Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason (3146 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by hasyak(m): 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
The Priest who Converted to Islam Tells His Reason

Teaching about Islam taught me many things.
By Idris Tawfiq Tue 10 January 2017 | 17:07
I enjoyed being a priest helping the people for some years.

However, deep inside I was not happy and I felt that there was something not right. Fortunately, and it is God’s will, some events and coincidences in my life led me to Islam.

I used to think of Egypt as a country of Pyramids, camels, sand and palm trees. I actually took a charter flight to Hurghada.

Shocked to find it similar to some European beaches, I took the first bus to Cairo where I spent the most wonderful week in my life.

This was my first introduction to Muslims and Islam. I noticed how Egyptians are such gentle, sweet people, but also very strong.

Like all Britons, my knowledge about Muslims up to that time didn’t exceed what I heard from the TV about suicide bombers and fighters, which gave the impression that Islam is a religion of troubles. However, getting into Cairo I discovered how beautiful this religion is.

Very simple people selling goods on the street would abandon their trade and direct their face to Allah and pray the moment they heard the call to prayer from the mosque. They have a strong faith in the presence and will of Allah. They pray, fast, help the needy and dream to have a trip to Makkah with the hope of living in heaven in the hereafter.

On my return I resumed my old job of teaching religion. The only compulsory subject in British education is Religious Studies. I was teaching about Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and others. So everyday I had to read about these religions to be able to teach my lessons to the students, many of whom were Arab Muslim refugees. In other words, teaching about Islam taught me many things.

Unlike many troublesome teenagers, these students set a good example of what a Muslim could be. They were polite and kind. So a friendship developed between us and they asked if they could use my classroom for prayers during the fasting month of Ramadan.

Luckily, my room was the only one with a carpet. So I got accustomed to sitting at the back, watching them praying for a month. I sought to encourage them by fasting during Ramadan with them, even though I wasn’t yet a Muslim.

Once while reciting a translation of the holy Quran in class I reached the verse:

{And when they hear what has been revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of what they have recognized of the truth.} (Quran 5:83)

To my surprise, I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I tried hard to hide it from the students.

The following day, I was taking the underground and noticed how terrified the people were. I was also afraid of the repetition of such acts in Britain. At the time, the Western people started fearing this religion they blamed for terrorism.

However, my previous experience with Muslims took me to a different direction. I started wondering ‘Why Islam? Why do we blame Islam as a religion for the action of terrorists who happened to be Muslims, when no-one accused Christianity of terrorism when some Christians have acted the same way?

One day I headed to the biggest Mosque in London, to hear more about this religion. Getting into London Central Mosque, there was Yusuf Islam, the former pop singer, sitting in a circle talking to some people about Islam. After a while, I found myself asking him” ‘What do you actually do to become a Muslim?’

He answered that a Muslim should believe in one God, pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan. I interrupted him saying that I believed all this and had even fasted during Ramadan. So he asked:

‘What are you waiting for? What is holding you back?’ I said:

‘No, I don’t intend to convert.’

At that moment the call to prayer was made and everyone got ready and stood in lines to pray.

I sat at the back, and I cried and cried. Then I said to myself:

‘Who am I trying to fool?’

After they ended their prayers, I headed to Yusuf Islam, asking him to teach me the words by which I announce my conversion.

After explaining its meanings to me in English, I recited after him in Arabic that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, I couldn’t hold back my tears.

‘Gardens of Islam’

I decided to write this book “Gardens of Delight: a Simple Introduction to Islam” to give non-Muslims an idea about the basic principles of Islam. I tried to tell people how beautiful Islam is and that Islam has the most extraordinary treasures, the most important being Muslims’ love for each other.

The Prophet says:

‘Even a smile to your brother is a charity.’

May Allah have mercy on brother Idris Tawfiq.

1 Like

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Heavance(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
After converting, did you get threatened by your people? If no, then you have started realizing the difference.

No one should be forced, when it has to do with their belief.

Secondly, the moderators on nairaland, with their bias handling of religious post alone, many will conclude Muslims are very bias with the way they handle issues.

let people see how you live, and that alone will preach your religion. simple

4 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:58am On Dec 30, 2017
May Allah keep him and us on the right Manhaj till the end.

3 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2017
Is this a fictional write up?

2 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Fundamentalist: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2017
tintingz:
Is this a fictional write up?

I was hoping you will take some lessons from the path the man chose, which was the right one at the end

2 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2017
Fundamentalist:

I was hoping you will take some lessons from the path the man chose, which was the right one at the end
What makes it the right path and what if he choose the wrong path?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Fundamentalist: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
tintingz:
What makes it the right path and what if he choose the wrong path?

What is your criteria for choosing what is right or wrong ?

1 Like

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Fundamentalist:

What is your criteria for choosing what is right or wrong ?

There is no universal right and wrong, it's relative and subjective.

Fact(evidence) is the tool to backup your claims.

I will like to know what makes his decision the right path?

1 Like

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Fundamentalist: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
tintingz:

There is no universal right and wrong, it's relative and subjective

Saying there is no universal way of determining right or wrong is what is making the world a dangerous place.

Hear what the creator has to say :
Al-Hujurat 49:13

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَٰكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓاۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

Finally, the Qur'an is the best criterion for right or wrong for mankind

Al-Isra' 17:9

إِنَّ هَٰذَا ٱلْقُرْءَانَ يَهْدِى لِلَّتِى هِىَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ ٱلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا

Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Saying there is no universal way of determining right or wrong is what is making the world a dangerous place.

Hear what the creator has to say :
Al-Hujurat 49:13

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَٰكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓاۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

Finally, the Qur'an is the best criterion for right or wrong for mankind

Al-Isra' 17:9

إِنَّ هَٰذَا ٱلْقُرْءَانَ يَهْدِى لِلَّتِى هِىَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ ٱلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا

Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward.

This is empty talk.

The reason for many Muslims to think the Quran is the absolute right and moral is the reason there are chaos in the world e.g Muslim terrorism, religious intolerance!

Religious intolerance and superiority, racism, tribalism are the main problem of this world.

U.S is a secular state with laws that are socially constructed and get updated/changed when necessary, do you see any intolerance in many of thier democratic system? Do you see them killing gays or killing apostates or stoning adulterers?

Like I said right and wrong are relative, when I said they are relative I mean the application surrounding right and wrong are relative, the concept of right and wrong are universal but thier applications are relative. Do you think the right to keep slaves 3000 years ago is accepted in this 21st century?

Now you said the Quran is best criterion for right and wrong, sorry dude, beating adulterers, beating disobedient wives and hatred for homosexuals is not right to me, it's totally wrong to my rational reasoning. If you want to know what to determine what's right and wrong, your empathy should do that not from an ancient fairy book that talk about imaginary rewards.

2 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Fundamentalist: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2018
tintingz:
This is empty talk.

The reason for many Muslims to think the Quran is the absolute right and moral is the reason there are chaos in the world e.g Muslim terrorism, religious intolerance!

Religious intolerance and superiority, racism, tribalism are the main problem of this world.

U.S is a secular state with laws that are socially constructed and get updated/changed when necessary, do you see any intolerance in many of thier democratic system? Do you see them killing gays or killing apostates or stoning adulterers?

Like I said right and wrong are relative, when I said they are relative I mean the application surrounding right and wrong are relative, the concept of right and wrong is universal but thier applications are relative. Do you think the right to keep slave 3000 years ago is accepted in this 21st century?

Now you said the Quran is best criterion for right and wrong, sorry dude, beating adulterers, disobedient wives and hatred for homosexuals is not right to me, it's totally wrong to my rational reasoning. If you want to know what to determine what's right and wrong, your empathy should do that not from an ancient fairy book that talk about imaginary rewards.

I won't blame you because don't have a bearing. The the Qur'an has this to say about people like you :

Luqman 31:20

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُۥ ظَٰهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةًۗ وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يُجَٰدِلُ فِى ٱللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَٰبٍ مُّنِيرٍ

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him] .
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 11:17am On Jan 01, 2018
Fundamentalist:

I won't blame you because don't have a bearing. The the Qur'an has this to say about people like you :

Luqman 31:20

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُۥ ظَٰهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةًۗ وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يُجَٰدِلُ فِى ٱللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَٰبٍ مُّنِيرٍ

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him] .

Another empty talk.

You have not tell me how your belief is the right one?

Any book and God can claim the bolded, the Bible said same about Yahweh, flying spaghetti monster also said same, so what makes you think you're in the right path?

# Were you born and raised into this path or choose it by choice?

* Whatever it is, what makes it the right path?

2 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
^^^All those memes are not necessary!

Cc. Mushrik
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2018
tintingz:
^^^All those memes are not necessary!

Cc. Mushrik

No need to caution him. His moniker says it all. And I think you are similar to him.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

No need to caution him. His moniker says it all. And I think you are similar to him.
No, I'm NOT similar to him, I argue, discuss, debate intellectually and rationally not ranting like a bigot like he did.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by sino(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
tintingz:
There is no universal right and wrong, it's relative and subjective.

He acknowledged the fact that there is a creator who can only be one, and the fact that Islam as a religion can only be from that one creator!

He also realized that he would only be fooling himself if he denies this truth, because let's face it, denying God only makes you look foolish at the end of the day.

4 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
sino:

He acknowledged the fact that there is a creator who can only be one, and the fact that Islam as a religion can only be from that one creator!]

He also realized that he would only be fooling himself if he denies this truth, because let's face it, denying God only makes you look foolish at the end of the day.

# There are thousands of creator deities and as well religions, why he choose this particular deity and religion is what I'm asking, why does he thinks the deity/God is one creator that created all?

# Denying Flying Spaghetti monster makes one look foolish at the end of the day!
* Denying God is not the problem, denying "other Gods" is his problem, denying what has no strong evidence to backup his existence is not my problem!

# Is it that Allah appear to him in Egypt or in London mosque that he abadon his former God or he just assume this must be the right one, whatever it's what makes this God and religion the right one?
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by hasyak(m): 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
tintingz:
# There are thousands of creator deities and as well religions, why he choose this particular deity and religion is what I'm asking, why does he thinks the deity/God is one creator that created all?

# Denying Flying Spaghetti monster makes one look foolish at the end of the day!
* Denying God is not the problem, denying "other Gods" is his problem, denying what has no strong evidence to backup his existence is not my problem!

# Is it that Allah appear to him in Egypt or in London mosque that he abadon his former God or he just assume this must be the right one, whatever it's what makes this God and religion the right one?

There is only one God, the ways, means and names people chose to seek or call Him might defer. For those whom are spiritual aware that there is something more to the physical, look for the best way they believe they can seek Him based on their understanding. And that's what his decision is all about.

2 Likes

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
hasyak:

There is only one God, the ways, means and names people chose to seek or call Him might defer. For those whom are spiritual aware that there is something more to the physical, look for the best way they believe they can seek Him based on their understanding. And that's what his decision is all about.
There's no one God, every Gods are different in character, cuture, laws etc and they conflict each other, If there's only one God why not start worshiping Zeus or Odin or Brahma, why do you choose to worship Allah is Allah the same as african deities you abadon?

Those who worship Brahma or Yahweh, where are they going afterlife?

Are you now taking sides of these deities?
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by sino(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2018
tintingz:

You should know that man from time immemorial has been seeking to understand his origin, thus, the fact that we must have come from a more powerful, supernatural being. The thousands and thousands of deities and religions were as a result of this quest. Be that as it may, all these religions and deities cannot be said to be genuine, so any reasonable individual would have to probe further, so as to get to the truth! Indeed, one may be restricted or limited to research all the religions in the world, but one truth that cannot be denied by any religious person is the fact that we were created, and the creator wants us to connect with him....

This is were you start differentiating connecting with a creation and connecting with the creator. This is also were your common sense would be put to use, that is, if a creator sends a messenger to show us the way to him, then it goes against common sense to start worshiping this messenger. This individual in question had been worshiping the creation, eventually, he was gradually introduced to the concept of worshiping the creator, coupled with the fact that Judaism, Christianity and Islam can be said to be successive respectively. Again, these religions have one God as the creator, except for some Christians who believe in the trinity, but still alludes to one true God!

tintingz:

lol, the flying spaghetti monster is a creation of man, God isn't! In fact believing in the former makes you look foolish everyday! grin grin grin

Anyways, as I had already pointed out, the one true God can only be one, and this God must be distinct from what this God created. This man acknowledged this fundamental truth, and hence accept to submit totally to this one true God and not this God's creation!

Well, you being here is a strong evidence for God, 'cos if you believe that it is impossible for a book to just appear without an author or an editor or a printer etc., then why would you believe to be possible, you with all your traits, characteristics, color, shape, and design was by accident?!

tintingz:

He didn't abandon his former God, he always believed in God, but was worshiping the creation instead of God, and that he realized and accepted the worship of the one true God!
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by Demmzy15(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2018
tintingz:
No, I'm NOT similar to him, I argue, discuss, debate intellectually and rationally not ranting like a bigot like he did.
You sure? grin You debate more like a goat when pursued away from yam, still comes back to eat. Very stubborn! grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
I was expecting a rational response but you disappointed me Mr sino.

sino:

You should know that man from time immemorial has been seeking to understand his origin, thus, the fact that we must have come from a more powerful, supernatural being. The thousands and thousands of deities and religions were as a result of this quest. Be that as it may, all these religions and deities cannot be said to be genuine, so any reasonable individual would have to probe further, so as to get to the truth! Indeed, one may be restricted or limited to research all the religions in the world, but one truth that cannot be denied by any religious person is the fact that we were created, and the creator wants us to connect with him....
# Man created God, deities and religion due to ignorance, they don't understand what's arround them, so they created a god to fill those gaps (god of the gaps), now that science is revealing and explaining many phenomenon around us, god is diminishing. E.g People thought Zeus, Sango, Thor were the source of thunder and lighting especially when they are angry, now science has been able to tell how thunder works.

Secondly, religion was created for political reason to control the people with fear of wrath of gods, punishment etc. The reason each religion laws are traditional and cultural base.

# How do you know we were created? Is it because a book said so or what justification ground? If we were created then why are we created and why are we punished, why is life unfair to humanity?

This is were you start differentiating connecting with a creation and connecting with the creator. This is also were your common sense would be put to use, that is, if a creator sends a messenger to show us the way to him, then it goes against common sense to start worshiping this messenger. This individual in question had been worshiping the creation, eventually, he was gradually introduced to the concept of worshiping the creator, coupled with the fact that Judaism, Christianity and Islam can be said to be successive respectively. Again, these religions have one God as the creator, except for some Christians who believe in the trinity, but still alludes to one true God!
All religion has dogmas, Islam is a copied religion and culture, how each religion worship thier Gods is the truth and way to them, how they practice is the truth to them, you can't say because your book said other religion are fake/false means they are false because that's exactly what they said/saying about your religion (religion superiority), and like I understand about some religion, they don't worship creation instead they channel thier worship through these gods/heros.

Because the Abrahamic religion has more followers or whatever you mean by being successive in that context doesn't make your religion the right one.

lol, the flying spaghetti monster is a creation of man, God isn't! In fact believing in the former makes you look foolish everyday! grin grin grin
This is blasphemy, Flying Spaghetti monster is the only one true God!

You didn't mention which God isn't? Is it Allah? Don't tell me that's the true God! A God that was recreated by a man in the desert cave? grin

Anyways, as I had already pointed out, the one true God can only be one, and this God must be distinct from what this God created. This man acknowledged this fundamental truth, and hence accept to submit totally to this one true God and not this God's creation!
So which God is the one true God?

Well, you being here is a strong evidence for God, 'cos if you believe that it is impossible for a book to just appear without an author or an editor or a printer etc., then why would you believe to be possible, you with all your traits, characteristics, color, shape, and design was by accident?!
Why not tell me who created the author or where those the author came from? Shebi something must cause something? undecided

So color, shape, characteristics is your evidence of your God, why not tell me why your God didn't give humans wings or how natural disasters is perfect for a designer? grin

Lol, I wonder how your strong evidence is rationalize with my above statement. grin

He didn't abandon his former God, he always believed in God, but was worshiping the creation instead of God, and that he realized and accepted the worship of the one true God!
This is empty talk.

So Allah is not man-made creation?
Yahweh is the true universal God according to the Christians and Jews books, how you are confidence that Allah is the true God according to the Quran is what I'm yet to get from you.

Proof to me Allah is the one true God, and the funniest thing is , if you take the Quran and Muslims away, I wonder how Allah will exist.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
Demmzy15:
You sure? grin You debate more like a goat when pursued away from yam, still comes back to eat. Very stubborn! grin grin tongue
Yeah, more like Injustice and sentiment in this section. cheesy
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by usba: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
^^^

The universe can have only one God, the position of Islam is that religions misconstrue his oneness and associate false gods to him.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
usba:
^^^

The universe can have only one God, the position of Islam is that religions misconstrue his oneness and associate false gods to him.
How do you came up that the universe can only have only one God, do you assume this or what?

Let's agree there is only one God, which God is the true God and what makes it the true God?
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by usba: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
tintingz:
How do you came up that the universe can only have only one God, do you assume this or what?

Let's agree there is only one God, which God is the true God and what makes it the true God?

It is just logical, you can't have more than one God in the universe.

There is one God, there several misrepresentation of who HE is. It is the misrepresentation of him Islam came to clear and insist he is one. There are several names for God from culture to culture, religion to religion, language to language, but he remains one and There is nothing like him. Islam preached this, God is one and it is Islam representation of his attributes that is the most perfect representation of HIM.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
usba:

It is just logical, you can't have more than one God in the universe.
What logic? Like seriously?

Have you thought of multiple Gods channeling thier powers to create this universe? Or do you find it illogical that there can't be multiple inventors?

There is one God, there several misrepresentation of who HE is. It is the misrepresentation of him Islam came to clear and insist he is one. There are several names for God from culture to culture, religion to religion, language to language, but he remains one and There is nothing like him. Islam preached this, God is one and it is Islam representation of his attributes that is the most perfect representation of HIM.
Who authorized Islam to be that special religion to correct people about God? How is Islam different from every other religions?

There are different Gods in every nation, tribe and they are relative to the people's culture, the characters and nature of these Gods are different, some Gods have children and wives, some Gods have sex with their creation, some Gods hate seeing women unclothedness, hair and gays and so many personal Gods with emotions and human characters, the religion that don't believe in a creator is Jainism and they are okay with it.

How does a God that created humans and again want to throw billions in an eternal fire because they rejected him and as well for the evil he created? Is that one true God, an Impotent God that hate Homosexuals for no reason? Please tell me something else.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by usba: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
tintingz:
What logic? Like seriously?

Have you thought of multiple Gods channeling thier powers to create this universe? Or do you find it illogical that there can't be multiple inventors

If you had more than God there is will be perpetual strife in the heavens as each God will defend what he created, the Hindu gods will defend Hindus, the Yoruba god will defend his people and it goes on and on hence when one person from one part of the world has problem with others their gods will remember your point is about religion as it currently is in the world not your hypothetical infinity stones problem grin grin

Who authorized Islam to be that special religion to correct people about God? How is Islam different from every other religions?

Allah did. Islam is the only true monotheistic religion. Islam testifies that Allah sent a prophet to every human community, hence Islam is not a communal religion like every other religion which acts as if other people do not exist in the world do not they account for their beliefs.

There are different Gods in every nation, tribe and they are relative to the people's culture, the characters and nature of these Gods are different, some Gods have children and wives, some Gods have sex with his creation, some Gods hate seeing women unclothedness and gays and so many personal Gods with emotions and human characters, the religion that don't believe in a creator is Jainism and they are okay with it.

Wrong representation of God that likely happened as a result of corrupting the religion sent to them.

How those a God that created humans and again want to throw billions in an eternal fire because they rejected him and as well for the evil he created? Is that one true God, an Impotent God that hate Homosexuals for no reason? Please tell me something else.

You can not deny God and then at the same time want to demand the sort of morality he lives by, you atheists cannot have it both ways, once you deny God you loose the opportunity to demand what sort of moral code he lives by.
Re: The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2018
usba:

If you had more than God there is will be perpetual strife in the heavens as each God will defend what he created, the Hindu gods will defend Hindus, the Yoruba god will defend his people and it goes on and on hence when one person from one part of the world has problem with others their gods will remember your point is about religion as it currently is in the world not your hypothetical infinity stones problem grin grin
Are you with the Gods that you know each Gods will defend and cause conflict with each other? Do you see any God defending their people?(i am not talking about the ancient myths in the books).

Let agree these Gods defend their people, how does this affect the premise that they all created the universe?

Allah did. Islam is the only true monotheistic religion. Islam testifies that Allah sent a prophet to every human community, hence Islam is not a communal religion like every other religion which acts as if other people do not exist in the world do not they account for their beliefs.
Sorry, Yahweh also authorize that Christianity is the way of life!

So, who are the Prophets of Allah sent to Africa, Vikings, Eskimos, China, Red indians, America, Europe etc, why is that they differ in beliefs?

@bold, i dont get?

Wrong representation of God that likely happened as a result of corrupting the religion sent to them.
So a God that created women with feminine figure also want the women to apologize for being feminine, or a God that created homosexuals and want them to be killed for no reason? or a God that ordered men to beat their disobedient wives? is that the representation of a true God?

You can not deny God and then at the same time want to demand the sort of morality he lives by, you atheists cannot have it both ways, once you deny God you loose the opportunity to demand what sort of moral code he lives by.
I dont understand this part. undecided
Did i said i dont know the morality your God lives by? Who is the creator of immorality? So your God has morality, interesting, your God is getting morality from somewhere? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Christians And Muslims. Dont Move It Plz... / Humiliation Of Muslim Women By French Security Men (picture) / Refutation Of One Who Casts Aspersions Upon Saheeh Al-bukhaari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.