Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (67767 Views)

Man Reveals The Stringent Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Applied For (Pix) / Man Shares The Strict Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Once Applied For / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Phace(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

So what if the website and the customer service contact are all from the scammers?

How can you apply for a job and immediately visa and work permit are given to you? Bytheway what is visa and work permit?

It's true those can come from the scammers. But you should know that the first thing in carrying out such a thorough check, is to be sure that the site is genuine. There are websites for this agency, hence a false fascimile of the site will only succeed in creating another. Ask questions, don't limit yourself to the site else wise you've not done any background check at all.

About the issue of visa, you don't assume that it was immediately issued. Besides, it's a possibility. Or where you thinking that you'll be called for an interview?
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by chiefojiji(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2017
Immediately I get to the place wey dem write $250 my mouth be like person wey hin anus wan open for shit.......!
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2017
Phace:

It's true those can come from the scammers. But you should know that the first thing in carrying out such a thorough check, is to be sure that the site is genuine. There are websites for this agency, hence a false fascimile of the site will only succeed in creating another. Ask questions, don't limit yourself to the site else wise you've not done any background check at all.

About the issue of visa, you don't assume that it was immediately issued. Besides, it's a possibility. Or where you thinking that you'll be called for an interview?

You obviously know nothing about visas or immigration judging by that comment
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Phace:

Bro stop trying to be overtly stupid. STOP TRYING TO DEFEND THE INDEFENSIBLE UNLESS YOU ARE MAD! Stop trying to rope Nigerians into rubbish. This is pure scam. THERE IS NO NEED CARRYING OUT A THROUGH CHECK ON RUBBISH. IF IT WALKS LIKE A GOAT, SMELLS LIKE A GOAT, BEHAVES LIKE A GOAT... THEN ITS DEFINITELY A GOAT!
Let me remind Nigerians that even if this work opportunity is coming directly from the US embassy in Nigeria, I will even doubt it because the USA is awash with cheap labour from llegal migrants.

2 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by cybernaut(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2017
Contact American embassy in d country and supply dem all d required information but bros dis one na romantic scam. After $250 u will still pay more.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by greggng: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
We received a mail from the Diplomat at the American Embassy
regarding your job in our hotel .Your Visa , Work Permit and
Employment Authorization Card . A higher Authorized Visa , Work Permit
and Employment Authorization Card has been approved so that you can
come here and start work with us in Spring Hill Hotel
Maryland U.S.A .
The Diplomat will send them to you through CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS
INTERNATIONAL today . He already registered for the transportation
and you need to pay US$250 to the delivery agency for the
transportation of the documents.

NOTE :
Contact the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL to inquire about the
transportation and delivery of your documents at

- Email: Courierservices.cargo@consulta nt.com

- Web: www.cargodelivery.us

He also said when you read from the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS
INTERNATIONAL you should let us know . Please do inform us as soon as
you contact the Cargo Delivery Couriers agency or if you received an
email from the agency regarding the documents

Thanks and waiting

Scam so people still falls for this? Anything you see diplomat inside run away
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Bishdammy: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2017
Beware of fraudsters!!!! Some people are very daft,how can someone secure a job in America without passing through interview...... I doubt that.No short cut to a country that has plan and future like America.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2017
grin

Run as far as your leg can carry you....this is a pure SCAM!

This format is no more in vogue; dry and outdated.
Tell them to try another one cos it's not 2018 compliant at all!
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Essohhjay: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2017
How do I join the WhatsApp group
[quote author=NYRP post=63732358][/quote]
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Tolzeal(m): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Melkizedeck: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2017
ApostleT:
It is a scam! The reasons are these:

1. That indicates bulk mail. When you are offered a job your employer will address you personally e.g. Dear Sango,

2. - This is funny but ridiculous. There is a suggestion that the US has an embassy in the US. The use of the word "the" indicates a specific diplomat however no name was mentioned.

3. - This is a Nigerian English. Where is here? If you have an idea how different nationalities write. This line is clearly written by a Nigerian.

4.There is an indication that your nephew got his visa without applying for one. That borders around insanity. Employers can sponsor your visa application they cannot post your visa. Did your nephew apply for US visa, work permit and employer authorization card? I guess the answer is NO and if he did he would have applied for visa at the US embassy in Nigeria not the US embassy in the US (a ridiculous concept to begin with)

The mysterious diplomat has now taken up the postman position grin. The emphasis is on the cargo delivery which is written in capital letter. This should activate an alarm bell in your head. This is scam. Requesting a payment from an employee to complete employment contract is a confirmation of the fraud. I am sure this so called company paid more than $250 to process the work permit.

Finally the use of language is similar to other internet scams.
May God bless you for this analysis. You should be a detective
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by kenx1(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2017
Scam scam here is the domain information:

Domain:, cargodelivery.us

Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.

Registration Date:, 2017-04-01

Expiration Date:, 2018-03-31

Updated Date:*2017-11-07

Its so so so so a scam
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by thedondada(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2017
EsotericMonk:
Why does everyone think its a scam? Agreed it has the trappings of a scam but the fellow applied for the job. S/he should contact the company through the official email he used in the application.
For fvcks sake, this is a low end hotelier job, not one of the "too-good-to-be-true kinda job.
I have a gf who got a job in the US for which she applied from Nigeria. Interview was on skype , now babe is flexing life in the US

This is the guy who sent the mail.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2017
smiley
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by dabossman(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2017
Doro scammer. grin grin
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by dabossman(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2017
EsotericMonk:
Why does everyone think its a scam? Agreed it has the trappings of a scam but the fellow applied for the job. S/he should contact the company through the official email he used in the application.
For fvcks sake, this is a low end hotelier job, not one of the "too-good-to-be-true kinda job.
I have a gf who got a job in the US for which she applied from Nigeria. Interview was on skype , now babe is flexing life in the US

It doesn't make sense that they would send someone they want to employ a package through courier and then ask him to pay $250 for it. If they are serious employers they will take care of that cost.

Abi na call collect?
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Funkybabee(f): 11:12am On Dec 30, 2017
Contact that hotel management nah to verify
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by castrokins(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2017
Those Of Us Who've Been On The Internet Long Enough Would Know That Consultant.com Is A Sub Under Mail.com
Just One Of Many Red Flags. Obvious Scam
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Templa(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2017
Document transportation lol... grin Dem dey transport document too
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by orobs93(m): 11:27am On Dec 30, 2017
chloride6:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very old format

d tin tire me see d small money self e nor even cover fuel money and sub money for the work
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by planetx: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2017
Phace:
The thing is; people like to think of a lot of things in the negative light. It's a safety measure anyway.

But I think a little look into the good light is necessary. Come to think of it, what if the whole process turns out to be genuine? He'd probably say that the Lord doesn't want him to get the job. I'm just saying.

The best thing is to look up the agency. They always have a website, and therein a customer contact service. Communicate with the organisation, ask if the mail is genuine. It won't cost a thing. You should not lose a good opportunity on sentiments. Just be careful.
Which hotel in America will be hiring from Africa when there are millions of Americans and immigrants living in the US looking for work or you think there are no unemployment in the US, and then help you get visa and work authorisation to come and be changing bedsheets and scrubbing toilets because
the op is so special. Obviously an amateurish scam.

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by pannyman(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2017
thedondada:

This is the guy who sent the mail.

You got me rolling on the floor with laughter. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by meneski(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant , CONGRATULATION We received a mail from the Diplomat at the American Embassy regarding your job in our hotel .Your Visa , Work Permit and Employment Authorization Card . A higher Authorized Visa , Work Permit and Employment Authorization Card has been approved so that you can come here and start work with us in Spring Hill Hotel Maryland U.S.A . The Diplomat will send them to you through CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL today . He already registered for the transportation and you need to pay US$250 to the delivery agency for the transportation of the documents.
NOTE : Contact the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL to inquire about the transportation and delivery of your documents at
- Email: Courierservices.cargo@consulta nt.com
- Web: www.cargodelivery.us
He also said when you read from the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL you should let us know . Please do inform us as soon as you contact the Cargo Delivery Couriers agency or if you received an email from the agency regarding the documents
Thanks and waiting

like if you believe this is a nigerian english. Share if na G boys hand work.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by opson2016(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2017
I was a victim back in 2016.
Don't be carried away by the package and the love to work in the US.
419ners have a way of defrauding people, they change tactics from time to time.
Tell him to cut off any kind of communication with them.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by ginggerxy: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2017
chloride6:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very old format
bros update your boy on the new format the street ain't funny angry
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Papadoh(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2017
$250 lol. Oh Lord! Give us our daily bread.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Orpe7(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2017
Give me $200 i get person wey dey go yankee him go help u deliver am. grin

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by poseidon12: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2017
Obviously, a scam.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by ensamy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hahaha!!!! job man. When you hear pay this amount grin grin you don enter be that. yahooooooo.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by ensamy(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2017
Tell them to pay the $250 for you, obviously when you start work they should subtract it from your salary shocked shocked
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by shine12: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
Fraud Fraud Fraud

Employers don't ask for money.Period
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by thedondada(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
PatEinstEin:

They won't force the money out. I would advice him to follow up, if he thinks the application is genuine. But don't pay any money if you can't get your hands on any of those things mentioned. I mean see and feel the visa, emploment whatever, and the rest. Don't release any kobo, till you are convinced. A scam is successful only when your money is lost.

You are a potential. With all the prrof on this thread you are still hanging on to a slim chance that it might be possible.

That's how people get scammed that hope that it might be real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified / Polaris Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019 / Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.