Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) (3696 Views)

Read Nigeria Project: Second Edition – Group Photograph Taken After The Reading / The Road Not Taken By Robert Frost - Analysis Of The Poem / An Open Letter To Emir Sanusi, Nigeria's No1 Activist Emir By Ambrose Anih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
PROLOGUE

I don't know how my life is gonna be after today. Early this morning,Oliver came to my house to have a chat with me and my wife. Have never seen him so destabilized like this in years. Indeed, something is really wrong.

We sat in the living room together with Vera for a quick chat.

The first word that flies out of my mouth was" Don't tell me you look like Christmas chicken all because you need money again".Vera softly tapped my leg and gave me a "not funny" look.

Oliver stared at me for some seconds and ends it with a sigh.

"Nope, for now... Look, Gina is back into my life once more"Oliver busted into tears

Vera stared at me with shock "who's Vera George?." I looked at her and gave a smile obviously not real.

"It's just some girl that Oliver made out with in a strip club we went to, look.. I explain later. " I faced Oliver with a shocking face.

" I thought you've gotten rid of her? "I asked.

"yes I did, but I received a weird basket last night with a baby in it and a letter...The letter.. The letter was fr-om Gina saying that the child belongs to me" Oliver stuttered.

Vera and I were surprised to see thats what's  bothering him.. Becoming a father.

"wow, you mean she was pregnant for you when you left her?... Congratulations bro!! " i said but instead of getting a smile from Oliver.. He cried out.

"How am I supposed to take care of a child when I can't even take care of myself?...  It's bad man"Oliver bow his down in tears.

"Yes it is, I will do anything for you and you know  that since kindergarten  but I can't " I replied in a low tone. Vera held my hand and stared at me.

"wait, I... Think you can" Oliver stood up raising his middle finger.Vera and I looked at each other.

"and what's that? ." I asked looking confused.

"you can help me raise her till she is fifteen " Oliver's face brightened up with a smile.

"what!!!.. That can't happen" Vera jumped up throwing down the throw pillow.

"hummm okay then" I said  moving toward Oliver.

"I said that's not.... "

"What's not Vera?... This is my chance of feeling like Father since you havent been able to give a child for the past four years we've been together " I cut in with anger and tears. Oliver looked at me in shock.

"Thanks bro. I...guess we will meet later to give you the baby.Her name is Christina.i... I should be on my way" Oliver walked out of the house while staring at Vera.i could see how relieved Oliver was.

"Hmmmmmmm,you are now rubbing my inability to give birth on my face right? "Vera beat her chest with her hand while looking at me. I got confused and felt guilty.

"Vera I... "

"save it"she snapped with a hand gesture " I have accepted my fate..am not angry anymore "Vera said bowing her head with tears.

"Thank you,you know I care about you " I went ahead and hugged Vera kissing her on her forehead. I broke the hug and held her by the waist.

"But.. But, you have to tell the child if she begins to talk" I looked at Vera with disappointment.

"No, not until Oliver is ready"i protested

"Then... I'd tell her myself"

THANKS FOR READING!!!

IF IT IS INTERESTING,PLEASE YOU CAN TRY AND GIVE IT A LIKE AND  COMMENT!!!!

I NEED TO GET YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS PROLOGUE BEFORE I START POSTING THE STORY ITSELF SO I COULD KNOW WHAT YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by muhammed50(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
A nice Epilogue... Continue!
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 6:28am On Dec 29, 2017
CHAPTER 1: WORST DAYS

Now I have to reach for my locker in the locker room. Running into the school bully might be my worst nightmare. I really need  to swim through college challenges without  getting  into any mess.

Immediately my hand stretched  for my locker, it got jacked off.

"wow Jane!!, no doubt those eggbrain of yours will land you into college. Now... Let see if you even last a week here"

A compiling hatred is all I have for Micheal. What can I do?. I don't  stand a chance  against  Westville  most feared  bully.
I summoned courage and take a step toward him.
"Back of bitch, I really don't  have time for this"
I looked through his dark blue eyes, oh crap!, I have only worsen the problem.
"Hem... Did you just called me... 'Bitch' ?" Michael stepped into my comfort zone and grabbed my shirt with his muscular  hands. Every other student step forward  to watch me get beaten as usual.
"cut it out guys!!!! " a voice  popped out from the  crowd. My eyes caught a short black girl in a bright yellow  T-shirt  with blue skirt coming in.  It's Sammie.

Micheal glanced at Sammie before slamming my back on my locker.

"Oh... You are lucky this time Jane but next time, even miss Cinderella won't hold me back" He chuckled  and gave me a 'Bleep you' hand before leaving. I will definitely make sure there won't be a next time.

I adjusted my scattered hair as Sammie approached me.

"Thanks for saving my ass... Again" I said with a bright smile on my face.

Sammie has always been there for me to stand against bullies since fifth grade, and if she is not there sometimes, I'd get a range of printed bruises on me.

"It's nothing girlfriend... Let's just head for physics  class.you might be lucky to have a chance with Paul".
I picked my physics note from the locker and slammed it shut before we leave.

Being a science student like I am comes with many benefits. You get to look cool in a lab coat,you get to have some real life practicals of what have been taught and most of all, you get to pair up luckily with your crush and in my own situation,with Paul,the most handsome guy during group lab practicals.

"Okay... Listen up everyone!!!" Mrs Lopez hit her front desk with her bad-ass stick. "I... Will be explaining the concept  of Magnetism in practical form so... Please, kindly pair up with a partner before we begin". There it is, another door of opportunity. I took my stuff to join Paul but... Sammie beat me to it.

Sammie looked at me with a wink and whispered "sorry girlfriend, I just can't resist his face". I raised my eyebrow with a 'pissed off" look.

I meet up with Sammie after the end of the class for lunch break at the cafeteria where we get to gist about guys and some other stuff but this time, I will make sure the major topic is paul.

" I guess after the class, you finally get your chance to hand around with Paul right?." I stood in her front with crossed arms.

"I told you Jane, he was just irresistible or... Are you jealous?. "Sammie pushed me slightly with  her index finger.

I looked at her"jealous?... Hell  no!. I mean... Although, I liked him but that doesn't mean I am... You know what, let's switch to another topic"

We got to the cafeteria, and Sammie and I bought some spaghetti and then sat down at the end corner of the cafeteria where I won't be seen by Micheal.

Sammie looked at me while I take in my spaghetti.

"You know what... Paul actually only discussed about you throughout the time we had... Happy now? "I looked at her and gave a grin.

"Where is Miss Jane? ." A voice screamed aloud through  the cafeteria. At first, I thought it was  Micheal so I buried my head under the table and peeped through the blue transparent table cloth. It is Jordan, the class president. I stood up and raised my hand. He walked towards me with his usual weird smile.
"hem... Your dad want to see you. He is in the principal's office. I looked back at Sammie who is also shocked to hear  that

"just calm down girl, you did no wrong "Sammie whispered. I walked out of the Cafeteria with Jordan with my shaking legs. Did i get framed up again by Michael?

*DAD POV**

(ON A PHONE CALL OUTSIDE THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE)

DAD(d)  Robbie(r)

D: Have u gotten hold of her as planned?

r: sure, she was just at home when I get to your house with your housemaid dude

d: good work bro, hope you didn't leave a trace and hope... You were not seen ?

r:  No no no, it's a clean job Nigga. I put her in a cage before taking her to the warehouse.

d: good, am in Jane's school now, talk later(hang up) .

I know it is a must to get Vera out of the way before Vera reveals to janet her real biological parents.It's a hard decision but... I just had to take. I walked into the principal's office, an AC condition ed room that freezes like Artic ocean.

*JANE POV**

I walked into the principal's office.Dad was sitting right in front of the principal.Dad looked at me with a bright dull smile. Something must be wrong

"Thank you for coming Jane. Sorry to disturb you but... Your father want to inform you about  something urgent" The principal explained in a low tone. What could that be?
The principal signaled dad to speak up. Dad looked at me with tears on his face.

"Dad,what is going on? " My heart beat faster ready to burst out of my chest.

"hem... Hem... Your mum's plane... "He paused and wiped the tears off his face.

"what about it? "

"it didn't make it to Vienna, it.. It crashed and... And there was no survivors " dad stood up and bursted into tears while moving towards me. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Am I dreaming?

"WHAT!!! " I screamed  aloud. Shocked and terrified about what  my ears just heard.

"Take it easy jane"the principal said. I stared at him before my eyes got  dizzy and finally,i loose consciousness.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!

I hope you enjoyed it. If you do,please give me some likes. Your feedback and comment will be very much appreciated also.

Thanks  xoxo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
CHAPTER 2

A sudden fever strucked me after gaining consciousness yesterday. Sharon, the house maid had to treat me before I drifted off to sleep. Indeed, mum's death wasn't a pleasant news to my ears.Death couldn't even wait for her return from Vienna.

The sound of the cock and chirping of the birds woke me up. It's morning already. Mum's funeral service seems to begin with nature.

"Jane!!! ".Dad's voice  echoed into my room. "you should be awake by now to get ready for the weekend's chores so we could get to Vienna early for mum's funeral ". The number one reason why I hate weekends.

"Ask Sharon to do that dad " I cuddled my teddy bear for some minute before getting up.

I walk down to the dining room dressed in a black gown after a warm relaxing shower. Dad was busy ripping out all flesh the turkey he hold could probably have.

"morning dad" dashing away from the dinning to the living room to watch TV while ignoring my spicy spaghetti with sauce and turkey breast on the dining table.

"Honey!!...  Why don't you wanna join me and have your spaghetti? "

I stared at him and saw how cheerful he is instead of him mourning mom's death. I mean... He just loose his wife.

"Nothing serious dad... Just don't have appetite for that now" I replied with a weak smile. His eyes caught that. He walked up to me in the sitting room and sat beside me on a red leather cushion.

"Honey, tell me... Is this about  your mum? "

"I... I understand how hurt you are. You know... I cherished Vera alot... I'd miss her but... That shouldn't stop us from moving on with our lifes. You have me and... Uncle Oliver you know "
I looked up and smiled at him with a warm hug. Sharon interrupted us with a plate of food on her hand.

"sir, please what should I do with  miss Jane's food"

"You can cover... "I cut dad short.

"No and no. You go ahead and eat it" I replied.
Dad peeped at his wristwatch and staggered up.

"That's settled then... Jane, let's get going"Dad said and then faced Sharon.

"we will be back before dawn.. So,take care"

A text suddenly came into dad's phone. He reached for his suit's pocket to read it.

Hey George, it's been a long time bro. How are you doing?. Sorry about Vera's death although, I will be attending the funeral and also seek that opportunity to see Christiana, My daughter. I guess it is high time she came to live with me. See you soon.

Dad freezed upon reading the text. His Hands were shaky and suddenly feels uncomfortable. I wonder what the text says.

"Dad, what does it say?... I mean the text"He looked at me and smile.

"Oh.. No.nothing dear,just that... Oliver is coming to visit  you" dad stammered

"well, that's great!!.. Isn't it? "

"No, I mean... yes it is "dad stuttered as we stepped into his car alongside his two armed bodyguards.

~******************~

The drive was way boring for me to bear not to even talk of dad's two hefty bodyguards sitting beside me. Vienna is a neighbouring town which takes about thirty minute to get to. It's a town my mum always boast about. She told me of the lovely smell her grandma's farmland has and when she was my age, she used to clean her grandfather's two horses which she sometimes ride in and pretend to be a cowboy.

We parked the car outside  St Louis cemetery and walked down to the venue.

"wow, George... How you doing? "Oliver said as we sat down beside him. We shook hands. It's so nice to see him again after seven years he left for Mexico

*DAD POV**

I guess he is now ready to take back his daughter since he is now a man but that will never happen.

"I.. Am fine, I see the Mexican life has made you a man now"

"oh yes!!,I get a good job now.we sure do have alot to talk about after the funeral . Is this... Christiana? " Oliver pointed at Jane with a confused face as if he was seeing her for the first time. I gave him a bad angry look.

Jane stared at Oliver with surprise about him calling her "Christiana".

"oh..am Jane Uncle Oliver not Chistiana" Jane corrected.

"oh!!, I see... "Oliver said with disappointment.

Dad was interrupted by a call.

"just a minute please, I got to pick this".Obviously work related calls.

(R)  Robbie  (D)  Dad

R: shall we proceed with the plan?

D:No,proceed at exactly five m nute alright?

R:Okay. (in the background) Get ready guys!!!( Hang up)

The call seems weird to me. I mean... What does dad meant by "proceed". I glanced at him. His hands are getting sweaty. Nothing pleasant about the call I guess.

"Dad, what do you mean by "proceed",is everything alright?... You seems to be nervous "

"ehm... Err,it was just... Work related... Contractors... You know " he stammered. I looked at him having been lost in trying to sort out what he is insinuating.

We were brought back to the programme when the priest called on us.

"And... Let's have a farewell message from the Wright family, please come for..." The priest got cut short stumbling to the ground, he was shot as a car drove in with some armed guys shooting sporadically  at every angle.

We all fled to take cover. Uncle Oliver couldn't make it.Unfortunately, he got shot while running. I have never seen a dead body before not until now. I got out of my hiding to check if he is still breathing.

"Christina!!,get back!! "Dad shouted. It was already too late for me as a bullet pierced through my arm knocking me down to the ground.

"Noooo!! " That was what I heard before my eyes became heavy and later on closed.

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
CHAPTER 3

A sudden throb of pain runs through my gun-pieced arm and a continuous beeping sound from a machine is all I could hear. I couldn't see anything.

"wha...where am I?..where is... " I winced in pain while trying to get up from a bed but was restricted by a manly hand pushing me down to the bed. I couldn't see him clearly through my blurry eyes. I really hope it isn't what am thinking.

"honey... Relax now... You were shot okay? " The man said as I tried harder to see him clearly enough. This means am in an hospital. I wasn't even bothered about how hurt I am because the last place I want to find myself in is the hospital,the horrible smell of drugs,blood and maybe the vomit of a patient. All this is the dreadful situation I would  try escaping from. I tried looking at him again.

"it's me honey.you know... Its a miracle you survived after undergoing a surgical operation "

I guess the anaesthesia has wear off. I could see my dad sitting right beside me. I put  up a smile but didn't take long before changing to sadness.

"Dad?... What... What of uncle Olivia?... Have made it right?... Right? "Dad Freezed. He wasn't expecting that. He bowed his head downward with disappointment.

"hem.. Chris..err... Am really sorry, he's lost alot of blood before getting here." Dad said. I couldn't believe that. I mean... I have literally lost two important people in my life.

"You are joking right?... You are really joking right?... Please tell me you are!! " I wailed out. Tears rolled down my cheeks and my eyes getting red. I really wish he was.Dad touched me softly wiping off my tears with his handkerchief.

"No my dear... You just recover so we... " Dad was interrupted by his phone ringing in his jacket pocket. He sighed his hands into his pocket to bring out his phone.

"Look... Honey, I got to pick this call... You just take your rest okay? " Dad stepped out of the emergency room.

DAD POV***~

I was really grateful that the  dumbass is the one calling me now because he really do have alot of explaining to do.

D) Dad (R) Robbie

D:you... You shot my daughter you dumbass!!

R: That wasn't my bad bro... It was one of my guys.. Am sorry bro.

D: Thank God she survived else... You are gone already. Did you make sure you dispose the garbage and leave no trace?

R: They've me devoured by the dogs bro.. Bro, we might have been compromised.

D:what!!!, a mistake again?

A police appeared in the corridor.

D: Oh my, Got to go.

I have never been more afraid as fear runs down my spine sending a hot sweat gusting out on my forehead. My leg getting shaky.
I guess this is it for me

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
CHAPTER 4

DAD POV***

As they approach me,i jumped in to stopped them in their track.

"Yo... Officers,what a surprise..., wh... What are you here for? " I  stared them in the eyes. My hands already getting sweaty . They weren't even moved with what I said.

"Nothing, just wanna talk to the patient inside... Or are you the victim's dad?" The black officer asked.

"y-yess,absolutely... Sure, any problem? "

"Not really, we just want to get some statement about the shootout that happened in the cemetery today from her which aids our investigation that's all" I stared into his blank face with anxiety written all over me. I don't have any control over the Vienna police department so... Am doomed if I got arrested.

"we would also love to question you too... That shouldn't be a problem right? "He asked giving me a smirk.

"errr...yess!, definitely... But my daughter is asleep now so... Why don't I go first? " I asked gulping down my saliva that has been clogging my throat. They shared a look at each other and take a sit in front of me. Screw Robbie for putting me into this trouble.

"After ten minutes "

I managed to cook up some lies enough to dissuade them from being seen as a suspect. We all went in afterwards to stay with Jane who is still fast asleep

JANE POV***

"Hannabel!,Hannabel!!" My name echoed through my ear by a strange voice. Everywhere seems weird like am in some kind of fairy world. What shocked me the most is that only my mum do call me by my middle name.

"Mum?, is that you?!" I screamed out,exploring the strange place. All that replies back to me was my reverbing echo.

The strange voice confessed."yes, my sweet little girl " I gasped. My heart beating fast  as if wanting to burst out of my chest. Confusion sets in. Is myth about reincarnation true?

"No, no, no... This... This isn't possible. You are dead already!! "

"No my dear, am very much alive but... In captivity " She said.

I shaked my head rigorously. Where could she be?, is she not dead? Who could be holding her in captivity?

"Captured?!!!,by who mom?... Tell me!!! ". Everything went silence. My echo was the only response I got.

"mom?, mom!, mom!!! "

"Honey, honey... It's okay" Dad said patting my blonde hair with his fingers. I take a quick glance at my surrounding. Am back to reality. That was all a dream. Definitely the strangest dream I have ever had!!

"You were screaming 'mom's honey... Try to understand she's gone already and move on" dad said with a soothing voice and a smile on his face. Maybe she is and maybe not.

I gave him a smile shaking the thought about dad keeping something from me.

"Now.. Tell me about the dream you had about mom" dad said staring at me. I could see that his ears are itching to know what happened. I am now indecisive about I should tell him or... Just keep it to myself.

"I... I can't really remember it again... Sorry"

"Not a problem honey"he said pointing to a policeman behind him who am just noticing his presence."This... Deputy here want to ask you some questions about the incident... I... I'd be right outside okay?" I nodded with a smile. He ease down his shoulder, slapped his knees and went outside.

The officer walked up to me with a 'non smiling ' face which i don't find comfortable with.

"so... Ma'am, am agent Mack from V. P.D. I need your full cooperation towards any questions I ask... Sorry about your shoulder " I nodded affirmatively.  I don't know what might come out of this interrogation but one thing for sure is that.. Am way ahead of of it.

"let's begin with your name ma'am " He suggested.

"Christina Wright"

"where were you during the incident?"

"I was sitted alongside my dad and Uncle Olivia"

"Did you notice anything unusual about your dad during the program? "

"err... Nope, just that he received a weird call from one of his college at work " I searched through his eyes. How I wish I could know what his thoughts her. He brought out a pen and jotted down something in his notepad.

"A call?... I see, Have you vividly see your mom's corpse yourself ?" my hands started getting sweaty.

"no, no i didn't... Why should I? " I asked getting tensed up.

"During our investigation in the crime scene,we retrieved your mom's casket which was discovered to be empty" My eyes widened and my body got stiffed. 

"E-empty?... As in empty?... That can't be... That's ridiculous" I stared at the officer knowing he is telling the truth but I refuse to accept it.

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
CHAPTER 5

DAD POV**

I was just getting so curious about what the hell the deputy is asking my daughter while I am sitting on the couch outside the emergency room. I have once go to juvenile home when I was caught stealing auto parts so I know how horrible being in jail feels like.This is all Robbie's fault.

DAD(D)  ROBBIE (R)

D: you this scumbag, why can't you take care of the police?... Mistake again  right?!!

R: Try and understand me nigga, I tried and...

D: And what?!!

R: I even bribe the sheriff to keep mute... Maybe the deputy is just one hard nut to crack

D: Oh that's true bro. Then am gonna have to shut him up myself.  It won't take long for him to discover our cocaine dealings and... Vera which I won't   want.

R: That's my man nigga. You... ( I heard Christina calling me)

D: ohhh, got to go Robbie. (hanged up)
I  dashed into the emergency room with my heart beating fast. I hope am not in trouble.

CHRISTIANA  POV

I just cant imagine how shocking it will be for dad to hear about the absurd story about is wife's casket being empty. He just have to know. I also found it to be relating to what my mum said to me in my dream. Of course  it is just a dream but I think there might be some truth in it.

"what.. What is it dear?... Any problem? " Dad asked looking a bit tensed than I thought he would be. Of course it isn't a pleasant thing to hear. Agent and it shared a look.

"while looking at me, you tell him" I gestured.

"Tell me what?" Dad asked

The officer looked straight into dad's worried eyes not knowing  how to divulge the information.

"Sir... Err,  back at the crime scene during our investigation, we found at that the casket of late wife was empty" He stammered out taking a deep gulp. My mum also normally use to tell me about some mysterious event that happens in Vienna like... Seeing a ghost or reincarnation which I find to be lame and unreal.

"wh...what!!... You mean my wife's body I missing?!! " Dad said aloud.

"yeah...i guess she might be taken by someone or she...  Reincarnated" Agent Mack replied with tensed voice.

"Does that mean... She's alive? " I asked while trying to get up. I winced in pain holding my shoulder. My dream might be true or at least contain some truth in it.

"No,no!..that's not possible! " dad shouted.  One part of me felt bad for him and the other part suspects him to be hiding something.

"Not to worry sir.. I will investigate more on the case and make some findings" The deputy declared with a smile.

"Agent Mack right? " dad asked. The officer replied with a nod.
"Make sure you  spend a nice time with your family today" dad said with a smirk. Agent Mack and I shared  a stare at dad in confusion.

"err.. Th-thank you? "

Dad hit the officer in his shoulder  jokingly. He gave a smirk before he was interrupted by the doctor walking  in her lovely lab coat and a stethoscope around her neck. I mean... I have always fantasize about being a doctor though.

"sorry to interrupt but I need to check on Jane now" the doctor said walking towards me.

"O.. Okay then,go ahead" Dad permitted. He stared at agent for some seconds before walking up to me. He seems so disturbed. The doctor have a look at my wounded shoulder. She loosen up the bandage and changed the stained cotton wool. I winced a little bit as she tied up the bandage back.

The doctor smiled facing dad and the officer.

"I think your daughter is ready to be discharged. She only needs to get some rest... Maybe skip school for three days and she will be fine " the doctor explained  with  a smile.

"Thank you so much doc "dad said shooking the doctor's hand. They both shared a smile then she left.  Agent Mack walked up to me with a smile.

" Take care honey, we will be in touch as I investigate more on this case" He said. He walk up to dad with a smirk.

"we will be in touch too sir" They both hold a stare for some seconds before he walked out of the room. Skipping school as never been  my way although sometimes I wish  I could just to avoid being bullied but I am gonna miss my best friend Sammie.
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2018
[url]CHAPTER 6[/url]

DAD POV***

I just cant allow that cunning little agent digging up on me. It can compromise my work!!.

Jane and I got back to slovania in the evening. Her left hand was wrapped up in P. O. P.  I was assured she will get better within  two to three days of staying at home. What really is bugging me right now is how to get rid of that Agent Mack from my back. I rose up from my bed and walk towards the reading table to get my phone.

The only person for the job is Robbie, the one who is the root cause of all this shit. Now it's time for him to redeem himself.  I scrolled through the contacts and dialed his number. I hope he won't screw up again.

Dad(d) Robbie(r)

R: Nigga, did u ever check the clock before calling?

D: hey... I know it's dark  already okay but what I call you for is urgent.

R: can't it wait till tomorrow?

D: No, it can't... Not when we are about to get compromised

R:What!!, by who?

D: by a deputy who interrogated my daughter and I... Look, it seems to be that the man is going to dig about the missing body in the coffin which will be traced back to us.

R: Hey nigga, nothing's gonna happen.unless Vera escaped. Until then, that can happen.

D: look bro, I can't take any chances.  Am thinking we should get him out of the way... You know.

R: Okay... But...

D: No but Robbie, don't back out of me now.

R: Okay then, but you know  there's consequences. I mean... He is an officer

D: I know but I just cant stand getting called for interrogation again. Please John Robbie

R: Okay bro, consider it  done tonight.

D: Thank you (Hanging up)

I really don't like getting my hands dirty. It's just a must for me to do anything possible to avoid going to jail again where I was treated like a dog before getting bailed by Oliver.

I stared at my phone for a seconds before dropping it back on the table. Taking a sudden wild yawn,that calls for getting a sleep and hopefully pray that Robbie doesn't screw up again.

(The next day)

JANE POV***

I can't believe am off school for three days!. I mean... Why would I want to show up in school looking pathetic in a P. O. P and also getting bullied but am gonna miss my best friend Sammie and also not seeing Paul in a day to me is like a major sin.  I grabbed my phone from my bed and open up my Whatsapp application to message Sammie. I hope she sees it after school.

Hey girlfriend. How was your day at school?. I hope you didn't do anything stupid with my crush?.  Anyway, I will be off school for three days because I shot in the weekend during my mum's burial which am still angry you didn't attend. No panic, am already getting better but it will be nice if you could show at my house after school. You don't know how bored I am at home just watching Netflix throughout. See you soon. Kisses.

I stared at my phone and then sighed before hitting the send key.

"Breaking news reaching you life from NMCNN.. " I got attracted by something from  the TV.  I picked up the remote beside me and gave the TV some volume

"This morning, a deputy of the V. P . D who is known as Agent Mack Riverside  was found cold dead in his apartment this morning by his wife and kids who saw him lieing in his own pool of blood.  The police labelled as an act of assassination but the question is why was a deputy targeted? . NMCNN will keep you in touch as the police unravelled the mystery behind it. THANKS FOR LISTENING TO.... "

I switched off the TV. I was shocked about this information. I mean... I discussed with Agent Mack yesterday and he seems okay and not disturbed I guess. I bow my head into my arm in tears with only one puzzling question in my mind. Who could have done this?.

I HOPE YOU REALLY FOUND THIS CHAPTER TO BE INTERESTING!!.

WHAT DO YOU THINK JANE WILL DO IF SHE DISCOVERS THE TRUTH BEHIND AGENT MACK'S  DEATH?

SIT TIGHT, RELAX, ENJOYS.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LOVE IT.  YOUR LIKES AND INFO WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS XOXO.

3 Likes

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2018
CHAPTER 7

DAD POV***

Robbie and I walked  down the underground pit in a junk garage  where we kept Vera captive. It is one place that has never been unravelled by the police but am afraid that won't be for long. Robbie called me early this morning telling me that Vera tried to escape so it's necessary to pay her a surprise visit today since the day of her captivity.

"I really don't like the idea of you leaving the corpse of that deputy. What if you get traced?" I asked Robbie who suddenly put up a frown on his face.

"Chill dude!, I did a clean job this time around. I left the dead agent's body in his house because I heard footsteps which made me dash out as fast as possible "

"okay... I hope so, did you think is high time we shut Vera up for life. I mean....she tried to escape today" I stopped at my track facing Robbie with a disturbed look. A chilled air blows through the dark tunnels. I shivered.

"look bro, count me out on this one. You know that I didn't willingly want to kidnap her but you forced me to..."

"I forced you? " I exclaimed. I never realized that.

"yes George, can't you just have faith in God instead of you holding on to another man's child? Jane will sooner or later find out anyway and she will never forgive you for that. I really don't like this one bit."

"Have faith?. Says the guy who killed his wife all because you caught her sleeping with another man" I snapped.

"That was different bro.  At least you have a wife who have never cheated on you before.  Why throw that blessing out?" Robbie explained pushing my left shoulder.  I shoved off his hand from shoulder.

"Please, can we just change the topic already before I loose it all? " I barked out at Robbie. We both shared a look for a few seconds before he gave me a nod before looking away.

"Thank you" I said before we continue our walk.

Robbie and I didn't speak a word throughout our walk. One of Robbie's men follow us to the room where Vera is being kept. I peeped through the glass on the door before the man open it.  Robbie walked in with me while the man stayed outside to guard the door.

"Should I be happy about you showing up after two weeks now of my kidnap? "Vera wailed. She was shackled up with  a chain on both legs and hands. I could not help it but feel a little bit of guilt. Its just a must for me.

"look Vera, I did what I had to do" I snapped out. Robbie left my side and sat at a corner of the room to watch us.

"Really?.. And how did Jane and Oliver take that? " I chuckled loudly upon hearing her call Oliver

"Is that supposed to be funny George? " she exclaimed in surprise.

"yeah... Maybe because Oliver is long gone already " I replied giving out a loud laughter.

"Wait, don't tell me you've killed him? "

"Yes Vera, remember I told that I would get rid of anyone who stands in my wayand that includes you dear" I said pointing to Vera who bowed her head in tears.

"How could you George?... All because am barren? You are such an animal!!.  You disgust me"she  said as she spat on me. "I wonder    how Vera is gonna take this when she finds out"

"Don't you worry dear because she won't. I'd make sure of that. Mind you, I won't even give you a chance of escaping this place ever again" I gave her a smile and then gestured at Robbie that we should get going. As we walked out of there, Vera shouted at us. "I WILL BE FREE ONE DAY AND YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!!! "I really felt like shedding tears.i never meant all what I said because deep inside me is a well of guilt.

JANE POV***

I was already fast asleep on the long cushion of the living room when I felt a sudden tap on my leg. I gasped and opened my eyes. It was Sammie.

"Hey girlfriend, how you feeling now?" Sammie asked sympathetically. I rose up to allow her sit beside me.

"Talking of the girl with a P. O. P in her hand and a face that misses Paul alot, not good" I said. I winced a little and quickly cover it up with a smile.

"Oh! poor Jane. Don't worry, am here for you now" she assured as she grab hold of my cold hands. Having Sammie as a friend is the best thing that has ever happened to me unlike Maggie,my ex friend who I later discovered that she was into hacking of government server which later got her arrested.

I smiled at Sammie "Thanks. So, what did I miss today? "

"Nothing out of the ordinary... Just that Mrs west got fired finally for intentionally failing us in our Physics class" Sammie. My face lights up with joy.

"She finally get what she deserves. I..." I paused in my sentence. My face got clouded with worry.

"Wait Jane... Why the mood switch? " Sammie placed her hands around my shoulder.

"Am just thinking...  Do you know a man who interrogated me when I was in the hospital was was found dead this morning? " I said. My eyes started getting swollen with tears ready to burst right out.

"Oh my!!, What could have gone wrong? " Sammie asked.

"I really don't know girlfriend. Am just so confused right now because he is the only one close to the case of the disappearance  of my mum's  corpse" I explained. A drop of tears roll down my face. I have a partial belief that my mum could still be alive judging from what the deputy told me and also my dream.

"wait... Your mum's corpse is missing? " Sammie asked with her mouth wide open.

"Yeah"

"so... What is your dad doing about it?" Sammie asked.

"Nothing,sometimes I just don't understand him and his weird ways"Sammie gave me a deep Stare upon hearing that.

"weird ways? " Sammie exclaimed

"yeah, before the deputy left, my dad was telling him to spend much time with his family "  Sammie looked at me with shock. She stood up and faced me.

"Really?! "

"yes girlfriend... What do you see to that? " I asked. I wiped off my tears with the blanket I used to cover myself.

"you tell me but... Did you really think your dad could be involve on all this? " Sammie asked as we shared a deep stare at each other. I really cannot say but could he?.

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Amirullaha(m): 6:54am On Jan 19, 2018
Nice compilation...

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Sweetcollins: 6:59am On Jan 19, 2018
Following...

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by OLamylove: 7:00am On Jan 19, 2018
Cool

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by rejoke(f): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2018
nice write up.. but i think there is no much suspense before the antagonist and where about of the wife was revealed. i would prefer it if the father is a little bit emotional about the death of his wife and the identity of the one calling the shot hidden for as long as possible. kudos to you.
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2018
rejoke:
nice write up.. but i think there is no much suspense before the antagonist and where about of the wife was revealed. i would prefer it if the father is a little bit emotional about the death of his wife and the identity of the one calling the shot hidden for as long as possible. kudos to you.
Thanks alot rejoice for your opinion, I really appreciate it alot. I guess I still have alot to learn... I will surely make improvements In my.next stories
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by dohyinsohlah(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
Welcome to nairaland freaky...

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2018
dohyinsohlah:
Welcome to nairaland freaky...
thanks alot doyin ...its really nice here
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 3:48am On Jan 20, 2018
CHAPTER 8

JANE POV.

I really just don't understand my dad anymore. I questioned him last night about the death of the agent and the possibility of being involved in it but I couldn't get a straight forward answer from him.

My time of staying at home with a strapped P. O. P around my hand is over as my dad dropped me in front of the school and zoomed off. all that filled up my mind is the death of Agent Mack and my mum's missing body. I was less concerned about the tons of lesson note I have missed and of course the high chance of getting bullied.

"Hey girlfriend, looking great today" Sammie shouted as she approached me with her biology textbook in her hand with a pinky girly bag strapped on her back.

"oh not that great, I couldn't get over what you told me yesterday about my dad" I said as she stopped at my front. I move an inch toward her with my hands crossed.

"Really?... Did you try making some findings on your own? " Sammie asked. I looked at her and let out a sigh.

"Yes, I did ask my dad about it but he denied being involved saying he was merely joking about the statement he made to the deputy" I explained as we walk down the hallway to go for our Biology class.

"And did you believe him because to me, he is definitely not telling you something " Sammie concluded.

"I don't really know what to do..."

" I guess you have to find out what he is hiding then" Sammie suggested. I stopped and look at her in the face. I just pray he isn't  hiding anything.  We took the left turn at the end of the hallway where all of a sudden, Paul's figure popped out from nowhere.

"you've finally crawl out of your hole douche bag! "Paul insulted. He clenched his fist tight thinking that will intimidate me but I proved him wrong . I didn't even move a muscle.

"Paul, don't you ever get tired of this?" Sammie snapped.

"if what you mean by getting tired is seeing that thing getting beat up by me, of course not" Paul said pointing to Jane.

"Let's go Jane, don't mind him" Sammie said but Paul blocked us from going. I really do not  like it when he does that.

"nah,nah..you ain't stopping me this time around Cinderella "Paul snapped. A smirk crack through his lips as he moved towards us but the bell goes off for our biology class.  Paul might be a tough looking guy but he can't afford getting expelled from the school by missing a class.

"Hmm, I guess I will see you around later. Don't crawl back to your hole before then please" Paul said as he chuckled softly. He  looked at us for a second before leaving.  Sammie rolled her eyes while I let out a sigh.

"That was close, thanks again " I said to Sammie before we shared a smile and walk to the biology class.

DAD POV***

I really don't like what Vera said about me loosing Jane if she discovered the truth. I just hope she understands why I did what I did. I believe now she's beginning to get suspicious of me because yesterday, she asked about If i was involved in the murder of agent Mack. I tried feeding her some lies which I don't think she agree with.

Early this morning, Robbie gave me a call about a cocaine deal Mr Cole, our boss wants us to do with  Mr Rahul, the drug lord who owns and control the city. I really don't wanna  do it because of the high risk involve,  I mean... He is a drug lord  and the most wanted criminal in slovania.

I took my phone  and dialled Robbie's number.

Robbie (R)  Dad (d)

D: I've got the package man, where are you?

R: am at 103,Avery street at the cafe side... Come pick me and my gangs up.

D: but the boss warned us... No bloodshed man!

R: facing a drug lord?... I sure we be prepared before I get sent to hell

D: bad boy!, anyway, be right there in the next twenty minute

I took a u turn from Robbie's house towards Avery street.  Robbie is a kind of guy who goes nut with his gun.last time we robbed a bank,he gunned down all of the bank staff all because they weren't cooperating and that's why I lied to him about the boss ordering us not to go armed to prevent another bloodshed. I guess I still have a soft spot in my heart.

I halt the SUV car in front  the cafe I saw Robbie and his guys. Robbie was dressed in a black T-shirt with a red shorts and a head band on his head. Others were dressed in black with glasses  and a uzi gun.

"come on,hop up... We don't want to keep Rahul waiting" I commanded.  Robbie sat on the front while the other three guys sat at the back.

"zoom away and let's go make some cool cash" Robbie shouted.  I looked at him and smiled before stepping on the acceleration pedal. 

We drive through an abandoned hanger used in flying rescue chopper located beside the beach side. Rahul and some other guys were standing in a corner. I could guess they've been waiting for us since.

"Robbie, stay with your guys while I go make contact. " I said as I hopped out with a briefcase containing cocaine.

"What!!,I can't let you do this yourself. What if they get hostile?? " Robbie yelled popping his head right out of the car.  I bent down and smile.d.

"That's what you and your guys are here for" I said.  I walked towards Rahul and his guys with a briefcase dangling around my hand.i pray this goes well.

"you are Rahul right? "I asked. He looked at me and gave me a nod.

"Am George from Mr Cole... He asked me to present this briefcase full of cocaine which worth about two million dollars.. You interested? " o asked as o stretched out my hand with the briefcase. Rahul guys suddenly points their guns at me. He gave a sign for them to lay low.

"am interested but first... I need to know what am buying his good not fake" He said with a smile as he collected the briefcase from me.

"O-okay then"

He opened it and dipped a knife into one of the  cocaine wraps and then gave it a taste. I started feeling afraid when he frowned his face .

He threw the wrap right on my face. "This isn't cocaine, this is sugar scumbag!! "
My eyes light up I'm terror. I guess the boss wanted to get rid of us.

"I... I am sorry, I don't... "

"don't tell me you don't know... Now you're gonna pay!! "

I turned around and run towards our car as Rahul guys started shooting.

"George, run faster!! " Robbie shouted

"I am trying !" I shouted back

I got hit in the leg by one of the stray bullets which knocks me down.

"No!!!,George!!.  Guys open fire" Robbie commanded his guys who came out of the car with their guns. I manage to crawl into the car before I blacked out completely.

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 4:36am On Jan 24, 2018
Chapter 9

JANE***

After we finished our Biology class, I was surprised to see Paul running towards me In the locker room. Is it just me or is today my lucky day?

"Hey Jane, can I have a minute with you... That's of you don't mind" Paul said. Staying right beside my crush.,what could be more better than that?

"No paul"

"Okay, I asked  Sammie about your whereabout for about three and she told me you got shut... That must be awful"Paul said putting on a sympathetic look. Wow, did he really care that much about me?

I closed my locker and faced him. I gave a smile. "Yeah, it was bit am okay now "

Paul smiled and gave out a deep sigh "That's a relieve because I really missed seeing you especially that your smile"

I figgle with my blonde hair. I tried as much as possible to hide the fact that I was blushing by looking away but it was of no good.

"Really?... Or is it me getting bullied you really missed? " I asked in a low tone.

"What!.. Hell no. In fact, I can't stand them doing that to your glowing skin " Paul teased as he grab hold of my hand.

"Stop the flattery Paul" I said as I let  out a burst of laughter.

"okay Queen. I was thinking... My birthday is coming up on Thursday and I would love it if you could come as my girlfriend... What do you say? " Paul muttered out and gave a smile.

"Wait what!, what of Chloe, the head of the cheerleader. Won't she be mad? " I asked as I tried not to look so cheap and easy to get. I know I can't a chance with Chloe because she is more pretty and popular than I am. Although, we've once fought each other when she turned my friend against me.

"Chloe is off my radar,she dumped me... Let's forget about  her please, are you in? " Paul asked as he stretch forth his hand. I looked at him for a moment with a smile. I nodded and shook his hand.

"Yes!,I really like you paul" I said as my heart started beating fast. My legs felt like jumping in joy. Finally.

Paul smiled and kissed my hand" me too, just waiting for the right time". My body froze up and fireworks went up inside my head as I felt Paul's gentle lip touching my hand.

"104,Avery street right?... I will come pick up then. Take care of yourself queen"paul greeted with a wink.

Through my frozen body,i managed to say"And you too. See you tomorrow "

He gave a smile and then walk out of the locker room.  I just stood there still frozen. I don't know whether I should be happy or not since have never had it in a long time. I felt a tap around my shoulder which brought me back to reality.

"Congratulations girlfriend, I didn't want to break the moment so I stayed far away to watch you guys" I turned around. It was Sammie

"you heard it all?" i asked

"dorh, I was literally standing behind you all the time but you didn't notice.  Of course, Paul saw me" she explained. I looked at her with disbelief.

"At least this would take the burden of your mum's missing body and that dead agent out of your shoulder "Sammie smiled as she gently pat my back.

"Now that you remind me, i really don't know but I will try and take to your advice " I concluded as Sammie and I walked out of the locker room.

"Are you also attending the party? "

"sure!, you ain't  the only girl that got an invite apart from the 'girlfriend ' part" Sammie said as she hits me teasingly on my shoulder.  We both laughed before all of a sudden, we were interrupted by a message on my phone. I brought out my phone from my bag. Its a text from Sharon, our house maid.

"immediately you finished from school Jane, you should  hush up to Life first hospital  around our neighborhood . I am there with your dad. He got shot  by some mob. "

"Sammie, this...this is bad... My dad got shot by some mob!!" I exclaims.  Sammie and I both shared a look. Our face both lights up in shock.

DAD POV***

I really don't know whether I should tell the truth to Jane because am tired of all this lies. Getting betrayed by my boss is one lesson that I have grabbed on to.  I really missed having Vera by my side but what can I do now?... I've let fear pushed me to kidnapping her. I let down a sigh and suddenly winced. My leg still hurts.
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
CHAPTER 10

JANE POV
I was so disturbed throughout the entire class of today. All I could think of is my dad and how to get to him as fast as I could. Sammie was just taking a quick glance at me just to make sure how am holding up.

Finally,the alarm goes for closing time. I quickly put my physics textbook inside my backpack and rush out of the class.  Sammie accompanied me afterwards.

"Hey babe, you got to get it together " Sammie said as she popped out right beside me.  I looked at her and forced a smile.

"am trying girl, I really don't know why my life is so tangled like a rope. One minute, am happy and the next minute, am sad" I muttered with a frown. Sammie held my hand.

"Don't worry, it's gonna be okay. In fact, I will accompany you to the hospital " She declared.

"That would be so.... " I paused as my eyes caught Paul from afar as he walked towards us in the hallway. I quickly wiped off my face with an handkerchief to  avoid being questioned by him.

"Hey Sammie " He said as he stopped right in front of me. He faced me with smirk on his face "Hey babe" I bow my head down in shyness. Sammie feign a cough and looked at us .

"Hem, I'll be right outside waiting Jane,let me excuse you guys" she said and then left with a smile.

"What's bothering you Jane... You looked disturbed throughout the Physics class. Would you like to talk to me?... Or asking you to be my girlfriend came as a shock? "Paul asked placing his hands on my shoulder. I don't know whether I could trust him but I don't want him to see me as being secretive.

"No, no... Just that my dad got into a minor accident this morning that's all
" I lied and I felt bad about it.

"what!! Really?... Is he admitted? "He asked. I raised my head to look at him followed by a nod.

"Jane, am really really sorry about your dad. Do you know the hospital he was admitted in so we could go meet him?" Paul asked. I nodded . It's really nice to know I have a caring boyfriend.

"Sammie and I were about to go th....."

"don't worry, I will take the two of there in my car"paul declared cutting in.  Car?... I don't  know he also own a car.

We got outside to the parking lot where we walked to Ferrari car. I have never imagined being inside one before so.. This cheered me up a little. Sammie was already in her car
Waiting. I called her out to come.

"Paul's gonna take us down to the hospital girlfriend. You coming? " I asked. She looked at us for a second and looked at the car and then back at us.

"No. No, am good.. I will just hold on to my old Mercedes car. Can't die young" Sammie said. Paul chuckled before we entered  the car while Sammie walked down to hers and then off we go.

We all dropped at life first hospital before we dashed inside.

I approach one of the nurse to take us to where my dad is.

DAD POV**

I couldn't believe our boss betrayed us by sending Robbie and I straight to the lion's den to get killed.  I barely manage to get out of there alive. Thank God Robbie drove me straight to the hospital in which I undergo surgery before I got relieved of the throbbing pain in my leg. What bothers me now is what am gonna tell Jane. I don't know whether I could still hold on to this lies or I should just spill out the beans. What will Jane will think of me then? A kidnapper? A killer?  Or a drug dealer?.

JANE POV***

Sammie, Paul and I stepped into the emergency ward where my father is. It's so sympathetic to see him
In that condition. We all moved towards him while all of a sudden, Paul shouted.

"You!... You again!!" Paul shouted pointing at dad who was woken up by his shout.

"Dad's my dad Paul!.get it together " I barked in confusion.

"No, rather than a kidnapper " Paul snapped.

Dad was just staring at him without a word while Sammie and I was shocked at the scenerio.

"what do you mean kidnapper!?" I cried out still confused.

"please don't....don't " dad whispered out. I looked at him and frowned.

"Go on paul" I said

" your dad is a friend or my dad... They both collaborate to kidnap a woman named err... Vera" he revealed.  My face lights up with shock and anger.

"That's... That's... That's not true  Vera" dad muttered behind Paul.

"wait... My mum?!!...  She's alive? " is it my dream coming to pass or am in a dream?
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Pearl05(f): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
OpenSecret

1 Like

Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
CHAPTER 11

JANE POV***

Sammie and I both stood there with our agape. All sort of thoughts and doubts pops through my head. Is Paul lying against dad? Why will dad fake the death of mum and kidnapped her?

"wait... Is is this really true dad.. TELL ME!! ?" I exclaimed as I look at Paul   for a second and move towards dad who gave me a 'sorry'look. My flared up in anger as tears gush out of my pale face.

"Paul,how... How did you know this? Are you sure? " Sammie asked. She also was shocked to hear the sad revelation.

"when my dad came in the evening one day, he was on a call with someone. He was a little bit weird and secretive while receiving the call but... I overheard him talking about how he kidnapped somebody that day"he paused and looked at me and then my dad.

" don't yet give me that look that I didn't report him to the police . I questioned him after he hung up but anytime I do that, he will just tell me to stay clear and walk out of me. I believe my dad may one day get arrested for his crimes. I decided to check through his phone and found a text about someone asking my dad to kidnap Vera. Guess who sent it... Your dad! " Paul explained and then took a gulp. He is tensed up already.

"Dad, is this really true? You kidnapped mom!! " I wailed out in tears.  Sammie grasped my shoulder and pushed me close to her chest.

DAD POV***

I never know that Robbie has a child of Jane's age. This is not looking good for me. Now, I know Jane will never forgive me for my actions. Guilt and anger filled my face. My wounded leg is less of my concern right now. Am about to loose Jane!!

JANE POV ***

"your mum?... Anyway, I did all that for you Jane!!... Did you think I wanted to kidnap my own wife huh? Loves makes you do crazy things "Dad snapped as he rose up from his bed and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Really,by kidnapping my mum?!!... You disgusting little pig!! " I shouted.
Dad went quiet in tears. I guess he feels guilty now but that's how he should feel. I also think I went too far by calling him a pig.

"what else are you not telling me? "I asked trying hard to be calm.  Dad looked at me with tears on his face. He stared at me with guilt and fear.

"Talk!! "

"Okay, you you were adopted okay!! " dad stuttered submissively.  Sharon wasn't shock about the revelation but Sammie,paul and I were damn shocked.

"What!!!, I.. Adopted? "

"yeah, we adopted you from Oliver..."

"Uncle Oliver was my dad?" dad bow his head into his arm and raise it again while nodding.

"It... It was his plan all along. When you were a baby, Oliver came to our home asking my wife to take care of you because of his financial status. He said he's gonna come back for you when you are fifteen. Vera wasn't okay with that and wanted to tell you and... That's.. That's why I kidnapped her to keep her mute... Jane I didn't want to loose the chance I have of becoming a father as Vera is barren! "Dad explained in tears. I fell on my kneels realising I have been living a fake life.

"Dad can't you just hope for God to do his miracles?... Do you also have something to do with him getting killed? Because I now see you as a criminal " I asked as I took a deep breath.

"yes... Jane,he was there to take... "

"you don't get to choose who I want to be with dad!!, you killed my father and kidnapped someone who at least want the best for me. I swear you are gonna pay for this" I voiced out while taking a deep gulp.

"Jane, try and understand him... He's still your father" Sharon begged.

"That was before but now... He's not" I said. I stared at Sammie and Paul with a forced smile.

"Cmon guys, am done here "

We all walked out of the hospital with anger and shock while Sharon stays with dad. That explains my dream and  that explains the love bond I have when am around uncle Oliver... O mean,my real dad

I am gonna make sure he answers for his crimes and also tell me where he's keeping my mum. even though she isn't my real mum, at least  she's not like dad...i mean George.

DAD POV***

Everything is now revealed and there is nothing hidden anymore. Although, I felt relaxed that I finally got to pour out what as being itching me inside. I really was expecting this attitude from her because I guess.... I guess I actually went too far. I just hope she can find it somewhere in her deepest part of her heart to forgive me. "prison is not gonna be my case again, I need to act fast".

I took my phone and dialed Robbie's  number...............

I hope you really enjoyed reading this chapter!!!... Stay tuned for the next thrilling chapter of this great piece!!!... 2 more chapters to go
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by itsandi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
Interesting update... Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
CHAPTER 12

JANE POV***

"But...  Jane, don't you think you were a little bit hard on your dad?....  I understood your anger but...."

"But what?!! " I snapped at Sammie with tears rolling down my cheeks " I have been living a fake life all this while Sammie... Someone who deserves to become my mum even though we are not related is out there  somewhere.. I mean... " Sammie cut me short and push down my head gently to her kneels.

"it's gonna be okay dear.  You are free to spend the night here if you feel you need my company" Sammie offered. I looked at her with a forced smile. She is truly a good friend. I am really trying hard to convince myself that this was all just a dream.  Assuming I know that Uncle Oliver was my dad, I would have try to know him much better and also to ask him why he left me if he claims to love me?

DAD POV***

ROBBIE(R)  DAD (D)
(in a phone conversation)

DAD: Tell me, why do love to screw things up?!
R: huh, wait what!, me?  Is everything good over there?

D: don't try to dodge my question.... Everything is going berserk over here.  You do have a son don't you?

R: yeah

D: and you never talked to me about it  hug, he just exposed my secret to Jane.

R: what!!... But how is that possible?...but I didn't.... Oh, that's why he borrowed my phone.. That sneaky bitch!!!!... Don't worry, I will come see you now.  We need to go out of town.

D: Alright then, just hurry please and... I think it's time to set Vera free since the secret is out and we don't need any complications withthe police chasing our balls.

R: true... But... But...

D: no but!!!!, just do it bro

R: okay, okay bro... Chill!....  Just don't do anything stupid before I come

"my suggestion to you sir...is to...is to give up" Sharon said. I stared at her with a deep frown. I guess she understood what my next move is.

"Just SHUT UP!!! " I yelled. Fear gripped her and slammed her open mouth. This is a do or die affair. Oh no, I can't stand loosing Jane and also going to jail!!.

PAUL POV ***

"Sorry dad... You ain't going anywhere because I need to take me to where Vera is before you accoiigor your sins" I muttered,took a deep gulp and stare into his frightened face.  I know he is my dad but I can't stand my friends sharing gossip on how  my father robbed a food store and other places. He suddenly lay down his guard.

"Paul!!....i knew you always hate me as your father!.... I will do as you wish but know that you will never forgive yourself for putting your only parent in prison" dad muttered with tears rolling down his cheeks. My eyes got a sudden urge to cry. This is so true but...

"well...  We will see about that" I replied with a fair smile.  He shrugged then stretch his hands to get his car key.

"let's go get her then. You've made your choice already" dad replied with a faint smile.

JANE POV***

I guess the company of Sammie is what I need right now.Though, I am a eager to see my... mum? Yeah, my mum again.

"wait,you said you are going to arrest your dad but I didn't see you do that. Why?  Change of mind perhaps? " Sammie asked suddenly with a smile.

"no.. Never!!!, I just handed that part for Paul to handle when he called" I replied without looking at her.

"Hmmm, do you trust Paul that much,dont forget his dad Is also... "

"he will never do that Sammie atleast not to me. He also promised to bring my mother back to me... But, I don't know how he's gonna achieve that" I replied.
Am a type of girl who study anyone I feel am crushing on just like Paul who is now by boyfriend,well, sort of.

ROBBIE POV ***

"You still have a chance to change your mind son" i muttered.  Paul stared at me with a mean face. Taking  care of him too will be the best thing to do

"Not a chance dad... Just... Take me to Jane's mom! " paul shouted. I looked at him and chuckled.

"very well then" .

We took a left turn in the tunnel which looks like an abandoned sewage passage. We halted in front of a specially designed kind of gigantic cage where we exeute our victim's. It was fully covered in a black clothing so as not see through it.

"we are here son...happy now?" I asked with a grin. All he gave me was a blank angry looking face.  I went ahead to uncover the black clothing.

PAUL POV***

I couldn't believe how heartless my dad has become,no wonder mum left him last Christmas.
My eyes got by how Vera was chained down like a dog "Oh my God!!, Vera!!! ". She only raised her head up to look at me and gave me a frown.  Dad went straight up to loosen her from the chains.

"it seems it's your lucky day Vera" dad said with a short burst of laughter. I stared at Vera and my dad. I felt a sympathetic feelings toward Vera .

"but am sorry, no one is gonna leave this place.... I can't go back to prison again. Dad shouted pointing out a revolver gun at Vera and i

"Really dad?.... The police is tracking my location right now and any moment from now, they'd be here" I snapped with a face of confidence.

" Robbie... Have a little conscience and pity on us and just surrender yourself " Jane's mom pleaded. Staring at his eyes gave me an assurance he wasn't convinced and not going to give up.

"NEVER!!! " dad shouted followed by the sound of the revolver with its bullet hoozing in the air and then piercing through Jane's mom's leg..

All I could do was to shout "NOOOO!!!"
What replied to my shout was a sudden cool breeze mixed with the bad smell of sewage passage.
Re: Taken By Freakywrites (sanusi Farouk) by Freakywrites(m): 8:36am On May 08, 2018
CHAPTER 14: GAME OVER

PAUL**

" Just... tie my jacket round the wound ma'am... All will be well ma'am " I muttered as I off my Black Jacket and hand it over to Jane's mother who was growling in pain. I cannot believe I have been living with a beast all this while.

"I can't believe you could something like this dad!.. Do you even feel regret of.... "

"Shut up Paul and raise that thing and let's get out of here! " Dad voiced out. I gently put Jane's mother's arm around my neck to aid her in walking. Imagine, he's calling her a thing.

DAD POV**

I was feeling so uncomfortable with Robbie not giving me a call on what's happening and why he's not here already to pick me up. Something must have happened along the way and I need to act fast. I looked at Sharon.

"Could you please put me on that wheel chair beside you and take me out for a walk? " I asked with a calm voice. She looked at me in shock at my sudden demand.

"Yes...but....but... The doctor.... "

"Oh, screw the doctors....just do it!!" I flamed up in anger with her question. Right now, I need to escape.

We were about stepping out of the hospital building when I heard the police siren behind us. My heart beat fast. What's going on? Could it be...?

PAUL***

We hit the road passing a shortcut without the police knowing. I was forced to drive a bus while Jane's mum was tied to one of the passenger's seat. She has been bleeding fast and if not given fast medical attention, we might loose her.

I don't know the plan of my dad but it seems to be trying to leave the city. Not long again that the police began chasing us from behind. Dad noticed that and told me to keep on driving. He directed me to pass through a farm yard on our right hand side. I looked through the mirror and was happy to see the police catching up on us. I noticed a muddy terrain which could slow us down so, I drove through that path. Dad seem not to be aware of my plan.
The car got strucked suddenly in a quicksand. My plan worked. The police have already caught up with us.

"Not now!!, you.. You did this Paul isn't it? " I looked at him and shook my head rigorously.

" You are advised to gently step out of the bus and surrender , you are totally surrounded." The sheriff shouted through his megaphone.

"Dad, please.... Surrender "

"No.... Unless I see you die first you bastard...i should have rejected you when Martha brought you in!! " he shouted. I was totally shocked about him calling me a bastard. Was I adopted?.

"Bad.. Bastard, what do you mean by that? "

"Nothing son, doesn't matter anymore " He said as he reached for his gun and pointed at me first and pointed it at himself.

"Don't do this dad" I begged. Even though I hate him right now but not to the point of seeing him die.

"Goodbye son, I will always love you " Those were his last word before pressing the trigger. Now I feel guilty all over me.

I stayed put staring at his lifeless body in his own pool of blood.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Destiny / The Prince Is Mine / What do you think of Chinua Achebe? Wole Soyinka?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.