Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (52050 Views)

How People Are Containing The Spread Of Coronavirus Around The World (Photos) / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by ElPhenomenal(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
Filtered eyes
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by defashan: 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Seems I have tritapanopia grin

What is tritapanopia??

Are you dyslexic as well?
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Henitan24(f): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
Thanks op, I so much love this.
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
Quite educative
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by alade112(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
DEUTERANOMALIA is cool and i like it or I'm i the only one seeing it?
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
defashan:

What is tritapanopia??

Are you dyslexic as well?
I don't have such disability mister.
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by mekuso89(m): 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2017
protanopia worst pass
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
smiley
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by correctguy101(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
Guys, you should try reading this book... "The Giver"
It's about living in a controlled world with no colors. You would love it.
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Mariangeles(f): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Good to know 'cause I've always wondered...
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Awoleesu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
So, what d'you call those who see these pics in Negative or one who can't spot the difference in each set of quartets?

1 Like

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by slapandfall(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
booqee:
trying so hard to be like the dumb nwamaaikpe

I think NwaAmaikpe's foolish big shoes is too big for your small foolish brain.

At least make your foolishness unique and stop copy copy

1 Like

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Kooldon(f): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
So So Educative. I Stil Amazed Dt Nairaland Could Be This Educative. Keep It Up Dude
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Perge:
Accredited bullshit angry
if you don't know what to type shut-up your mouth
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
Someone with color blindness should just commit suicide instead of living with such pathetic condition where you see the world as its not suppose to be.

E be like say them swear for you, ko?
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Freeman59: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jeffrey12:
TOTAL COLOUR BLINDNESS (MONOCHROMACY)

Total color blindness, or Monochromacy, is the rarest form of color vision deficiency. People who have it can only see in black and white, but it's estimated that only 0.00003% of the world's population are affected by this particular condition.

Na exactly this type of blindness de worry APC and their supporters. In fact all naija politicians, including police, SARS and phcn
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
booqee:
Now I reaffirm you're really dumb cheesy
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by pat077: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jeffrey12:
TOTAL COLOUR BLINDNESS (MONOCHROMACY)

Total color blindness, or Monochromacy, is the rarest form of color vision deficiency. People who have it can only see in black and white, but it's estimated that only 0.00003% of the world's population are affected by this particular condition.
this one Na black and white vision
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by ImperialYoruba: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
OP,
This is interesting...you taught me something.

Man pikin wan know...how does woman breast appear to the eyes in the various color condition? Abeg help grin
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Bahddo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
So how did the people that put up these pictures know exact what color-blind people see?

1 Like

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by shuggah(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
Someone with color blindness should just commit suicide instead of living with such pathetic condition where you see the world as its not suppose to be.
nd someone wt ur type of brain is alive
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by zezinando(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
booqee:
you would be amazed to know that NwaAmaikpe is more intelligent than u are,check the way he writes,his use if punctuations and analysis of issues,I feel he is a guy who views things in a different way

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by PotatoSalad(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
I don't have color blindness but I have a problem with contrast which is why I'm photophobic. Things trend to appear fainter making me more sensitive to bright lights.
I noticed it for the first time this year when i tried my dad's glasses and things looked deeper and darker undecided
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by PotatoSalad(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
Bahddo:
So how did the people that put up these pictures know exact what color-blind people see?
Tech
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by highbee02: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jeffrey12:
#1 Pug In A Tulip Field
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by mariovito(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
Someone without sense should just commit suicide instead of living with such pathetic condition where you are a constant disgrace
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Tocheagle(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
What of those with night vision grin
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Onechancearmy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jeffrey12:
# 6. APPLE.

Seven Jobs You Can't Do If You Are Colourblind.

1. Operating Motor Vehicles

If you hadn’t thought about this before, you will now. The operation of motor vehicles when colorblind prohibits organizations from hiring those with colorblindness. There are many countries in Europe and Asia that won’t allow those with colorblindness to obtain a driver’s license. Why?

Obviously, traffic lights with color indication are the main reason and a terrible train crash in Sweden in 1875 that prompted the decision in some European countries, to prevent those that are colorblind to get their license.

2. Pilot

In the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration requires that those who wish to become pilots are tested for normal color vision. Obviously, color is important when it comes to dash instruments, and keep in mind that gun signaling on the tarmac is important for normal vision as well.

In some cases, pilots may be issued a license with restrictions, in which they are not allowed to fly at night, but those who cannot operate with color signals, will not be able to work for an airline.

3. Electrician

You may not think that an electrician would be on the last, but it is. Unless you know someone who is an electrician, you may not understand why normal color vision is important. However, electricians deal with color coded wires on a daily basis, making it vital for all electricians to be able to see color.

4. Firefighter

A firefighter is another profession that you may not have considered needs to have color vision. After all a fire is a fire right? This may be true, but it when comes to using the various pieces of equipment normal color vision is important.

Think about the importance of extinguishers. Detecting the difference between a fire and a water extinguisher is important, so that water isn’t thrown onto an electrical fire.

5. Baggage Handler

While having normal vision is seemingly important for a pilot, it is equally important for those who work as baggage handlers too. Some bags are labeled with color coded symbols to indicate what the bags contain. If the bag is marked as not safe for a flight and it does end up on a plane, what could be the end result?

6. Police Officer

Is it your dream to become a police officer? If you are colorblind it could be that you won’t be allowed to take on your dream job. You might not consider that color has much to do with this job on a regular basis, but in fact that is on the contrary.

Consider that police officers MUST be able to identify and report those that they are to apprehend. If someone gives a description of a suspect, a police officer who is colorblind will not be able to tell the difference in what is red and what is brown.

7. Painter

Being a painter always involves colors, every minute of every day. This job is listed for the obvious reasons, as a painter’s work can be varied. Imagine that you were to hire someone to repaint your home, and it was painted in the wrong color. You wouldn’t be thrilled, right?

These are just 7 positions that prohibit those with color blindness to work them.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by sisisioge: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2017
Awwww...the world is actually more beautiful through the eyes of the tritanopia( abi how you spell am) grin
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Bahddo(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2017
PotatoSalad:

Tech
tech is broad and vague. Which technology exactly, makes this possible?
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by otil1: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2017
dominique:
Most interesting topic I've read all week. Thanks for sharing

How can you be that mean? You mean you didn't read about Yusuf Buhari's bike crash
Re: You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World by Chukabiz1961(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
If they commit suicide, what will people who are totally blind do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / Depression: When I Think Of Sex, How Can I Die? - UNIPORT Female Student (Video) / Soldier Commits Suicide In Borno (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.