices like I should force myself to pick a wife
I still think you shld not rush urself into this. Have u ever asked your dad why he really wants you to settle down sharp-sharp?
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by jamariwolf2(f): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

Let me use you as an example. See how you bolded the above and asked me to send you a pm, not that you’ve seen me or know me, neither how I look like.

Most ladies flock around me for such reasons and at the end of the day, they make it seem that is the reason they are around me.

Do you need me to continue ?
lol. Don't continue.
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
lefulefu:
Either way wahala dey.u no marry dem go hassle u why u no marrycheesy... U marry and ur wife will be nagging u to death over unnecessary stuff,fighting u and all.a number of married men kick the bucket before they turn 50 all thanks to their trouble some nagging wife.get married when u know u are psychologically and financially ready cos if u follow ur parents mouth oyo will be ur case. With the strong racket wey many babes dey pull these days u got to be careful when choosing a wife.marriage no be beans.
The things we see ladies do these days shocked shocked
I rather stay at peace with my mind
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by jamariwolf2(f): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:
This geh..
lol. My sista. Who no like better thing.
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
Gentle034:

I still think you shld not rush urself into this. Have u ever asked your dad why he really wants you to settle down sharp-sharp?
You know that question is very hard. I’m sure he will start with fornication to cover his tracks .. normal thing very religious father will do cos i remember him saying Something hold your body very well on that call earlier
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by Gentle034(m): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
correctguy101:

I don't think it's really about having an offspring. I have a daughter but my mum still wants a daughter in law undecided
Gee you would be surprised, if u ask her why d pressure on marriage, especially if she is a religious person.
Re: How Do You Cope With Marriage Pressures ? by WebSurfer(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
jamariwolf2:
lol. Don't continue.
The things girls do are amazing plus they ain’t loyal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Landlord / 39 Facts You Need To Know About Ijebu People / Bad Breath Issues With My Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.