Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help (2781 Views)

Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
okotv:
well, the girl didn't birth herself. The only thing wrong here on the girl side is making the issue public.

At 21, he should start making plans to be independent rather than diss the only parent who cares enough to feed, clothe and school his ungrateful bottom.

1 Like

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by okotv(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
EfemenaXY:

At 21, he should start making plans to be independent rather than diss the only parent who cares enough to feed, clothe and school his ungrateful bottom.
Are those not his right ?

1 Like

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
okotv:
Are those not his right ?

At 18, he is legally an adult and the mother has every right to kick him out.
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
Diamond23:
Tnxx
You're very welcome.

1 Like

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by okotv(m): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2017
EfemenaXY:

At 18, he is legally an adult and the mother has every right to kick him out.
Definitely not in Nigeria... nothing like that exists. When I wanted to join the armed forces at 20 some years back, they still requested for parental agreement....
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
okotv:
Definitely not in Nigeria... nothing like that exists. When I wanted to join the armed forces at 20 some years back, they still requested for parental agreement....

Okay, so what then is the legal age at which one is considered an adult in Nigeria? 30?

And at what age is one able to vote?
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by okotv(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Okay, so what then is the legal age at which one is considered an adult in Nigeria? 30?

And at what age is one able to vote?
18... but it doesn't apply at all.
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
faggins:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Complement of the season and merry Xmas.

please hear my story.
I'm a 300l student of a public university here in the north, 21years of age and Yoruba by tribe. Both my parent alive, am the first born with three siblings.
now here is my problem
my mother hates me so much that sometimes we don't talk to each other even though she is the one who pays my school fees, she abuses and rain insult at me for any slight mistake. There are sometimes that my mother will threaten me that she won't pay my school fees and that she would curse and disown me. Even today she was talking to me and I was not listening to what she said and before I realized it she start insulting me and she has snubbed me since morning. my mother is so wicked and a snob, sometimes I will greet her but she won't respond.
At times when I watch movies or see other people of my age interacting and chatting happily with their parents, I do question why God has decided to give me such an aggressive and hot tempered woman as a mother.

plz help me fellow Nairalanders am tired of having a snob as a mother
My colleague. We share same type of mother. Thank God im not d only one
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
okotv:
18... but it doesn't apply at all.

Why doesn’t it apply?

If he’s man enough to bite the hand that feeds him, he should be man enough to strike it out in the world himself - and discover how easy it is.

Maybe he’ll be a bit more appreciative then.
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by okotv(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Why doesn’t it apply?

If he’s man enough to bite the hand that feeds him, he should be man enough to strike it out in the world himself - and discover how easy it is.

Maybe he’ll be a bit more appreciative then.
Totally agree though

1 Like

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by armyofone(m): 12:36am On Dec 30, 2017
I wonder! No end in sight for an 18 years old and above adult to behave as one (an adult) and leave the nest. The only thing is whining all over the place.
Op, you are old enough to find your paths in life.

Look at it this way, your mama is stressed up. If I were you, I will stay in school, financially support her etc. Financial burden is wearing off your mom hence your present experience with her.
If mama gives you 50k, tell her mama I have a small job to support so keep the money or give me only 30k. Ease her burden and watch the changes in your relationship.

EfemenaXY:

2 Likes

Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by eyinjuege: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:
well, the girl didn't birth herself. The only thing wrong here on the girl side is making the issue public.

The girl in question is an adult in 300L.
The mother is not obliged to sponsor her/his university education but she still does.
The non Africans you mentioned earlier understand that fact well. They kick their kids out by age 18, especially a child with an attitude.
A non afeican child would probably be living on her own, working menial jobs in factories, stores by now to make ends meet.
In as much as I support the fact that parents are reponsible for any child they birth, their reponsibility ends once the child attains the legal status of an adult. Any thing they do after that is done strictly out of love and nothing else.

OP faggins,
Work on your attitude towards your mum.
Take a step backwards and start LISTENING.
Don't be in a rush to do things. Start spending time with your mum, don't try to be stubborn with her. Just calm down and actually start listening to her. You are no longer a child. She's probably worried about you that you won't be able to cope in the world out there because of your attitude.
Start helping out more in the house, even before she requests for help/tells you to clean up the house. Dont wait for your younger ones to do things. If you can't do the things/cleaning the house yourself, then learn to supervise your younger ones to do so.
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by okotv(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2017
eyinjuege:

The girl in question is an adult in 300L.
The mother is not obliged to sponsor her/his university education but she still does.
The non Africans you mentioned earlier understand that fact well. They kick their kids out by age 18, especially a child with an attitude.
A non afeican child would probably be living on her own, working menial jobs in factories, stores by now to make ends meet.
In as much as I support the fact that parents are reponsible for any child they birth, their reponsibility ends once the child attains the legal status of an adult. Any thing they do after that is done strictly out of love and nothing else.

OP,
Work on your attitude towards your mum.
Take a step backwards and start LISTENING.
Don't be in a rush to do things. Start spending time with your mum, don't try to be stubborn with her. Just calm down and actually start listening to her. You are no longer a child. She's probably worried about you that you won't be able to cope in the world out there because of your attitude.
Start helping out more in the house, even before she requests for help/tells you to clean up the house. Dont wait for your younger ones to do things. If you can't do the things/cleaning the house yourself, then learn to supervise your younger ones to do so.
Its your opinion and I respect it
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
crackhaus:
Maybe you should just talk to her and be interested in the things that make her happy... also use this opportunity to tell her how she makes you feel and find out (from her) what you can do to improve the relationship between you both.
How about that?

All I'm sensing here is a serious lack in communication, too many assumptions.

For a moment I was thinking you were giving relationship advice until I saw the title of the thread. Never knew you can be such a good boy. grin
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by crackhaus: 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mindfulness:

For a moment I was thinking you were giving relationship advice until I saw the title of the thread. Never knew you can be such a good boy. grin
It comes and goes...I'm volatile, what can I say grin
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
crackhaus:

It comes and goes...I'm volatile, what can I say grin

Or ...

maybe ...

you are clocking 50 and discovering your feminine side. grin grin grin
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by crackhaus: 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mindfulness:

Or ...

maybe ...

you are clocking 50 and discovering your feminine side. grin grin grin
grin

Yep that reminds me. Henceforth every time you come accross me on this platform, start with Good morning/afternoon/evening as appropriate...and don't forget to put Sir somewhere before the fullstop.
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
crackhaus:

grin

Yep that reminds me. Henceforth every time you come accross me on this platform, start with Good morning/afternoon/evening as appropriate...and don't forget to put Sir somewhere before the fullstop.

I need to see your picture first and your list of accomplishments grin
Re: I Have The Worst Mother In The World ,I Need Help by crackhaus: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Mindfulness:

I need to see your picture first and your list of accomplishments grin
Not a problem, make available your contact information and I'll have someone give you a call to fix an appointment with my biographer. She will sort you out.

Now please. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Cries At Any Slightest Hit / Dating Sites For Hookup / A Widow's Plight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.