Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal (1231 Views)

Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund / Nyesom Wike Meets With Cristiano Ronaldo In Spain (Photos) / 2019: PDP Reconciliation Committee Led By Wike Meets With James Ibori (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by zakim(m): 6:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike on Friday described the approval of $1 billion from Excess Crude account by Nigeria Governors’ Forum as illegal.

He said the same amount could also be taken from the ECA to address environmental problems in Ogoni land and other areas in the Niger Delta.

Wike was addressing State House reporters after meeting behind closed doors with

President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said was at the Villa to update Buhari on the security situation in Rivers State, describing his relationship with the president as cordial.

The governor said: “For me it is illegal, however, we are talking about fighting insurgence and no right thinking individual will say that he will not support the government to fight insurgency.

"But on the other hand, I believe that we have been talking about the environmental issues in the Niger Delta particularly in Ogoni land, I believe that we can also take the same money from the excess crude account to fund the problem in Ogoni land and other Niger Delta areas. That is my position.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wike-meets-buhari-says-1bn-insurgency-fund-illegal.html

2 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by simonlee(m): 6:45am On Dec 30, 2017
You will definitely term it illegal since you know your criminal hands will not lay hold of a kobo of that money!
Nigerian governors been sharing the national cake since 1960... Thieves everywhere!!! grin
Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by lordkush: 7:33am On Dec 30, 2017
simonlee:
You will definitely term it illegal since you know your criminal hands will not lay hold of a kobo of that money!
Nigerian governors been sharing the national cake since 1960... Thieves everywhere!!! grin
shut up you. $580 million was used to fight alqeda.

why is Nigeria budgeting 1billon for bokoharam lai Muhammed said has been defeated.?

the soldiers have not been complaining of weapons, because gej bought weapons before he was kicked out. Last I checked the solders were complaining of hunger and writing letters that they have been abandoned, and that thier salaries isn't being paid on time.

that's what apc wants to do witth 1billion?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by Okoroawusa: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2017
The heading is misleading.Wike is in support of d fund.
Mynd44

OAM4J
Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by frankyychiji(f): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2017
simonlee:
It's like something is "strong" with you. Yusuf Buhari obviously gave you some of the gum smoked that night.

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by Obere4u: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2017
lordkush:

why is Nigeria budgeting 1billon for bokoharam lai Muhammed said has been defeated.?

the soldiers have not been complaining of weapons, because gej bought weapons before he was kicked out. Last I checked the solders were complaining of hunger and writing letters that they have been abandoned, and that thier salaries isn't being paid on time.

Where did you get that information from? $580million is used to fight Alqeda?

1 Like

Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by kcmichael: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2017
Insurgency fund illegal
Please tell Gov.wike to account:
1.two tranch of Paris fund(20bn)
2.bail out funds
3.security votes worth billion of naira
4.ecological funds worth billions
5.2016 & 2017 state budget
6.loan borrowed worth over 100bn
He's just weeping of sentiment,
Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by Lipscomb(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2017
$1billion I thought the budget met for the ministry of defense so they will use that money fight book haram
Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by MrPolitics: 11:46am On Dec 30, 2017
lordkush:

While I agree that we need explanation on why they want to use $1billion to fight a technically defeated group, I know for sure that tens to hundreds of billions of dollars were spent on al-qaeda and not $580milliin
Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by FastShipping: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
Obere4u:

Where did you get that information from? $580million is used to fight Alqeda?

From Ipob bureau of statistics. grin

US has spent trillions of dollars fighting alqaeda and war on terror world wide since 2001.

$2.4 trillion as at the year 2007.

Re: Wike Meets Buhari, Says $1bn Insurgency Fund Illegal by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
zakim:
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike on Friday described the approval of $1 billion from Excess Crude account by Nigeria Governors’ Forum as illegal.

He said the same amount could also be taken from the ECA to address environmental problems in Ogoni land and other areas in the Niger Delta.

Wike was addressing State House reporters after meeting behind closed doors with

President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said was at the Villa to update Buhari on the security situation in Rivers State, describing his relationship with the president as cordial.

The governor said: “For me it is illegal, however, we are talking about fighting insurgence and no right thinking individual will say that he will not support the government to fight insurgency.

"But on the other hand, I believe that we have been talking about the environmental issues in the Niger Delta particularly in Ogoni land, I believe that we can also take the same money from the excess crude account to fund the problem in Ogoni land and other Niger Delta areas. That is my position.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wike-meets-buhari-says-1bn-insurgency-fund-illegal.html

I respect Wike and Fayose as the ONLY Governors that speak out about the brazen robbery of Nigeria under Buhari.

The $1 billion is just another paymnet for the Buhari boys using "Boko Haram" as a front to steal the money.

Why not put the money in the budget and allocate it to defense, then monitor it's implementation for the procurement of arms for our troops? They won't do that because the true aim is not to procure anything for our army, it is meant to be stolen for other personal priorities of Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Looters Blackmailing Buhari With Benue Killings – Presidency / Nigerians to pay more for Electricity as NERC Approves ‘Service Charge’ / NASENI AGAIN: Presidency, Where Is Your Integrity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.