Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

An Open Letter From Hawkers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Open Letter From Hawkers (385 Views)

An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. / A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby / A Letter From An Aborted Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter From Hawkers by RabJ(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
HAWKERS
They’ve chosen to hustle,
they signed a deal not to beg
but to eat from their sweat.
Since they have the ability they’ve vowed not to be a liability and to steal no one’s property,
they thrive amidst harassment.
You see them racing after cars, not for medals but to make ends meet. Come rain come shine, they are always on post.
When the day is bright and even In the night they roam the road on an empty stomach, putting a mask of smile as they shove their goods at you.
They endure your scornful looks, never retaliate your insult,
they always comply when they are chased away.
They’ve been tagged a nuisance though I call them hustlers,
when you drive past them you may only see a bread seller without knowing he is also a breadwinner,.
They’ve been labeled and treated like dirt,
without hesitation you will choose your pet over them. Even oshomole told them to go and die.
They put their lives at risk, they never say never. They have big dreams, instead of sleeping they are awake chasing those dreams, think big start small is their logo.
I know you always see them on Highways, I need no soothsayer to know you’ve never said Hi. You wouldn’t do it even if you were high.
After reading this I hope you give it a try, try to say hi and make them smile you might be the only one that have greeted them for that day
Re: An Open Letter From Hawkers by kalu61(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2017
oh,what an emotional piece.God remember them in 2018

(1) (Reply)

Never Go Trying To Teach Where God Wants You To Learn / Do You Realise Today Is The Tomorrow You Where Worried About Yesterday? / Nairalanders Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.